Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) (38664 Views)

Lady And Her Best Friend Die In Fatal Motor Accident In Abuja (Photos) / Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) / Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by psychologist(m): 10:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
If they were whites y'all will not arrest them o

Inferiority complex

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by adecz: 10:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
These are clearly mercenaries
imported to aid the Fulani...

God no dey sleep.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by Kingspin(m): 10:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
Nigeria is been sold to fulani killers
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by Firehead(m): 10:49pm On Jan 19, 2018
They will soon be released after a phone call from an oga at the top!!!!
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by tiamiyukunle69(m): 11:01pm On Jan 19, 2018
Please amend your ways bro
mrhenry003:
account boosting procedure
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by Empiror: 11:05pm On Jan 19, 2018
Don't use this to diffuse the air, dont shift goal post, dont tell us they are the perpetrator of various killings. Arrest the Fulani heardsmen now. Watching!
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by priiince(m): 11:09pm On Jan 19, 2018
Was at inec office KARU to get my pvc for the first time then saw this happening live, kudos to our men on uniform for a clinical job done.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by OSESUNATE(m): 11:12pm On Jan 19, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
I know say na one influential Nigerian Fulani man go cum "bail" them. The next week, dem don begin knack "kpoi kpoi" as shoemakers or dey shout "condemn iron" upandan with truck
Bros, he done come already. Na e wear DAT red and green agbada

1 Like

Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by laudate: 11:15pm On Jan 19, 2018
winterfell007:
Isn't Niger part of ECOWAS?? Free movement of goods and services might apply to them too.
Do they have passports that have been stamped at the immigration posts, to grant them entry? There is also a section of the ECOWAS regulations that gives a state the right to deny a citizen of another state, entry through its' borders, if they constitute a threat to the peace of that state. Go and check!

1 Like

Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by vioment: 11:35pm On Jan 19, 2018
How can you be arresting Nigerian citizens? This country is just rubbishing by the day as usual. A correct government will call it fair play, and let them stay while you improve the economy and do the hard work of identifying your citizens and our brothers all over west, east, and south Africa.

A very foolish leadership in many branches, you trust Arabs and Lebanese more than Africans. Nigeria is getting to a point of no return from stupidity. It is our leadership role to integrate with Africa.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by Diso60090(m): 11:39pm On Jan 19, 2018
This are boko haram please send them back
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by laudate: 11:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
vioment:
How can you be arresting Nigerian citizens? This country is just rubbishing by the day as usual. A correct government will call it fair play, and let them stay while you improve the economy and do the hard work of identifying your citizens and our brothers all over west, east, and south Africa.

A very foolish leadership in many branches, you trust Arabs and Lebanese more than Africans. Nigeria is getting to a point of no return from stupidity. It is our leadership role to integrate with Africa.
Go back and read the whole post made by the OP again, with understanding. They are Nigeriens (citizens of Niger Republic), and not Nigerians. If you studied Geography in school, you would know where that country is located.

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by poseidon12: 11:48pm On Jan 19, 2018
Probably recruits for Miyetti Allah.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by Originalsly: 12:15am On Jan 20, 2018
Hmmm.....Nigerian Immigration has arrested illegal Nigerian citizens in Nigeria. Would they be deported to ehmmm....Lagos? I'm having a headache... migraine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by delli(m): 12:19am On Jan 20, 2018
Nigeria my great country where anytin goes
Hear what is used even non citizens are now protesting

Where peace supposed to be, I pray for Nigerians future

#1Nigeria
#1love
#love

Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by arrestdarrester: 12:27am On Jan 20, 2018
I have always said these Herdsmen are moved about by trucks. I think some folks will believe now.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by vioment: 12:37am On Jan 20, 2018
laudate:

Go back and read the whole post made by the OP again, with understanding. They are Nigeriens (citizens of Niger Republic), and not Nigerians. If you studied Geography in school, you would know where that country is located.

I read it, and to me, there is no clear way to know who is from Niger or Nigeria if they speak Fulani or Hausa; If the borders are so porous and we don't have a credible identification system, whose fault is it. For all we know, the real fulani killer can be pointing out a stark illiterate and accusing them of not being Nigerians. If they say they are not Nigerians by themselves, then send them back and tell them to come back with ecowas passport. We cannot be bullying and intimidating our own kind, while lebanese and others not from Africa act like they are Nigerians. Every leader in other continents are treating Africans like shit, and Nigeria is busy doing even worse to Africans. We don't need hate from our neighbors that we can work with. Send the illegal lebanese and chinese and others home.

Let us fix our system before we hand out judgement. It is chaos everywhere even as a Nigerian in Nigeria.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by laudate: 12:42am On Jan 20, 2018
vioment:

I read it, and to me, there is no clear way to know who is from Niger or Nigeria if they speak Fulani or Hausa; If the borders are so porous and we don't have a credible identification system, whose fault is it. For all we know, the real fulani killer can be pointing out a stark illiterate and accusing them of not being Nigerians. If they say they are not Nigerians by themselves, then send them back and tell them to come back with ecowas passport. We cannot be bullying and intimidating our own kind, while lebanese and others not from Africa act like they are Nigerians. Every leader in other continents are treating Africans like shit, and Nigeria is busy doing even worse to Africans. We don't need hate from our neighbors that we can work with. Send the illegal lebanese and chinese and others home.

Let us fix our system before we hand out judgement. It is chaos everywhere even as a Nigerian in Nigeria.
How sad. Your comments are borne out of ignorance. sad With a few thought provoking questions, it is very easy to know if a person is Nigerien, Chadian, Malian or Nigerian, even if they speak Hausa or Fulfude.

Immigration officials all over the world have been trained how to interrogate travellers, in order to discover their identity and places of origin. undecided

No country in the world throws open its borders to all and sundry, even if they are next door neighbours. And this is because of security issues, unemployment issues and health issues. sad

If any of these immigrants are carrying contagious diseases, how would you be able to tell, if you just throw open your borders to them all to walk in, anyhow they like? If you study the spread of diseases in Africa, it is dispersed across borders, by itinerant travellers. undecided That is why yellow fever vaccination certificates etc, are demanded at entry points.

Security risks also occur when you allow every one inside, without any restrictions, or without conducting due checks. With the spread of Boko Haram, ISIS and other militia gangs in North Africa, as well as the proliferation of small and light weapons, it is risky to just allow foreigners to stroll across your borders, into any part of your country, even if they are your neighbours.

If you say Nigerians treat other Africans like crap, I would disagree to a certain extent, as Nigerians in other African countries are treated far worse than citizens of such nations, are treated here. Take a trip round Africa, before you jump to hasty conclusions.

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by vioment: 1:19am On Jan 20, 2018
laudate:

Your comments are borne out of ignorance. With a few thought provoking questions, it is very easy to know if a person is Nigerien, Chadian, Malian or Nigerian even if they speak Hausa or Fulfude.

Immigration officials all over the world have been trained how to interrogate travellers in order to discover their places of origin.

No country in the world throws open its borders to all and sundry, even if they are next door neighbours. And this is because of security issues, unemployment issues and health issues. sad

If any of these immigrants are carrying contagious diseases, how would you be able to tell if you throw open your borders to all of them? If you study the spread of diseases in Africa, it is dispersed across borders, by itinerant travellers. undecided

Security risks also occur when you allow every one inside without conducting due checks. With the spread of Book Haram, ISIS and other militia gangs in North Africa, as well as the proliferation of small and light weapons, it is risky to just allow foreigners to stroll across your borders, into any part of your country, even if they are your neighbours.

I get your point of being security conscious. My argument is based on the general lack of trust we have with our security operatives which is not all their faults but due to bad leadership. If you give one of those immigration 500 or 1000 dollars now, he will swear he knows their village in Nigeria, so is that system credible? Most of these people they are sending away, probably have children in Nigeria who will grow up to be no less Nigerian than you. It is time to have a serious west african passport that everyone should have and is credible, then we work from there. Before independence, most of these neighboring countries had legitimate relatives across borders eg igbos and cameroon, lagos and benin, and others.

See how they called africa shithole and majority of the blacks are barking and denouncing the statement, if an african leader or any president insults blacks in the usa, am sure that many nigerians will find it funny and not give a damn. This i don't care attitude we have is not helping the african cause. If a platoon is fighting among themselves all the time, how can they win a war.

To me, I say open the borders to all africans except arabs that are not investors. Nigeria should have a africa 1st guided policy. If they are coming to Nigeria, we can go to their own places too. A real open border without the noise, build railway within Nigeria that also connects to various other african states. It is also time to change that stupid flag and make it green/black/green and even change that stupid name that somebody gave his girlfriend as a gift (can you imagine). I stand with Africans worldwide.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 20, 2018
BoneBlogger:
Security operatives comprising of the Nigerian Immigration Service, Police and Department of State Services (DSS) have arrested illegal Nigerien citizens and other foreigners at Karu, Abuja following a tip-off on the subtle entry of aliens into the community. The men are currently in the custody of the security operatives as investigations begin to unravel their mission in the country.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/illegal-nigerien-citizens-conveyed-truck-arrested-security-agents-abuja-photos.html

Bloody lies.

Who wan smuggle himsef into Nigeria where Tens of thousands of Nigerians are trekking to Europe thru Libya.grin.

These are Boko haram members.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by Apostle1617: 1:45am On Jan 20, 2018
delpee:
And they passed through several states to get to Abuja without being arrested!

We have a huge problem on our hands. sad

what u are seeing can not b Abuja possible d border entry !!! Abuja do not have land as dry as this. Or did they fly to get to Abuja ? Please the news is incomplete.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by laudate: 1:53am On Jan 20, 2018
vioment:

I get your point of being security conscious. My argument is based on the general lack of trust we have with our security operatives which is not all their faults but due to bad leadership. If you give one of those immigration 500 or 1000 dollars now, he will swear he knows their village in Nigeria, so is that system credible? Most of these people they are sending away, probably have children in Nigeria who will grow up to be no less Nigerian than you. It is time to have a serious west african passport that everyone should have and is credible, then we work from there. Before independence, most of these neighboring countries had legitimate relatives across borders eg igbos and cameroon, lagos and benin, and others.

See how they called africa shithole and majority of the blacks are barking and denouncing the statement, if an african leader or any president insults blacks in the usa, am sure that many nigerians will find it funny and not give a damn. This i don't care attitude we have is not helping the african cause. If a platoon is fighting among themselves all the time, how can they win a war.

To me, I say open the borders to all africans except arabs that are not investors. Nigeria should have a africa 1st guided policy. If they are coming to Nigeria, we can go to their own places too. A real open border without the noise, build railway within Nigeria that also connects to various other african states. It is also time to change that stupid flag and make it green/black/green and even change that stupid name that somebody gave his girlfriend as a gift (can you imagine). I stand with Africans worldwide.
Opening up the borders to all Africans is a recipe for disaster, as long as effective, state-of-the-art security systems for fishing out criminal elements among them, have not been put in place. sad

Please do not get carried away by some sense of African patriotism. A number of African nations do NOT like Nigerians.

Like I stated earlier: Nigerians in other African countries are treated far worse, than citizens of such nations are treated here. Take a trip round Africa, before you jump to hasty conclusions. undecided

1 Like

Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by vioment: 2:34am On Jan 20, 2018
laudate:

Opening up the borders to all Africans is a recipe for disaster, as long as effective, state-of-the-art security systems for fishing out criminal elements among them, have not been put in place. sad

Please do not get carried away by some sense of African patriotism. A number of African nations do NOT like Nigerians.

Like I stated earlier: Nigerians in other African countries are treated far worse, than citizens of such nations are treated here. Take a trip round Africa, before you jump to hasty conclusions. undecided

Bro, am well versed to a point. No be dat times wey i dey Nigeria dey carry runz for head. I have roamed 5 countries in three continents for the last 5 years. This guy is not unpolished no more. With that said, i carry Africa for head, and yes i support your state of the art system that you envision for security measures. As for now tho, i think Nigeria cannot just send people away especially when they have a home and have not committed any crime.

If someone tells you as the appropriate officer that they are from Niger or chad or wherever, if your dept can ascertain that this person or people are working or learning, are not a nuisance to the society, then let them go through due process and also get treated with respect and dignity while at it. It should be that if you pick a violator up, that is not violent to your team, you should first gather their information so that if they are sent back, they can carry their properties and wealth with them. No more cool to inhumanely handle an African by an African. Nigeria should lead this respect and dignity act in Africa. If one of these people come up with a solution to greatly improve our power/light condition, our story will change. Before we were a different tribe from many places in Africa, today you are a nigerian and have a tribe. We were all from somewhere especially in Africa, and our future generation could be from anywhere in Africa. Let us begin to lead africa in this regard and also work together in research, education, free movement, security, respect, and dignity. We have the resources, we should join our brains. Niger is a resource rich land even more than Nigeria, if you don't know. They are just making foreigners and nations not in Africa rich due to low awareness. We should help clean the scales out of their eyes and shower them with knowledge since they have been in shackles, handcuffs, and had the heads covered for a long while. Niger might be the country to power Nigeria tomorrow, you never know.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by Maxigoody: 2:51am On Jan 20, 2018
we have been vindicated.
President Buhari's brothers that are always being imported into Nigeria to sure-up the population of hausa-fulani and the North in general.
It will be not be wrong to say, Nigeria is a country of two countries- Nigeria and Niger.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by laudate: 2:55am On Jan 20, 2018
vioment:
Bro, am well versed to a point. No be dat times wey i dey Nigeria dey carry runz for head. I have roamed 5 countries in three continents for the last 5 years. This guy is not unpolished no more. With that said, i carry Africa for head, and yes i support your state of the art system that you envision for security measures. As for now tho, i think Nigeria cannot just send people away especially when they have a home and have not committed any crime.

If someone tells you as the appropriate officer that they are from Niger or chad or wherever, if your dept can ascertain that this person or people are working or learning, are not a nuisance to the society, then let them go through due process and also get treated with respect and dignity while at it. It should be that if you pick a violator up, that is not violent to your team, you should first gather their information so that if they are sent back, they can carry their properties and wealth with them. No more cool to inhumanely handle an African by an African. Nigeria should lead this respect and dignity act in Africa. If one of these people come up with a solution to greatly improve our power/light condition, our story will change. Before we were a different tribe from many places in Africa, today you are a nigerian and have a tribe. We were all from somewhere especially in Africa, and our future generation could be from anywhere in Africa. Let us begin to lead africa in this regard and also work together in research, education, free movement, security, respect, and dignity. We have the resources, we should join our brains. Niger is a resource rich land even more than Nigeria, if you don't know. They are just making foreigners and nations not in Africa rich due to low awareness. We should help clean the scales out of their eyes and shower them with knowledge since they have been in shackles, handcuffs, and had the heads covered for a long while. Niger might be the country to power Nigeria tomorrow, you never know.

Who told you those people do not have a home? Didn't they come from somewhere? And how can you ascertain that a foreigner is not a criminal, or that he does not constitute a security threat? You think it is just by looking at his face? shocked Why has Boko Haram been able to thrive so much? Isn't it because many of their foot soldiers & supporters, infiltrated our borders from neighbouring countries?

Guy, a country does not get the respect of its' neighbours, by leaving its borders wide open. undecided And coming up with a permanent solution to the light and water problem, does not require throwing open your borders to illegal immigrants, even if they are from neighbouring countries.

You can only uplift the dignity of your country, when your own fellow citizens who are nationals of that country get good jobs, good security, high standard of living, good education and good healthcare services provided by the state authorities. It is not by turning yourself into a refugee camp for citizens from other African countries! Nigeria has not even been able to solve its own internal refugee problems or IDP camp issues. sad So your advice, will only aggravate the situation and make things worse for them.

Go back and study Nigeria's foreign policy over the last 25 years. Nigeria has spent a lot of its money, trying to make life better for other African countries. Do you know exactly how much our nation has donated to other African nations? There was a time, we were giving Niger Republic free electricity supply, even at the detriment of our own citizens.

I don't even want to talk about how much Nigeria spent in dismantling apartheid in South Africa, or bringing peace to Liberia through ECOMOG. We also sent our citizens to teach their people, through the Technical Aid Corps Scheme under OBJ's regime.

Anyway, let me leave you to wallow in your romantic fairytales....about other African countries. They can do no wrong, in your own eyes.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by Maxigoody: 2:55am On Jan 20, 2018
vioment:

tra.sh! tra.sh!! tra.sh!!!

Rub.bish comment!!!

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by vioment: 3:02am On Jan 20, 2018
Maxigoody:

tra.sh! tra.sh!! tra.sh!!!

Rub.bish comment!!!

Whatever. My opinion, your opinion. I stand with Nigerien like i stand with Nigerians. Treat Africans with respect and dignity. Thank you.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by ignis: 3:21am On Jan 20, 2018
They would be released and sent to Benue soon.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by vioment: 3:31am On Jan 20, 2018
laudate:

Who told you those people do not have a home? Didn't they come from somewhere? And how can you ascertain that a foreigner is not a criminal, or that he does not constitute a security threat? You think it is just by looking at his face? shocked Why has Boko Haram been able to thrive so much? Isn't it because many of their foot soldiers & supporters, infiltrated our borders from neighbouring countries?

Guy, a country does not get the respect of its' neighbours, by leaving its borders wide open. undecided And coming up with a permanent solution to the light and water problem, does not require throwing open your borders to illegal immigrants, even if they are from neighbouring countries.

You can only uplift the dignity of your country, when your own fellow citizens who are nationals of that country get good jobs, good security, high standard of living, good education and good healthcare services provided by the state authorities. It is not by turning yourself into a refugee camp for citizens from other African countries! Nigeria has not even been able to solve its own internal refugee problems or IDP camp issues. sad So your advice, will only aggravate the situation and make things worse for them.

Go back and study Nigeria's foreign policy over the last 25 years. Nigeria has spent a lot of its money, trying to make life better for other African countries. Do you know exactly how much our nation has donated to other African nations? There was a time, we were giving Niger Republic free electricity supply, even at the detriment of our own citizens.

I don't even want to talk about how much Nigeria spent in dismantling apartheid in South Africa, or bringing peace to Liberia through ECOMOG. We also sent our citizens to teach their people, through the Technical Aid Corps Scheme under OBJ's regime.
Anyway, let me leave you to wallow in your romantic fairytales....about other African countries. They can do no wrong, in your own eyes.

You got some points that I already thought about. Lol at the bolded comment.

I would go the route of strengthening security at the border. If they were caught on a flash point, then they go through the process. If our leaders have not put thoughtful laws in place and no security at the border, then it is not their fault. If a fighter is caught during an assault on bh camp, then it's fair play on their arrest or end. It's not rocket science to treat nigerians and others with respect and dignity; that shouldn't need technology or development to begin implementing on a large scale.
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by LilSmith55(m): 4:16am On Jan 20, 2018
Them full Lagos die, after 1year now. Dem self go dey claim Nigeria....
Re: Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) by Rasdagama: 4:45am On Jan 20, 2018
So long as Buhari remains at the realm of affairs, this is the lat we would hear about this issue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chuks Samson, The U.K Returnee Seen Wandering Around Lagos, Found (pics,video) / USA Visa Applicants To Submit 5 Years Of Social Media Activities / How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.