Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,462 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Buhari: I Was Once Fit By Aare2050 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Was Once Fit By Aare2050 (289 Views)

Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People / Buhari: I Ran To TY Danjuma Due To My Shock At IDPs Camps / Hanan Buhari: I Can’t Wait For Next Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: I Was Once Fit By Aare2050 by Aare2050(m): 11:26pm On Jan 19, 2018
Yes, I remember when I was a soldier. When the agility was so strong.When I was strong to the extent of moving mountains. When my reasoning faculty was super fast. When! When!! When!!!
Well that was then.... Read along please�

So today I decided to partake in a friendly match between staffs, the school where I work and another school not too far from ours. I've never trained with the staff since I joined the school about four months ago. So nobody knows if I have the football skills or not.

As the game was about to start, I had a chance to touch the ball, play around with it and made some nice joggings, I displayed so beautiful skills and the school coash was impressed. Anyway that was my intention, I wanted to show them that I'm also a gamer.

At half time, we were leveled at 1-1 score line, some of our players were weak already, I was called upon to replace the tired football, I was happy, jumping and the student were also sharing me up.

I made some tackles from the wing, had a one on one with the goal keeper but couldn't score, had a second on target and still lost it to the goalkeeper again. The time around I noticed I'm getting tired, when I tried to run after a player, I discovered that I no longer have the pace. I felt disappointed, when I got dribbled I would just pick up my self from the floor, I can't believe my self, this can't be me.

The me of ten years ago, the me of year 2012 would have made some impact that loosing the ball to the opponents goalkeeper. My energy failed me, my eyes started turning, I asked myself 'what's really going on? '

fifteen minutes on the football pitch, I called for a substitution, then because it was a friendly match, I was substituted, ashamed and disappointed. But I just laughed it off with my colleagues, telling them I left my energy at home, trying not to feel bad.

as I trow myself on the floor I finished 3 sachet of water, then a thought came to my mind, and I asked if really it's true. What if the president of the country is in my shoes, but couldn't call for a substitution because of his pride "old soldier".

President Muhamadu Buhari left office a long time ago as a military ruler, he had the energy, the past, the brain, the control and was able to make some decisions without the fear of anyone to better the life of Nigerians.

no wonder he said "I belong to everyone and I belong to no one" when he was sworn in. He thought he still have all the energy, the power and the reasoning faculty.

Nigerians saw the skills in him, but he lack the agility to carry out the skills, just the way my energy failed me on the football pitch.

His colleagues are calling on him now to give for a substitution, hell no. He is not ready for that, I think he should get out of the football field when he still have little energy to move back home.

I am not a writer, I'm just thinking aloud.
BAJAGRO2018
#ALLOWASUB.

(1) (Reply)

Millions Of Nigerians Will Join Apc Soon, Says Buhari / Gov. Okowa’s Justification Of Political Trust Amidst Leadership Uneasiness. / Osteoarthritis: My Mother’s Ordeal By Mohammed Ibrahim Zakzaky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.