Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? (85884 Views)

Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? / I'm In Church And I Forgot My Underwear - South African Slay Queen / Woman Removes The Borrowed Underwear Her Friend Was Wearing In Public (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by MadApcEweduMod: 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Gosh...this is so nostalgic.
It brings back vivid pleasant memories.

As a teen; there was this Amala seller in the neighborhood who threw her wrapper open without restraint or caution.
It was a hobby then to wait for her to readjust her wrapper so we could just catch a glimpse of the shimmy she had on.

The indomie generation will not relate to the word 'Shimmy'

My friend Mama Ramotu still wears this till this day and it is just as sexy as a gstring.

Ramotu in owerri dialect grin Ramotu olaniyi biko

2 Likes

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by xynerise: 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
Shimi grin
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Proffeluczy1(m): 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
IamMissMarvel:
not since puberty
boxers ti take over.
I hope not what I'm thinking?

1 Like

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by OnyeOGA(m): 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
dominique:
Tights have taken over now
i like Peteri o
grin
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by jospepper(m): 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
Habaaaaa... I don rock them before na.
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by DeRay98(m): 2:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
Aldebaran:
grin
It's called shimi

Chai,that was when 95% of women were still sane grin

Also before, women wear pant to cover their buttocks and private parts grin

But now, it's the buttocks that cover their pants grin

Chai! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by jimcaddy(m): 2:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
Not the era of slay queens that wear catapult rather than real underwear...

1 Like

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2018
femie21:

Love Ur smile

THANK YOU.
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by mvem(m): 2:15pm On Mar 06, 2018
Nickizoe:
Is called shimi.. Is over because our tailors now add it in our cloths and is called landing
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by opribo(m): 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2018
There is nothing new, only recycling. Soon we go back to that style only in another dimension.

1 Like

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by volcel(m): 2:21pm On Mar 06, 2018
looks very nice, wish i lived during that time

1 Like

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by ikukuhero: 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
dominique:

Tights can never ever take the place of those under wears. Those underwears boost your clothes, especially those light textured materials, so they don't get to hide between your tighs when you walk. Tights do not do that.
Boxers / shorts may, anyway but definitely not tights.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Bobby808: 2:32pm On Mar 06, 2018
Benjom:
The good old days... not for this 'Indomie Generation' smiley

#waiting for old-skool ladies to testify

Those good hey days are gone. It pains me. How do we go back to those old days? Those were when men were men and women were woment. A lot of pains brother.

2 Likes

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Octaves(m): 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2018
long shimi. ladies used to wear them back then. not anymore.
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Uchman50(m): 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2018
[quote author=Aldebaran post=65608448] grin It's called shimi
Chai,that was when 95% of women were still sane grin
Also before, women wear pant to cover their buttocks and private parts grin

3 Likes

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Kobicove(m): 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2018
msughdoo:
If so, what colours do you prefer?

Does the colour really matter? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by PDPGuy: 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2018
iyatrustee:
I still do. Strictly for natives though. Majorly Black

My teenage daughter would not even let it come an inch close to her grin
We prefer Gstrings today
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by debolayinka(m): 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
Mini, Pencil skirts and bum shorts have stopped them from wearing this modest underwear.

2 Likes

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2018
Yes na. I can't even imagine wearing an iro and buba or blouse and wrapper without one or a see through kind of clothing. Its just DAT some have been modified to look more sexy and cute.
Those girls that think it looks cute wearing a see through gown with only tights under should know its not fine rara rara

5 Likes

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by ikorodureporta: 2:48pm On Mar 06, 2018
dominique:
tight is d surest. I also wear it
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by MissRaine69(f): 2:56pm On Mar 06, 2018
A petticoat you mean? Most clothes come with a lining or if they are made bespoke you can request one to be included.....so no need for a petticoat.

1 Like

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Papaaldrich: 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2018
I remember this thing SHIMI.Kai if mama Rilwan wear this thing waka pass you my brother you go FAT.She made me hate the underwear Gan
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by oxaxcool(m): 3:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
blackbeau1:
Uncle first of all, what do u want to do with the colour of our underwear?
u so cute bae
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Rozaytee: 3:15pm On Mar 06, 2018
dat one na peterii..cheesy....who still wears dis shit...na for granma dem
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Speedo17(m): 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2018
Dem no dey wear am again oh!

1 Like

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Bestchisom(m): 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2018
blackbeau1:
Uncle first of all, what do u want to do with the colour of our underwear?
so that he can make full use of his vaseline.... is that u on ur profile
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by ArcGibson(m): 3:31pm On Mar 06, 2018
I used to know it as ''YERI'' in yoruba. Gone are those days when my grandma used to wear it. But nowadays self grandma no dey wear this kin thing again.

Nay tight grandma dey wear now o.
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2018
I concur.Secondary school days den,u have to buy like 5 of dem and all white grin
dominique:

1 Like

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by ayaomen(f): 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2018
Shimi
Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
very sexy! tongue these days women are walking around looking like Alien clones in the name of fashion grin

1 Like

Re: Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? by abbeyty(m): 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
Rozaytee:
dat one na peterii..cheesy....who still wears dis shit...na for granma dem

na lie you still dey wear them, the only different be say na akara you dey use sew your own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kenya Lady Called Ugly Bleaches Her Skin To Look Beautiful (Before & After Pics) / Checkout This Wedding Couples Outfit In Asaba Today (photos) / Makeup Artist Turns Her Face To Buhari (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.