Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend (830 Views)

15-year-old Arabic Pupil Kills Neighbour, 26 / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators / Man Kills Neighbour In Lagos Over Generator Fumes(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by Ayemokhia: 8:49pm On Apr 13, 2010
A 35-year-old youth corps member, Mr Kenneth Ohiri, a native of Imo state, is being held by the Zamfara state police command for allegedly stabbing his neighbour, Mr Emmanuel Enekwechi, an Anambra state indigene, to death in a row over a girlfriend.

Sources told Peoples Daily that the suspect was boyfriend Miss Oge Enekwechi, (an elder sister to the deceased) with whom he was staying after completing National Youth Service Programme. He only recently secured employment as a teacher with the state ministry of education

The relationship between the suspect and Miss Enekwechi was, according to sources, “often rough,” as he sometimes resorted to physically assaulting her, a situation which her late brother frowned at.

It was gathered that on the evening of Easter Sunday, a row had ensued between the suspect and his girlfriend, which attracted the attention of neighbours, including the mother of the lady, who immediately asked someone to call Emmanuel (the deceased) to come and rescue the sister.

On arrival, the deceased saw how mercilessly his sister was being beaten by her boyfriend and when he attempted to rescue the lady, the man pulled a knife and stabbed him on the chest and killed him on the spot

Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer of the state command ASP Sanusi Amiru, said the suspect has confessed that he stabbed late Emmanuel to death and that after concluding investigation, he will be handed over to court for prosecution

The suspect who spoke to the Peoples Daily at the state police command, said “I was tempted by the devil to commit such a dirty and unfortunate act which I am now deeply regretting.”

Mr Kenneth, who said he was a graduate of Marketing from Nagede Federal Polytechnic Imo state, said the family of the deceased have been a good friend to him and he could not imagine throwing the family into the agony it finds itself now, adding that, “I am now in deep remorse over what I have done and begging for prayers from the public”.

Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 13, 2010
A 35 yr old corp member? I thot 30 was the age limit?
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by oge4real(f): 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2010
^^^ I tire o
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by safeact(m): 9:09pm On Apr 13, 2010
My God, i hope dis enekwechi name is not d same with d one i know! Wait a minute, let me call a friend. In fact, d corper has among d charges, forgery and impersonation. I pity d bereaved family.
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by Nigerd(m): 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2010

Sources told Peoples Daily that the suspect was boyfriend Miss Oge Enekwechi, (an elder sister to the deceased) with whom he was staying after completing National Youth Service Programme. He only recently secured employment as a teacher with the state ministry of education

It was gathered that on the evening of Easter Sunday, a row had ensued between the suspect and his girlfriend, which attracted the attention of neighbours, including the mother of the lady, who immediately asked someone to call Emmanuel (the deceased) to come and rescue the sister.

the story is conflicting,
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by desgiezd(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2010
On arrival, the deceased saw how mercilessly his sister was being beaten by her boyfriend and when he attempted to rescue the lady, the man pulled a knife and stabbed him on the chest and killed him on the spot

This is ridiculous, a guy beating his girlfriend mercilessly even in the presence of the mother and the brother, where then is the love. Now that he has committed murder, he is now sober. What a life!
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2010
useless corper.his manhood should be severed
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2010
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by hbabe(f): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2010
What a stupid thing to do?  No wonder he is still a Youth Corps member at 35!  He must have evil forces pursuing him from his village.
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by DreaShola: 9:36pm On Apr 13, 2010
The guy is very stupid and not worthy of being called a human being
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by kosovo(m): 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2010
Moved to politics
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by knotty(m): 10:15pm On Apr 13, 2010
i am certain this is one of the gains of Cultism in our post-secondary school institutions.
misplaced aggression, misplaced bravado.
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by drake2(m): 12:37am On Apr 14, 2010
From the poorly written story, it is certain he was not a corper when this happened. Only 2 things were recent: 1. He just got a teaching job, 2. He just killed someone. Ur caption aint correct pls, corpers dont kill and hv never i hope.
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by Ayemokhia: 3:55am On Apr 23, 2010
Question: Where is d girl they are fighting 4?
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:17am On Apr 23, 2010
kosovo:

Moved to politics

Shouldn't it rather be in crime section? Just saying.
Re: Corps Member Kills Neighbour Over Girlfriend by Ayemokhia: 4:31am On Apr 23, 2010
where is d crime section located? cos i cant find it

(1) (Reply)

Senate Muzzles Opposition To Yerima’s Peadophile Marriage / Gunmen In Ogun Kill Banker In Children's Presence / Fec Grants Nigerian Citizenship To 82 Foreigners !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.