Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home (95269 Views)

Man, Wife, Sister Die In Bauchi Auto Crash While Returning Home After Voting / Couple Die While Returning Home From Their Wedding (Photo) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by ojmetrix(m): 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
I was expecting to see people like Anthony Joshua who b this ones

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2018
maybe like 0.05%
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
benben1000:
The fact is most Nigerians who go to Europe and Asia end up coming back. But US, Canada and Australia? Lie lie...rarely. America nay the worst. If your brother dey go America especially at a young age " teens and 20s" tell him bye like you will never see him again. I say that because all my uncles that went to America, not one out of 7 have come back home. 3 that went to Europe and Asia, come back regularly. That said, the ones in America send money regularly. They just don't want anything to do with the shithole, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehn. I spoke to one of them yesterday, asked him when are you coming back it's been 29 yrs, he kept saying "I ain't coming back to that shithole, God damn that shithole. Trump keeping it real, meeehn." LOL.

Because in America they work them live slaves with very little holidays and plenty DEBT!

14 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Mrkumareze(m): 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
No other reason than the cost of living there. You earn and also spend it all. Nigerians don't need places where they spend all they got and came back empty handed .

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by gnykelly(m): 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2018
Anikulhapo:
Walahi, if na me o, I no dey come back, never

when you see everything you want to see you will comeback

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by marylandcakes: 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2018
Because one or two people moved back to Nigeria doesn’t mean that people are moving back. Back to what? Anarchy?

17 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by noscarn91(m): 3:21pm On Jan 20, 2018
frosbel2:

Because in America they work them live slaves with very little holidays and plenty DEBT!
It's still better than this zoo country , 1 billion times.

17 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
If I leave Nigeria, that's the end.
I'll never come back

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Godson201333(m): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
benben1000:
The fact is most Nigerians who go to Europe and Asia end up coming back. But US, Canada and Australia? Lie lie...rarely. America nay the worst. If your brother dey go America especially at a young age " teens and 20s" tell him bye like you will never see him again. I say that because all my uncles that went to America, not one out of 7 have come back home. 3 that went to Europe and Asia, come back regularly. That said, the ones in America send money regularly. They just don't want anything to do with the shithole, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehn. I spoke to one of them yesterday, asked him when are you coming back it's been 29 yrs, he kept saying "I ain't coming back to that shithole, God damn that shithole. Trump keeping it real, meeehn." LOL.

Your analysis is not so true...Think of the proximity of Europe to Africa and America to Africa.The thing is that its just more expensive to come home for vacation from AMerica than when you live in Europe.You also need to put some certain cost into consideration,most especially if you have family.Another factor is that the population of Nigerians Illegal immigrant in America is higher than in Europe,Simply because in Europe deportation is very efficient while in America you can easily hide your face.

24 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by bettercreature(m): 3:25pm On Jan 20, 2018
ShawttySoFyne:
Abi I've return ni
You better return before it’s too late for you,We make it big in Nigeria if we really want to make it unlike Uk where you will continue to eat loaf of bread forever

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2018
noscarn91:

They have their problems too.

Go to Brooklyn and see dog-sized rats on the roads.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2018
just wondering.. if you cannot make it at an environment that offers you windows of opportunities.. is it here you will make it..? Haaaaa.. village people have upgraded oooh . Hiaaan grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

They have their problems too.

Go to Brooklyn and see dog-sized rats on the roads.

mos definitely.. but do the rats come out while you are watching TV and sit with you and cross their legs to eat your food and enjoy zee-world?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Saintp(m): 3:33pm On Jan 20, 2018
This is no big deal naa. A lot of people return home at some point naa. But then they should make sure they renounce thier citizenship of those countries so that they won't be able to go back again.

I know some of them that came back some years ago but have gone back permanently again after getting tired here. So this can only be news if they tear thier green cards never to go back else they are likely to run away from naija again. Make Dem no decieve us joor.

16 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by osuofia2(m): 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
AnanseK:

Buhari bringing back the pride of the nation. Wailers go hug a transformer.
Reread ur comment again...does it make sense..

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

mos definitely.. but do the rats come out while you are watching TV and sit with you and cross their legs to eat your food and enjoy zee-world?

You've trained yours to do that?

grin
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Mskrisx(f): 3:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
benben1000:

U just a clown cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

You've trained yours to do that?

grin

our rats are intelligent. soon they will ask for their own colony

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by kazzy4u(m): 3:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
Yimu
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 3:43pm On Jan 20, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

our rats are intelligent. soon they will ask for their own colony

You seem to have a PhD in Rat Science.

Might come in handy someday.

Hey, they need this knowledge in Ebonyi right now.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 20, 2018
noscarn91:

Nigeria is a blessed country run by morons.

It is not a Zoo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by ottohan: 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
Loritess:
The thing is, if u are coming from a country like that people assume you really know what you are doing so getting a very good job n opportunity will be sooo much easier.
Thats just it

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by coolh3ad(m): 3:46pm On Jan 20, 2018
Wait first?. Which people are coming back? . Come back ko - Go front ni. Make una dey deceive una selves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by millionboi2: 3:47pm On Jan 20, 2018
Anikulhapo:
Walahi, if na me o, I no dey come back, never
we die dia bro.

Better than being under buhar

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livinbygrace: 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2018
benben1000:

You are right.Yankee is far better than that hell of a continent called Europe.Most of them are stingy and hardly part with one pounds.Yankee is better.

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2018
holluwai:
None of my friends there has indicated coming back home so this story tire me o
The story has a wrong title. Those interviewed are exceptions. People who cannot break into the system. What will be the motivation for coming back to Nigeria now from UK. Can't find any single one.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by millionboi2: 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
benben1000:
you didn't make any sense

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by redsun(m): 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
Nigeria needs cleansing with a bit of common srnse. It needs people that can do things fie the sake of posterity and sustainability,not looting and plundering. Uk is broke and not particularly good for minorities at he the moment. Africans living in oyinbo land are like the prodigal child in the bible, that ran away from the wealth and opulence of his father for the crumbs and whips of the master.

We all know how dangerous and inconvenient it is to live in that country at the moment,but sometimes living dangerously to achive a lasting is better than living sheepishly in denial.

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by colestephan86: 3:51pm On Jan 20, 2018
hakeem4:
There’s nothing in this abroad everyone is running to. It’s like believing before you make it in Nigeria you mustu come to Lagos

My friend u better dont fool yourself, there are loads of persons that have made it cos they came to lagos in thesame vain, a guy that couldnt get a job here in Nigrria left the country for US n within months he is able to hustle n send funds to his parent. The truth is except you have parent that are well to do and are able to take care of u but for some there is absolutly nothing for them and they still live in a country where all the policies dont favour them. Dont let this set of people hear u say there is nothing in the abroad o.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by justwise(m): 3:55pm On Jan 20, 2018
redsun:
Nigeria needs cleansing with a bit of common srnse. It needs people that can do things fie the sake of posterity and sustainability,not looting and plundering. Uk is broke and not particularly good for minorities at he the moment. Africans living in oyinbo land are like the prodigal child in the bible, that ran away from the wealth and opulence of his father for the crumbs and whips of the master.

We all know how dangerous and inconvenient it is to live in that country at the moment,but sometimes living dangerously to achive a lasting is better than living sheepishly in denial.

Stop lying.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by phreakabit(m): 3:55pm On Jan 20, 2018
Truth: Hunger is dealing with them shege shege in the UK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix) / Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.