Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home (95303 Views)

Man, Wife, Sister Die In Bauchi Auto Crash While Returning Home After Voting / Couple Die While Returning Home From Their Wedding (Photo) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by marylandcakes: 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2018
redsun:

I am not lying.People live in abject poverty in the UK, especially among blacks and other ethnic minority that are traditionally poor.Many children go with just one meal a day in London, that is if they are lucky to get hand out from food banks that millions depend on to get by. Cramped up in some cold,damp and dingy high priced bedsit or two bedroom flat in Peckham, Brixton, Plaistow or elephant and castle.

Africa is the next big thing, whether good or bad at the moment, and a person with determination and vision can change the lives of not just himself, but for millions.And it is high time we began to feel ashamed as a people that can't independently hold a society together in the 21st century, irrespective of what we choose to blame for our predicaments.

Really? Those places you mentioned are much better than the best places in Nigeria. At least their media is not littered with corpses of multilated bodies.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2018
What do you expect?

Working your ass out to pay taxes that will benefit lazy people. Jand no be am jari..

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 20, 2018
justwise:

Stop lying.

He is very correct.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by bigdoo: 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2018
AnanseK:

Buhari bringing back the pride of the nation. Wailers go hug a transformer.

By Fulani Herdsmen killing Christians like mosquitoes?
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by justwise(m): 7:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
sacluxisback:

He is very correct.

He is not.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2018
justwise:

He is not.

Bros i didn't visit the UK, i lived there.

Those zones are thick slums , oshodi equivalent.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by justwise(m): 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2018
sacluxisback:

Bros i didn't visit the UK, i lived there.

Those zones are thick slums , oshodi equivalent.

Every city has their own slums not peculiar to the UK

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

They have their problems too.

Go to Brooklyn and see dog-sized rats on the roads.
What is this one saying ?

Smh all these people that have never crossed border to Ghana suddenly know everything about America?

All these ones that American embassy has denied their visa application 100 times are now so bitter and anti American!

Abeg go eat feaces

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by rash47(m): 7:21pm On Jan 20, 2018
Word!
majekdom2:
A lizard in Nigeria cannot become a crocodile overseas. The world is in "turmoil" and solutions to problems is what the world is looking for. If you can't be part of the solution, you will remain at the lowest level of the economy wherever you find yourself.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2018
livebynite:

What is this one saying ?

Smhall this people that have never crossed nirder to Ghana suddenly know everything about America?

All these onesrhat American embassy hasdenied their visa application 100 times are now so bitter and anti American!

Abeg go eat feaces

Well you may have quoted me but you obviously are not talking about me.

Been there, done that.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

Well you may have quoted me but you obviously are not talking about me.

Been there, done that.
Dude hush up , imagination doesn't mean reality

Grow up and stop the petty lies
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 7:27pm On Jan 20, 2018
livebynite:

Dude hush up , imagination doesn't mean reality

Grow up and stop the petty lies

Lol.

Why the hell do.you think you and everyone you meet online are mates?

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Lomprico2: 7:29pm On Jan 20, 2018
So because 5 people come back, idiots dey praise vulture buhari. They shld carry a survey of those leaving.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by DONADAMS(m): 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2018
they are coming to vote bubu out of power...they'll soon go back. trust me
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by ernieboy(m): 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2018
holluwai:
None of my friends there has indicated coming back home so this story tire me o
I taya, they pick only a handful out of the millions of Nigerians living in diaspora and say people are coming back. I am sure for every one that came back there are probably 100 more Nigerians queueing up to leave.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 20, 2018
Bollinger:

And in Nigeria, there are no jobs with plenty of free time because of it. Plus they have very little possessions hence no need to be in debt. I think i'll stick with America if i had the choice.

I live in the UK and have been to the US, will never live there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by holluwai(m): 8:00pm On Jan 20, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Check ur friends, ve dey made it over there?

I doubt that so.

I know lots of pple who don't wanna come back cos they haven't made. They are too ashamed to return

How would you say someone has made it? I’m just curious, but what I’m saying is a good number of friends I have can pay rent conveniently if they’ve not acquired a flat or home yet, have a good job and also raising a family after having a proper wedding and have kids. Tell me what that person wants to come do in Nigeria where power lasan na issue. It made differ with others but I’m telling you what I know.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by holluwai(m): 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2018
Thank you, living abroad isnt easy just as much as it’s has a lot of advantages. I’m happy as long as I have a good job and can pay bills and all, good road, constant power, access to infrastructures...

ernieboy:

I taya, they pick only a handful out of the millions of Nigerians living in diaspora and say people are coming back. I am sure for every one that came back there are probably 100 more Nigerians queueing up to leave.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

Lol.

Why the hell do.you think you and everyone you meet online are mates?

If I thought we were mates I would know you have been to America, but alas I know you have never stepped in there. So we are not mates
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2018
livebynite:

If I thought we were mates I would know you have been to America, but alas I know you have never stepped in there. So we are not mates

I don't have to prove anything to you.

Way below my league.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Lhimeet(m): 8:14pm On Jan 20, 2018
grin
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2018
Bollinger:

Define "made it". The problem with Nigerian is money is you all's god. Don't get me wrong. Money is important but the way you people treat it is the reason for you problems as a people.
I am definitely not one of those who attach extra ordinary attachment to money.
wud be a consolidated millionaire if I did.

But, what will make a man remain in a country where he gets the 3rd class citizens treatment, if he could come home and live comfortably without the treat of getting undermined in anyway by anybody.

Imagine what US is currently doing to pple, notwithstanding they ve lived all their lives over there. Recently, a Latino was deported back to his country after living in the USA for more than 30yrs.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by degamemaster(m): 8:24pm On Jan 20, 2018
E no concern me cos I'm fine here in Aleppo Syria and I'm not coming back to that shithole country anytime soon. As for these that returned, I can only see village people at work on their destinies.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 8:27pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

I don't have to prove anything to you.

Way below my league.

Okay sir

But all I am saying is, stop the cheap petty lies it makes you look ridiculous!

You have never ever been to USA period !!

Watching DStv judiciously doesn't give an iota of the real feelings of walking down crenshaw and seeing hot honnies smile at you then you realize for the first time that Nigeria is the lowest of lowest pits of hell

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Samponmis(m): 8:30pm On Jan 20, 2018
lalasticlala:

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1L7wFX80fMvPyCKhH57t1rj/london-to-lagos-why-repats-are-making-the-move
Like Yoruba proverb: oun to n se Lemibaje ko se omo re Lemibaje n sunkun owo, omo re n sunkun oko.

Interpretation of the above statement: what is worrying Lemibaje is not worrying his daughter, Lemibaje is looking 4 money his daughter is looking 4 husband.
Has some people are planning to live this country with all thier possible means some people are planning to return becos there is no place like home.

I pray God will always guide our steps in anywhere will find ourselves in life. #Nigerians. we are one.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by AnanseK(m): 8:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
bigdoo:

By Fulani Herdsmen killing Christians like mosquitoes?

Another ignorant one
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
livebynite:

Okay sir

But all I am saying is, stop the cheap petty lies it makes you look ridiculous!

You have never ever been to USA period !!

Watching DStv judiciously doesn't give an iota of the real feelings of walking down crenshaw and seeing hot honnies smile at you then you realize for the first time that Nigeria is the lowest of lowest pits of hell

Doing your best to get me to prove you wrong.

All I would say is, the list of countries I've visited is likely equal to the number of teeth in your mouth.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

Doing your best to get me to prove you wrong.

All I would say is, the list of countries I've visited is likely equal to the number of teeth in your mouth.

And this is indeed a possibility but very unlikely.
You are very narroow in yourmental scope and quite crude and shallow like a cheap ferry cake sold at ojjelegna u der bridge.

I repeat you have never ever been to America and I dare ssyany country outside west Africa.

Lies will get you nowhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
livebynite:

And this is indeed a possibility but very unlikely.
You are very narroow in yourmental scope and quite crude and shallow like a cheap ferry cake sold at ojjelegna u der bridge.

I repeat you have never ever been to America and I dare ssyany country outside west Africa.

Lies will get you nowhere

Lol.

I wouI'd like to keep my identity as anonymous as I possibly can .

No point in arguing with you.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by fasho01(m): 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
Bollinger:

Lol. Ok. If you say so. grin

You know how we reverence anything foreign over here. So their coming back here gives them an edge compared to there, where they are tolerated, rather than celebrated. They'll become celebs here in no time

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2018
GavelSlam:

Lol.

I wouI'd like to keep my identity as anonymous as I possibly can .

No point in arguing with you.

Stop being a "try hard "

"Try hards" always mess up ! You have never been to America!

Why keep up this charade? Seriously?
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2018
livebynite:

Stop being a "try hard "

"Try hards" always mess up ! You have never been to America!

Why keep up this charade? Seriously?

Lol.

Name it.

Texas, NY, Mass, Penn, Nevada, been there done that.

It's no biggie.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

North Cyprus: Part 2 / Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.