Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River (12586 Views)

Navy Destroys 15,775 Litres Of Stolen Crude Oil In Ondo / Navy Destroys 175 Illegal Bunkering Sites, Impound 27 Vessels / Scores Killed, Others Missing In Fresh Akwa Ibom/cross River Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by Groovenaija360(m): 2:48pm On Jan 20, 2018
Rear Adm. Victor Adedipe, the outgone Flag Officer Commanding (FOC) Eastern Naval Command of the Nigerian Navy, Calabar, says the command destroyed no fewer than 150 illegal refineries between June 2017 and January 2018.

Adedipe said that the illegal refineries destroyed within the Command’s area of operation included those within the maritime domain of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River states.

Adedipe said this during the handing over of the command to his successor, Rear Adm. Matthew Emuekpere in Calabar.

Adedipe said that since his resumption on June 29, 2017, the command had witnessed drastic reduction of crude oil theft, illegal bunkering and piracy.

According to him, the successes were achieved by the constant patrol by naval personnel at sea, adding that the command also repelled the hijack of several ships on the sea.

“During my time in the command, myself and my team were able to make our contributions principally in two key areas which are operations and welfare.

“Within the period, we were able to shut down 150 illegal refineries within the command’s area of operations. This was due to our aggressive anti-crude and illegal bunkering patrol.

“In the area of welfare, with very strong support from the Naval Headquarters, the command was able to add value to its entire barracks,’’ he said.

He also commended other security agencies, the host community and the governments of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River States for their support and solicits the same support for his successor.

“I also acknowledge the contributions of the Naval personnel and civilian staff that served in the command under my leadership and urge them to continue to give the same level of loyalty, commitment and support to the new FOC,’’ he said.

Emuekpere in his response after receiving the flag of command and leadership commended Adedipe for his dynamic leadership in the command.

He thanked all those that helped Adedipe to succeed and urged that the same level of support be given to him to enable the command achieve its set objectives.

“I have formally served in this command as a young officer. I wish to solicit the support of all personnel within the command to help us move the Nigerian Navy to greater heights,’’ he said.

>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/nigerian-navy-destroys-150-illegal-refineries/

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by Groovenaija360(m): 2:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
cc;lalasticlala,mynd44

Navy doing good job.
Kudos.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by modik(m): 2:53pm On Jan 20, 2018
Legal refineries =Redundant and too old for maximum capacity utilization.

Illegal refineries = destroyed by security officers

Result =Acute shortage of Petroleum products

Naija which way?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by LionDeLeo: 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2018
I don't get it, is it that these illegal refineries actually separate crude oil into its popular consumable components like PMS, AGO etc?

If that is the case, why not simply licence them, monitor them, supply them with crude oil at reduced price. I think that will, to some extent, reduce the importation of fuel, provide job, etc?

I still don't understand this concept of destroying illegal refineries.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2018
LionDeLeo:
I don't get it, is it that these illegal refineries actually separate crude oil into its popular consumable components like PMS, AGO etc?

If that is the case, why not simply licence them, monitor them, supply them with crude oil at reduced price. I think that will, to some extent, reduce the importation of fuel, provide job, etc?

The fuel grade they produce is substandard and can cause damage to engines

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by LionDeLeo: 3:31pm On Jan 20, 2018
GoroTango:
I see.

2 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by mycare(m): 5:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
Well done.
Hope they can dislodge the Fulani Herdsmen terrorists too

3 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by muthmayinnah: 5:39pm On Jan 20, 2018
SOUTH SOUTH, SOUTH EAST AND THE NORTH ARE THE PROBLEM IN NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by JandyJ(m): 5:39pm On Jan 20, 2018
muthmayinnah:

Oga the whole Nigeria is the problem..

6 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by Thisis2raw(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2018
muthmayinnah:
so how is South South the problem of Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by maxiuc(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2018
Xyp
Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by muthmayinnah: 5:41pm On Jan 20, 2018
Thisis2raw:
so how is South South the problem of Nigeria?
TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT
Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by Thisis2raw(m): 5:41pm On Jan 20, 2018
While the fulani herdsmen are still on rampage killing innocent farmers.

There problem is people hustling

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by Thisis2raw(m): 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
muthmayinnah:
TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT
so you just say thing without point or reason.
Na WA o

4 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by erico2k2(m): 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2018
LionDeLeo:

The oga at the top no gree

2 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by erico2k2(m): 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
GoroTango:
Then 70% of cars in PH will be dead by now.go chk all those buying drums of diesel to power their plant in PH , where do U think they buy from wen the drum is N40k.The petrol from the petrol station is even worse than the ones these guys in the swamp produce

5 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by benben1000: 5:46pm On Jan 20, 2018
Instead of focusing on Fulani herdsmen killings, their eyes is on oil. This should tell you what One Nigeria means to them...OIL NOT HUMAN LIVES!

6 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by lordsharks(m): 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
Thumbs up Navy

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by lordsharks(m): 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
Nice job they did

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by lordsharks(m): 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2018
benben1000:
Instead of focusing on Fulani herdsmen killings, their eyes is on oil. This should tell you what One Nigeria means to them...OIL NOT HUMAN LIVES!

The fuel they produce is Bad, don't you get it?
Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by FakoMaybach1: 5:56pm On Jan 20, 2018
I saw one mumu justifying the destruction of these refineries by saying the fuel is bad for engines.

I wonder since when it is the job of Nigerian Navy to protect your car engine.

I am sure there is a sinister power in play, we dont have refineries, yet the small ones being built are destroyed, someday the truth will come out

7 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by PHIPEX(m): 5:58pm On Jan 20, 2018
These agents of destruction are busy destroying what they can't make. The govt can't maintain the one they have but will destroy rather than train and licence these small ones. It depicts the inferiority complex of the Blackman, if someone in US builds similar thing and gets a patent to it we will be the first to go and import.

3 Likes

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by tstx(m): 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2018
Kai
Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by IkpuMmadu: 6:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
How can they destroy what they don't have.....we don't have refinery we don't have fuel as I write now, we can't buy any fuel yet they destroy ingenuity

When would Nigerians have brains Oh Lord ?

When.
Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by DemonInSiege: 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2018
muthmayinnah:

Zombie what is North?
Is North a single region?

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2018
Groovenaija360:
Rear Adm. Victor Adedipe, the outgone Flag Officer Commanding (FOC) Eastern Naval Command of the Nigerian Navy, Calabar, says the command destroyed no fewer than 150 illegal refineries between June 2017 and January 2018.

Adedipe said that the illegal refineries destroyed within the Command’s area of operation included those within the maritime domain of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River states.

Adedipe said this during the handing over of the command to his successor, Rear Adm. Matthew Emuekpere in Calabar.

Adedipe said that since his resumption on June 29, 2017, the command had witnessed drastic reduction of crude oil theft, illegal bunkering and piracy.

According to him, the successes were achieved by the constant patrol by naval personnel at sea, adding that the command also repelled the hijack of several ships on the sea.

“During my time in the command, myself and my team were able to make our contributions principally in two key areas which are operations and welfare.

“Within the period, we were able to shut down 150 illegal refineries within the command’s area of operations. This was due to our aggressive anti-crude and illegal bunkering patrol.

“In the area of welfare, with very strong support from the Naval Headquarters, the command was able to add value to its entire barracks,’’ he said.

He also commended other security agencies, the host community and the governments of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River States for their support and solicits the same support for his successor.

“I also acknowledge the contributions of the Naval personnel and civilian staff that served in the command under my leadership and urge them to continue to give the same level of loyalty, commitment and support to the new FOC,’’ he said.

Emuekpere in his response after receiving the flag of command and leadership commended Adedipe for his dynamic leadership in the command.

He thanked all those that helped Adedipe to succeed and urged that the same level of support be given to him to enable the command achieve its set objectives.

“I have formally served in this command as a young officer. I wish to solicit the support of all personnel within the command to help us move the Nigerian Navy to greater heights,’’ he said.

>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/nigerian-navy-destroys-150-illegal-refineries/

The Zoo crude oil export - 2.2 million barrels per day.

The Zoo crude oil refining capacity per day - 0 barrels.

The Zoo crude oil products import per day - 40 million litres.

And yet the Zoo is shutting down local refineries.

RIPs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by madridsta007(m): 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2018
LionDeLeo:

A white man will do what you suggested and even do more— open them to the stock market, bring in investors, ensure they are made more technological and safety compliant, even encourage research students to develop papers and frameworks on these refineries, etc. It was from shanties like these that many of the white man’s inventions started.

A black man will destroy them and boast about it on TV, emotions puffing. And he would have people defending him. Some of them are on Nairaland. Some of these ones spent days on fuel queues in December.

That’s the major difference between the black man and the white man. The white man is largely driven by logic and pragmatism and the black man, largely, emotions. The ironic thing is that, they are both the same— white or black man. None has two heads. Why one chooses logic and the other, emotions, I don’t know.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by Cletus77(m): 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2018
How far has the legal ones carried us?
Government should rather develop them at least to save us the shame of being the only oil producing country that imports massive volumes of pms
Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by BeijinDossier: 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2018
Odi egwu
Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by humilitynike: 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2018
y r they destroying it, since fed govt can't build legal one...
Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by mesoprogress(m): 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
I'm very glad they are destroyed, in fact more grease to their elbows.

Reason : I live in Port Harcourt, and we've been suffering from black soot coming from these illegal refineries as well Eleme Petrochemical, asphalt plants and Notore. People don't understand impact Petroleum on host communities. No amount of compensation is worth the health implications - asthma, respiratory diseases, cancer.

We need clean. If you want to refine oil, get license and do so in an environmentally friendly manner.

We should start looking for cleaner energy sources

1 Like

Re: Navy Destroys 150 Illegal Refineries In Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross River by Curiouscity(m): 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
madridsta007:

A white man will do what you suggested and even do more— open them to the stock market, bring in investors, ensure they are made more technological and safety compliant, even encourage research students to develop papers and frameworks on these refineries, etc. It was from shanties like these that many of the white man’s inventions started.

A black man will destroy them and boast about it on TV, emotions puffing. And he would have people defending him. Some of them are on Nairaland.

That’s the major difference between the black man and the white man. The white man is largely driven by logic and pragmatism and the black man, largely, emotions.

Sadly true!

Same reasons why we have not had any standard distilleries for our palm wine, rather we ban and condemn local distillation. Yet we import Tequila which is produced in similar manner !

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Recover Day-old Baby Abandoned Inside Carton In Ilorin / Anambra Police Arrest Car Snatchers With Bunch Of Master Keys,recover Vehicle(pi / I Collected N15,000, Says Vigilante Who Trafficked Schoolgirl To Burkina Faso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.