Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,604 members, 7,801,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. (10076 Views)

People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes / The Erroneous Expectation Have Caused Many To Backslide / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by JesusSonOfGod: 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2018
Any one that preaches how very difficult /impossible it is to serve God is of the devil. Anyone that thinks being a born again is an impossible task because it is not possible to live without sin, is thinking wrong.

We are saved because of God's love, not because we deserve it. As a born again, we became righteous not by our personal effort but by His grace we received it as a gift.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

But we must live right to be preserved in Christ. We must follow the cammands of Christ and we have a helper who empowers us to obey His commands, which is in the person of the Holy Spirit.

2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Note : Despite all these, we still fail occasionally. We still fall into sin occasionally. When this happens, we must have to reconnect with the Holy Spirit by asking God for His forgiveness.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

At the time when we fail, there's a voice that comes to speak to us, telling us how God will not pardon us, how it is difficult to live to please God. We must not listen to this voice. God already knows our weaknesses, all we need to do is to desire to overcome these sins and pray to overcome, then He will surely, definitely help us overcome, as long as we really desire to live right.

Anyone that has the Holy Spirit in Him, should hate sin and love righteousness. We must live right, desire and strive to live righteously, only then will He lead us in paths of righteousness. This sometimes is a gradual step. Alot of people backslide and never come back because they listen and believe that voice. It tells them that they can never make it right with God.

" We must assure those who have wandered away that God's love will continue to cover their sins, for many yearn to come home but are afraid they will only fail again. We must assure them that God is never disappointed, nor is He surprised by human failure for it is inevitable...And in the meantime, despite false start and failures, God is at work conforming some small part of us to His likeness, making us His portrait, His production, His work of fine art." - David Roper.

Let me conclude with the poem below by John Donne.

Wilt Thou forgive that sin where begun,
Which was my sin, though it were done before?
Wilt Thou forgive that sin through which I run,
And do run still, though still I do deplore?
When Thou hast done, Thou hast not done,
For I have more.

Wilt Thou forgive that sin which I have won
Others to sin? and made my sin their door?
Wilt Thou forgive that sin which I did shun
A year or two, but wallowed in a score?
For I have more.

I have a sin of fear, that when I have spun
My last thread, I shall perish on the shore ;
But swear by Thyself, that at my death Thy Son
Shall shine as He shines now and heretofore;
And, having done that, Thou hast done —I fear no more.

Thanks and God bless you all.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Trustme2(m): 12:04am On Jan 21, 2018
Indeed. It is possible

1 Like

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Omuneizzy6(m): 12:19am On Jan 21, 2018
problems draws people to God.. No problem no God... And again when u start u will be very strong as if you can even pull down twenty mounting within on second but geting to a stage u will ask yourself why am i even serving this God...

4 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by paxonel(m): 1:02am On Jan 21, 2018
Op, are you saying that living a possible sinless life is the same thing as making it right with God?
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by tstx(m): 7:12am On Jan 21, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
problems draws people to God.. No problem no God... And again when u start u will be very strong as if you can even pull down twenty mounting within on second but geting to a stage u will ask yourself why am i even serving this God...
That is why Africa is the most religious continent in the universe.... W

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by hopefulLandlord: 8:00am On Jan 21, 2018
Omuneizzy6:

Humans believe in religion for a selfish reason, religion makes them feel important and significant. If they pretend to worship they think ...1. they are being noticed by this fantasy god... 2. that they can get rewards for worshiping... 3. they are superior to non believers.

You cannot rationalize this irrational selfish desire. Humans created this fantasy god... if there is a real "god" creator, this real objective "god" doesn't have to have anything to do with this human created subjective fantasy god. If you say this fantasy god is fake, they take it as a personal insult, because the point is their significance... and they may kill or imprison you.

6 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by lankieman: 9:03am On Jan 21, 2018
angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by KushyKush: 9:03am On Jan 21, 2018
I felt Christianity was a total waste of time when prayer couldn't save my dad from death. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by dingbang(m): 9:03am On Jan 21, 2018
Ok....
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by purem(m): 9:04am On Jan 21, 2018
Very soon people will realize that been religious is nothing but meaningless and wasting of time

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by TaiKuun(m): 9:06am On Jan 21, 2018
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by rawtouch: 9:08am On Jan 21, 2018
cool
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by wheelchairboy(m): 9:10am On Jan 21, 2018
Not everybody who backslides is a sinner! Some just stop going to church because when the pastor sleeps with church members, folks over there will tell you to leave him, God will judge him. Let the usher or choir member or just an ordinary member try it, they are going to hell! Hell starts from the church. Some of us just got tired. It is not sin, I was youth President for two years before I handed over. It was not as a result of sin.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Gkay1(m): 9:10am On Jan 21, 2018
it is well
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by policy12: 9:18am On Jan 21, 2018
wheelchairboy:
Not everybody who backslides is a sinner! Some just stop going to church because when the pastor sleeps with church members, folks over there will tell you to leave him, God will judge him. Let the usher or choir member or just an ordinary member try it, they are going to hell! Hell starts from the church. Some of us just got tired. It is not sin, I was youth President for two years before I handed over. It was not as a result of sin.

@bolded this also goes to the leaders of the country when dey loot, you see their supporters saying nothing is wrong but when a nobody do the same thing we see it as an abomination.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Bigii(m): 9:24am On Jan 21, 2018
May God help us all to always live a righteous life.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by olarwhumy6(f): 9:33am On Jan 21, 2018
Bigii:
May God help us all to always live a righteous life.

Amen

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by demsid(m): 9:38am On Jan 21, 2018
Whether they backslide or slide back. Is it your slide?

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 21, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:
Any one that preaches how very difficult /impossible it is to serve God is of the devil. Anyone that thinks being a born again is an impossible task because it is not possible to live without sin, is thinking wrong.

We are saved because of God's love, not because we deserve it. As a born again, we became righteous not by our personal effort but by His grace we received it as a gift.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

But we must live right to be preserved in Christ. We must follow the cammands of Christ and we have a helper who empowers us to obey His commands, which is in the person of the Holy Spirit.

2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Note : Despite all these, we still fail occasionally. We still fall into sin occasionally. When this happens, we must have to reconnect with the Holy Spirit by asking God for His forgiveness.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

At the time when we fail, there's a voice that comes to speak to us, telling us how God will not pardon us, how it is difficult to live to please God. We must not listen to this voice. God already knows our weaknesses, all we need to do is to desire to overcome these sins and pray to overcome, then He will surely, definitely help us overcome, as long as we really desire to live right.

Anyone that has the Holy Spirit in Him, should hate sin and love righteousness. We must live right, desire and strive to live righteously, only then will He lead us in paths of righteousness. This sometimes is a gradual step. Alot of people backslide and never come back because they listen and believe that voice. It tells them that they can never make it right with God.

" We must assure those who have wandered away that God's love will continue to cover their sins, for many yearn to come home but are afraid they will only fail again. We must assure them that God is never disappointed, nor is He surprised by human failure for it is inevitable...And in the meantime, despite false start and failures, God is at work conforming some small part of us to His likeness, making us His portrait, His production, His work of fine art." - David Roper.

Let me conclude with the poem below by John Donne.

Wilt Thou forgive that sin where begun,
Which was my sin, though it were done before?
Wilt Thou forgive that sin through which I run,
And do run still, though still I do deplore?
For I have more.

Wilt Thou forgive that sin which I have won
Others to sin? and made my sin their door?
Wilt Thou forgive that sin which I did shun
A year or two, but wallowed in a score?
For I have more.

I have a sin of fear, that when I have spun
My last thread, I shall perish on the shore ;
But swear by Thyself, that at my death Thy Son
Shall shine as He shines now and heretofore;
And, having done that, Thou hast done —I fear no more.

Thanks and God bless you all.

Backsliding occurs in Christianity because as time goes on, People notice that the religion is balderdash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by fedorahat: 9:57am On Jan 21, 2018
There is nothing new in the church this days, pastors have lost ideas.

When you don't go to church,you ask yourself what are you missing, the answer is nothing.

6 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:
I felt Christianity was a total waste of time when prayer couldn't save my dad from death. undecided
People die for various reasons. You cannot use the issue of life and death to judge God. Even the most holy people die. I encourage you to come back to God. Get properly born again and serve God then you will find blessing for your soul in the life here and thereafter

7 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by gsparks01(m): 11:20am On Jan 21, 2018
Thanks for the insight op

1 Like

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Olumaeme: 11:26am On Jan 21, 2018
When they finally discovered that shouting, praying in the name of God is exercise in futility as nobody answers any prayers.

How many people can tell me that 70% of prayers have been answered.? Why would someone now continue to waste his time on something that's not bringing out results.

And if you look critically at all the stories in the Bible, think and evaluate critically, u discover that they are not just adding up and full of fallacies...

When they get wiser, they ain't coming back to JESUS, because he doesn't exists in the first place!

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by geezyk(m): 11:29am On Jan 21, 2018
I've come to notice that it's the ones that are overly active in church that tends to "backslide" reason being that they now know the truth.

Be Enlightened..

6 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by no1madman(m): 11:43am On Jan 21, 2018
Christian Backside

1 Like

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by walls01: 11:47am On Jan 21, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Humans believe in religion for a selfish reason, religion makes them feel important and significant. If they pretend to worship they think ...1. they are being noticed by this fantasy god... 2. that they can get rewards for worshiping... 3. they are superior to non believers.

You cannot rationalize this irrational selfish desire. Humans created this fantasy god... if there is a real "god" creator, this real objective "god" doesn't have to have anything to do with this human created subjective fantasy god. If you say this fantasy god is fake, they take it as a personal insult, because the point is their significance... and they may kill or imprison you.

wisdom question why do some humans think like this and others dont? And what about animals

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by XaintJoel20: 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
purem:
Very soon people will realize that been religious is nothing but meaningless and wasting of time

Try to discover God for yourself. You would forever be grateful...

There is nothing as important as discovery God..

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by redsun(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
They become wise and sees no reason for organized religion hypnotism anymore. Only the truth shall set you free.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by XaintJoel20: 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:

That your dad died does not eliminate the existence of God. Christianity is not waste and will never be waste.

Read your Bible as much as possible.

Happy Sunday...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by Daviddson(m): 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

Mr man, what you're doing by taking this kind of moniker is tantamount to blasphemy. You're not Jesus the Son of God. I humbly advise you to take another moniker. Jesus is an ordinary name that anyone can bear, but when it's combined with "theSonofGod", you're saying something else.
That aside, the writeup is splendid. God bless you. Please deactivate this account and get another name. I guess you were the one also operating the ChristJesus moniker. It's wrong.
Re: Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. by hopefulLandlord: 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
walls01:

wisdom question why do some humans think like this and others dont? And what about animals

Because many think they need god or they won't carry on

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Richest Pastors In The World Updated (with Seven Nigerians) / Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? / Should I Force My Daughter To Go To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.