Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union (37906 Views)

Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos) / Xenophobia In South Africa: Nigerians Run During An Early Morning Attack / Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by DPsalmist2(m): 8:17pm On Jan 20, 2018
No such thing as African Brotherhood. Years ago Nigeria helped liberate SA from apartheid tyranny and this is how they chose to repay us? It is a shame.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 20, 2018
lefulefu:
ok so then they now transfer their aggression on foreigners while Zuma sits back and watches the drama. The xenophobic attacks are more or less transferred aggression. Our guys should come back home if they are feeling too much of the south African hatred.
Exactly, it takes away the pressure from him

I don't think that is very easy, some of this people have investments running into millions in sa.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Diso60090(m): 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2018
South Africa need war let's give them war front
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by hanassholesolo: 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ironi:

Nigerians are not any better.

They did the same thing to Ghanaians during the Ghana must go period.

They called it scatter.

A group of Nigerians will attack a Ghanaian neighbourhood, chase them out, burn and steal their belongings. You may be too young to know.

Looks like they met their match.

WHY IS EVERYONE AVOIDING THIS POST.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2018
greiboy:
Exactly, it takes away the pressure from him

I don't think that is very easy, some of this people have investments running into millions in sa.

hmmm! Investments running into millions in SA?.....aghhhhhhh!! shocked.this is like choosing b/w the devil and the deep blue sea. Zuma is a cunning fox . As long as the south Africans keep on attacking the foreigners he will be sitting pretty and absolved of any blame.but then this sort of strategy will backfire.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
lefulefu:
hmmm! Investments running into millions in SA?.....aghhhhhhh!! shocked.this is like choosing b/w the devil and the deep blue sea. Zuma is a cunning fox . As long as the south Africans keep on attacking the foreigners he will be sitting pretty and absolved of any blame.but then this sort of strategy will backfire.
Yes o

Millions of naira

I know of an igbo man who doesn't have a shed in his village, but he has a house in south Africa

Plus many Nigerian men already marry their women.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Diso60090(m): 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
kinibigdeal:
The honest truth is South African men are lazy but jealous of Nigerians intimidating them by taking all their girls. I have a South African lawyer on Facebook, she use to tell me how she prefers to employ a Nigerian than someone from her country. Another talked about how weak their men are on bed. Looking at all this, they will continue to attack Nigerians. Though some commit all sort of attrocities

Na Facebook lawyer you get wonder shall never end
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by mechanics(m): 8:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
So the statue Mr Okorocha did for Mr Jacob Zuma was in vain, I thought it will stop all forms of molestation against Nigerians over there.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by degamemaster(m): 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2018
Wha can I say when ou fellow Nigerians kills us at will and nothing happens to them. Tell me why an outsider will not kill us as well and nothing would happen also. God save us.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by kinibigdeal(m): 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2018
Jayceon:
lol does this made up hogwash help you sleep at night??

It will be more appreciative if you can defend yourself hogwash!
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by happy200(m): 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2018
Jayceon:
lol does this made up hogwash help you sleep at night??
U knw wat? i wnt to open a thread now and explain why xenophobia will never stop in SA. Not this things u are talking here
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by makydebbie(f): 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ironi:

They called it scatter.

A group of Nigerians will attack a Ghanaian neighbourhood, chase them out, burn and steal their belongings. You may be too young to know.

You're right bro.

That period my parents and siblings had to leave Nigeria and start afresh in Ghana. I was born in Ghana because of the whole Ghana must go thing.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Ogunleti01: 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2018
smulti:
Sleeping Giant that cannot Carter for her people but embezzling millions of public funds and stashing it overseas for their unborn generations

this is why Nigerians emigrated to countries they are far better off
I believed you read the post very well. We have citizens of other countries in south Africa going about their lawful business and likewise Nigerians in SouthAfrica. The way you have painted it is as if it is a very bad idea for the citizens of another country to stay off their shores. The report did not say they are illegal immigrants as a matter of fact they are successful businessmen
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by ud4u: 9:19pm On Jan 20, 2018
Too bad
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by akigbemaru: 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2018
maximunimpact:
The Nigerian Community in South Africa said on Saturday that a mob destroyed four shops and several houses belonging to their members at Krugersdorp, near Johannesburg.

A Nigerian owned shop burned at Krugersdorp
Mr Cyril James, the Ward Chairman of the Nigerian Union in the area, told newsmen on the telephone from Johannesburg, South Africa that the attacks began on Jan. 18.

James said that the mob alleged that a Nigerian abducted a South African girl and raped her.

“ The South Africans attacked our homes and shops, destroyed all we have. Many Nigerians suffered severe injuries during the attack. We have left our homes for safety because they (South Africans) are regrouping to attack us again,” he said.

James urged the Nigerian mission to urgently intervene before the mob kills a Nigerian.

According to him, the safety of Nigerians in Krugersdorp is no more guaranteed because there is no help.

Mr Adetola Olubajo, President of the union, said that the situation in the area was bad.

“ I can confirm that Nigerians in the area have been attacked. I am amazed and emotionally down as calls from panicked Nigerians flooded my phone from various Provinces.

Flat occupied by a Nigerian burned by the mob
“ The South African government needs to be engaged at the highest level to avoid further loss of lives and property of our citizens,” he said.

Olubajo said that two Nigerians had been killed in South Africa in Rustenburg and Durban since the attacks began.

“ Two Nigerians have been killed, many displaced and injured in fresh Xenophobic attacks and extra-judicial killing,” he said.

Two weeks ago, more than five Nigerian owned shops and houses were burnt at Rustenburg, North West Province by Taxi Drivers.

The drivers alleged that Nigerians sold drugs to a gang that attacked their members and that a Nigerian abducted and raped a 16-year old South African girl.

The union denied the allegations. “ After our investigation, no Nigerian has been arrested for the rape or drug offence. The allegations are false and spurious, “ the union said.

NAN

https://www.liftedelvis.com/2018/01/xenophobia-mob-destroys-4-nigerian-shops-houses-in-s-africa-union/

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2018
KekeNash:

you know you don't have infrastructure, BBN must be shot in Nairobi or Kigali, they are way better than lagos.

I mean its stupidity running it in a xenophobic country. And what if we dont have infrastructure?? We slug it out and depict the real Naija situation instead of pretending with fake accents and whatever in another man's land.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Litmus: 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2018
hanassholesolo:

WHY IS EVERYONE AVOIDING THIS POST:

Ironi post=64371011:

They called it scatter.

Find articles supporting claims that Nigerians attacked Ghanaian neighbourhoods in Nigeria and the post you draw reference to will become noteworthy. When Ghanians were kicked out of Nigeria, deaths occurred during the trip home to Ghana. The same and worst happened to Nigerians kicked out of Ghana prior. Anyone tells you Nigerians attacked Ghanaians physically and killed them is fibbing to you and likely trying to justify something they did to Nigerians or hatefully said about Nigerians. Nigerians have never attacked foreigners, from any nation, living in Nigeria or that lived in Nigeria simply because they were not Nigerians. It's a record for which Nigerians should be proud. And there are likely more foreigners living in Nigeria than South Africa.

Lol, even foreign Fulani's go to Nigeria to kill Nigerians and chase Nigerians out of Nigerian neighbourhoods....

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Mariangeles(f): 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
Bollinger:

At least they are better than tribalistic beasts.
No, they're not...at least "tribalistic beasts" don't kill each other
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Mariangeles(f): 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2018
Litmus:

Find articles supporting claims that Nigerians attacked Ghanaian neighbourhoods in Nigeria and the post you draw reference to will become noteworthy. When Ghanians were kicked out of Nigeria, deaths occurred during the trip home to Ghana. The same and worst happened to Nigerians kicked out of Ghana prior. Anyone tells you Nigerians attacked Ghanaians physically and killed them is fibbing to you and likely trying to justify something they did to Nigerians or hatefully said about Nigerians. Nigerians have never attacked foreigners, from any nation, living in Nigeria or that lived in Nigeria simply because they were not Nigerians. It's a record for which Nigerians should be proud. And there are likely more foreigners living in Nigeria than South Africa.
You could not have said it any better...
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Bollinger(m): 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
No, they're not...at least "tribalistic beasts" don't kill each other

Yes. They don't kill each other, but they deliberately keep themselves down and make sure they destroy their country. You see how advanced Nigeria is as a society? That is what tribalism does to a country. At least south africans band together to keep riff raffs away from their country.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by badmus306(m): 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2018
Makydebbie so you are a Ghanaian??
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Mariangeles(f): 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
Bollinger:

Yes. They don't kill each other, but they deliberately keep themselves down and make sure they destroy their country. You see how advanced Nigeria is as a society? That is what tribalism does to a country. At least south africans band together to keep riff raffs away from their country.
Naaaah...I'll just settle with the fact that they are just beasts who don't find it hard to kill and destroy.... better yet, they're devil's incarnate
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Nukilia: 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2018
kinibigdeal:
The honest truth is South African men are lazy but jealous of Nigerians intimidating them by taking all their girls. I have a South African lawyer on Facebook, she use to tell me how she prefers to employ a Nigerian than someone from her country. Another talked about how weak their men are on bed. Looking at all this, they will continue to attack Nigerians. Though some commit all sort of attrocities

The microscopic few that commit these atrocities are the main reason why there is chaos.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Bollinger(m): 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
Naaaah...I'll just settle with the fact that they are just beasts who don't find it hard to kill and destroy.... better yet, they're devil's incarnate

Lol. You must be living on mars. We are talking about Nigeria. A country where a cow holds more value than a human beings life. A country where a mob can band together to execute a suspect and the public applauds. Guy, i beg stop arguing. It is not going well for your point of view.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Mariangeles(f): 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2018
[s]
KekeNash:

And before you do than take a moment and imagine your country without SA Companies
KekeNash:

And before you do than take a moment and imagine your country without SA Companies
[/s]
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by infofta(m): 10:28pm On Jan 20, 2018
Many Nigerians are criminals over there. I know because I was there. They hid themselves in their communities and towns. The ones in the cities do internet fraud.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Litmus: 11:44pm On Jan 20, 2018
infofta:
Many Nigerians are criminals over there. I know because I was there. They hid themselves in their communities and towns. The ones in the cities do internet fraud.

So why were Ethiopians attacked last time?
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by okk4sure: 11:56pm On Jan 20, 2018
Their senses b like dt of cockroach.Y can't dey attact their white masters bt instead their lazy ass are busy killing hard-working blacks dt are developing their economy.Imagine d segregation within their so called land,where white av a church dt are nt accesible to the black folks.They nid to learn a bigger lesson frm Libya predicament wth the demise of Gardafi.....
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by makydebbie(f): 1:59am On Jan 21, 2018
badmus306:
Makydebbie so you are a Ghanaian??
Yea I'm.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by Nowenuse: 2:15am On Jan 21, 2018
Jonathan:
Woe betide what ever thing that will compel me to set foot in that miserable HIV infested country.

I detest those south Africans with passion.
One of the reasons why I hated that bigbrother9ja show and never watched it. WHY SHOULD BBN SHOW BE AIRED FROM SOUTH AFRICA WHAT RUBBISH!

Nigerians there should come home and make your country better. I'm tired of hearing this type of story regularly.

Seriously it's sad. However, DSTv is owned by white south africans who have no issue with xenophobia. Even among the black south africans, many of them are also against this xenophobia and claim that the bad ones are tarnishing their image.

I don't think it would be fair for us to judge the entire South africa for the negative attributes of some.

Afterall, not all white americans are racists!
Not all Latin americans are drug pushers!
Not all Nigerians are internet fraudsters, ritualists, drug smugglers and what have you.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by ANOWEDGREAT: 3:26am On Jan 21, 2018
maximunimpact:
The Nigerian Community in South Africa said on Saturday that a mob destroyed four shops and several houses belonging to their members at Krugersdorp, near Johannesburg.

A Nigerian owned shop burned at Krugersdorp
Mr Cyril James, the Ward Chairman of the Nigerian Union in the area, told newsmen on the telephone from Johannesburg, South Africa that the attacks began on Jan. 18.

James said that the mob alleged that a Nigerian abducted a South African girl and raped her.

“ The South Africans attacked our homes and shops, destroyed all we have. Many Nigerians suffered severe injuries during the attack. We have left our homes for safety because they (South Africans) are regrouping to attack us again,” he said.

James urged the Nigerian mission to urgently intervene before the mob kills a Nigerian.

According to him, the safety of Nigerians in Krugersdorp is no more guaranteed because there is no help.

Mr Adetola Olubajo, President of the union, said that the situation in the area was bad.

“ I can confirm that Nigerians in the area have been attacked. I am amazed and emotionally down as calls from panicked Nigerians flooded my phone from various Provinces.

Flat occupied by a Nigerian burned by the mob
“ The South African government needs to be engaged at the highest level to avoid further loss of lives and property of our citizens,” he said.

Olubajo said that two Nigerians had been killed in South Africa in Rustenburg and Durban since the attacks began.

“ Two Nigerians have been killed, many displaced and injured in fresh Xenophobic attacks and extra-judicial killing,” he said.

Two weeks ago, more than five Nigerian owned shops and houses were burnt at Rustenburg, North West Province by Taxi Drivers.

The drivers alleged that Nigerians sold drugs to a gang that attacked their members and that a Nigerian abducted and raped a 16-year old South African girl.

The union denied the allegations. “ After our investigation, no Nigerian has been arrested for the rape or drug offence. The allegations are false and spurious, “ the union said.

NAN

https://www.liftedelvis.com/2018/01/xenophobia-mob-destroys-4-nigerian-shops-houses-in-s-africa-union/

Okorostatue should mould more statues of President Zuma maybe that will pacify south africans to stop killing Nigerians.
Re: Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union by AvailableCofOLa(m): 5:25am On Jan 21, 2018
I think Nigerians in SA should consider leaving if they are not sure of their lives, properties and investments. They need to run for their dear lives instead of embarking on such a suicide mission just like the case of Libya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Scores Of Bandits Arrested In An Hotel In Masaka, Nasarawa (Video) / Police open fire on Shiite protesters in Abuja (Disturbing Photos) / Nigerian Man And His Girlfriend Arrested With Drugs In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.