Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? (18283 Views)

The Vatican Removed 14 Books From The Bible In 1684 With No Real Explanation / 66 Books Of The Bible In Audio Format - Youtube / Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by mekus15: 11:06am On Jan 21, 2018
Bury it
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by sinaj(f): 11:16am On Jan 21, 2018
Mpanyi:

Are you a catholic? This one of our catholic ways of disposing holy things. The church can properly dispose of it.
nah, Anglican.

1 Like

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Nonye1: 11:22am On Jan 21, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Burn it, even new ones; the Hole-ly BuyBull is a useless book anyways, promises so much yet delivers nothing
hmmmmm watch what you say ooo..
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by DeavonP(m): 11:46am On Jan 21, 2018
tstx:
You go fear question na....

Get a wrapper, an expensive one then bury the bible with it....

You should pray our Lord's prayer before you bury it. And if you're Catholic, pray the Rosary before you bury it. It's a sacramental object.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by oceandivee(m): 11:54am On Jan 21, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
On a Sunday morning undecided
grin Happy Sunday all the same
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Jacobx007: 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
Please do not BURN the HOLY BIBLE or throw it away in the WASTE BIN. Its very very wrong. You can either :
1) Take it to the church and hand it over, it will be taken care-of.
2) Bury it urself in a good place, not at the dump site.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by kennykane1(m): 12:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
DaddyGngeess:
Why throw it away, leave it in the house and pretend is not there, or better still keep in a place where it cant be seen easily, take your mind away from it, then u are free..

I guess he is under religious bondage now?? grin
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by oka4ugoo: 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
sinaj:
Take it to the church nd leave it there grin

Thank me later wink

That's exactly what I dooo!

Taking holy things back to a holy place.

1 Like

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by mechanics(m): 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
Just keep it at home.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Cynicgod: 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Burn it, even new ones; the Hole-ly BuyBull is a useless book anyways, promises so much yet delivers nothing
ode leleyi o

1 Like

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Cynicgod: 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
Well best thing is to archive it....if ur one who really uses ur bible u must have highlighted alot of parts in the Bible with meaningful messages....those messages are treasures....so you can keep the Bible as a referral when you av ur quiet time even if you have a new bible....Peace
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
You can take it yo church and leave it there. In my parents church..the ushers usually give out abandoned bibles to those who didn't come to service with one. Then they return it after service.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Sheguama: 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
Don't destroy it bro. Just leave it in your bookshelf, cupboard or wherever in the house. Just leave it alone
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by redsun(m): 1:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
Restore it, it could be a sort after antique in hundred years time and your great grandchildren may benefit immensely from selling.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by hopefulLandlord: 1:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
Nonye1:
hmmmmm watch what you say ooo..

Lol, I've been wiping the floor with Christianity for years now, why not visit the religion section and see more?
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by ibedun: 1:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
Throw the RUBBISH in the Shalanga!
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Barblow(m): 1:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
I feel what you are thinking, ones heart is what really matters. We have heard of stories of people burning and or throwing the BIBLE into the sea but they later suffer the consequence. God sees our heart and in your own situation He knows why you are throwing it into the refuse bin. Infact, it can be recycle by those that recycle paper.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by ibedun: 1:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Use as emergency tissue paper when you run out of stock.

It's full of shiit anyways grin

Wa gbayi!!!
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by ibedun: 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
Barblow:
I feel what you are thinking, ones heart is what really matters. We have heard of stories of people bur mindning and or throwing the BIBLE into the sea but they later suffer the consequence. God sees our heart and in your own situation He knows why you are throwing it into the refuse bin. Infact, it can be recycle by those that recycle paper.

Nonsense! superstitious ignorant African mind at work
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by IMASTEX: 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
[quote author=aboyaji post=64376256][/quote]
It means you may as well say that the hard copy of the bible is the real one over the soft copy. This is the same mentality that makes lots of church goer to always quote what the pastor said instead of what the Lord said "bible reference". You're only been religious instead of been a Christian. The bible is just a book like every other book. Put 50 Bibles under your pillow without the word in you, the devil will beat you with the bible. Just dumped the book anywhere someone else who may need it will lay hold. Simple!
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Raylight2(m): 2:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
Jesse01:
burn it d said bible was written by men dere is nothing special about it tongue
haven't u seen or heard cases where the Bible refused to burn? Wish I could share a video of a car that got burnt while the Bible in it remained intact.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Gruvychuky(f): 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2018
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=64381110]Burn it, even new ones; the Hole-ly BuyBull is a useless book anyways, promises so much yet delivers nothing[/
mortal with little or no understanding.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2018
I feel same way too but what makes looking at it a burden.
If your conscience won't allow you then keep them until u see someone who wont see them worn out and give them. They could be beggars and the homeless on the streets. That "worn out" could still be an instrument to someone's salvation.

The cloth we most times call old are to some people party cloths. So dont burn or throw out.

Give the less privileged.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by sonofmercy2000(m): 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
File it in your shelve.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Regiikem: 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
Uyi168:
weed wrapping
God have mercy on your useless soul
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Timothyoj(m): 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
manutdadex:
Throw it away.. Or burn it.. Its just a book.. D contents is d koko...

You called the Bible just a book....? Do you mean the likes of your English Text Book in school? Bro the bible is the true words of God. Pls OP seek the right answer from your pastor. I disagree with burning it cos the contents are fire already...!
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Timothyoj(m): 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
ibedun:

Wa gbayi!!!
God will forgive both of you
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by yommygift15: 2:44pm On Jan 21, 2018
May God lead us to the best path

1 Like

Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by Uyi168: 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
Regiikem:

God have mercy on your useless soul
...if u were expecting me to start trading insults with u,my dear,u are on a longggg thing
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by orisa37: 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
I shall leave in my Will that all worn out Bibles be buried with me and we resurrect together.
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by youngaliwa(m): 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
the best way to dispose bible is "go to church with it and intentionally forget it" chikinna...
Re: What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? by orisa37: 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
manutdadex:
Throw it away.. Or burn it.. Its just a book.. D contents is d koko...

Koboko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own / Lady With Blocked Fallopian Tube Shares Testimony, Now Has 3 Kids / Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2013 Theme: The Overflow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.