Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,294 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:50 AM

Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha (21633 Views)

South-East APC Protest At INEC Office Abuja Over Okorocha Certificate Of Return / Buhari, Oshiomole Meets South East Apc Leaders (photos) / Photos From South-East APC For Buhari Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by NaijaCover(m): 3:39am On Jan 21, 2018
@.COM

APC Stakeholders South East meeting called by the South East zonal Chairman, Chief Emma Eneukwu at the instance of the President Buhari 2019 presidential campaign Director-General, Hon. minister, Rotimi Amaechi rejected Governor Rochas Okorocha as the chairman of the 15-man Campaign council for the zone.

Reacting to Rotimi Amechi’s briefing to the South East stakeholders at the residence of Senator Chris Ngige at Abuja last Thursday, the leaders sited several verifiable reasons why Rochas Okorocha should not be the chairman of the South East campaign council.

Prominent among the litany of objections include Okorocha’s unpopularity among Ndigbo, the religious organizations and his inability to provide effective leadership to the APC in the South East.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/s-e-apc-leaders-reject-governor-okorocha-as-chairman-of-s-e-zone-presidential-campaign-council/

5 Likes

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by mrvitalis(m): 3:49am On Jan 21, 2018
Rochas is messed up yes I know
But after traveling to Owerri las xmas I have a change of heart about him tho

His ideas are crazy in the good way but lacks the ability to make them work

We just need a governor who would just spend 100bn in 2years and put finishing touches to all his achievements and Owerri would be the best city in south south -south east ( yes better than Enugu and port harcourt )

As for apc and their election I don't care

Soludo or duke got my vote locked down if they don't contest then Ribadu if he doesn't contest the Buhari

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by chynie: 3:52am On Jan 21, 2018
Ohk make him chairman stautes erection in South east

8 Likes

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 3:55am On Jan 21, 2018
Mr Vitalis, You Are Right

2 Likes

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by aolawale025: 4:14am On Jan 21, 2018
Some of the SE leaders may not want to share the lime lights with him

3 Likes

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by Hector09(m): 4:19am On Jan 21, 2018
E be like say i hear religion waiting happen to him religion

2 Likes

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by Lajet: 5:28am On Jan 21, 2018
So Rochas is now a Muslim

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by dokiOloye(m): 6:16am On Jan 21, 2018
The current mood in Igbo land now is that if you nominate Rochas to be a presidential candidate for any major political party today,Igbos will vote his opponents massively even if none is an Igboman.
We don't do mediocrity.
Not as if we hate him,but his (bad)works have spoken for him grin

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by supereagle(m): 7:15am On Jan 21, 2018
JONATHAN SPEAKS OUT...

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan-

- Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.

- Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.

- Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009,

- I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.

- I handed over dollar exchange rate of N187 per Dollar official rate in our banks, compared to their N360 now official rate for a Dollar

-“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.

- I also inherited a country where illiteracy rate particularly in the Northern part was alarming.

- I handed over a country where every state in the North and indeed all the states had a Federal University. I inherited a country where there was total infrastructural decay in all the unity schools and colleges of education.

- But I handed over a country with massive infrastructural improvement in almost higher institutions.

- I inherited a country where agricultural inputs and production were almost zero.

- But I handed over a country where a bag of rice was sold for N6,500 to N7000.

- My regime since the establishment of ecological fund office did more irrigation dams in the North and other parts of the country than other subsequent administrations put together.

- I inherited epileptic fuel supplies resulting to endless queues at the filling stations. I maintained despite enormous challenges of fuel subsidies and handed over a relatively stable fuel regime and also at a managed local price of N87 per litre.

- I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.

- In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.

- The former President further stated " I inherited a country where people were almost losing hope on the credibility of its electoral process but I noticed that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process. I handed over electoral process that engendered fairness in its conduct and conclusiveness ".

- He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.

- “The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.

- Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.

- That is where the leadership question comes into play.

- As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.

- How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?

- With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.

- Indeed, we sailed through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, 'INEC', having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it. We sailed through because I maintained and still believe that my personal ambition, interest is not worth the blood of any single Nigerian.

- My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body.

- Pls circulate it for them to know. The deceit is getting too much

88 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by clarocuzioo(m): 7:59am On Jan 21, 2018
Sincerely Sir you did great, the only issue I have with ur administration is the massive looting, outside that, you are of a different class in leadership compared to what we have now, some of us did not really appreciate what you did until now.

5 Likes

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
He is a clown

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by soberdrunk(m): 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
In that picture governor Rochas expression be like "Chai!!!! I be wan knack this Amaechi statue ooo"!!! angry

9 Likes

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by Sunnycliff(m): 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
Okoroawusa have sold his birthright for a pottage and he is good as useless among imolites

11 Likes

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by Snow02: 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
no statue for them

1 Like

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by naijapips04: 4:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
This dude is a falf. The only APCE governor SE has yet can't lead the party in SE.

Upon all his arselicking, ,fulani buhari is ignoring him like a pest.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by 3html: 4:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
mrvitalis:

We just need a governor who would just spend 100bn in 2years and put finishing touches to all his achievements and Owerri would be the best city in south south -south east ( yes better than Enugu and port harcourt )

Soludo or duke got my vote locked down if they don't contest then Ribadu if he doesn't contest the Buhari

Most of his work are substandard...
Lke the flyover he built, no single car has passed over it yet the flyover is dividing hence they are now putting more pillars.

The roads are not solid, honestly if rain comes it will wash off the roads.

Beauty with out solidity is nonsense

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by pol23: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
I copied this on nairaland by (Killsmith)have been reposting it since...
We need to do something to stop the Cattle colony in our state..please let's all repost.

Buhari did not request for new oil refineries for states, 
Buhari did not request for international airport for states, 
Buhari did not request for power plant for states, 
Buhari did not request for World Bank assisted projects for states.
Buhari is not requesting for an improves education, health care, good roads, and security in your States. 

What Buhari and the northern leaders are requesting for your states is "Cattle Colonies. There we go Nigeria

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by ghostmist: 5:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
mrvitalis:

so owerri is the only part of the city worth focusing on? what happened to the other local government areas?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by martowskin1(m): 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2018
supereagle:
JONATHAN SPEAKS OUT...

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan-

- Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.

- Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.

- Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009,

- I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.

- I handed over dollar exchange rate of N187 per Dollar official rate in our banks, compared to their N360 now official rate for a Dollar

-“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.

- I also inherited a country where illiteracy rate particularly in the Northern part was alarming.

- I handed over a country where every state in the North and indeed all the states had a Federal University. I inherited a country where there was total infrastructural decay in all the unity schools and colleges of education.

- But I handed over a country with massive infrastructural improvement in almost higher institutions.

- I inherited a country where agricultural inputs and production were almost zero.

- But I handed over a country where a bag of rice was sold for N6,500 to N7000.

- My regime since the establishment of ecological fund office did more irrigation dams in the North and other parts of the country than other subsequent administrations put together.

- I inherited epileptic fuel supplies resulting to endless queues at the filling stations. I maintained despite enormous challenges of fuel subsidies and handed over a relatively stable fuel regime and also at a managed local price of N87 per litre.

- I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.

- In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.

- The former President further stated " I inherited a country where people were almost losing hope on the credibility of its electoral process but I noticed that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process. I handed over electoral process that engendered fairness in its conduct and conclusiveness ".

- He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.

- “The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.

- Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.

- That is where the leadership question comes into play.

- As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.

- How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?

- With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.

- Indeed, we sailed through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, 'INEC', having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it. We sailed through because I maintained and still believe that my personal ambition, interest is not worth the blood of any single Nigerian.

- My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body.

- Pls circulate it for them to know. The deceit is getting too much

GJ did well, the only problem he had was the looters around him, the same looters who are now parading them selves as APC saints.

his regime was fair enough to the common man

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
Who cares? Its not as though Buhari needs the votes from that region to get reelected, at best he needs the 25% constitutional requirement from 2/3rd of the states. Okorocha has a penchant for inciting hostility towards his person from his kinsmen

1 Like

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by olatbs(m): 5:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
I dont know about okorocha's personality but what i know is that he has delivered for more than the past governor.. APC has delivered even more than the 16yrs of PDP so i will still give my vote to APC.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by NothingDoMe: 5:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
He needs to mold a statue for each governor

1 Like

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by dratine(m): 5:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
Who did they accept. Just asking
Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by NothingDoMe: 5:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
GoroTango:
Who cares?
Hungerb, how far? All monikers on deck oh. Next year is the year grin
Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by Alexgeneration(m): 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
The roach in Imo state has been rejected once again because of his unpopular policies and programs

1 Like

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by obaataaokpaewu: 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
mrvitalis:

So what becomes of the other cities in the state? Especially Orlu and Okigwe?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
If Rochas emerges today as APC sole presidential candidate, he will lose south east.

1 Like

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by igben(m): 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
For all your welding and fabrication needs, contact us...

Re: Why South East APC Leaders Rejected Governor Okorocha by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Hungerb, how far? All monikers on deck oh. Next year is the year grin
If you think I'm Hungerbad then you must be smoking some very strong stuff

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa / We Transfered Budget For Yacht To Student Loans - Reps / Tinubu Clears ₦12 Bn Outstanding Payment For Super Eagles, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.