Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:04 PM

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? (24131 Views)

50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt / N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by vislabraye(m): 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
Georgematics:
Good day all, Pls this issue had been given me sleepless nights so I decide to bring it here to hear your opinions and idvice.

I had been looking for admission for the past 4 years and luckily I finally got admitted into a federal university here were am reciding. The problem is; I had been the one taking care of my self and also assist my family with the salary I was earning from the company were I work. Due to economic reasons I wasn't able to save money after paying bills for myself and some of my family (I'm single, lives alone but my Mum & siblings live not to far from my residence). The only money I'll be falling back on if I quit my Job is the gratuitee and Pention.

So, I'm seeking your mature advice, Should I quit Work & Focus on Schooling? Pls help a brother. Thanks in advance

Yes, do if you have a sponsor. If not, work and school
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by delugajackson: 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
Who school epp?
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by AnthonyAk(m): 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
Georgematics:
Good day all, Pls this issue had been given me sleepless nights so I decide to bring it here to hear your opinions and idvice.

I had been looking for admission for the past 4 years and luckily I finally got admitted into a federal university here were am reciding. The problem is; I had been the one taking care of my self and also assist my family with the salary I was earning from the company were I work. Due to economic reasons I wasn't able to save money after paying bills for myself and some of my family (I'm single, lives alone but my Mum & siblings live not to far from my residence). The only money I'll be falling back on if I quit my Job is the gratuitee and Pention.

So, I'm seeking your mature advice, Should I quit Work & Focus on Schooling? Pls help a brother. Thanks in advance

Goto school bro so u can take better care of ur famz. Can't eat with 55k
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Dizu(m): 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
Go to open university
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by fablani(m): 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
quitting your job because of university in this useless country that has no respect or plan for it's numerous unemployed graduates is the worst mistake you will leave to regret for the rest of your life.

a lot of graduates are out there confused and frustrated and disappointed.
better stick to your job bro and take care of your people.
education is useless in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by tballeyy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
Why can't u apply for PT, because at d end of the day; if u don't pay ur school, u go back to square one. No job and school again

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by oshe11: 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2018
Zykod:
\

Are you mad? You this money worshipper, the university education is his future, yoiu're asking him to eat his future becuase he enjoys some temporary pleasure abi, if i slap yu, you go receive sense
hahahahaha

Funny You.....

To be candid, Education isnt a guarantee to his success

Are You by any chance saying he wudnt be successful if he never attend the University

Bro, save alot b4 thinking of uni cos if u quit cos of uni, YOU MIGHT EVEN QUIT THE UNIVERSITY COS OF LACK OF FUND

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by francs23: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
Well why cant you do both, apply for part time studies and keep the job
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by onyidon22(m): 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by flaa: 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
Georgematics:

Part time or national Open University is the answer to your question! Please and please again... Do not stop working!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by xandy84: 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
Education cost money. I quit my job to go back to school for just fall semester and i almost lose my mind. All my bills was late and i could not concentrate in school. My advice is to keep your job while you look for part-time cos if you are hungry due to lack of cash, then your grades will tumble and you will be back to where you start from..
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by kalu61(m): 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
Part time will suck your money plus the divided attention.l might end up graduating with stupid result.If you have little back up, go for your education.Enquire if the company can assist as you will come back after your graduation.I might get help

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by iomoge2(f): 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
Georgematics:

This was a mistake i made and wasted yearasupon years away.
I didnt quit my job with d telecoms industry to go back to school.
Then the banking job came n i was lost in it.
Although i had HND but needed bsc due to my line of study.
I regret not going back to study.
And my course cant b studied as a distant or part time ish....
Now i work with d government and was just discussing with my hubby how i need to go back to school cry
After 10years of bagging HND.

Bros, am sure u don't even have OND.
Please go back to school.
While at it look for a trade to do.

Just go back to school pls.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
oshe11:
hahahahaha

Funny You.....

To be candid, Education isnt a guarantee to his success

Are You by any chance saying he wudnt be successful if he never attend the University

Bro, save alot b4 thinking of uni cos if u quit cos of uni, YOU MIGHT EVEN QUIT THE UNIVERSITY COS OF LACK OF FUND

There are plenty benefits for getting education, he can also lose the job tomorrow. The knowledge, experience, refinement education gives him are some of the benefits he gets to keep for life... Please, never talk down education never. I have some university graduates working for me, even in school they earn between 25-30k monthly, there are many businesses he can do in school, what if he graduates and gets job offer with 500k per month in future? Dont throw away your future away because you have temporary comfort is what i expect from you..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by shearer1982(m): 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
Don't even try it....If there is a way you can combine both you are good to go.!
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Gamesmart: 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
Georgematics:

What gratuity and pension are you expecting to get when you resign?
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by BuhariIstSon: 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
Georgematics:

You can handle the two together, you have some money on your hand so you can use it to start something while in school. You wouldn't quit working, you will have another job, in other words you will become an entreprenuer and still get a certificate

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Vado(m): 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
Stick to your job whilst you explore that Open uni somebody mentioned.
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Teeboi56: 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
To me why cant u work and get more money b4 Going to school
And again ave u forgot dat Nigeria didn't ave job to offer u wen finished
Think we'll ooo bro
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Yemi2346: 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
Pls quit the job. It could come with pains but you would glad u did. Your degree is a fulfilment. Go for it and your helper will locate u there. Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
Georgematics:

If u desper8ly need a degree, get a laptop if you don't already 'av 1 & enrol in NOUN. U r obviously a breadwiner, stick 2 d job. Skooling without funds is real tough
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Gentle0605(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
You Can Quit D Job And Open A Viewing Centre Around D School Or Start Selling Of Stationaries Around D Skul.But Viewing Centre Is More Prefferable.U Wil B Seeing Ur Moni Coming Everyday Bro.God Will Help U.Being A Bread Winner 4 D Family Is Nt Easy.If U R D Pson Paying 4 Ur Mum's Rent,since U R Starting Skul,i Believe It Wil B Beta U Tel Ha To Pack In And Leave With U So Dat U Can Minimize Expenses.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Hafeezcodex1(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
You Can Quit If U Have Funds To Finance Ur Self Or If U Another Skill To Race A Fund While U Are In Sch. To Sustain Ur Academy Career, Dis Take A Very Wise Taught. Pls Dont Jump To Conculsion. May Allah Help Us All In All Our Endavour... Ameen

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Engrr(m): 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
Bros try National Open University. If u are Smart enough, u can combine it with your work and d Pay s not much!. U need education for a brighter future
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by donkaz2(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
It depends slid the essence of going to school is to get a certificate and get a good job then I will advise u to work and save ur ass maybe save 40k q month on minimum that will give u like 480k a year after 2years the school is still there for u cos don't expect to come back from school and get such offer that easy but if u are cool with what u have now and u have sponsor for your education . just quit and get ur self a better certificate.
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by MYBUSINESSARENA: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
Georgematics:

Go for part time.
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Haritha100: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
Georgematics:

Thanks you sir for your input, but the school I applied don't have offer part time for 100 level and age is not on my side.
my friend apply to other schools Dan to leave ur job 4 university n graduate to come back to receive d same 55 or even less in another organization.
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Damfostopper(m): 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
Georgematics:

why did you apply when you know there is no part time..... I hate reading shiit..... or do you want to tell me you have not heard of NOUN
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Chukazu: 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
Georgematics:

Thanks you sir for your input, but the school I applied don't have offer part time for 100 level and age is not on my side.

Is that the only school available?

Why not set up a business that doesn't require your presence to function...so you can be getting some money from their to support your full time education?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by blaqroy: 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
Very critical and we country is not encouraging at all
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
The school will never guarantee you a job if that is what you have in mind.Young man starts a part-time programme by next year.Kindly forfeit this admission .if you are smart to gain admission to a federal university that is competitive, you have no problem getting admission in NOUN.
Base on your situation you have no financial back ,you can't cope that way in the university.The business you are hoping to delve into, how sure are you that you will make it.I speak not because i understimate your business ability but because you have limited time to learn the trade/business and you venturing into any business without proper schooling sounds like a foolish risk to me.

Remember most Nigerian employers give age limit when employing graduate.if you cant graduate before 23 years its late for me.Plus time you wait for service and the actual time you serve(2 years).so think and tread wisely.For you to have waited 4 years that means you will not be less than 20 years.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by zinaunreal(m): 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
Even those that went to school no see 55k pay. Who education epp right now. Omo keep your job till this damn country improves. You can get educated anytime

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Did You Save Before Quitting Your Salary Job For Your Own Business? / Man With One Hand Working As A Laborer (Photos) / What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.