Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish (32816 Views)

Buy Stockfish And Crayfish In Large Quantities Anywhere In Abuja / This Inflation Is Getting Out Of Hand. See The StockFish I Got for 1,200 / Where To Get Okporoko Stockfish Cheap In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 10:26pm On Jan 26, 2018
Lemme see anoda oyinbo that’ll screw up his/her face at the smell of stock fish cooking! I’ll force feed it to them! Lol grin

Did you guys know that Americans, after they catch better catfish , they cut out the skin and throw it away? They hate the smell of fish.
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by Niseamaka(m): 10:34pm On Jan 26, 2018
Pls do anyone know if stockfish can be legally imported?.
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by Customer80: 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2018
You can't talk about okporoko without talking about Abiriba, Ohafia and Arochukwu, in fact Ogboo people of Abia state started the importation in Nigeria , they are the people who still import it in the whole west Africa. Ogboo I hail o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by Chiadikaobi(m): 10:47pm On Jan 26, 2018
qualityGod:
The aroma is salivating in ogbono soup tongue
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 26, 2018
Chiadikaobi:
grin grin grin grin
as in okporoko lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by PenisCaP: 10:51pm On Jan 26, 2018
sexybbstar:

sad

Yinmu!!
I go beat u o?.
Why dat face.. undecided
U shuld be happy sef
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by Ibime(m): 11:40pm On Jan 26, 2018
Solmax:
OMG
I just followed the link and read the whole article.
It is surprising and sad that most of the stock fish we eat today is still being Imported!!!
Something we can produce locally

Does Cod swim in our waters?

Stockfish is freeze dried in cold Norwegian climate. They leave the cod out in the Arctic cold where it turns to stockfish after some months.

So how do you expect to produce it locally in Equitorial weather?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by olujastro: 11:48pm On Jan 26, 2018
The irony of life is that I have never seen dry stock fish in Norway but when I went home for this past Christmas all my friends and neighbors were demanding stock fish from me like say I be fisherman.
I was recently told that the fresh fish we used to roast on Friday evenings last summer was stock fish.
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by Niseamaka(m): 12:12am On Jan 27, 2018
olujastro:
The irony of life is that I have never seen dry stock fish in Norway but when I went home for this past Christmas all my friends and neighbors were demanding stock fish from me like say I be fisherman.
I was recently told that the fresh fish we used to roast on Friday evenings last summer was stock fish.

Hi bud, do u know if it’s legal to import stockfish into Nigeria?, have u come across anyone doing it?.
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by hardon1(m): 12:23am On Jan 27, 2018
Solmax:
OMG
It is surprising and sad that most of the stock fish we eat today is still being Imported!!!
Something we can produce locally

We would have less comparative advantage producing the fish locally cos it’s not originally in our water. the only option is stock fish farming(pond),and this will be way-way expensive to rear cos the water and temperature needs to be regulated to simulate temperate regions of the world where the fish originally dwells

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by olujastro: 12:25am On Jan 27, 2018
Niseamaka:

Hi bud, do u know if it’s legal to import stockfish into Nigeria?, have u come across anyone doing it?.
Of course it is legal. Importation of items like stock fish is done on a private basis by private individuals in Nigeria who import from fish farmers in the north of Norway.
Government only cares about earning custom duty on your imported goods.
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by Niseamaka(m): 12:50am On Jan 27, 2018
olujastro:

Of course it is legal. Importation of items like stock fish is done on a private basis by private individuals in Nigeria who import from fish farmers in the north of Norway.
Government only cares about earning custom duty on your imported goods.

Thanks bud.
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by Litmus: 1:06am On Jan 27, 2018
Wait for it. Shortly,you'll read that it's not Nigeria pioneered stock fish eating in Africa but all of West Africa that did so and then it will be Ghana pioneered it and Nigeria copied them.
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by sirlisir: 6:16am On Jan 27, 2018
I live in Norway and export stockfish to Nigeria. Contact if you are interested.
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by armyofone(m): 7:32am On Jan 27, 2018
I once saw a documentary on national geo - the process of stock fishing is done far away from the city (very far town) due to the smell.

I love stock fish stew. Always wash your hands after handling stock fish. The smell sticks on you.
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by IRIEBOY(m): 8:18am On Jan 27, 2018
timilehin007:
How does it taste..

Praise God I bought my first ever ride yesterday
congrats.. make me self tap from your blessings.. anything for me? am so damn broke
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by Tojued: 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2018
Solmax:
OMG
Dried fish we can produce locally

No darling. It cannot be produced locally. The right specie of fish is dried outside in cold weather. Even in Norway only a few cities up north produce stockfish.

In Sweden they dry mechanically, but it doesn't taste as nice and it's spoils faster.
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by Tojued: 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
Niseamaka:
Pls do anyone know if stockfish can be legally imported?.

Google up Seafood Norway and contact their lagos office.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:42pm On Jan 27, 2018
dasphinx1:
Give me Ofe nsala with okporoko and watch me pray for you and your future generations to come while i shaku shaku on top the meal kiss.... Yup, i be Yoruba boy but i dont stick to my tribe's delicacies alone, thanks to my mother who taught us how to appreciate other tribe's meals cool

Is your mum yoruba too?
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by timilehin007(m): 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
IRIEBOY:
congrats.. make me self tap from your blessings.. anything for me? am so damn broke
I know u are whining but continue lol
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by IRIEBOY(m): 9:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
timilehin007:

I know u are whining but continue lol
lolz..no be whining oo.. its a real situation..
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by dasphinx1(m): 11:41pm On Jan 27, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Is your mum yoruba too?

She is cool
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by timilehin007(m): 12:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
IRIEBOY:
lolz..no be whining oo.. its a real situation..

Is a serious sumtin
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by IRIEBOY(m): 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2018
timilehin007:

Is a serious sumtin
yes boss
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by dokimo: 5:03am On Mar 01, 2018
cashlurd:
The good thing about the Igbos is that they always see opportunities to make money in every thing that happens. They hardly say NO to business opportunities or proposals. And their believe almost always works for them.
cashlord... I need your contact, you might whatsapp me with this +2348145434698 or flash me pls... it's urgent bro
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by cashlurd(m): 9:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
dokimo:
cashlord... I need your contact, you might whatsapp me with this +2348145434698 or flash me pls... it's urgent bro

Why should I whatsapp someone I don't know? Any thing you want to tell me.. Mention it here.
Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by ZURUMOKE(f): 7:45am On Aug 23, 2020
Get your stockfish from us at a cheap rate. Join my stockfish watsapp group via this link: https :///2Qa9qJT . Call us today on 07054517469.

Copy and paste the link to join https://small letter b and i and t. and ly/2Qa9aNT
Please no spacing.

1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish by ZURUMOKE(f): 7:49am On Aug 23, 2020
Copy and paste the link https://add small letter b and i and t.and ly before /2Qa9qJT

quote author=ZURUMOKE post=93124732]Get your stockfish from us at a cheap rate. Join my stockfish watsapp group via this link: https :///2Qa9qJT . Call us today on 07054517469.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard / The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) / Packaged Garri Is Now Available In The Market[photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.