Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists (10979 Views)

List Of Cars You Should Buy And Enjoy In Nigeria By Twitter User / List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / 7 Types Of Cars You May Have A Hard Time Shipping To Nigeria From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Automotive1(m): 1:52am On Jan 22, 2018
[img]https:///a/img923/2719/EJhJ0L.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img924/6706/v1PFqC.jpg[/img]

While the initial cost of buying an electric cars is still very high, they're cheaper to service and will also require minimal scheduled maintenance to their electrical systems, which can include the battery, electrical motor, and associated electronics. Brake systems on electric cars typically last longer than on conventional vehicles because of their regenerative braking.

In general, all-electric vehicles require less maintenance than conventional vehicles because there are usually fewer fluids (like oil and transmission fluid) to change and far fewer moving parts. 

Amongst the obvious service and maintenance items such as the air filter, engine oil and filter, muffler, spark plugs and fluids,you will never have to worry about the following lists below that requires inspection, maintenance or replacement over a 10-year or 150,000 mile that is common in the life of regular car.

An electric car won't need an alternator - battery (the type used in regular cars) - clutch - Fuel filter - Fuel Injectors and pump - Motor mounts - Oxygen sensors - Power steering fluid (it uses electrical assistance) - Radiator - Serpentine belt - Spark plug wires - Starter motor - Thermostat - Timing belt - Anything to do with Regular transmissions (adjustment, fluids, filters) and a Water pump. All these, in addition to the components mentioned further up.

Tires and wipers will still need attention, and braking components will undergo inspection too.Your mechanic or technician will probably give all the electrical drive components a once-over, including the charging port, reduction gear oil, and several years down the line, coolant will need replacing.

All in all, there really isn't a lot to service on a typical Electric car.

See how empty the bonnet of an all-electric Tesla model is(2ndPics)...

What do you think?

Source https://autojosh.com/parts-regular-cars-wont-find-electric-cars-maintenance-repair-lists/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Aldebaran(m): 6:28am On Jan 22, 2018
Nice...

Apart from the charging station problem(& NEPA) , it would be ideal for us in Nigeria.

I hope we embrace it when it finally comes to Naija

It's almost stress free grin

6 Likes

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by HUSTLEOFMAN: 7:57am On Jan 22, 2018
A Tesla model S is in Lagos currently i don't know how the owner is charging it, but if they can use gen grin grin I'll love to have one

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by jamexborn(m): 11:33am On Jan 22, 2018
cool
Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 22, 2018
HUSTLEOFMAN:
A Tesla model S is in Lagos currently i don't know how the owner is charging it, but if they can use gen grin grin I'll love to have one
Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:39am On Jan 22, 2018
Hmm... God bless me oo.
Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by mysteryman2014: 11:39am On Jan 22, 2018
If the bonnet is empty, then why still maintain the design and waste of space?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 22, 2018
f
Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Geenickel(m): 11:40am On Jan 22, 2018
innovation....................
Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by tete7000(m): 11:46am On Jan 22, 2018
[quote author=HsLpBroker post=64414286][/quote]

Love your personal text.
Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 22, 2018
Its as if we lived a terrible fomer life and sent to Nigeria to pay for our crimes.. grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by omoiyalayi(m): 11:50am On Jan 22, 2018
Th world is moving very fast

Nigeria will never move with them now until after they must have left for many years that we will start chasing after them

Am loving this

That means the oil that our leaders wants to kill themselves for will soon become useless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by vertueptime: 11:52am On Jan 22, 2018
Aldebaran:
Nice...

Apart from the charging station problem(& NEPA) , it would be ideal for us in Nigeria.

I hope we embrace it when it finally comes to Naija

It's almost stress free grin

Baba i go buy am come put my i pass my Neigbour generator for boot, any time i go fit charge am

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Benjom(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2018
Tekinology cheesy

1 Like

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by plainol(m): 11:56am On Jan 22, 2018
Maybe the fear of no free oil money will make our dundee leaders more responsible.

Unfortunate leaders.

1 Like

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by zan1999: 11:57am On Jan 22, 2018
mysteryman2014:
If you are a science student, you will know what impulse means. The space is needed to dilate time and reduce impact force when there is an accident else the car will not be different from a motorcycle where the rider has to receive impact force in the shortest time possible.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Kobicove(m): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2018
mysteryman2014:

Aerodynamics...

Apart from that the additional space is needed to act as a crumple zone in the event of an impact

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by jiggah100(m): 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2018
zan1999:

If you are a science student, you will know what impulse means. The space is needed to dilate time and reduce impact force when there is an accident else the car will not be different from a motorcycle where the rider has to receive impact force in the shortest time possible.
thanks for that answer, because if an hiace bus and an suv have the same impact of colliton in an accident, we all know who is more likely to survive..

5 Likes

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Niiade(m): 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2018
mysteryman2014:

AERODYANMICS

1 Like

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by lilkech(m): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
mysteryman2014:

maybe it’s like Volkswagen Beetle

What’s supposed to be in the bonnet is to be found in the boot grin
Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by EbolaParasite: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
vertueptime:

Baba i go buy am come put my i pass my Neigbour generator for boot, any time i go fit charge am

Clap for yourself. The electric vehicle is trying to reduce reliance on fossil fuels and hence reduce emissions. Wetin be your own solution? Carry generator that uses PMS - the same product, the electric car wan defeat, put am inside your boot. You do well ooo grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by vertueptime: 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
EbolaParasite:

Clap for yourself. The electric vehicle is trying to reduce reliance on fossil fuels and hence reduce emissions. Wetin be your own solution? Carry generator that uses PMS - the same product, the electric car wan defeat, put am inside your boot. You do well ooo grin grin

My brother in nigeria one must associate with generator any which way if not life will not progress, assuming u buy d car and nepa mo bring light for house no b d same gen u go use charge am? Na him i say make i kukuma put am inside boot

2 Likes

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2018
HUSTLEOFMAN:

What do you mean how the owner is charging it. You can RORO any component and Assemble them here. Anyone who can afford an electric car, can afford a generator, not so ?

Na wa for unah oh

1 Like

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2018
mysteryman2014:

It's called Aerodynamics.
Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by jerikoyan(m): 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
[img][/img]
Saw that on IG yesterday.

Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by oloripelebe2: 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
Hope say power bank fit charge am sha grin
Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by pol23: 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
God please bless me oo...
I'm here wondering if Rolls Royce comes in electric version
Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
mysteryman2014:

1. It can be used for extra storage.
2. It's a sedan and that shape is ideal to reduce risk of injury in case of forward collision.
Re: Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
HUSTLEOFMAN:

Not a big deal. Anyone bouyant enough to import a Tesla model s into Nigeria would have 2-3 more cars in his compound. And u think power source would be a problem to such person? The car will charge fully in around 8 hours (normal charging) so it's just a matter of plugging it to charge overnight. It's only the supercharging stations that charges in less time.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 / 2008 Toyota Corolla Car AC Problem / Any Good Car Within 500k And 600k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.