Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies (5887 Views)

Mass Sack In Alpha Beta Consulting Limited Allegedly Owned By Tinubu / Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by henryphyol(m): 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2007
My good people of nairaland, i saw an advert of this company here and applied in good faith having met the 2years experience as a marketing executive,  to my suprise i was invited for an interview which was very brief and i 'passed' that stage and was asked to read their flyer and come over to meet the GM,  That very day with my drycleaned suit i busted my work on a monday morning 9am, i was delayed till 12pm and when i finally met the 'mighty' GM they were offering me a PALTRY N15k, as a graduate, and as one with 2 years experience!!! The GM started toasting me that am young, and will allow me head the Customer Relationship Office and still go out to market,  God forbid am not looking for title,  let me do the work and pay me according to my contribution,
People lets be on the lookout shine your eyes,  shocked
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by stellose(f): 10:14pm On Mar 02, 2007
hahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by ubiaru(f): 11:48am On Mar 03, 2007
Henry dont mind them,that was how ecobank conducted an intaview for me just call me to start work as a DSA meaning marketer for 15k and i refused to resume cos people will not understand it when u say u r working .for a graduate?
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Seun(m): 11:54am On Mar 03, 2007
If they are paying more less than your current job, then I understand your frustration.

But for those who have no other job, it's not wise to spit on someone who is offering a 15k job. It's a matter of taking it or leaving it. If it was better than your other options, of course, you would take it and manage it.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by oniororo: 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2007
Hi All,

My good people of Nairaland, it is not the fault of those employers they are just taking the advantage of the situation in the country. Well, for those who have no job yet they can manage it and to think of it does it worth  it for a bank to offer a graduate 15k as a marketer? what are they taking this people to be or b/c job seekers have no alternative? well, they are not to be blame we should blame our government who are not doing what is expected of them. May God help us.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by 1forall: 8:30am On Mar 04, 2007
Seun:

If they are paying more than your current job, then I understand your frustration.
Seun that was an error right?
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by henryphyol(m): 4:01pm On Mar 04, 2007
@ seun
Dont get people confused with what you are saying,
The issue here is that how can a 'blue chip' company offer marketing executives 15k per month? Even for someone unemployed it's an insult!!! I am not boasting but i can pay someone 15k from my salary and business now. Every body wants a better offer if the offer is right and the condition of service is encouraging one may consider. When i picked up my current employment in 2005 i was earning 25k and things has improved.
They believe whatever they offer we are 'hungry' we will take it,
Am sorry for them, infact a time is coming when we will spit in their faces and tell them to keep their jobs,  15k! 180k/year! what an insult.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Sunlord(m): 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2007
Well, there is no gainsaying the fact that the 15k offer is a slap on us as graduates, these coys don't even consider the number of years put into studying for a degree.I'll suggest  they offer such to their relatives that could understand their plight, enough of this rubbsih!Some people just don't fear GOD!Haba!!!!!! angry
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by blessy(f): 2:45pm On Mar 05, 2007
Dear Nairalanders,my friend just called me two days ago and told me that she has gotten a job with a pension fund administrator, i was just too happy for her but my joy was cut short when she told me that her salary is just 10k. she is now seeking for my advice. I dont really what to tell her, she has been an applicant for 2 years now. please i need your candid advice that i will pass to my friend.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by noblesam(m): 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2007
I WONDER WHERE WE ARE HEADING TO IN THIS COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA, YOUR TALE IS QUITE DEMORALISING CONSIDERING WHAT HAS BEEN INVESTED IN ONES EDUCATION.I WONDER IF THE 15K WILL SUFFICE FOR MONEY SPENT ON TEXTBOOKS! EVEN UNSKILLED WORKERS EARN MORE THAN THAT AS BASIC.GOD HELP US,
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Seun(m): 8:56pm On Mar 05, 2007
It's up to you to accept or reject a job offer that pays little, but it's not easy to pay a lot when the graduate in question is not capable of adding enough value to justify the sort of salary he wants. Job creation is hard.

An employer has the right to offer you any amount she can afford, and you have the right to reject it. So, in my opinion, your indignation is not justified. The sheet of paper you say you have won't necessarily generate any money.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Ladapo(m): 6:57am On Mar 06, 2007
Seun or what's that your name again, if you have no good contribution, you better stop talking. That is an insult on this house.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by nikky007(f): 11:44am On Mar 06, 2007
I look with disgust at what is going on in nigeria now, i was also a victim of the 15k, i would have taken the job but the conditions to be met is quite impossible; 1. you have to bring in 100 customrs for the said ecobank and 2.you have to rake in 2million naira every month inrespective of the fact that 5 or less of your 100 customers were able to meet up the 2mila.
well, they said we should be self employed, i am projecting in the near future that employers of labour will have no 'qualified' job seekers to work for them they would have to make do with school leavers for post like GM, cos then evry one of us will be entrepreneurs.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Seun(m): 11:51am On Mar 06, 2007
There's nothing wrong with every one of us being entrepreneurs. It will only lead to faster development.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by crito(m): 3:09pm On Mar 06, 2007
na wa oh,
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by agbeja: 6:10pm On Mar 06, 2007
I think we should be pragmatic here. True 15k is quite small, but for those who do not have anything doing at the moment could take it up to boost their CV. U could just take it up to improve your work experience.Most job openings now require some form of experience,so u could take it for that reason.I'm sure no one likes to sit at home for long.
The amount is little, fine, but i've seen some people who work in some companies without pay hoping they will be considered for a regular appointment one day.
If the pay for the job offered is nothing compared to what u earn, u just walk away.One day u will get a better one. Attending interviews also give u some form of experience too, when u fail, u learn from ur mistakes and get it right the next time.
The truth is, as long as u have ur degree, there's hope for a better tomorrow.U'll surely get a wonderful job or u have a company of ur own, dont mind those looking down on u now, u'll make it in life.

1 Like

Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by LoverBwoy(m): 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2007
it seems nigerian employers are spoilt for choice. too much power   grin 15,000? thats the cost of running a generator for a week!!
+2 years experience shocked

Seun:

There's nothing wrong with every one of us being entrepreneurs. It will only lead to faster development.

Being an entreprenuer sometimes involve employing people! And if you pay shyte money you get $hit jobs > slower development. how many people have you employed sef

1 Like

Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by canachy(m): 5:11pm On Mar 07, 2007
I don't see why this issue should be over empasized. 15k is quite too poor for a graduate, but even 300k will still not be enough. The truth of the matter is that you should not work for money, rather, let money work for you.

If you feel that the pay offer you have is too poor and you are still unemployed, then create your own job, employ people and even pay them real big bucks. what do you thnk?

keep Cracking
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Seun(m): 9:54am On Mar 08, 2007
Being an entreprenuer sometimes involve employing people!
As an entrepreneur, you don't have to employ people. You can make use of contractors, consultants and freelancers.

how many people have you employed sef
I hired an assistant, but after a week of trial I decided to release him to other employers (with one week pay).
I've made up my mind not to try to employ anyone for a while. Instead, I'll use contractors and freelancers.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by canachy(m): 11:17am On Mar 08, 2007
you are right seun, you must not employ especially when the income flow is not consistent. but with time you may need to employ to maximize profit

1 Like

Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by canachy(m): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2007
you are right seun, you must not employ especially when the income flow is not consistent. but with time you may need to employ to maximize profit

1 Like

Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by dremoney(m): 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2007
funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by skima(m): 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2007
What Seun is saying is absolutely correct. But we humans have been programmed different ways so our thinking will always be different.

If we all are entrepreneur there wont be a problem, we will only be interdependent. Until we change our thinking of " Goto School Get A Good Paying Job" Our life will never be different. Our thinkin will never be expanded.

So think about!
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by skima(m): 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2007
The last paying Job i did was a 4-month employment then i was 17 years old, earning 5k per month but after that, i never applied for a job.

I just dont like working for people i seemed to be under-utilized. Just wake up guys and something with ur head.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Seun(m): 9:01am On Apr 05, 2007
I agree with skima. @topic: If you're not satisfied with available employment opportunities, just create yours.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Rlst84sale(m): 1:05am On Apr 13, 2007
Though I just became a member of nairaland few days ago and I come here now more that I even go to my own profession's network. We have a lot of information on this site that can really enlighten us a lot. This is the way I think about your circumstance. When it comes to job offer, it's a matter of negotiation. The employer wants to get the best for the least cost in order to maximize his/her profit, it's up to you to negotiate and convince him that hiring you would make his company grow. And you therefore counter his offer until you guys can come to a term, and if not keep searching. Another point is that for most people with business in mind every circumstance is vehicle to their destination. One day when you get to that position you will probably remember this posting. Let me give u a suggestion here. If you look at your chances of moving up higher within reasonable lenght of time in the company that offers you less now I would say take it, if otherwise stay where you are. Most of our people just look at now instead of considering growth factor before making their decision, sometimes it's not just how much you make, it's how much u invest/save. Good luck to u man.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by thebaron(m): 1:18pm On May 28, 2007
yeah 15k a month is really mean considering the present economic situation. but you have to agree with me that the employer has a right to state the salary he wants to offer and you have the right to either accept or turn it down. One of the biggest problems of the Nigerian Educational System is the mentality they inculcate in us while we are at school. you are told to do well so that you can get a good job. Nobody tells you to do well so that you can own your own business. it is very pathetic. There are so many intelligent young people roaming the streets look for jobs when they could have been doing something else. It is all as a result of the orientation that we are being given. cool wink
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by barin24(m): 6:38pm On May 29, 2007
i think it is totally unfair to come to nairaland and start rubbishing certain employers just because they offered u a salary u think is low. av heard a lot people crying wolf about how much their employers r paying dem. u have a very big choice to accept or reject any remuneration being offered by any employer, afterall u didnt create d job. also no employer is a charity, so dont expect dem 2 pay for all d years u spent in acquiring dat "piece of paper" u call a certificate.

Finally, i'm not saying employers shuld b slave drivers by offering rubbish pay. moreso, if d business can afford to pay well. but if it is d contrary then go create a job for urself, shikeena, !
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by sexydude(f): 8:19pm On May 29, 2007
the various employers indeed have rights to decide on what should be paid, yes, they do just as the devil has right to become born again. right ko, 15k ni.
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by smartsoft(m): 11:26am On Jun 01, 2007
little wonder why most graduate go into Yahoo Yahoo very bad 15k my left foot, they take us as a fool
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 13, 2007
I think barin24 should let ppl say what they like in a forum, at least thats why we (WebDezzi) build them.

One lovely thing is that this forum post is ranking high on google for the keyword "Alpha Technologies in nigeria" so that will make Alpha-Technologies and others who are into such adjust

-Seun
Re: I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies by hollys(f): 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2007
15k/month cant take you anywhere. :oHow much is accomodation? transportation? feeding? bills? recharge cards? dressing? family? a little something to put aside for tomorrow? Haba 15k?how now? how cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Acca P3, P4 & P5 Lsbf Video Lecture For June 2013 / Start A Career In Public Speaking / Compliance Manager Duties,pls Explain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.