Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Much Ado About Mothers-in-law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Much Ado About Mothers-in-law (385 Views)

Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) / Mother's Day - Describe Mothers In One Word / The Top 10 Youngest Mothers In History And Their Ages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Much Ado About Mothers-in-law by Hephzybeeblog: 7:26am On Jan 22, 2018
So today’s blog post is on mothers-in-law.

Disclaimer: am not yet married but that doesn’t disqualified me from talking about Mothers-in-Law. I have two eyes plus I wear eyes glasses, so technically that’s four eyes… #Winks

Truth be told there are so many myths and stories surrounding mothers in laws. A discussion ensued about Mothers-in-Law. Only very few of the contributors had good testimonials about their Mothers-in-Law. Most had negative comments about them. Again, throwback to some days ago, a dear friend also put up a post about Mothers-in-Law. The issue mainly was that most mothers in law are always encroaching on their sons/daughters homes.

In a friend’s words

You will be surprised the way women paint their mother in laws …it takes the grace of God not to pray for the death of a mother in law one hasn’t even met.
My take on that is? If your pray for the death of your mother in law, just remember the law of karma, your children are going to marry someday too… #eyesrolling

For the purpose of this post, mother in law will be called MIL, while daughter in law will be DIL. Like I discover, both daughters in laws and son in laws have their share of the MIL shit. Although, it seems a bigger deal on the part of women.

As in, it’s such a big deal. The stories and experiences are really scary so I never forgot to pray to God to please bless me with loving and accepting in laws. I strive to always keep a positive mental attitude about MIL and husband family ish.
In Africa, the mother- in-law is the god. Undoubtedly, mothers are gods. Mothers are golden, mothers are amazing. Mothers carry children in the womb for 9 months. make enormous sacrifice for the growth of the kids. God bless Mothers.

However, Mothers should learn to love and accept their daughters in laws like their daughters.

mother

I think most mothers always want to baby their children, …you hear words like I carried him in my womb for 9 months, blah! blah! Forgetting that the moment he’s married he has started a new life hence there should be no encroachment. It’s your son’s house not your husbands’ house. . Some mothers even see their DIL as a competition which should not be so.

I think I have an hypothesis to support that MIL see their DIL as competition. I really feel most mothers get so used to their children, many even forget to adequately care for their husbands (a guy had one complained to me that most women literally pour all their love on their children to the detriment of their husbands) so they become so attached to their kids.

Sadly the thing with a mother’s eye is she never really sees her kids as grown up. She still always wants to care and baby them. So, when his wife or husband comes she still wants to have control over him. It’s almost like someone competing for his love with her. Also, most mothers don’t realize nor prepare themselves adequately for that phrase of their life

Kindly finish reading at http:///2Bizfh2
https://hephzybee./2018/01/20/much-ado-about-mothers-in-law/

Re: Much Ado About Mothers-in-law by katchycouture(f): 8:15am On Jan 22, 2018
pray for a husband first before you pray for a MIL..

(1) (Reply)

What Are We Exposing Our Children To? / Elderly Care Foundation / Effects Of Divorce On Children And How To Avert Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.