Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle (2626 Views)

What Does These Say About The Personality Of The Vehicle Owners (PHOTOS) / The History Of The Vehicle Airbag (some Things To Know About The Airbag) / This #3.6m 3-wheel Electric Car Is Set To Change The Vehicle Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2018
The picture of the vehicle you see has no gas cap. Is there any one that can identify the said vehicle grin

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 11:14am On Jan 22, 2018
A gift awaits the winner. Said vehicle is currently in my workshop
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:23am On Jan 22, 2018
its a FORD Explorer 2012.

1 Like

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 11:25am On Jan 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Take the back sit sir. This task wasn't for you grin

1 Like

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:27am On Jan 22, 2018
mayor2013:

Take the back sit sir. This task wasn't for you grin

you have joined bad gang. I didnt see any T&C angry

1 Like

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 11:28am On Jan 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you have joined bad gang. I didnt see any T&C angry

Recently wink
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 11:29am On Jan 22, 2018
More answers needed
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 11:30am On Jan 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

It's not a ford explorer 2012
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 22, 2018
mayor2013:
A gift awaits the winner. Said vehicle is currently in my workshop

Mayor - If I get the answer correctly, will you get me a brand new Moto Z Force Droid? grin

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by falzthebadguy: 11:44am On Jan 22, 2018
ford fiesta

2 Likes

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by walexyll(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2018
Ford Taurus
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by HOLYDICK(m): 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2018
Ford explorer 2009

grin grin

Oya i just snap it

Were my gift Op?

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2018
Zoharariel:

Mayor - If I get the answer correctly, will you get me a brand new Moto Z Force Droid? grin

embarassed embarassed
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by Demeanor: 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2018
The gas cap is manufactured for a range ford vehicles.

The question is skewed.

It is like asking what sparkplug will fit in X vehicle.

5 Likes

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 1:24pm On Jan 22, 2018
Do we have a winner. I think so. More answers needed Winner would be announced by 5pm(close of work)
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by snipesdam(m): 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2018
This Technology is manufactured by Ford.

Features:
1. Prevents Fuel Theft: Ford owners can feel a little more secure knowing their vehicles have fuel system innovations such as the Easy Fuel® (capless fuel filler) feature. The Ford Easy Fuel feature is designed to easily let fuel in and make it difficult to get fuel out.

2. Eliminate Screw Cap: Ford’s capless full filler deters gas theft two different ways. With Easy Fuel, a spring-loaded flapper door is held closed by latches that can only be released by a standard-size fuel nozzle. This eliminates the need for a fuel tank screw cap. When the proper nozzle is inserted into the filler neck of the system, the latches release, and the nozzle pushes the spring-loaded flapper door to the open position. When the nozzle is removed, the flapper door automatically is forced closed by the spring.

3. Stops Fuel Vapor From Escaping: The main purpose of the system is to prevent vapors from escaping during the fueling process. Another deterrent in Ford vehicles is an inlet check valve that is part of the on-board refueling vapor recovery system. While the valve is primarily designed to prevent vapors from escaping during the fueling process, it also can thwart siphoning efforts because it closes automatically after the fueling process. It does so by detecting the pressure of liquid fuel as it passes.

Also lincoln has this feature...

1 Like

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by biggiyke(m): 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2018
Let me share my story with capless gas tank. Sometime in early 2015, my colleague based in Phc shipped a brand new tear rubber 2014 ford edge from the US. after clearing, the car was delivered to me pending when he sends a driver to drive it down to Phc.

So i say make i do shakara small o. You wont blame me na, my first time in a brand new car. Na so i drive the car go buy fuel, windows down, music full blast, u know.....i enter filling station, off engine, come down, tell the attendant to put full tank. She open the fuel door, she no see gas cap. "Oga, abeg come open your tank." Na so i enter back the car begin find button wey go open the tank. By now people don gather dey appreciate the ride, "oga this your car fine o", "u be big boy o." I was not hearing all those talk o. My mind dey for how to open gas tank. The girl was getting impatient, about 3 cars had queued behind me.

The cars behind were honking now, one of them was already shouting. Then the girl told everyone that cared to listen that it wasnt her fault. say I no sabi how to open the gas cap. She say e be like say no be me get the motor sef. See as shame catch me, people begin laugh. "Oga call the owner make him tell u how to open am." "U sure say u no even thief am sef?" "Call your oga na, shey u be driver?"

I jejely respect myself enter motor begin go house. I got home almost in tears cos the filling station was close to my house. Them go don sabi me now say na borrow pose i come do.

anyways, I read the manual and realised that all the attendant had to do was to insert the nozzle into the opening and the gas cap will slide open automatically.

Lesson learnt: Know the basics of an unfamiliar car b4 driving off. It could save you some embarrassment.

mayor2013:
Do we have a winner. I think so. More answers needed Winner would be announced by 5pm(close of work)

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mammanbawa: 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
Might be an explorer or expedition or a Lincoln navigator.

1 Like

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2018
mammanbawa:
Might be an explorer or expedition or a Lincoln navigator.

increasing your odds abi angry

2 Likes

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by johnabraham: 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2018
does anyone know how to fill fuel in this type of tank from a jerrycan using a plastic hose?
@ oga gazzuzz: wink

2 Likes

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mammanbawa: 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

increasing your odds abi angry

Not really.
Lmao!
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
johnabraham:
does anyone know how to fill fuel in this type of tank from a jerrycan using a plastic hose?
@ oga gazzuzz: wink

very easy, stick a 16mm plug spanner in the hole, and pass the pipe through it.

4 Likes

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2018
30mins to announcment of the winner tongue. Clock ticking

1 Like

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
It's 5.03pm the moniker with "walexyII" got it right. It's a ford taurus 2011. Contact me on my signature on what's app to redeem your price. My Glo line is my what's app number. Thanks to all those who try we are all winners wink

2 Likes

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by sultaan(m): 3:22am On Jan 23, 2018
mayor2013:
It's 5.03pm the moniker with "walexyII" got it right. It's a ford taurus 2011. Contact me on my signature on what's app to redeem your price. My Glo line is my what's app number. Thanks to all those who try we are all winners wink

What trim level is the Taurus and what is your opinion on the car?

Why is the owner in for repairs or service.

There is a small white funnel under the Jack wrench that us used when fueling from cans

1 Like

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 6:28am On Jan 23, 2018
sultaan:

What trim level is the Taurus and what is your opinion on the car?

Why is the owner in for repairs or service.

There is a small white funnel under the Jack wrench that us used when fueling from cans

Ford Taurus 2011. 3.5L (AWD). Engine was running rough. Pulled out fault errors from the pcm and we got igntion coil circuit malfunction. I can't really say much about this car. Am yet to have driven it but would for sure drive it when work is completed. Interior makes sense. Owner said he built the car to his taste directly from ford grin

1 Like

Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 23, 2018
mayor2013:

Ford Taurus 2011. 3.5L (AWD). Engine was running rough. Pulled out fault errors from the pcm and we got igntion coil circuit malfunction. I can't really say much about this car. Am yet to have driven it but would for sure drive it when work is completed. Interior makes sense. Owner said he built the car to his taste directly from ford grin
Interior pics go make sense o! grin
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 10:56am On Jan 23, 2018
Winner of yesterday's is yet to contact me for redemption of his or her price. Could be a "she" grin. There is still room to contact me
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2018
mayor 2013, i saw E10 fuel rating on the gas cap which we don't have in Nigeria presently, so does the owner of the vehicle use octane boosters when refuelling?
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 5:43pm On Jan 23, 2018
dumo1:
mayor 2013, i saw E10 fuel rating on the gas cap which we don't have in Nigeria presently, so does the owner of the vehicle use octane boosters when refuelling?

I doubt if the owner knows about that but I would for sure find out
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by sultaan(m): 5:18am On Jan 24, 2018
mayor2013:

So he bought it in 2010/11 and how long has he been using it in Nigeria.The history of repairs might direct you to the cause of that fault.

I want to believe it is the SEL with myfordtouch system.
Re: Capless Gas Tank; Who Can Identify The Vehicle by mayor2013: 6:43am On Jan 24, 2018
sultaan:

So he bought it in 2010/11 and how long has he been using it in Nigeria.The history of repairs might direct you to the cause of that fault.

I want to believe it is the SEL with myfordtouch system.

Fault fixed already grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Customize My Car Like This / Toyota Camry 2000 Model Radiator Issue / What Does The C In The Honda CRV Stand For? [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.