Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking (42828 Views)

I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu / Aishah Ahmad, CBN Deputy Governor In Charge Of Financial System Stability / Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by pol23: 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
It's all good until Leo is been hacked.
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by OhGeeBee: 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
YINKS89:
if u can answer den ill gv up... Those idiot re still charging mi for card maintenance on a card dat has been blocked what do u hav to say abt dat?
Seconded! I'm also having this issue with them.
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by YINKS89(m): 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
Perge:
grin grin

No vex bro..... I thought you were going to ask a silly question.
d robot self wld fink twice b4 answering dis... Cos any.thing said wld b used against Dem in d court of law.

1 Like

Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by okonja(m): 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2018
Access bank launched Tamara longtime ago
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by YINKS89(m): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
OhGeeBee:

Seconded! I'm also having this issue with them.
dey wld hear frm ma lawyer soon.
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by Yoshy: 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
Only backward minded people will not see this as a great development.

1 Like

Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by akinszz: 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2018
orijintv:

Have you tried using GTB?
GTB name die... I had to abandon my account with them grin
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by abeliver: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
Robot � are taking over....
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by sulakishop(m): 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
Dolls... Everywhere you go
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by OhGeeBee: 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2018
YINKS89:
dey wld hear frm ma lawyer soon.
Nice one! Someone needs to give them tough time on this issue.
They've been debiting card maintenance fee for a card that's been blocked since February.
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by Holywizard: 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2018
Many staff to lose their jobs.
Banking is going full digital.
Only few will understand though
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by IDKadiri: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
DEDUCT FOR WHAT?
DID THEY NOT EXPLAIN THE DEBIT TO YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU DID NOT CARRY OUT THE DEBIT YOURSELF?

nairavsdollars:
UBA bank of fraud
no bank deducts customers money faster like UBA
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by Austinio: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
United bank for fraud
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by churchee: 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
'Hi' Leo.
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by Papadoh(m): 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2018
Which one be Leo? Dem no fit give am one correct African name?

Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by Chukazu: 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
"Leo" sad

Nairaland feminist will soon ask for his head.

UBA is been discriminatory against women, give us our own "Lillian" ...#Feminist
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by Chukazu: 4:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
akinszz:
GTB name die... I had to abandon my account with them grin

I have used a dozen Nigerian banks...same of same.

Only STANBIC IBTC gave me hope
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by lereinter(m): 5:03pm On Jan 22, 2018
technology
you should fear it
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by maj59(m): 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2018
How much den day pay Leo d Robert
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by olubulk(m): 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2018
must you collaborate with facebook, why can't you have your own website with that functionality instead of improving Mr Zuckerberg company
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by IDKadiri: 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
I'm sure they did their research and found out that many of the youths in Nigeria spend plenty of their time on FaceBook intstead of Facing thier book... wink wink wink grin grin grin

olubulk:
must you collaborate with facebook, why can't you have your own website with that functionality instead of improving Mr Zuckerberg company
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by RUBMYMIND(m): 7:07pm On Jan 22, 2018
I have used it twice and the experience was fantastic, the response from Leo was very very fast. Kudos to UBA. Africa's Global bank

1 Like

Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by IAmXcessiz(m): 10:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
Leo, can you tell your ogas to stop deducing card maintenance fees twice a month from my account. Thank you
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by ojiebaba(m): 4:51am On Jan 23, 2018
Very soon now, girls will be crushing on dis one
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by oko4lucky(m): 5:30am On Jan 23, 2018
To access Mr Leo,

m.m/ubachatbanking

Enjoy your self
Re: Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
maximunimpact:
The United Bank for Africa Plc has introduced a chatbot that enables its customers to make use of their social media accounts to carry out key banking transactions.

The bank said the chatbot, called Leo, available on Facebook messenger, would enable customers to open new accounts, receive instant transaction notifications, check their balances on the go, carry out transfers and airtime top up.

Speaking at the unveiling of the chat banking service in Lagos, the Group Managing Director, UBA, Mr. Kennedy Uzoka, said this was the first time that a financial institution in Africa would come up with such a solution to ease customers’ transactions.

He added that it had become necessary in the fast-paced world to deliver quick-time transactions and response based on customers’ demands.

Uzoka said that as part of initiatives aimed at putting the customer first, the bank was continuously developing strategies aimed at easing transactions for the bank’s numerous users, while ensuring utmost safety of their transactions.

He said, “The formulation of this product is consistent with the bank’s customer first philosophy, where we are doing things not the way we like, but exactly what the customers want, where they want it, and in the exact platform they want.

“And so, we have been working with technology giants from around the world because for the UBA with so many customers, we have to deal with those who have the global capacity. Therefore, we at the UBA, have collaborated with Facebook to come up with this. In future, Leo will show up with other platforms. All you need to do is to have an account with Facebook,” he said.

While noting that this was the first time this kind of solution was coming up on the continent, he expressed belief that with the huge number of customers the bank had as well as its growing customer base in all the 19 countries of operation, customers would be served using technology, and not just traditional technology, but modern and forward-looking technology.

“Leo being an intelligent personality will give you feedback instantaneously as you transact your business on the platform. A solution that is from the customer’s standpoint, which is easy to use by anyone regardless of your career,” he said.

While giving a step-by-step demonstration on how it would work, the Group Head, Online Banking at the UBA, Mr. Austine Abolusoro, said the Leo was a virtual banker using artificial intelligence service to address customers’ concerns.

According to him, each transaction is secured with a One Time Password that is generated on the phone number that is registered on the account.

He gave other services that would be offered to customers on the online platform as payments of bills, data top-up, mini-statements, loan applications, cheque confirmation and account freezing.

“Leo is ready and waiting to help with most transactions and to deliver any form of banking services. Leo is operating a lifestyle banking platform on Facebook messenger to assist with your transactions while chatting with your friends and business partners. The security with this platform is that for every transaction, a One Time Password is generated to the phone number that is registered on the account.”

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/01/22/robots-now-charge-ubas-face-facebook-chat-e-banking/

This article was culled from: https://howtotechnaija.com/leo-by-uba-chat-banking-personality-social-media/

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Was "Naira" Coined? Obafemi Awolowo Coined The Currency Name, Naira, In 1973 / Gideon Ime Charlie, Lekki Groundnut Seller Who Earns N1,500 Per Month / Naira Exchange Rates Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.