Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team (31522 Views)

‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) / Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' / Wilson Oruma All Smiles In New Pictures Shared By His Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by robosky02(m): 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
Wilson Oruma gets job in national team

Former Super Eagles midfielder, Wilson Oruma who has been battling emotional disorder after being defrauded N2 billion by fake oil businessmen has been offered a job as assistant coach in one of the national teams.

The President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Melvin Amaju Pinnick disclosed this to Vanguard over the weekend.

‘’By next week, Oruma will move into my house before they finish furnishing the three-bedroom flat where he would stay.

“His story is a pathetic one and we cannot allow him to die. I am rendering this help to him from one Warri man to another. We are Warri Ambassadors.

‘’All we need to do is to show him love. I ate with him. He’s stable. The NFF will include him to play a role in our award ceremony coming up soon.

“Thereafter, we’ll include him in the U-20 national team. Come June, we’ll also include him in the contingent to Russia to cheer the Super Eagles.

“I’m still talking with some of the clubs he played for to allow him come and do a coaching course with them,’’ Pinnick said.

Oruma played for Nigeria’s U-17, U-23 and the senior national team, winning the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 1993, the Olympic gold in 1996 and two bronze medals at the African Cup of Nations in 2002 and 2006.

At club level, he featured for RC Lens, Nancy, Samsunspor, Nimes, Servette, Sochaux, Marseille and Guingamp, and Kavala FC of Greece before he retired on November 26, 2010.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/22/wilson-oruma-gets-job-national-team/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by myqel(m): 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
I want to use this platform to say thank you to Almighty God for seeing me through all these years in good health and sound mind...Happy birthday to me, myself and I...Nairalanders, pls show some love

240 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by Benjom(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
Congrats man... please, be careful with your earnings this time around biko.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by fpeter(f): 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
Thank God.
Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by nairavsdollars(f): 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
Welcome development. Nobody will oppose this because dude served this country meritoriously and we should reciprocate when he needs our assistance.

Buhari should direct Magu to investigate that devilish pastor that duped him

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by dfrost: 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
wink Nice.
Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by Histrings08(m): 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
God has given him a second chance

4 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by PastorMB(m): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
Great

Pastors destroying lives since Adam.

I have to stop this by starting my own church!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by Lummy20(m): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
Abeg help us find anything for our brother Emmanuel Eboue, even if Na cleaner he go manage am

4 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by jieta: 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
amaju pinnick should be given a national honour for what he has been doing in the NFF even though he has his short coming he has done well.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by damosky12(m): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nigeria would be one of the best places to stay in the world if gestures like this characterize our every day living irrespective of tribal and societal differences.

7 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2018
Them wan kuku kill the man...if they can be oweing a senior team coach 5 months Salary...who is Wilson Oruma?
Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by mycare(m): 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2018
myqel:
I want to use this platform to say thank you to Almighty God for seeing me through all these years in good health and sound mind...Happy birthday to me, myself and I...Nairalanders, pls show some love

Happy Birthday bro.
Wishing you a purpose fulfilled life in Jesus name.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by emmabest2000(m): 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2018
If you don’t behave like a mad person
You can’t get help as long as Nigeria is concern

Waiting for another ex footballer to act part 2

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by dfrost: 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2018
robosky02:
I am rendering this help to him from one Warri man to another. We are Warri Ambassadors.

There was absolutely no need for the above comment. So if he wasn't from Warri, nobody would assist him or what?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by Burgerlomo: 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2018
myqel:

HBD LLNP

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by despam(m): 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2018
Good one.
Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by Teewhy2: 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
God bless the Board of NFF for this initiative. Let's appreciate them if they do something good and also lash them when they misbehave.

It is another Dry Season, a Season for construction works.
Need a Roof Parapet to bring out the beauty in your Building?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/6

3 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by Burgerlomo: 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nice gesture
Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by Stethaine: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
If I may askooo . the person who defrauded him can not be traced by EFCC or...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by hailall: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
great
Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by KrystosCJ(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
Melvin Amaju Pinnick should have thought better before he said this to journalists,

His story is a pathetic one and we cannot allow him to die. I am rendering this help to him from one Warri man to another. We are Warri Ambassadors.

So, what if he was not from Warri in Delta state? This statement is how you start introducing ethnic bigotry into federal institutions like the NFF. It's not bad helping Wilson but using that line shows that most of these FG officials don't think before they speak.

16 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by Bantino(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
dfrost:

There was absolutely no need for the above comment. So if he wasn't from Warri, nobody would assist him or what?

You can just imagine

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by FrenchWay: 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
This is Africa. We attach sentiments to every thing. Why employ a madman into the national team staff?

U won't see arsenal employing Eboue after his foolishness and senselessness with his finances.

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by mastercee(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
Good gesture!

But Amaju should have left that warri part out, it made no sense.

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by dontbothermuch: 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
cry
Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by Stevengerd(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
Indomie kids wnt knw him... Oruma, Christian obodo, agahowa and co
Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by oshe11: 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
robosky02:
Wilson Oruma gets job in national team

Former Super Eagles midfielder, Wilson Oruma who has been battling emotional disorder after being defrauded N2 billion by fake oil businessmen has been offered a job as assistant coach in one of the national teams.

The President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Melvin Amaju Pinnick disclosed this to Vanguard over the weekend.

‘’By next week, Oruma will move into my house before they finish furnishing the three-bedroom flat where he would stay.

“His story is a pathetic one and we cannot allow him to die. I am rendering this help to him from one Warri man to another. We are Warri Ambassadors.

‘’All we need to do is to show him love. I ate with him. He’s stable. The NFF will include him to play a role in our award ceremony coming up soon.

“Thereafter, we’ll include him in the U-20 national team. Come June, we’ll also include him in the contingent to Russia to cheer the Super Eagles.

“I’m still talking with some of the clubs he played for to allow him come and do a coaching course with them,’’ Pinnick said.

Oruma played for Nigeria’s U-17, U-23 and the senior national team, winning the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 1993, the Olympic gold in 1996 and two bronze medals at the African Cup of Nations in 2002 and 2006.

At club level, he featured for RC Lens, Nancy, Samsunspor, Nimes, Servette, Sochaux, Marseille and Guingamp, and Kavala FC of Greece before he retired on November 26, 2010.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/22/wilson-oruma-gets-job-national-team/
After wasting his 1billion without helpingor contributing to the masses

Well, He like make he no use im brain
Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by Hector09(m): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
This man is very dull, after all ur xposures in europe, one naija pastor we cum nd scam u, no be even g boy self

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by ewosk: 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nice one Bros Pinnick....

You have always carried boys along even before u entered limelight.....
Re: Wilson Oruma Gets Job In National Team by forayfleo(m): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
Good move

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

April 8: Griezmann Welcomes 3rd Child On Same Day As Previous Two / Ahmed Musa Speaks After World Cup Exit, As Galatasaray Fans Beg Him To Sign / EPL: Arsenal Coach, Emery Takes Final Decision On Selling Elneny, To Sign £17.8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.