Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,590 members, 7,801,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) (20385 Views)

Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue / Cultists Arrested During Robbery After Engaging Police In Gun Battle. Photos / Armed Robbers In Police Uniforms In Enugu Caught After Gun Battle (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by metronaijaNG: 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
The Sokoto Command of Nigeria Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has lost one of its gallant officer who died in the line of duty.

Nafi'u Wamakko, an Assistant Inspector of Corps lost his life as joint security operatives rescued two persons who were kidnapped by suspected armed bandits at Kursa /Gobirawa village in Gandi district of Rabah Local Government Area of Sokoto State on Friday, January 19.

It was gathered that some armed bandits invaded the village on Friday and killed two innocent persons, abducted two others and carted away some valuable properties.

Members of the "Operation Harmony" a joint security operatives, comprising Police, Army, DSS and NSCDC, were said to have been alerted and they went after the bandits through the forest which resulted in exchange of fire.

The two abducted persons were rescued and the stolen properties recovered, but in the event Nafi'u Wamakko who was a driver to the team was shot to death by the armed criminals.

The state Commandant of NSCDC, Alhaji Babangida Abdullahi Dutsinma, who confirmed the incident said some of the bandits had escaped with gun shots and appealed to the general public to report any suspicious faces around their areas.

Dutsinma said that the two abductees had been rescued alive while all the stolen property were recovered.

According to him, security operatives are on the trail of the bandits, assuring that they would be smoked out of their hidden places and brought to book. He called on the people of the state, particularly those sharing border with the neighbouring

Wamakko has since been buried according to Islamic rite.

See tribute by his friends below...

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-nscdc-officer-killed-gun-battle-sokoto/ '

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by Sprumbabafather: 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2018
There has been an increase in violent crimes in this APC government. Failed government.

6 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by FrenchWay: 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
One less bribe-collecting Malo officer to worry about.

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by Alphasoar(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
This is where and type of job our amiable SARS need to be doing not Civil Defence biko grin grin grin

RIP to the dead.

Nigeria weh honour sir. Nigerians weh bless you.

#Udo

8 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by dontbothermuch: 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
cry
Shithole must always be Shithole

I keep asking myself, Is Kebbi a state in this Nigeria?

Never even heard of their Governor.

They in that part of this shithole of a country must be happy folks. I wish to visit there someday to see for myself.
Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by nairavsdollars(f): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
RIP.. I saw one 'MY OGA AT THE TOP OFFICER fighting a black market fuel seller yesterday. I was like if the dude kill you now, you think Buhari will give your family kobo?
Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by Mac2016(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
y
Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by jesicajonna(m): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
R.i.P to the Gallant officer undecided

7 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by PossibleUN: 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
May his gentle soul rest in peace. Amen

3 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by nwakibie3(m): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
NSCDC member

RIP.

But if na Soldier..........

No bleep will be given

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
jesicajonna:
R.i.P to the Gallant officer undecided

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by mastercee(m): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
So sad... Rest in peace gallant officer

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by kennosklint(m): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
Buhari head no good.
Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by KrystosCJ(m): 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2018
APC = Anarchy, Poverty and Corruption
May his soul rest in perfect peace.

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by yekparikpa(m): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2018
kennosklint:
Buhari head no good.
lot of killings going on in our dear country!
Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by pol23: 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2018
Naija.
RIP.
Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2018
Rest well now hero

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
We know the kidnappers are herdsmen even if you refused to state it.

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
lipsrsealed undecided "Gallant"

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by hezy4real01(m): 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
Fine Hausa guy.... RIP
Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by pawesome(m): 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
FrenchWay:
One less bribe-collecting Malo officer to worry about.
and you think you made sense.....its a pity how and why a buffon like you still do exist..

Useless mitch

6 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by kennosklint(m): 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2018
yekparikpa:
lot of killings going on in our dear country!
just tired man

3 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by rawtouch: 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
condolences to his family..

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by Boyooosa(m): 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
U don't minute?
Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by iamawara(m): 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
RIP Nafi'u

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by daplo8: 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
thefran201:
Rest in peace Man

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by Obinnau(m): 3:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
dontbothermuch:
cry

They in that part of this shithole of a country must be happy folks. I wish to visit there someday to see for myself.
More peaceful than you can imagine
The state capital is still in its infancy stage. Little to no crime and a largely happy people.

3 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by prag: 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
Condolensces.
Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by debolayinka(m): 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
dontbothermuch:
cry

Bros, I dey Kebbi now. It's just a silent state in Nigeria. Concerning, the condition of the state, baba, everywhere in Naija is the same. We self dey feel the sufferings ooooo, but the people are peaceful, and you know bad news sell faster than good news. You don't come into the news if you don't have a problem to complain about or a victory to celebrate, both of which they don't have.

The only good news they have here is peace.

4 Likes

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by Oyewoadegoke95(m): 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2018
R.I.P

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Officer Killed In Sokoto Gun Battle (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
Gallant. And dead.

Well, like they say, rest in peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Warns Nigerians Against Using New Viral Slogan 'No Gree For Anybody' -VID / Damoche's Murder: Police Recovers His Phone / Court Remands Man, 60, For Raping His Daughter's 16-Year-Old Friend In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.