Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) (21566 Views)

Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel / The Doctor Killed By Lassa Fever In Abia Pictured / Burial Of Doctor Who Died Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by chigosman: 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
Doctor Victor Idowu Ahmed, a graduate of University of Nigeria, Nsukka who just secured placement for houseman-ship at Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja has died of Lassa fever which he contracted in the line of his duty.

A source told 042Express: "He died today. Lassa fever took him. He just secured placement for houseman-ship at Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja."

The medical director of the FMC Lokoja had on Friday, January 19, told journalists that one of the hospital's male doctor had been diagnosed with the virus.

Olatunde Alabi said the victim’s blood sample which was sent to Irrua facility tested positive.

He added that all the people who came in contact with the doctor - both at home and place of work - had been placed under surveillance.

Students, Colleagues, family and friends has taken to social media to mourn the loss of the beloved Doctor Victor Idowu Ahmed.

Source: https://www.042express.com.ng/2018/01/unn-graduate-dies-of-lassa-fever-in-kogi.html

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by amamahdaniel(m): 4:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
g
Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by adeniyi3971(m): 4:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
this is painful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by nairagossip: 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2018
this is really sad! ... imagine all the money and time spent in school.
Lalasticlala can we celebrate this legend. ne died saving mankind!

9 Likes

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 22, 2018
Sad. Hope he is born again? If he is then no need to cry for him but if he's not then omo, now is the time to start wailing because eternal suffer for hell no be here. Libya own better grin

2 Likes

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by purplejuli: 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2018
Lord of Mercy! i know him o
such a great loss! Damn!!

1 Like

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by purplejuli: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
lofty900:
Sad. Hope he is born again? If he is then no need to cry for him but if he's not then omo, now is the time to start wailing because eternal suffer for hell no be here. Libya own better grin

i hope so... but while in school i knew him from my church then... the guy is calm and humble!

1 Like

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by RemedyLab: 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2018
RIP! So Sad
Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by 3millionia: 7:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
RIP
Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by opera1(m): 7:03pm On Jan 22, 2018
Sad news. May God grant d family d fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

1 Like

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
Chai
Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by dust88: 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
And u call this a country ?

1 Like

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by dechriscool(m): 7:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
Painful exit.
Dr.Ahmed Victor Idowu die while trying to save someone life.He got license as a doctor to save life not to die saving life.
How many of health workers are we going to loose before federal government will declare state of emergency on Lassa fever.
Federal government of Nigeria save health workers and your citizens from the scourge of Lassa fever.
Good luck Jonathan did it during Ebola outbreak (remember Ebola has no drug treatment ) However Lassa fever has a drug treatment.
To our fallen heros. R.I.P
DR.FELIX ALI
DR.ABEL SUNDAY
NURSE IWE INNOCENT
DR.AHMED VICTOR
Quick recovery to other health workers.Who has been caught by the web of this menace

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by UbanmeUdie: 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2018
shocked

Hmmm!

Kogi state is the devil's den in Nigeria. I'm sure he died as a result of untimely accurate diagnosis.

The distance between ISTH, Irrua in Edo state, where there is a Lassa Fever Research Institute and FMC, Lokoja is not more than 3hrs and they could not even refer him there for quality care.

Shame on the health sector in Nigeria!

This death was avoidable.............RIP Doc.

1 Like

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by jaxxy(m): 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2018
To study medicine is no joke. U must hv the passion for it. So sad

2 Likes

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by freedomchild: 7:11pm On Jan 22, 2018
This is painful... You died saving lives of people. May the Lord accept you in his bosom.. Amen

1 Like

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 7:15pm On Jan 22, 2018
lofty900:

You are a religious bigot!!! U need brain reformatting. Who told u that u will make heaven?. So being born again is the visa.I pity u.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by donsiqua(m): 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2018
Government been taking this Lassa fever outbreak lightly. Now a super lion is gone cry

Do they know what it takes to train a lion?

God punish Nigerian government angry angry
Was an easy going kid back then in school. Death why?

2 Likes

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by ElPhoche(m): 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
I am sure that there would be absolutely no compensations what's over for the fallen doctors from Lassa. Insurance is a mirage, only to be dreamt about. I am aslo sure the UNN-graduated house officer who after a year hustling for housejob, and finally got a spot in Kogi in December, only to die the next month from Ebola didn't receive a salary, not to talk of '5k hazard allowance' that can't even buy you a shot of hepatitis B vaccine.
My younger colleagues, please as you venture into the profession, know that noone would protect you, starting from your hospital management down to your unit members. Take necessary precautions, if your management doesn't give you the proper protective kits as they didn't give us, don't even make any attempt to form a hero. I still remember all of us casually walking past a bed in the AnE in my center during housejob, that a doctor brought in from Delta State died. In fact, that bed was in the AnE for over a week, with patients being admitted in the next bed, with just shielding of the bed with a screen as the only precautions. Throughout the Lassa period, we were given one flimsy apparel as protective outfit when it wasn't even enough.
I have paid my own dues, ain't owing nobody nothing again. Ain't hoping to come back too

6 Likes

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by otivere: 7:21pm On Jan 22, 2018
Does any thing good come from Kogi State?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by Wishaky(f): 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2018
Who are we to question God, Victor was such a nice guy, he was so helpful wen I had a resit in my Anatomy even in our Yoruba Parapo and in our Church Shekinah Assembly, he use to call me maama den.... cry cry cry cry cry cry
I pray God will console his family.

Keep resting in d bossom of our Lord Jesus Christ till we meet to part no more.

5 Likes

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by satowind(m): 7:23pm On Jan 22, 2018
Sad.
Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by doctokwus: 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
So heartbreaking.
Rip
Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by pol23: 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
RIP.
Sincere condolence
Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by dokJ: 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2018
RIP doc......May God help us.... if am presently in such centres now, i ll take a self imposed leave...if dem like may dem sack me...

1 Like

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by Odjesha: 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2018
Na buhari cause am

1 Like

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by TomHagen: 7:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
lofty900:
Shut up!

Brainwashed!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by creunn: 7:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
adeniyi3971:
this is painful

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by FrenchWay: 7:42pm On Jan 22, 2018
... Half baked doctor. He can't protect himsef

2 Likes

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by Tegasmoney(m): 7:43pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nawa o God.. I know this guy He and my Bro graduated same year!! RIP Dr Victor..

2 Likes

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by Roentgen042: 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
RIP great LION.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) by taiwolomo1: 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
lofty900:
where your sense de?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Multiple Sex Partners Among Women Increases Risk Of Cervical Cancer / Nigerian Victim Of Gas Explosion Shows Shocking Recovery Photos, fans react. / Akin Abayomi: COVID-19 Patients Being Upset At The Start Of Isolation Is Normal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.