Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace (1991 Views)

The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: / Kemi Adeosun: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Should Be Worried / Nigeria Used As An Example On Cyber Security At UK University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by spectroscopic: 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
This American scientist pictured below, Dr. Rick Kittles (RK), has both Hausa and Igbo DNA in him.
http://www.ebony.com/life/dr-rick-kittles-breaks-down-dna#axzz54vwchTeG

If you have not done your ancestral DNA test you maybe in for a shocker when you do and discover that as an Igbo man (or Hausa or Yoruba) you have nearly 50% of the gene from the other ethnic group inside of you. You may be black or brown, and claim to be Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, but do you really know who you are genetically? If we all do our DNAs we might find out that the ethnic fights we are all too interested in fighting is actually unneeded. The Fulani may be an exception, but there might be a lot in common with Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba, Ijaw, Ibibio, etc, than we see from the surface.

On a different note, it would be interesting to know where the ancestral DNAs of fair-skinned Igbos (and there are many of them) emanated from. Could they be from white colonial masters sleeping with Igbo women back in the day?

Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by Sprumbabafather: 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
I have never betrayed anyone ever, does it mean I will have no Yoruba DNA? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by Optional09: 6:16pm On Jan 22, 2018
Everybody comes from Adam and Eve no need for DNA thank you.
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by spectroscopic: 6:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
Optional09:
Everybody comes from Adam and Eve no need for DNA thank you.

That's too cheap. grin grin grin
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by spectroscopic: 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
Imagine if Buhari does his ancestral DNA test and finds out that he has 30% Igbo genes? What would Igbos do? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by spectroscopic: 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
I have never betrayed anyone ever, does it mean I will have no Yoruba DNA? cheesy
If you discover what your fore-parents did in the past with other men or women, you will know you may have Yoruba DNA, even if you claim today to be Igbo or whatever.
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by OlujobaSamuel: 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2018
spectroscopic:
Imagine if Buhari does his ancestral DNA test and finds out that he has 30% Igbo genes? What would Igbos do? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol, i bet it with you sey the story go change, no be nigerians again, we get one common dna(changing goal post in the middle of the game)
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by yanabasee(m): 6:27pm On Jan 22, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

Lol...... Don't be stupid..... You've been flying at night.... you must have a thing with the Edo's....

2 Likes

Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by Ahmed0336(m): 6:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Ofcox grin

1 Like

Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by spectroscopic: 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

lol, i bet it with you sey the story go change, no be nigerians again, we get one common dna(changing goal post in the middle of the game)
Lol. No be small thing. But there is enough reason for Nigerians to abandon-ethnicity induced struggles and treat people as individuals. Vote for good people regardless of where they are from and abandon bad leaders regardless of where they are from. White America consists mainly of English, German, Irish/Scottish, French, Italians, Dutch, Nordic, and Eastern European peoples. In their native European homelands these are different countries/peoples with different languages. But once in the Americas they all adopted English and closed their ranks, working together to dominate native Americans and enslave black people. If White America was divided along ethnic lines, it would not have gone this far.
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by oooduancalmdown: 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
Bullshyte nonsense and stupid thread. This is not enough reason why we should be under same roof. Donald trump is of scotish and German descent. Are Germans and Scots in the same country?
Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by spectroscopic: 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
Bullshyte nonsense and stupid thread. This is not enough reason why we should be under same roof. Donald trump is of scotish and German descent. Are Germans and Scots in the same country?
Nonsense

But the Germans and Scots in Europe have historically never been in the same country; so no need to start doing so now. In contrast, Germans and Scots in the USA are in one country and live peaceably, to the glory of their country and race. Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are in one country historically, but do not seem to be able to live peaceably. Hence, we have been stunted in growth and development for 50 years and counting. Why is that so?
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by oooduancalmdown: 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
spectroscopic:

But the Germans and Scots in Europe have historically never been in the same country; so no need to start doing so now. In contrast, Germans and Scots in the USA are in one country and live peaceably, to the glory of their country and race. Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are in one country historically, but do not seem to be able to live peaceably. Hence, we have been stunted in growth and development for 50 years and counting. Why is that so?
We were never in the same country until the British people did so 100 years ago. You obviously don't know what you are saying. The Germans and Scots are in same country in america because the migrated there. So the don't have a choice. It is like saying Yoruba and Germans are in america and so share similarities. America is a country of migrants. It is a country occupied by non indigenes. Europe and Africa are not like that.

1 Like

Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by OlujobaSamuel: 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
spectroscopic:

we are so good at finding an excuse not to grow up, I laugh whenever someone says a particular individual, tribe, religion or party is the reason for not growing up, as if the person treats his/her family any better.
A former assembly pastor of mine would say; if you see a church without unity/oneness, go to the members house, there is no unity also, same is also a reflection of our society.
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by oooduancalmdown: 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

we are so good at finding an excuse not to grow up, I laugh whenever someone says a particular individual, tribe, religion or party is the reason for not growing up, as if the person treats his/her family any better.
A former assembly pastor of mine would say; if you see a church without unity/oneness, go to the members house, there is no unity also, same is also a reflection of our society.
We are not united in Nigeria because we don't share any similarity. Fulani slaughtering idomas and TIV's is an example. We need to split Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by OlujobaSamuel: 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

We are not united in Nigeria because we don't share any similarity. Fulani slaughtering idomas and TIV's is an example. We need to split Nigeria.
abeg, i no get strength for wahala, i no dey for political physical/e-fight.
Thanks.
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by spectroscopic: 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

We are not united in Nigeria because we don't share any similarity. Fulani slaughtering idomas and TIV's is an example. We need to split

Nigeria.

Based on the name (ooduancalmdown) I am assuming you are Yoruba; please pardon me if you are not. So if you conduct your DNA test today and find out you have 25% Igbo DNA in you (assuming your parents are both Yoruba), how would you react? I am curious to know how that would affect your Yoruba nationalism.
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by oooduancalmdown: 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2018
spectroscopic:

Based on the name (ooduancalmdown) I am assuming you are Yoruba; please pardon me if you are not. So if you conduct your DNA test today and find out you have 25% Igbo DNA in you (assuming your parents are both Yoruba), how would you react? I am curious to know how that would affect your Yoruba nationalism.
Believe me, I can't have 1% Igbo DNA in me. I am full blooded Yoruba of Ijesha stock.
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by spectroscopic: 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Believe me, I can't have 1% Igbo DNA in me. I am full blooded Yoruba of Ijesha stock.

You are indeed very funny. There was a racist white man who was a full blooded white supremacist. He did his DNA test and found out he was 16% black. He was said to have committed suicide thereafter. Be careful what you wish yourself for you may be in for a shocker.
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by oooduancalmdown: 8:21pm On Jan 22, 2018
spectroscopic:

You are indeed very funny. There was a racist white man who was a full blooded white supremacist. He did his DNA test and found out he was 16% black. He was said to have committed suicide thereafter. Be careful what you wish yourself for you may be in for a shocker.
I am certain I don't have Igbo blood in me. I am ffull blooded Yoruba. Both parents, grand and great parents are Yoruba.
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by spectroscopic: 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

I am certain I don't have Igbo blood in me. I am ffull blooded Yoruba. Both parents, grand and great parents are Yoruba.

Read the first post through the link.
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by VolvoS60(m): 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
spectroscopic:

^^^^

grin

He wanted the truth but couldn't handle it...

1 Like

Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by VolvoS60(m): 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
OP - you may have something here.

It will probably never happen of course but imagine if ancestral DNA testing was mandatory in this country - just like a drivers licence or a passport. And imagine if the test and test results could not be compromised. grin

On this thread, some people are already having seizures at the prospect of possibly having ancestral DNA linking them to other ethnicities. Imagine if they took the test and the results came back "positive" grin.

Nothing quite like being forced to take on one's inner demons and their non-stop howling. grin

1 Like

Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by spectroscopic: 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
VolvoS60:
OP - you may have something here.

It will probably never happen of course but imagine if ancestral DNA testing was mandatory in this country - just like a drivers licence or a passport. And imagine if the test and test results could not be compromised. grin

On this thread, some people are already having seizures at the prospect of possibly having ancestral DNA linking them to other ethnicities. Imagine if they took the test and the results came back "positive" grin.

Nothing quite like being forced to take on one's inner demons and their non-stop howling. grin

Thanks for understanding my drift. The world (in our case Nigeria) is such a big receptacle that would contain everyone. We only need to agree to live peacefully, harness our different energies and synchronize them to build and sustain our receptacle (society). For now, many individual Nigerians are making it, but the society is not.
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by ashjay001(m): 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2018
spectroscopic:

They will claim to be Jewish n abandon their Igbo heritagetongue
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by FSU: 7:00am On Jan 23, 2018
ashjay001:

They will claim to be Jewish n abandon their Igbo heritagetongue

This is supposed to be funny, right? So bland.
Re: This Man Is An Example Of Why Nigerians Should Live In Peace by ashjay001(m): 8:46am On Jan 23, 2018
FSU:

This is supposed to be funny, right? So bland.

Quite sad, but true. The hatred, leaves no room for maneuvering! Do u think, that scenario, is impossible? A supposed bonafide Igbo man, having afonja DNA or vice versa? With all d trading n slavery onboard then!

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why President Buhari May Lose In 2019 Elections / Senate President Bukola Saraki Pushed Me To Move The Motion For The Impeachment / Dino Melaye Shares First Photo Of Himself After His Escape From Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.