Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? (9244 Views)

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? / Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 7:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
Most atheist on nairaland have what I call Don Quixote syndrome let me explain Cervantes wrote a book about a man named Don Quixote he would fight windmills like they were his enemy of course a windmill is no ones enemy
My question is Why do atheist try to prove that God doesn't exist why waste their precious time proving an imagination is an imagination, this is the religious section according to its designer

Religion: Share your faith and belief in God or higher powers here. Clearly atheist don't have faith and belief in God or higher powers so this should be the last place they should be but yet it's the reverse... they might argue. lots of atrocities have been committed in the name of 'God' but when you point out that lots of atrocities have been committed in the name of ' no God' they call theist brainwashed certainly I won't waste my time in something I don't believe

What is point of proving Heaven, Hell ,God are all myths.. after all were not immortal when we die we will surely realize you have always been right...

"Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, [and I will shew thee my faith by my works.]"
James:2:18

If atheist truly believe there is no God please practice what you believe. Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by dalaman: 8:09pm On Jan 22, 2018
Tell your God to shut down the accounts of all the atheist on nairaland so that they can all leave you guys alone.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by correctguy101(m): 8:16pm On Jan 22, 2018
Simple...

Its mainly because of the segregations caused by religionists. I'm very sure pagans don't discriminate the way you guys do.

Especially the Abrahamic faiths, your intolerance is just a good reason for any non-adherent to want to pull the curtains on you and your misinterpreted prints of holy books.

Buddhists and Hindus don't discriminate the way you guys do.

Ask why you guys are so intolerant first, biko....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
dalaman:
Tell your God to shit down the accounts of all the atheist on nairaland so that they can all leave you guys alone.
Really it's like you sat down and asked yourself... "What is the most stupid comment I could possibly make?"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
correctguy101:
Simple...

Its mainly because of the segregations caused by religionists. I'm very sure pagans don't discriminate the way you guys do.

Especially the Abrahamic faiths, your intolerance is just a good reason for any non-adherent to want to pull the curtains on you and your misinterpreted prints of holy books.

What intolerance exactly?
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by hakeem4(m): 8:21pm On Jan 22, 2018
Most atheist I’ve seen on nairaland are just antitheist. Nairaland atheist are actually good people trying to free you guys from mental slavery

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by correctguy101(m): 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2018
danvon:
What intolerance exactly?

And he asks me as if he doesn't know already.

Let me indulge you a bit.....

Jehovah's witnesses see other denominatons as those who are not I Jehovah's organization and fit to be destroyed since they're Babylon the great harlot undecided

Others too see the Jehovah's witnesses as those who preach false doctrines and reserved for a hell fire undecided

Muslims see Christians as infidels and that they are either destroyed and sent to Allah's hell or left to wallow in darkness. Do not forget all Christians see muslmen as infidels too and those who haven't seen the light.

Not to mention the segregation all these cause even in supposed family circles. Those who reject any religion of any form are looked down upon as satanists, those who dine with the devil and/or demonic.

Abeg look around you, or are you new on Earth?

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by mmsen: 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
correctguy101:
Simple...

Hindus most certainly do discriminate - they have an entire caste system for that very purpose.

And Buddhists are equally capable of causing issues as a result of their beliefs.
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
correctguy101:

And he asks me as if he doesn't know already.

Let me indulge you a bit.....

Jehovah's witnesses see other denominatons as those who are not I Jehovah's organization and fit to be destroyed since they're Babylon the great harlot undecided

Others too see the Jehovah's witnesses as those who preach false doctrines and reserved for a hell fire undecided

Muslims see Christians as infidels and that they are either destroyed and sent to Allah's hell or left to wallow in darkness. Do not forget all Christians see muslmen as infidels too and those who haven't seen the light.

Not to mention the segregation all these cause even in supposed family circles. Those who reject any religion of any form are looked down upon as satanists, those who dine with the devil and/or demonic.

Abeg look around you, or are you new on Earth?
so how is bashing religion making things better? How is it affecting you? You're not a Jw are you?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by correctguy101(m): 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
mmsen:

Hindus most certainly do discriminate - they have an entire caste system for that very purpose.

And Buddhists are equally capable of causing issues as a result of their beliefs.

Abeg, what do I even know about all these religious beliefs and their segregation teaching?

I'm very irreligious and I have never heard of any other religion going from place to place all in the name of evangelism to disturb innocent people with threats of eternal damnation.

So themself dey discriminate... $mh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by correctguy101(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2018
danvon:
so how is bashing religion making things better? How is it affecting you? You're not a Jw are you?

If you continue to threaten a person with eternal damnation and the person is damn sure it's not the case, what do you expect of the person?

Many atheists are angry at themselves for letting themselves to be misled and very angry at religion for all the damages it has caused and is still causing.

Me, Jew? That's a laugh.... I be ómó luwabi o grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by dalaman: 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
correctguy101:
Simple...

Hindus are just like the Abrahamic religions when it comes to religious segregation and discrimination. I've been to India they are all the same. Their fundies are just like muslims in a way.
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
hakeem4:
Most atheist I’ve seen on nairaland are just antitheist. Nairaland atheist are actually good people trying to free you guys from mental slavery
my point exactly were gonna die being free from mental slavery does equal immortality thanks for the gesture, one day we would know you have always been right

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by dalaman: 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
danvon:
Really it's like you sat down and asked yourself... "What is the most stupid comment I could possibly make?"

You say down and asked yourself. . "What is the most stupid topic can I possibly create ". .
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
dalaman:

You say down and asked yourself. . "What is the most stupid topic can I possibly create ". .
well you have been making many topics about an imagination who's stupid here?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
correctguy101:

If you continue to threaten a person with eternal damnation and the person is damn sure it's not the case, what do you expect of the person
Ignore that person he's obviously deluded there is no such thing as hell
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by correctguy101(m): 9:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
Let me add that most religionists are very ignorant of their environment and the world in general. Even very ignorant of the historicity of their various professed religions.

They're not at all even interested in helping humanity because the world after all is of the devil and "it'll pass away" when God finally brings his kingdom to Earth

It's disturbing to see an ignorant person, one who knows very little about his own religion and the world in general, one who only reads one book, ONE BOOK!!! claiming he knows all.

Tell me why would atheists let such person to continue to spew nonsense and drag unsuspecting innocent souls in the mind trapping and limiting religious beliefs? No....

I barely or don't have interest in bashing anyone or their religion thought. I even allow some people to preach to me and engage them in healthy discussions.

I have only experienced a time when a preacher insisted that I am hell bound, brother, I sent him running after I dealt with his beliefs using his Bible and other references he claims to know about.

Like I always tell people... Forget religion, look at the person, be human first.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by dalaman: 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
danvon:
well you have been making many topics about an imagination who's stupid here?

I've been making topic about an imaginations that people believe is real. It facinates me that people believe in an imaginary idea and I come to discuss, argue and hear from them about the imaginary idea.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
dalaman:

I've been making topic about an imaginations that people believe is real. It facinates me that people believe in an imaginary idea and I come to discuss, argue and hear from them about the imaginary idea.
doesn't stop it from being an imagination, why argue, discuss and listen about an imagination... if you don't believe it too... Chai !!!! You need help

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2018
correctguy101:

Like I always tell people... Forget religion, look at the person, be human first.
How can you be human first when atheism compares people as animals

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by correctguy101(m): 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2018
danvon:
How can you be human first when atheism compares people as animals

Like you have a very big fat idea what words mean.

When a scientist say "man is also an animal". What comes to your mind? That we're not humans?

The sciences and those who dare to challenge the status quo and make findings have proven beyond any reasonable doubt that the human body is a robot, a machine, powered by the life force or you could say consciousness. They never at anytime lay claim to know where this life force comes from and how to transport it, or how it comes about.

It's you religious that lay claims to know, but as the saying goes.... "Extraordinary claims must require extraordinary evidence"

Last time I checked, you guys hav not provided any.
Instead, what was once called spiritual is continually proved and experimented on by the sciences to show it's only natural.

I repeat, what comes to your mind when I say man is an advanced machine/earthsuit or animal?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by dalaman: 9:31pm On Jan 22, 2018
danvon:
doesn't stop it from being an imagination, why argue, discuss and listen about an imagination... if you don't believe it too... Chai !!!! You need help

Because those that believe in the imaginations are in control of every facet of the society I live in. Their belief in this imaginary being affects how they act and relate to me in adverse ways. I argue, discuss and listen because I find it facinating that people believe in imaginary ideas and Iive their lives based on it. It's truly facinating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
correctguy101:

Like you have a very big fat idea what words mean.

When a scientist say "man is also an animal". What comes to your mind? That we're not humans?

The sciences and those who dare to challenge the status quo and make findings have proven beyond any reasonable doubt that the human body is a robot, a machine, powered by the life force or you could say consciousness. They never at anytime lay claim to know where this life force comes from and how to transport it, or how it comes about.

It's you religious that lay claims to know, but as the saying goes.... "Extraordinary claims must require extraordinary evidence"

Last time I checked, you guys hav not provided any.
Instead, what was once called spiritual is continually proved and experimented on by the sciences to show it's only natural.

I repeat, what comes to your mind when I say man is an advanced machine/earthsuit or animal?
well by what you meant you mean we should care for one another, how exactly? My question is why would you be 'human' first? We're all animals durrh and last time I checked it's not Heaven in the jungle
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
dalaman:

Because those that believe in the imaginations are in control of every facet of the society I live in. Their belief in this imaginary being affects how they act and relate to me in adverse ways. I argue, discuss and listen because I find it facinating that people believe in imaginary ideas and I've their lives based on it. It's truly facinating.
They didn't point a gun at your head, you can still live your life without them, why can't you just ignore them? We all know you don't discuss and listen you insult you bash 24/7 you can't even classify it as argument

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by correctguy101(m): 9:52pm On Jan 22, 2018
danvon:
well by what you meant you mean we should care for one another, how exactly? My question is why would you be 'human' first? We're all animals durrh and last time I checked it's not Heaven in the jungle

You want me to start telling you about being "human" and how you're supposed to care for your fellow humans? What a joke.....

No wonder there are thousands of books created to tell you all sorts of things, even crazy stuffs.

Ok I forget.... Lemme borrow the words of Jesus in the Bible.... "Do to others as you would love people to do to you"...

That should do, yes?
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
correctguy101:

You want me to start telling you about being "human" and how you're supposed to care for your fellow humans? What a joke.....

No wonder there are thousands of books created to tell you all sorts of things, even crazy stuffs.

Ok I forget.... Lemme borrow the words of Jesus in the Bible.... "Do to others as you would love people to do to you"...

That should do, yes?
Yes it should, and I will not stand and watch people go to burn in a place for all eternity and won't want them to watch me go to there too wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by correctguy101(m): 10:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
dalaman:

Because those that believe in the imaginations are in control of every facet of the society I live in. . Their belief in this imaginary being affects how they act and relate to me in adverse ways. I argue, discuss and listen because I find it facinating that people believe in imaginary ideas and I've their lives based on it. It's truly facinating.

Nope, the ruling class knows differently. Rather they see religion as the opium the masses can't do without.

It's a tool to make the masses subservient and docile. Makes them swallow everything, good or bad. While the masses suffer and wait on the God of their heads to come help them or bring his kingdom or even bring a better ruler, the elites amass enough wealth and power for themselves and even create their own paradise on Earth here, enjoying all the pleasures planet Earth will allow them experience but continue saying vanity upon vanity, all is vanity and the poor masses will smile with stories like that of Lazarus and the rich man.... $mh....

It's so interesting a game. I wish I knew how to play it well too and join the ruling class so my lineage can try and make Africa wake up even a little awareness will go a long way..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by dalaman: 10:03pm On Jan 22, 2018
danvon:
They didn't point a gun at your head, you can still live your life without them, why can't you just ignore them? We all know you don't discuss and listen you insult you bash 24/7 you can't even classify it as argument

Do Muslims point a gun at the heads of Christians so much so that most christians in the north cry of persecution and many all over Nigeria cry of Islamization? Why not ignore them? I don't bash I call out absurdity for what it is .
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by correctguy101(m): 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2018
danvon:
Yes it should, and I will not stand and watch people go to burn in a place for all eternity and won't want them to watch me go to there too wink

Shebi you see the problem now? After you'll expect those who know better that there's no where anyone will burn to kip kwayet abi?

Your comments mean, you'll continue to disturb people with a place even you don't know the location all your life. undecided

And we tell you it's a foolish thought to think you or anyone would burn somewhere after death (AFTER DEATH O!!!. as if fire can burn a spirit. Oh, your excuse might be, "it's a spiritual fire too)..

Fine, where is this place that fire will burn anyone for eternity, ETERNITY!!!? Has anyone gone there and come back?

I believe you can see why atheists won't seize to bash you doomsday preachers?

A God trying to save you from what he'll do to you if you refused to acknowledge his existence? Does that make any sense to you? Not to me sha....

A God that troubles himself over whom I choose to fvck? See me see wahala, so for all the problems in the world, whom I fvck is now more important an issue? undecided

Many things don't add up in religions and their beliefs. I believe there's a God and he's not petty like you guys make him seem. Dig?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by correctguy101(m): 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2018
dalaman:

Do Muslims point a gun at the heads of Christians so much so that most christians in the north cry of persecution and many all over Nigeria cry of Islamization? Why not ignore them? I don't bash I call out absurdity for what it is .

Calling out absurdity is sadly called anti religion or anti theism as if asking one to analyze his belief system is a bad thing.

If your religion can't stand scrutiny (I doubt any could survive effective scrutiny), then know you're in a program, designed to make you docile and mostly take poo from some idiots at the top called clergymen and rulers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 7:03am On Jan 23, 2018
dalaman:

Boko haram kill some of them so they should cry but are Christians bombing atheist

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by rekinomtla(m): 10:09am On Jan 23, 2018
Simple. Most atheists today are ignorant about the religions they often criticize and are generally gullible when it comes to claims made by other atheists. This is why you will often find atheists online criticizing and blaming religion for all kinds of nonsense. Their favorite being that religion (particularly christianity) hinder the progress of science for centuries. A claim that any historian today would laugh at. But since many atheist today believe religion hinder science for centuries, cause the dark ages, cause wars and that religion is the reason for most of our problems today it's no wonder why they feel the need to constantly attack it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? / Happy Father's Day / Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.