Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,976 members, 7,799,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? (25572 Views)

How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? / How Did Igbos Achieve This? / See What Arewa Youths Did Igbos Disturbing VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by oluwaahmed: 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2018
All these greedy afonja youths commenting do u think igbos are stewpid. D whole SE will give Buhari all d votes he needs 2 win at federal level. It's not bcoz of Ibo presidency or bcoz dey love Buhari, it's just simply pay back. And if 2023 dey refuse to give an Ibo man, d Ibo pple will merge with an Hausa man for him 2 become president again. And the Hausa domination will continue for as long as possible. Chai Yoruba people are quick to forget. When the ibos left governance to u people (Hausa & yoruba) after d war, how many times did d Yoruba people produce the HOS despite having so many of their sons in the military heirachy? Just once, and d coward even rigged election for his Fulani masters against his own brother: the debt was repaid in 1999 (even when it seemed clear that olu falae was d general choice of Yoruba people) what about Abiola, a clear winner in a presidential election. He was jailed and killed nothing happened. Do u know why ibos left in mass during abiola race, is bcoz dey were not ready to fight your battle (igbos will never forget treachery) How long did the oso -abiola last? Barely 1 month. You guys were suppressed in your own land. Awon accomodators got really served.

2 Likes

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by zendy: 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
Adefemiaderoju1:

Really?

Of course. Igbos have had time to see see what the office of president of Nigeria has done for Yorubas who had it for 8 years, Hausas who had for 3 years under Yaaradua, Ijaws who had it for 5 years under GEJ and Fulanis who have had it for about 3 years under Buhari.

The verdict is that the office of president of Nigeria is a waste of time.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by VALENTINEBRAND: 2:01pm On Jan 23, 2018
all d igbo APC members are all stupid and brainless ...look they should just go and sit down with their Old black yash!!!

Biafra has come to stay....
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by simsay: 2:04pm On Jan 23, 2018
What a pity. I am really disappointed.
Is where the presidency will come from be the next issue of discussion. This is the reason why the north will forever rule this nation. This igbo-yoruba fight is a slap on the face. with all the revelation of buhari, northern elites, herdsmen, islamisation agenda, is this the best we can come up with. Really!!!!!!!!!

How has the same yoruba and/or igbo leadership in the presidency down to the local government affected the ordinary people's life.
Will a yoruba or igbo leadership in this country bring any meaning development in this nation especially the ones coming from the crooked pdp or apc party.

I weep for the youths of Nigeria.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by emmanuelex1(m): 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2018
BOTH YORUBA AND IGBOS HAS NO STAKE TO PRESIDENCY, NORTH IS SIMPLY BOTH TO RULE. ALL THE SOUTHERNER IS AT THE MERCY OF NORTHERNERS WHEN YOU TALK OF PRESIDENCY
Alariiwo:

Is that even proper?

After Yorubas have done the work, Igbos want to sit on it.. As if they gave the party any vote in 2015.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by adanny01(m): 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2018
Alariiwo:
I saw a thread on front page https://www.nairaland.com/4305183/south-east-apc-leaders-beg-buhari where Igbo leaders went to visit Buhari and also asked for him to support an Igbo man for APC presidency in 2023..www.nairaland.com/attachments/6589175_presidentbuharireceivesdelegationofapcsoutheastleaderss_jpeg8b6e5f9be34faf27d53d20ed8ea7e253

Now my question is.. Do these folks think atal??

After all Tinubu's effort with massive votes from South West that got APC in.. Where were the Igbos??
They voted enmasse for PDP and now want to get presidency ticket in 2023 before Yorubas that did the bulk of the work in APC.

Igbos should stick with PDP in 2023. No vacancy in APC.
APC is for Yorubas in 2023.

During the heat of 2015, i told all the Igbo i could get this message, they refused to hear.

Yoruba worked with APC for 2015, North will return the favour in 2023 no matter how Igbos beg.

By 2031, power should return to the north.

The earliest Igbo will get this chance is 2039, that is, if they realized what they need to do.

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by femolii: 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2018
FemiFimile:

Ibo are not begging to be in Nigeria?

As a Yoruba man, i will support the first Igbo candidate i see in 2023.

Hausa, UK, US and everybody knows it is Ibo turn.

Otherwise, yoruba muslim can form a country with Hausa and let peace reign.

Africa cannot keep disturbing the world with conflict. Learn to do the right thing.

Is by vote oga not by mouth.

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by oooduancalmdown: 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2018
demonstrate:
[s][/s]

IF U THINK NIGERIA WILL SURVIVE A YORUBA PRESIDENCY BEFORE THE IGBOS, THEN GO FOR IT.

THINGS HAVE GOT TO THE POINT THAT EVEN A BLIND MAN CAN SEE THAT THEIR IS NO FUTURE FOR NIGERIA.
Do you think an iboe man will become president of Nigeria? You better wake up. Yoruba people don't give a damn if Nigeria splits or not
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by oooduancalmdown: 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

I only pitying those shouting South West Presidency 2023, because it can NEVER happen. We will rather return power to the North than watch that happen.

Even APC as it is presently constituted, have stronger Ndi Igbo than South West. Look at the caliber of Ndi Igbo politicians in APC and compare them with SW.

We play more sophisticated politics than SW.
Stop deceiving yourself. Una no get mouth for Nigeria politics. You can never be Nigeria president. It is south wers turn. You can go back to your Biafra agitation if e pain you
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by oooduancalmdown: 2:13pm On Jan 23, 2018
SouthEastFacts:
Coming from a region that boast of only 500k votes.
500k votes? Go and check stats. Even in 1993 we had over 2 million voters.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by oooduancalmdown: 2:16pm On Jan 23, 2018
Odingo1:
The whole of Nigeria felt that Yorubas are short-changed in the case of Abiola and gave it all to Yorubas in 1999. It will be mischievous for Yorubas to campaign against Igbo presidency after Igbos have make it possible for them without any opposition, in the interest of one Nigeria and peaceful co-existence,Igbos should be allowed to govern without any opposition.All other major region have had their turn,Igbos should be allowed to rule Nigeria just like others.
You gave Obasanjo your votes because you had no choice. No iboe man will become president.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by oooduancalmdown: 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
omonnakoda:

Ok when market set we go know who bring who who come.
Yes Rochas has more clout. Next?
That guy does not know that Fayose, a PDP politician, has more influence in APC than Okorocha
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by adanny01(m): 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
GoroTango:
My own view is that in the long run, if Nigeria is to remain one single united entity, it would be impossible and infact undesirable to exclude the igbos from the presidency forever. Sooner or later their turn will have to come. It is inevitable

Igbos are the ones excluding themselves from the presidency.

The Nigerian prrsidency is a north vs south thing. It alternates.

Unfortunately, the north is an indivisible block. While the south is divided according to its geopolitical zones. Who ever among SW, SE or SS that aligns with the north, carries the day. Last election, SE and SS formed an alliance while North alligned with SW. That was 2 against 4. SE has to find a way to be with the north such that it will be North, SE, SS vs SW or atleats North SE vs SW, SS. 5 vs 1 or 4 vs 2 to have it their way.

Lets not forget, its the North east that has never ever ruled nigeria.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by MyCircle(m): 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2018
Everyone should be given a fair chance to rule, Power seat isn't entitled to a particular region..
Keep the circle circling on.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 23, 2018
party or no party u will agree that they deserve to have had a president same as other minority tribes it is Nigeria for all tribes not for two tribes.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by ihesiuloa(m): 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2018
And I wonder who is even speaking for the igbos in general that they are nominating a candidate from APC? sh*t.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by adanny01(m): 2:23pm On Jan 23, 2018
MyCircle:
Everyone should be given a fair chance to rule, Power seat isn't entitled to a particular region..
Keep the circle circling on.

How so?

The cycling is between the north and south. Its not the norths place to choose where president comes from the south.

Its is left unto Igbos and Yoruba to sort it out in 2023.

Let igbos find a way to put themselves high in the ruling party.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by MyCircle(m): 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2018
adanny01:

How so?

The cycling is between the north and south. Its not the north place to choose where president comes from the south.

Its is left unto Igbos and Yoruba to sort it out in 2023.

A car is well balanced on 4 wheels, if it has to move somewhere then all of the wheels should move, it would only drag if only 2 wheels has to move. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by oooduancalmdown: 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2018
FemiFimile:

Ibo are not begging to be in Nigeria?

As a Yoruba man, i will support the first Igbo candidate i see in 2023.

Hausa, UK, US and everybody knows it is Ibo turn.

Otherwise, yoruba muslim can form a country with Hausa and let peace reign.

Africa cannot keep disturbing the world with conflict. Learn to do the right thing.

See this man claiming to be Yoruba. You iboes truly have no shame. I thought you guys want to leave?
You people are truly shameless.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by masks(m): 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2018
Alariiwo:
I saw a thread on front page https://www.nairaland.com/4305183/south-east-apc-leaders-beg-buhari where Igbo leaders went to visit Buhari and also asked for him to support an Igbo man for APC presidency in 2023..www.nairaland.com/attachments/6589175_presidentbuharireceivesdelegationofapcsoutheastleaderss_jpeg8b6e5f9be34faf27d53d20ed8ea7e253

After all Tinubu's effort with massive votes from South West that got APC in.. Where were the Igbos??
They voted enmasse for PDP and now want to get presidency ticket in 2023 before Yorubas that did the bulk of the work in APC.

you write good. but your thinking faculty I am so ashamed of...so a learned person can still in this pur time think like an illiterate....I am very disappointed @ this your topic and even the write up....it's no wonder people who are supposed to live in peace can never see peace...
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by DejiSantos: 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2018
Igbo people have always conrtibuted.

Have a look at the Igbo history of Arochukwu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=463L0sbXu34
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by oluwaahmed: 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Do you think an iboe man will become president of Nigeria? You better wake up. Yoruba people don't give a damn if Nigeria splits or not

Stop sounding foolish. Yoruba will lose a great deal if d country splits. All your investments of oil in d SS what will happen to them? Do u think that you will continue to own oil Wells and run oil companies in the south-south? What about your viable & prosperous sea ports? Revenue will drop drastically cos each individual nation will improve it's sea port for a comparative advantage and Lagos will not only be a port of entry. What about food. Most of the tomatoes and pepper we love to eat comes from the middle belt. Now tell me which SW state borders middle-belt? None, u will have to pass through the SE or Edo state. SE is even the closest bcoz from benue to enugu is maybe 1hour or a little more due to bad roads. Lagos will quickly lose it relevance so pls don't lie dat Yoruba don't care about secession.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by einsteine(m): 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
Alariiwo:

You are an idiot and your name is very apt: you are just a useless noisemaker.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by polygamist: 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2018
If politicians in South East have the love of their geopolitical region at heart it is now left for them to lead by example by decamping in their numbers from other parties and make APC their home thereby ensuring Igbo president after president Muhamodu Buhari. Since PDP has not and will not zone their's 2019 presidential candidacy to South East means Ndigbo will have to wait for more eight (cool years if PDP eventually took over power, as any PDP presidential candidate would love to spend two terms.
Ndigbo, the ball is now in your court. Four years or next eight years. Better support APC today. My one pence advice.
By the way I'm not a party man. I am husband to them all. Only saying what is good for Ndigbo. Now... Right now.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Benekruku(m): 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2018
GoroTango:
My own view is that in the long run, if Nigeria is to remain one single united entity, it would be impossible and infact undesirable to exclude the igbos from the presidency forever. Sooner or later their turn will have to come. It is inevitable

Very true!

But certain that its not going to be in the next 40years
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Benekruku(m): 3:36pm On Jan 23, 2018
oluwaahmed:

Stop sounding foolish. Yoruba will lose a great deal if d country splits. All your investments of oil in d SS what will happen to them? Do u think that you will continue to own oil Wells and run oil companies in the south-south? What about your viable & prosperous sea ports? Revenue will drop drastically cos each individual nation will improve it's sea port for a comparative advantage and Lagos will not only be a port of entry. What about food. Most of the tomatoes and pepper we love to eat comes from the middle belt. Now tell me which SW state borders middle-belt? None, u will have to pass through the SE or Edo state. SE is even the closest bcoz from benue to enugu is maybe 1hour or a little more due to bad roads. Lagos will quickly lose it relevance so pls don't lie dat Yoruba don't care about secession.

grin grin grin

Stop hard-drugs!

Even if Nigeria splits today, The West will forever be the commercial hub! Thats a fact. Who do you think will return to the village or glorified town you call cities? Rather they will keep getting visas and work permits to be in the West. Face reality!
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by oooduancalmdown: 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
oluwaahmed:

Iboe man, you are deceiving yourself. You are talking about oil when people are investing in technology today. Before crude oil, Yoruba people survived. Yorubaland is fertile and we have some of the biggest farms in the south west. We have natural resources like limestone, bitumen and gold. If you doubt me, check how much dangote makes yearly from limestone in ogun state. He made billions of dollars from cement. We also have oil in Ilaje land. We have all it takes to be independent. Yoruba people are huge in size so Our seaport will survive because the population. We plant yam, pepper, cocoa, maize, cocoayam, here in Yorubaland. It is you deluded iboes that like to hold on to your lies about how Yoruba people need crude oil to survive. We don't need crude oil to survive
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
Benekruku:

Very true!

But certain that its not going to be in the next 40years
What informs your opinion?
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Benekruku(m): 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2018
GoroTango:
What informs your opinion?

Hate!

This generation will pass away before that can be possible.

Any party flagging an Igbo president will be knocked out conveniently. In the first place, which party will give its presidential ticket to an Igbo man? Its a risk the big-players will never take knowing it will be a disaster. Left to my little self and and Igbo man as president. I will become the president of Nigeria. The truth is Igbo`s are disliked politically.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Ojiofor: 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2018
Alariiwo:

Is that even proper?

After Yorubas have done the work, Igbos want to sit on it.. As if they gave the party any vote in 2015.

Which work did Yoruba do for PDP in 1999 before OBJ was chosen to fly their ticket?
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Unik3030: 4:08pm On Jan 23, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Whether we contributed or not, 2023 Ndi Igbo will produce next President. If Ndi Yoruba bring in their usual greediness like Awolowo that was planning coup against the government of Tafawa/Azikiwe, then will have no other option than to return power to the North.

Yorubas can NEVER produce the President in 2023.

That is BTW, APC and their evil machinations will expire in 2019.
only if u realize that to produce president u have to align with other ethnic groups, my brother which ethnic group so u think is ready to align with an unstable igbo race who are only after cooked food. they don't care how d cooking is done. today it's atiku, tomorrow it's igbo presidency, next tomorrow it's biafra. ask yourself, what do d igbos really want?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Community Policing Is Fraud - Ike Ekweremadu / Governor Ganduje Meets Igbo Leaders In Kano, Assures Them Of Peace & Safety / Emefiele Bribes, Silences Lawmakers With Bureau De Change Licences - Sahara R.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.