Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) (53856 Views)

Couple Holds Wedding Reception At A Backyard With 7 Guests In Port Harcourt / Couple Hold Their Wedding Reception In An IDP Camp / Couple Hold Their Church Wedding And Reception At A Beach In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Koolking(m): 3:31pm On Jan 23, 2018
Classic. My ideal wedding.

Build to last
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Kennyg101: 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2018
Naija Politicians no fit do this kin wedding. Nice one
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by talk2percy(m): 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2018
Uyi168:
Selfish couple..u dnt want people to eat ur food
food dor finish for ur house and even that of ur relatives and friends ni? Master of free food! �

4 Likes

Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2018
Na d way forward ooo. The people you are cooking rice for care less oo.
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by MrRhymes101(m): 3:34pm On Jan 23, 2018
lol I anchored a wedding like this last year. That one was about 30guests tho, it was really fun but I can imagine their friends and family coming after them when they hear about the wedding later...
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by godquality: 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2018
Having a low-key wedding doesn't necessarily mean that they are struggling. It could just be how they wanted it as well.

What some doesn't know is that having a very expensive wedding means people that witnessed it have something to talk about for a while after which it's forgotten. So why spend so much? Some even borrow while others use their house rent to wed rather than pay landlord/lady

Sometimes simplicity last longer than extravagance.

God bless their union.

3 Likes

Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2018
Classy!

1 Like

Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by fifi00719(m): 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2018
My Neighbor told us it was just the Priest, his wife and him on their wedding day. The solemnisation was in the Priest's office. The next day they were off to America where he lived then. They are still happily married with lovely kids and a very big house grin

3 Likes

Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Uyi168: 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2018
talk2percy:
food dor finish for ur house and even that of ur relatives and friends ni? Master of free food! �
..wedding and burial ceremony na source of free foods for this hard time

2 Likes

Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Lonestar124: 3:39pm On Jan 23, 2018
Dis how it suppose to be done

Joy and peace will never cease in their Union
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by SilverSnow(m): 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2018
God bless their union. May the bride find peace, happiness and love in her new home, cos she is a true wife....
See all them slay queens staying away from this thread...

1 Like

Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by dingbang(m): 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2018
How many ladies can agree to this
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by omoiyalayi(m): 3:43pm On Jan 23, 2018
In some of the over elaborate wedding the woman is always the one pushing for it even if it means going into debt

Many nowadays ladies prepared more for the wedding that will last a day rather than marriage that will last a life time
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by talk2percy(m): 3:44pm On Jan 23, 2018
Uyi168:
..wedding and burial ceremony na source of free foods for this hard time
haha..abi?? Then nah serious bad market for most people nau
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2018
The people important at a wedding
The groom
The bride
The groom's parent
The bride's parent
Officiating minister or priest
Witness

1 Like

Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Uyi168: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2018
talk2percy:
haha..abi?? Then nah serious bad market for most people nau
...Yes o
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Judyvin: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2018
I guess this man need this marriage certificate for something, either travelling doc or something else and doesn't buy the idea of court marriage.
Firstly wedding on a Wednesday that is not even a festive period
secondly no officiating ministers and choristers (from the poster write up)
thirdly wedding with a purple dress in catholic, even pregnant women doesn't.
the wedding is obviously emergency as maybe to the fact that that either of them need the cert with urgency.
Nevertheless, May the Good Lord Bless the union with all that nourishes and keep home alive.
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Judyvin: 3:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
I sense almost same thing in this case, coz there are so many ways of doing wedding in a low key but not this. One mustn't do a feast after wedding before it got to the notice of people that you're married, the most important is the priest blessing the union.
fifi00719:
My Neighbor told us it was just the Priest, his wife and him on their wedding day. The solemnisation was in the Priest's office. The next day they were off to America where he lived then. They are still happily married with lovely kids and a very big house grin
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by uneducated: 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
olokeded:
A Nigerian couple have proved that less is more after their very simple wedding went viral and became a trending topic on social media.

Mr James and Mrs Blessing got married on a weekday with only 7 guests in attendance. The bride was dressed in a purple gown, not the traditional wedding dress, for her wedding. They were joined in holy matrimony in a Catholic Church and that was the end. There was no reception or any further ceremony.

The couple looked comfortable enough so it was clear they didn't have a simple wedding because of lack of funds. A witness, who was in church praying when they came in for their wedding, was impressed by this and he shared their story on social media.

Read Cyril Akpan's account of the wedding below.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-nigerian-couple-hold-simple-wedding-weekday-7-guests/

Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 23, 2018
Perfect. No need for unnecessary spending
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by GOFRONT(m): 3:58pm On Jan 23, 2018
My girlfrnd no kuku get papa n mama again.......Me sef na only Mama i get.

So i think i can Tow the path of this weddin
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by emmalord(m): 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2018
wisdoms
olokeded:
A Nigerian couple have proved that less is more after their very simple wedding went viral and became a trending topic on social media.

Mr James and Mrs Blessing got married on a weekday with only 7 guests in attendance. The bride was dressed in a purple gown, not the traditional wedding dress, for her wedding. They were joined in holy matrimony in a Catholic Church and that was the end. There was no reception or any further ceremony.

The couple looked comfortable enough so it was clear they didn't have a simple wedding because of lack of funds. A witness, who was in church praying when they came in for their wedding, was impressed by this and he shared their story on social media.

Read Cyril Akpan's account of the wedding below.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-nigerian-couple-hold-simple-wedding-weekday-7-guests/

Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by kitaatita: 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2018
My church wedding was in the Chapel; but my traditional marriage was big. I could afford the material things but not the stress involved in another round or partying. This is the 15th year and we are a fantastic couple. Most couples stress themselves to please others. Some Catholic marriages hold in the priest's office. The Church doesn't emphasis on glamour and grandeur.

1 Like

Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Mekanus(m): 4:15pm On Jan 23, 2018
This is the kinda wedding I would have done if I'm a Christian. Strictly by invitation, no invitation card no access to the hall.
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Goddyj(m): 4:19pm On Jan 23, 2018
This is how wedding should be. It was so in the beginning but the rich later turned it to something else. Now marriage is like a competition. God save us.

Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by olumidazz: 4:25pm On Jan 23, 2018
it's illegal. Legal marriages are supposed to be celebrated openly no matter how small.
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Reedahgado(f): 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2018
She is not a slay queen.
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Aslash3(f): 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2018
rawpadgin:
This is what I want

How can u expect me to spend 500k just to feed guests because say i dey marry

Thegeneralqueen, this is how ours will be o. If u don't like it tell me let me find my wayembarassed

...the annoying thing is, even if you use one million naira on food and drinks, a lot of people will still say they didn't taste anything!
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by czaratwork: 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2018
I am sure he got there and forgot his bible in exchange for the nylon bag. Akpiri
Sijo01:
Oga withness, you went to church to pray, you forgot what took you there and turned yourself into a journalist
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2018
This is lovely.
Simple, easy and less drama.

Exactly what I have in mind. smiley When bf finally ready. I just pray he eventually buys the idea on-time.
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Adefemiaderoju1: 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2018
That's how life should be made cut your shoes according to your sizes.
Re: Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) by Mintayo(m): 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2018
Wise couple. At least they are free From all those scavengers inform of guests. And also all those 'mogbo mo branch'.
People will come and eat, then leave the couple to struggle it out.
Please help save Anu... https://www.nairaland.com/4239439/please-save-sisters-life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Weds Amidst Fatal Accident Few Days To Her Wedding / The Hilarious Difference Between Bride, Groom & Bridegroom By A Nigerian Guy / Nigerian Bride Refuses To Wear Makeup On Her Wedding Day (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.