Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,480 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC (167419 Views)

Pls How Do I Play Multiplayer Games On Ppsspp / Playing Ps2 Games From A Memory Card. / Playing Ps2 Games Wit Just Flash Drives? No Lens, No Cd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 11:21am On Jul 15, 2006
crazy specs man. and totally unrealistic.
but if u had a system that good, ud be able to.

i've got a new laptop now,
Intel core Duo 1.83ghz
160Gb hdd
1gb ram
geforce Go 7600 gfx card

despite the clock speed, the dual core processor make this more powerful than a p4-D 3.8 ghz (using sandra 2005 benchmark)

yet i couldnt get really good speeds in the emulator.
if u wanna run a game try, devil may cry 3 or resident evil 4. they work, though kinda slow.

wait until its optimised!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2006
screens
Devil may cry 3 and Resident evil 4 on my ;laptop

Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2006
DMC3 looks horrible and plays slowly, resident Evil 4 is playable (barely) at 14fps average. As u can see, it looks damn gorgeous,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Jalal(m): 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2006
Wow
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by oah333(m): 8:58am On Jul 25, 2006
texazzpete:

crazy specs man. and totally unrealistic.
but if u had a system that good, ud be able to.

i've got a new laptop now,
Intel core Duo 1.83ghz
160Gb hdd
1gb ram
geforce Go 7600 gfx card

despite the clock speed, the dual core processor make this more powerful than a p4-D 3.8 ghz (using sandra 2005 benchmark)

yet i couldnt get really good speeds in the emulator.
if u want to run a game try, devil may cry 3 or resident evil 4. they work, though kind of slow.

wait until its optimised!

texazzpete:

screens
Devil may cry 3 and Resident evil 4 on my ;laptop

texazzpete:

DMC3 looks horrible and plays slowly, resident Evil 4 is playable (barely) at 14fps average. As u can see, it looks damn gorgeous,

Texazzpete, thought you swore you were not gonna be gaming no more. Anyway, I still owe you an ass-kicking in October. Train hard. Pray hard. And lest I forget, bring a good supply of hankies. You's gonna need 'em.  grin
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 10:06am On Jul 25, 2006
oah
In your wildest dreams.
You'll beg for mercy. And i will give you none!!

name the game, monsieur. Tekken, Street Fighter, Winning Eleven, Heck, even ludo!! grin
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by oah333(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2006
texazzpete:

oah
In your wildest dreams.
You'll beg for mercy. And i will give you none!!

name the game, monsieur. Tekken, Street Fighter, Winning Eleven, Heck, even ludo!! grin

Ah! Mon Ami,

As long as it ain't that ludicrous FIFA series, your ass is grass. Your fate is doomed. The days of reckoning draw near, my friend grin and they don't look too good from where I'm standing: not good at all!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 1:01pm On Jul 25, 2006
oah333:

Ah! Mon Ami,

As long as it ain't that ludicrous FIFA series, your ass is grass. Your fate is doomed. The days of reckoning draw near, my friend grin and they don't look too good from where I'm standing: not good at all!

Supercillous Jester!!
I'll break your Jaw so you can't beg for mercy grin
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by oah333(m): 9:09am On Jul 26, 2006
texazzpete:

Supercillous Jester!!
I'll break your Jaw so you can't beg for mercy grin

You might as well start admitting defeat right now, my friend. It will save you the humiliation you will receive if you keep this up. October ain't too far away  cool.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 9:57am On Jul 26, 2006
Der Nazi
By the time i'm thru with u, u'll call the Wehrmacht and the Bundeswehr to come save ur arse.
It's gonna be Oktoberfest early, mate!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Neoteny(m): 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2006
ach!! mein gott, he wont need the lame wehrmacht, he'll need otto skorzeny and truckfuls of waffen-ss and four of rommel's panzer divisions backed by a screaming horde of fuckewulfs and messerschmidts. der dumkopf! texazzpete will wipe your greasy innards all over ur monitor. heil hitler, herr texazzpete, blitz his arse come oktober.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2006
ja, herr Neoteny, That is correct!
Though i'm pretty sure lots of war casualties in poland, france and russia (as well as those who survived the hell of a pre-1943 blitzkrieg) would roll over in their graves to hear u call the Wehrmacht lame.
Skorzeny, rommel, yeah those were tough guys. No one wanted to mess with the Waffen-SS. Gott in Himmel, the SchutzStaffel were some wicked bastards. That's why stalin ordered them shot on the spot on capture.
Pity sha. for every one Rommel, there were 10 Goerings.

Plus, there are tons of WW2 games out there, but they stil manage to keep things fresh.
I know u got some coding skillz. when d'you think naija will be ripe enuff (gaming population and politically) for a biafran war game? Perhaps a BF1942 mod might be in order cheesy
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Neoteny(m): 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2006
nein, sehr. naijans dont have the requsite gallows humor to appreciate a game of biafra, hell they dont even wanna talk about it. a bit like the juden hund in that. donner und blitzen, but a game of biafra will rock. talk to codec and darkmanzero about that, those krauts are veteran code junkies.

goering? der schweinenhunde ist verboten in the grand scheme of things. for pure evil give me eichmann ( " i will gladly jump into my grave knowing i have the blood of 2 million souls on my hands" or such ), and dont forget that long nosed freak rudolf hoess and the longer nosed heydrich.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by oah333(m): 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2006
texazzpete:

Der Nazi
By the time i'm through with u, u'll call the Wehrmacht and the Bundeswehr to come save your arse.
It's going to be Oktoberfest early, mate!

Neoteny:

ach!! mein gott, he wont need the lame wehrmacht, he'll need otto skorzeny and truckfuls of waffen-ss and four of rommel's panzer divisions backed by a screaming horde of fuckewulfs and messerschmidts. der dumkopf! texazzpete will wipe your greasy innards all over your monitor. heil hitler, herr texazzpete, blitz his arse come oktober.

Seid ihr zusammen? Besser!!! Herr Texazzpete, name the game. The end result? Gleich. Egal. Same! You are going down, man! Und ich brauche nicht all that backup you mentioned. The only blitzing there will be is when you notice all your game-brain can muster returns to strike you with lightning speed. BEFORE you think it, I woulda countered it.

You know what? My victories are gonna taste so sweet because they will be garnished with your gaming innards! grin.

I wish tomorrow was Oktober.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 9:37am On Jul 27, 2006
Meeeeen

A biafran war game will totally lead to the DEATH BY LYNCHING of whoever writes it, by people who have never played a game before or even know what it is.

I would never go near there!

A game where you exclusively kill people who speak Igbo? I would never even play such a game. Besides the biafran war was only a war in the loosest sense of it. It was a massacre. A deranged madman led a poorly armed force to their deaths. Not an episode to relive under any circumstance,

ww2 games however, rock!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 11:27am On Jul 27, 2006
dakmanzero:

Meeeeen

A biafran war game will totally lead to the DEATH BY LYNCHING of whoever writes it, by people who have never played a game before or even know what it is.

I would never go near there!

A game where you exclusively kill people who speak Igbo? I would never even play such a game. Besides the biafran war was only a war in the loosest sense of it. It was a massacre. A deranged madman led a poorly armed force to their deaths. Not an episode to relive under any circumstance,

ww2 games however, rock!

not if it could be done that u could choose your own side and play a team based game, a la battlefield Vietnam. thus anyone'd be able to choose whatever side they wanted and then u could role-play all you like, bet u that most people who play with the Biafran side will be our brothers from the east.
Missions like storming the onitsha bridge (was it up then) and 'The battle of Abiriba' might feature. You might have to mod out weapons like rocket launchers and put in ogbunigwe flying mines and stuff. federal troops pack standard army rations, Biafran troops lug around parboiled lizards and pureed rodents.

As for the 'deranged madman leading troops' stuff, you're bound to get flamed by many of the people on this forum if they get a whiff of this page. strange to me why people feel so strongly abt this issue till now,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 11:48am On Jul 27, 2006
sounds like fun. but you'll be slated by the nigerian people. it's quite a touchy subject.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Neoteny(m): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2006
@darkmanzero
excclusively kill ibo? both sides were doing the killing and i dare say if the ibos had won the war by some quirky chance they would call it "liberation", not massacre. but then every war is a massacre so long as someone is losing.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2006
There are two reasons why the game would end up being anti-igbo:

1) A game that casts the player as a Biafran is on such a slippery slope as regards Nigerian law and treason that it will be very risky to cast the player as such, similar to how early ww2 games never let you play as a Nazi, and 9/11 period mideast games never let you play as an Iraqi (all changed now, thank Ghod, wrt Iraqis in battlefield 2)

2) If you represent the armies accurately, you'll end up in a scenario where the Biafrans have almost no hope of victory, in line with what I said earlier about 'deranged madmen'. If you read up the history of the war, you'll see it for what it was. Before the war even started, weapons and arms were relocated from the east, the eastern governments were starved of wealth and supply lines were blocked. The war was over before it even started. It lasted so long because of the overconfidence of the Nigerian forces, and their delay in storming Enugu. even then, the prolonged 'war' was just prolonged suffering for the Biafran people.

It was NOT a war. it was just a mass slaughter of misled and misguided individuals. The Nigerian army did not win due to superiority or being bvetter fighters or whatever. The Nigerian army won because they did not have an opponent.

I would never endorse a game based on such slaughter. Its like saying we should make a game of the holocaust or the scramble for Africa.

on a related note, r u an FPS tanner, texas pete? If you are, then maybe we should play quake 3 sometime. In case you're wondering, Ive beaten Xaero on Nightmare. Not a huge achievement, I know, but I just thought to mention it,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Neoteny(m): 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2006
@darkmanzero

bullet point one is completely valid.

bullet point two is valid only if you are seeing it from the ibo perspective.

now the most objective fact about your claim is that indeed the ibo fighters were misguided and misled, but from the beginning they did themselvs a disservice by swallowing up ojukwu's utopian goal. now im a northerner, a hausa-fulani as we are coined these days, but i dont share the silly notion that biafra was justified and i admit the suffering the ibos were subjected to should be a collective shame on nigerians. my grandad fought in the war on the side of th naija army, but he was so horrified by our version of the holocaust he came home a broken man. and he spoke of the atrocities even on his deathbed. as well, he came back with an ibo wife in tow, maybe his own idea of war bounty.
but i dare say it began as a war pretty wll enough until the ibos were overwhelmed.

on a lighter note the subject makes a perfct setting for the classic fps/survival horror. first u are severely outnumbered, second u gat limited weapons and then the terrain-oh my, all that foliage.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Neoteny(m): 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2006
those of u who still insist on playing ps2 games on pc (can't be done) can check here.

www.petitionspot.com/petitions/stps2icompbio

but u might be doing yourselves a favour by checking this first.

www.igda.org/Forums/showthread.php?threadid=9213

seems u can play ps2 games on the xbox. dont have an xbox so dunno if it works but u can check this out. www.anetforums.com/posts.aspx?ThreadIndex=30487

also seems crazy frog is about to be whacked. saw a petition calling for his murder here www.petitionspot.com/petitions/killcrazyfrog

poor bugger.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2006
someone somewhere said something about getting 14fps on some game using pcsx2. I went "Huh?!??!" and downloaded the latest version. Yet to try it out on my radeonx800xt-equipped rig, but I have no high hopes. Anyway if it is any good, I can then recommend it to all those who just wont stop clamoutong for ps2 emulation!

A survival game based on the biafran war will cast the player as a Biafran. What then happens when u finish the game? Biafra wins? how farfetched is that.

I still maintain that the war was more of a slaughter than a war. Of course in the beginning the battle woild be 'joined', but if you read about the war you'll find out that the battles were just defeat after crushing defeat. The biafrans had no mechanized armour and equipment that hardly worked, plus most of the soldiers did not have guns, and those that did has limited ammo!

The biggest problem the Nigerian forces had was the soldiers being unwilling to go risk their lives in combat, because there was simply no percieved threat to livelihood, only the immediate threaqt of being the unlucky guy who gets shot! That war should never have happened in the first place.

I wouldnt want to play a game based on that war. At least ww2 has been romanticised into a victory of the poor outnumbered goodguys against a crushing war machine (A lie. the allies eventually outproduced hitler and overwhelmed him with superior numbers and force. ), so we can delude ourselves into enjoying it and laughing at people dying with 'germanglish' screams of pain
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2006
yeah, was able to eke out 14fps from resident evil 4. check out the screenshot above. Then again, it's one of the most compatible out there so guess ppl shouldnt get their hopes up too high. I'm sure u can get more than that on ur rig.

Actually the biafran army created and operated several armoured vehicles, including tanks and APCs. a visit to the National War Museum Umuahia will show u. they had a Research and procurement (RAP) team that was responsible for the manufacture of such arms. They were so advanced, they had multiple revisions and classes of each tank and APC.
Biafran versions of Federal Field Guns were also created. Mortars, mines and other weapons of war were fabricated by the RAp group.
Funy enough, i'm an avid student of warfare opver the ages but i've never really been bothered about the nigerian Civil War. I know far more about the napoleonic battles of old than the Naija war,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 11:56pm On Jul 28, 2006
There is no ps2 emu onthe xbox, and there never will be. The xbox just doesnt have enough power to fully emulate the ps2. It struggles with N64 emulation sef.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2006
apologies if my yans made it sound like the biafran army was a ragtag bunch of yokels with primitive weapons. They were indeed an army equipped for war, and they indeed required some forms of improvisation to gain a fighting chance.

My point is that they were so starved of resources that it never amounted to much. Whatever weapons they forged were nothing in the face of a seemingly endless stream of foreign armaments let loose upon them by the Nigerians, who controlled all the ports and airfields, and all the *money*

I learned much of this by reading my dad's old civil war books (mainly compilations of newspaper stories) but there have been some posts on Nairaland that were helpful. search 'should nigeria be divided' for a flamewar between me and Afeni (smart kid! if misguided) that eventually links to some of these articles- i forget where exactly,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Neoteny(m): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2006
methinks u can never squeeze romance out of the biafran war, nor any african war for that matter. the nearest was rommel and his afrika korps campaign but then that still was world war 2. ok, the bifran war would never have happened had the ibos not insisted on secession but then again we'll be hair-splitting on an issue not even historians want to settle.
the biafrans were an army equipped for war, and the skirmish ("police action", the haughty naija officers called it) began as a war true enough, and wen the biafrans were overwhelmed it became harrowing tales of genocide and whatnot. all of a sudden the ibos began projecting and casting the blame elsewhere. u cannot seriously expect to declare a secession and expect the central govt not to flex its military muscle. anyway thats not for me to say much abt cos i try to avoid sensitive issues.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2006
Mmm. In any case i still believe that it is too sensitive an issue to make a game out of. Like making a game out of the Rwandan genocide. You will have to either misrepresent the facts, or risk stepping on many toes!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2006
the pcsx2 site says upcoming great speed improvements for ppl running pcsx2 on dual core systems. cool
that means, moi!
seems like u can dedicate one core to handle graphics and the other to handle some other thingamajiggaforsmoothemulationshyte.
Hope that wasn't too technical. Not in dakmanzero (or Neoteny's) league when it comes to technobabble & geekspeak grin

anyway, like all these coders, they refuse to say when it'd be ready,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 5:25pm On Jul 31, 2006
at times, i wonder what is it abt emulation that gets me excited? ive got a ps2 and a ps1 yet i find myself trying to get playable framerates outta my pocket pc ps1 emulator. Now trying to play final fantasy tactics at 11 fps,

Hope i outgrow this phase,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2006
you may not,

till this day i find myself tinkering obsessively with slow emulators, tweaking away and smiling warmly when i get a good framerate at low frameskip, and losing interest entirely as soon as the thing starts to work! Its an addiction I tell u. Unhealthy. My younger brother was the first to notice. Told me i spent too long tinkering with obscure emulators and never even played all the thousands of roms i amassed.

I really knew it was getting out of hand when i grew obsessive about linux, and spent entire days bashing away at command lines trying to get some obscure thing or another to work. internet access, ipod access, SMB access, emulators, xgl, quakeforge, quake2, quake3, UT on linux, acrobat reader, umbrello, *sigh*

I outgrew the linux tinkering, sha. And i cant be bothered with ps2 emulation. However the PSP has reawakened the emu bug, but this time i actually play the games! :-)
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Neoteny(m): 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2006
@texazzpete
lol,but i went all techy cos of dakmanzero.
got a c2 emulator and quake wad files for series 60. seriously roaming plutonia! and my fone runs at 7fps but frankly u couldnt tell.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2006
yeah, got that. think its name was c2doom or some such.

dakman, i feel u. tried 2 install linux on my nano last december and nearly bricked it. had 2 return it to otigba and lie that it wasnt working when i bought it. if not eh,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Real: Download Pes 2014 Mobile Game For Free Here / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? / Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.