Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC - Gaming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC (167442 Views)

Pls How Do I Play Multiplayer Games On Ppsspp / Playing Ps2 Games From A Memory Card. / Playing Ps2 Games Wit Just Flash Drives? No Lens, No Cd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dblock(m): 5:30am On Nov 07, 2006
yeah
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2006
well, for those of y'all interested, the latest version of pcsx2 is out. check it out at www.pcsx2.net
it should be faster and a whole lot more stable,
too busy now to check it out, if anyone can try check it, post some sort o compatibility list thingy.

btw, DMZ, i lost ur number when my fone crashed once more. pls txt it 2 me,
also, i spotted a 32inch CRT HDTV for like N140k. no DVi or HDMI, just component, but at that price, !
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Jalal(m): 11:12pm On Nov 20, 2006
Wow u gaming gurus gat me lost grin grin grin
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 7:06am On Nov 21, 2006
which kain forum software be dis? since when did typing B T W (short for by the way) suddenly turn to 'between'?
that's how i wanted to call someone a 'maggot' and d damn censor changed it to 'creepy-crawlie'
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 11:54am On Nov 24, 2006
go here http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php and download the file. its zipped in the 7zip format, so you'll have to decompress it by downloading 7zip.
u still do need a high-end pc to play games sha
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Wilfem(m): 12:30am On Dec 29, 2006
Hey guys, I'm aware that there's an emulator there with which one can play a Playstation on PC, and as a matter of fact, I have the Ps1 emulator, but I wouldn't know if one really needs to have a DVD Rom or Cumbo on the PC before the Ps2 emulator can work. Or has anyone ever played the Ps2 with a CD rom before? Please kindly help me out.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 11:14am On Dec 29, 2006
if u dont have a dvd rom drive, you can dump the contents of your dvd to an ISO file and use that.

However if u dont have a dvd drive in your computer it is unlikely that you will be able to run the games at a playable speed at all.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2006
dakmanzero:

if u don't have a dvd rom drive, you can dump the contents of your dvd to an ISO file and use that.

that's a catch-22. smiley
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by ravisoni: 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2007
Hi, I need GTA Liberty city stories dvd, As much I know this is for Play Station,
Can any one give it to me,
Please contact me on ravi84soni@yahoo.co.in
Thanks,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Johnis: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2007
Hello codec,

I would like to ask you  cool One PS1 game worked fine, but another didn't catch my keyboard. Nothing worked. What should i do? By the way, the working game is 2001 edition, and non-working is 1999  undecided I am using ePSXe
It would be good if you could email me Gadycad@yahoo.com . Sorry if there was the same topic smiley
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by hayprof(m): 8:03am On Jan 07, 2007
Is there any Emulator For Playing Xbox Games On my Pc?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by guseman(m): 3:42am On Jan 24, 2007
@codec,
please i need the software to play playstation 2 on mu PC.
i know you have been helping people and i beleive any other Nairalanders with this software can forward it to my box<gusemanonline@yahoo.com>
I have been trying to get the game software but, i couldnt. pls i need your help, that is why we are our brothers keepers
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2007
texazzpete:

go here http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php and download the file. its zipped in the 7zip format, so you'll have to decompress it by downloading 7zip.
u still do need a high-end pc to play games sha

What can i say? Didn't you see the post above where i specified links to the site?

*Sheesh!!*
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dblock(m): 7:08am On Jan 30, 2007
hey codec if I burnt a couple of my PS2 DVD roms with a a DVD decrypter, would it work or not wink
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by imrozshaik: 9:15am On Feb 07, 2007
i want play ps game in pc
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Broadbear: 4:28am On Feb 18, 2007
Hi there I wld like to know what r the procedures for me to play ps2 games on the pc, and what are the devices required?? issit only the ps2 controller??

& ya any pc requirements as well?? My com is running on a 2Ghz processor, 1 gb ram wif ATI Mobility Radeon X700 graphics card, will the games run smoothly??
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 5:06pm On Feb 18, 2007
Broadbear:

Hi there I would like to know what r the procedures for me to play ps2 games on the pc, and what are the devices required?? issit only the ps2 controller??

& ya any pc requirements as well?? My com is running on a 2Ghz processor, 1 gb ram with ATI Mobility Radeon X700 graphics card, will the games run smoothly??

hey there
u dont need a ps2 controller to play, any normal pc controller should work as long as u configure it with the emulator.

your laptop specs are pretty good, not the greatest but it should be good enough to get u running some ps2 games. mayb enot at full speed though, but it'll try.

go to http://www.pcsx2.net and download the emulator. read through the forums there. any unanswered questions can come back to this forum.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Neoteny(m): 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2007
i have six virtual dvd drives in my lappy, and i find that running dvd iso's/media descriptors is faster than actually running real media from a physical drive. its a bitch though geting the cd plugins to properly address those virtual drives.
with a well rounded core2 duo toshiba all we get is like 14fps in devil may cry 3, i believe the most playable ps2 game on pcsx 2. the problem is nothing to do with system resources so much as function calls to vu0 and vu1 that sadly are poorly emulated in software. at least that's wot i think. im no expert in console emu. but ive always had my misgivings when i fisrt read of the pcsx project and the fact that they had to reverse engineer a demo disc in order to fashion out a good emu. i mean, yes that tecnique works for a single layer architecture like the psone and we see the result in epsxe. but the ps2 is just too complex for such a linear emu. maybe if we lay our hands on a good debugger we may be able to found out why the blazes the emu couldnt hit at least 30fps. though at least im fairly optimistic in a year or more we may well hit at least 25fps, with better dvddrive plugins.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Broadbear: 5:01am On Feb 21, 2007
Hi texazzpete, issit true tt the same concepts works for ps2 games as PC games?? such tt the better & newer ps2 games will need a more powerful system to run.
& ya btw can we use the ps2 controller to play games on the pc as well?? anyway to attach it?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 9:51am On Feb 21, 2007
@Neoteny

Wrong! Devil may cry 3 is nowhere near the best game to test pcsx2 on.
if you really want a playable game, try Final Fantasy X or X-2. people report FPS of over 30
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 2:07am On Feb 25, 2007
yes, neot, i can corroborate what tp said

on my p4 630 3ghz ht with 1gb ram and radeon x800, ffx is playable with a good framerate.

However i just bought a ps2 and all of a sudden the emulation seems like a waste of time! Get a real ps2 and save yourself the hassle.

ps2 games are difficult to emulate because the hardware is all customised and poorly documented, and the arcitecture of the main processor is quite different from the cisc stuff the emu writers are used to working with. The emotion engine is a bitch to program for, let alone emulate.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by gbadex1(m): 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2007
aaaaarrrggghh!! Enuff with the Nerd Language!! I can't stand that sh*t!!
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by lilvonz(m): 9:27pm On Mar 06, 2007
I damn nid the cds
i am tired of ps1 cds
wanna giv it out
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by mastia: 10:33am On Mar 07, 2007
Hey hey guys, I got a mac and I was wondering if there's any PS emulator to run with the OS. SOME! PLEASE RESPOND.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by jeremyell7: 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2007
Hi there i am trying to play my ps2 game online and i got the game ?

midnight club 3
dub edition remix?
if any one knows how to play this game online please send me the website to goto and thank u for ur time?

truely yours jeremy
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by lionking3: 1:29pm On Mar 13, 2007
Hi All,

Is there any way or idea (software or any converter) to run the PC games on PS or PS2?

I have a PC game and would like to run it on my PS or PS2.

Thanks,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 8:13pm On Mar 14, 2007
mastia

install windows or linux on your mac

lots of ps1 emulators for those os's.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Nick5: 10:53am On Mar 17, 2007
YO PLZ READ CAREFULLY IF YOU CAN HELP ME, ALL I AM TRYING TO DO IS PLAY GRAND THEFT AUTO : VICE CITY ON MY COMPUTER, I HAVE THE PS2 GAME IF THAT HELPS ME AT ALL, I DONT KNOW JACK ABOUT EMULATERS OR BIOS'S OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT SO CUD SOM1 JUST TELL ME HOW I CAN PLAY THAT GAME ON MY PC FOR FREE,

E-MAIL = g.u.n.e.d.d.o.w.n@hotmail.com

AIM-SN = N1ckotbp

PS: IF IT IS A COMPLICATED PROCESS THEN PLZ INCLUDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by veeravicky: 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2007
hi,
can the ps2 emulator play pirated ps2 dvd's or it can play only original dvd's only, pls reply me, my id:veera_vicky22@yahoo.com
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by AIRENAKHO: 9:40pm On May 03, 2007
hi guy can you plis tell me how to go about it pls in details
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by SweetTemi: 5:30pm On May 25, 2007
Hi guys,i don't really know much about that but my baby brother once told me about it and he continues disturbing me to get something like that 4 him.Pls,i need an address of a place in Abuja where i could get something like that.I wish u all HAPPY AND LUVLY WEEKEND.Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Real: Download Pes 2014 Mobile Game For Free Here / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? / Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.