Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,111 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:09 AM

Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. (2084 Views)

NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April / NERC: Nigerians To Pay N36,000 And N67,000 For Electricity Meters / We Are No Longer Responsible For Electricity Meters - Discos Tell Consumers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by PStacks(m): 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2018
conservation of power is key to sustain and increase electricity generation and distribution.

Before I proceed with sharing my opinion, I would like to sample what other people think about the overall general Electricity situation in the country.
where I stay, since december last year Electricity has been 23 hours daily everyday till this day and I am wondering if the power situation had improved that much.

I shared this with some random persons I meet online and the person was of opinion that it is because I stay in a piority location.

Be that as it may, I believe electricity situation in the country has improved generally and you cant take that dint of hardwork away from the Minister in charge of Power and his boss the president that asigned him that ministry.

I mean, electricity generating capacity today is about and around 7,000megawats unlike the 4,000 that was available in the Jonathan days.
the drive and political will is there. We are seeing works on going at the Mambilla and all other sorts of tact being implored to increase and sustain electricity supply.

the essence of this thread is not to shower encomiums on the present APC government in that regards, that would be left for a later day. However I have been baffled by my recent findings.

in the last two months I have had reasons to visit 2 neighboring West African countries. Benin Republic and Niger Republic. my findings were Amazing. First and foremost was the constant supply of electricity. in Cotonue Benin repulic and in Maradi Niger republic, their electricity is constant K and it never blinks.
What I found amazing wasnt the fact that Electeicity was constant but indigenous people of both coutries alluded to the fact they knew we had power shortages in our country Nigeria while both their countries were supplied constant electricity from Nigeria.

simply put. Nigeria powers Niger Republic and Republic of Benin with constant electricity while there are deficiencies and shortages and atimes total power outage in Nigeria.

That was really ironical if you sort my opinion. well, those were what I was told and as amazing as they were, what I was told didnt amuse me as much as what I saw first hand for myself.

Considering their constant availability of power atleast in the places I visited, one would think their use of it would be excessive but rather its the other way round. In the suburbia neighborhood where I stayed in Niger, People had this very modest approach to life and nothing too ostentatious, on a whole street laden with various houses, you would hardly find any house with a source of electricity or light outside, what in Nigeria we would term "Security light".. let alone leaving them on in the day time like we do in Nigeria.if you were walking down a street where people reside in Chadwua Niger republic at say around 7pm at night, what you would think was that it was a remote village with no access whatsoever to electricity, but when you get into a compound of abode in their rooms, you find electricity and even at that, people are contious of the type of electrical appliances they used and what quantity they used per time. they regulated and controlled their use of electricity that they may pay less. for example, in say 6 bulbs over all In a house, at nights mainly, only 2 were switched on and not like other 4 werent working in other parts of the house. so, in essence what picture am I trying to paint? A picture of people that Conserve Electricity. people that have more electricity use lower amount of electricity productively and we that have lesser electricity supply use more wastefully..

People must begin to realise that sustainable electricity begins with them.

switch off bulb you arent using.
use those L.E.D bulbs, they consume less.
when your refrigerators are frozen, switch them off. It would take hours to defrost, only then again you can switch them on.
There is a way you could have electricity supply in your house and your consumption of it is next to zero which then begs the issue of "Pre-Paid Metering".

You see, there is a psychology behind metering. Because you believe you have a guage running, you want to always beat the meters or extend the time differetials inbetween payments for what you have consumed.

What this write up seeks to bring to bare is this. before all of the measures of boosting electric supply in the country yields significant rate of success every household or coporate organisation must be metered.

People should pay only based on consumption. issues of estimated billing systems gives room for a lot of fraud and corruption in the system. in Nigeria because there are no metering systems in place you see houses that use more than their capacity pay less while houses that use less than their capacity pays more.

estimated billing can never capture true usuage.To me generating more power without Metering is like fetching water in a basket.I should have thought that Pre-paid meters were mandatory, but what do we have, a case of hoarding and black market selling to highest bidder.

For us to Achieve success in our over all power situation in the country, we might have to take a look and borrow a leap from our fellow West-African countries of Niger Republic and Benin Republic by proper metering to monitor consumption right from the grassroot.

Metering goes a very long way in helping to conserve power.

In conclusion,

I would close with this Peter Drucker quote which says and I quote"You can not manage what you do not measure"... Peter Drucker.

source: https://www.omascope.com/business/wasteful-nigerians-and-their-insatiable-appetite-for-electricity
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by SalamRushdie: 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
Another fake propaganda being planted by Fasholas social media team .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by weownlagos: 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
Trash.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Nonso92(m): 5:21pm On Jan 23, 2018
Nice one op. I have lived in Benin republic, and I will tell you first hand that I have experienced uninterrupted power supply.

But about managing what you cannot measure, how can you manage what you don't have?.

You see in my area, there is no electricity.

Better mine, there is this area close to where I live, and for the past 9 years, they haven't seen a blink of electricity.

How do you explain all these to them?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by subtlemee(f): 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
Stale news....if electricity is to improve then it should begin from the minister he or she should be a corrupt free minded person....a cat cannot be a fish custodian

8 Likes

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Ever8054: 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2018
electricity has improve....you say what!!!!? when we only have electricity 2 hours in the day time 30min in the night and 2hours middle of the night...lobish

4 Likes

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by PStacks(m): 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2018
Nonso92:
Nice one op. I have lived in Benin republic, and I will tell you first hand that I have experienced uninterrupted power supply.

But about managing what you cannot measure, how can you manage what you don't have?.

You see in my area, there is no electricity.

Better mine, there is this area close to where I live, and for the past 9 years, they haven't seen a blink of electricity.

How do you explain all these to them?

Thank God someone can attest to some of my facts...

but the issues are to be faces in phases, stages and zones.

I believe with their current drive, metering should be a piority objective
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by PStacks(m): 5:37pm On Jan 23, 2018
Ever8054:
electricity has improve....you say what!!!!? when we only have electricity 2 hours in the day time 30min in the night and 2hours middle of the night...lobish

that is rationing. Find out. Either you have shortage of transformers to handle the load in your area.
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by HallaDaTruth: 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2018
It's complete foolishness for Nigerian to supply constant power to neighboring countries but starve her own citizens of it. I do not see the wisdom in that

9 Likes

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Nonso92(m): 5:45pm On Jan 23, 2018
PStacks:

Thank God someone can attest to some of my facts...

but the issues are to be faces in phases, stages and zones.

I believe with their current drive, metering should be a piority objective

You shouldn't blame Nigerians on wasting electricity.

My dad retired with NEPA, and you're right, prepaid metering would have worked, but those meters were brought in and instead of it to be distributed, they were sold to the highest bidder.

I know of a man that spent almost 50k just to get a prepaid meter in our estate, because he got tired of the bills they kept bringing every month without bringing electricity.

So OP, the fault is from the head. It has always been.

I can bet that the rate at which electricity is wasted in the US cannot be compared to what is being wasted here.

Like I said, you cannot waste what you don't have.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Omudia11: 5:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
Excuse my French but you are very foolish.
So how people use their electricity is now your problem? Thats like saying people waste too much feul by driving when they can actually walk there. Nigga even said they Nigerians use electricity ostentatiously. So electricity is luxury in your pea sized brain.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by HOLYDICK(m): 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2018
Wetin dis one is saying here?

Bros like u stated in dis ur your long ostentatious epistle up there " am wondering weda cos i stayed in a priority area" stop wondering Mr cos its the fact.....

My jobe requires me to be moving all over the country and so av experience the prejudice segregation in terms of electricity to some certain areas

Were i currently stays now i also enjoy 23 hrs of uninterrupted electricity due to the fact that EFCC AND DSS offices are all in the same area

While av stayed in some places still same state but na 2-3 hrs of light max a day

1 Like

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Ngasky(m): 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2018
This writeup is actually 100% true. We are actually wasting energy needlessly here in Nigeria. Someone qouted US above, did you know US is one of the highest energy conservative nation in the world? You can never see one red bulb in use in America. One red bulb is equivalent to 5-8 equivalent white bulb also equivalent to about 300 led bulbs in term of power consumption. Now i challenge anyone to go out in his/her neighbourhood and count how many red bulbs and how many energy saving white bulbs are there. The red bulbs are cheaper around 80-100 naira per one while the white bulb is more expensive about 300-800 naira per one, but in terms of energy red bulb consumes 100watts -200 watts, while white bulb consumes less than 30watts.
Now let me explain the above in layman's language, if you used one bulb for 12 hours every day it means for one month (30 days) you would have used it for 360 hours. Now lets compare what you should pay as utility bill for that one month at the current Nigerian rate of about N30/Kwhr
RED BULB (100watts)
100 watts X 360 = 36000 whr= 36Kwhr
Amount to pay for that single bulb = N1080.00k each month

WHITE BULB (22watts)
22 watts X 360 = 7920whr= 7.92 Kwhr
Amount to pay for that single bulb = N 237.6k each month
From the above a consumer will save
N 842.40k each Month from each bulb by choosing power saving white bulb. Now multiply this by the number of bulbs in your house and see what you are wasting

Now to the government they are supposed to make the prepaid meter a priority. Not generation of power. Because by metering all households everybody will be cautious of his power wastage. And it will make the investors in the power sector to increase their generating capacity because they only get what they delivered to the consumer no more free estimated money. And in case they didn't supply power to your homes for one month they cannot get a single naira from you just like the prepaid gsm charges.
EVERY HOUSEHOLD SHOULD BE METERED BY PREPAID METER. that's what we should prioritise in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Pavore9: 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2018
The deliberate slow pace in the installation of prepaid meters is a key issue that should be addressed likewise conscious enlightenment on the advantages of using energy saving bulbs as against the incandescent light bulbs many still use.

2 Likes

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by eTECTIVe(m): 6:13pm On Jan 23, 2018
So becos U have lite in ur area for 23hrs amounts to nationwide improvement of power?? Since u visited neighbouring countries why didn't u try visiting other areas in d same Benin before coming online to run ur mouth... Stupidity is wen a few areas enjoy 23hrs of lite like U mentioned and a greater percentage of d population can't boast of 2hrs of lite a day and yet u see it as an improvement.. D fact dat U are enjoying d comfort at d expense of millions of other Nigerians doesnt give u d right to insult their sensibilities. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is no longer jus a case of debt but also a crime. D mere fact dat u were not only generalizing on d so called power improvement but also blaming Nigerians goes to show d level of ur reasoning and d glaring bias in ur claim.

3 Likes

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by kevoh(m): 8:05pm On Jan 23, 2018
Pavore9:
The deliberate slow pace in the installation of prepaid meters is a key issue that should be addressed likewise conscious enlightenment on the advantages of using energy saving bulbs as against the incandescent light bulbs many still use.

Even in houses that have the prepaid meters already installed, so many people still bypass the meter thereby avoiding payment of electricity bills. My neighbour is an example. Dude bypassed the prepaid meter, leaves his two 1.5 hp Airconditioner 24/7 and uses those 100 watts bulb for security light which are permanently on whether there is someone in the house or not. Who knows what other appliances he turns on 24/7! These sets are worst offenders as other street neighbours on estimated billing are the ones who end up paying the power consumed.

1 Like

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by kevoh(m): 8:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
It is not true that Cotonou (Benin Republic) has never had power outage. I have stayed there for some months and they have the occasional power outage which could last up to an hour or more. Though it might not be as worse as most parts in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Pavore9: 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2018
kevoh:

Even in houses that have the prepaid meters already installed, so many people still bypass the meter thereby avoiding payment of electricity bills. My neighbour is an example. Dude bypassed the prepaid meter, leaves his two 1.5 hp Airconditioner 24/7 and uses those 100 watts bulb for security light which are permanently on whether there is someone in the house or not. Who knows what other appliances he turns on 24/7! These sets are worst offenders as other street neighbours on estimated billing are the ones who end up paying the power consumed.

This is so sad! Manipulating an already weak system.
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by PStacks(m): 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
HallaDaTruth:
It's complete foolishness for Nigerian to supply constant power to neighboring countries but starve her own citizens of it. I do not see the wisdom in that

neither do I. It really marvelled me.
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by PStacks(m): 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
Nonso92:

You shouldn't blame Nigerians on wasting electricity.

My dad retired with NEPA, and you're right, prepaid metering would have worked, but those meters were brought in and instead of it to be distributed, they were sold to the highest bidder.

I know of a man that spent almost 50k just to get a prepaid meter in our estate, because he got tired of the bills they kept bringing every month without bringing electricity.

So OP, the fault is from the head. It has always been.

I can bet that the rate at which electricity is wasted in the US cannot be compared to what is being wasted here.

Like I said, you cannot waste what you don't have.

unfortunately in the US they dont waste electricity.
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by PStacks(m): 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
HOLYDICK:
Wetin dis one is saying here?

Bros like u stated in dis ur your long ostentatious epistle up there " am wondering weda cos i stayed in a priority area" stop wondering Mr cos its the fact.....

My jobe requires me to be moving all over the country and so av experience the prejudice segregation in terms of electricity to some certain areas

Were i currently stays now i also enjoy 23 hrs of uninterrupted electricity due to the fact that EFCC AND DSS offices are all in the same area

While av stayed in some places still same state but na 2-3 hrs of light max a day

it has to start somewhere and I am glad u attested some places are getting piority now. In the past it wasnt so.
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by PStacks(m): 9:02pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ngasky:
This writeup is actually 100% true. We are actually wasting energy needlessly here in Nigeria. Someone qouted US above, did you know US is one of the highest energy conservative nation in the world? You can never see one red bulb in use in America. One red bulb is equivalent to 5-8 equivalent white bulb also equivalent to about 300 led bulbs in term of power consumption. Now i challenge anyone to go out in his/her neighbourhood and count how many red bulbs and how many energy saving white bulbs are there. The red bulbs are cheaper around 80-100 naira per one while the white bulb is more expensive about 300-800 naira per one, but in terms of energy red bulb consumes 100watts -200 watts, while white bulb consumes less than 30watts.
Now let me explain the above in layman's language, if you used one bulb for 12 hours every day it means for one month (30 days) you would have used it for 360 hours. Now lets compare what you should pay as utility bill for that one month at the current Nigerian rate of about N30/Kwhr
RED BULB (100watts)

WHITE BULB (22watts)
N 842.40k each Month from each bulb by choosing power saving white bulb. Now multiply this by the number of bulbs in your house and see what you are wasting

Now to the government they are supposed to make the prepaid meter a priority. Not generation of power. Because by metering all households everybody will be cautious of his power wastage. And it will make the investors in the power sector to increase their generating capacity because they only get what they delivered to the consumer no more free estimated money. And in case they didn't supply power to your homes for one month they cannot get a single naira from you just like the prepaid gsm charges.
EVERY HOUSEHOLD SHOULD BE METERED BY PREPAID METER. that's what we should prioritise in Nigeria

you are an detailed analytic analyst

1 Like

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by PStacks(m): 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
kevoh:

bro. I feel your pain oo.

my nebor uses 3 air conditioners and I am dead sure they cant pay the bill if they were being metered
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by gratiaeo(m): 9:26pm On Jan 24, 2018
Light is worse now compare to GEJ time
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by irynterri(f): 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2018
eTECTIVe:
So becos U have lite in ur area for 23hrs amounts to nationwide improvement of power?? Since u visited neighbouring countries why didn't u try visiting other areas in d same Benin before coming online to run ur mouth... Stupidity is wen a few areas enjoy 23hrs of lite like U mentioned and a greater percentage of d population can't boast of 2hrs of lite a day and yet u see it as an improvement.. D fact dat U are enjoying d comfort at d expense of millions of other Nigerians doesnt give u d right to insult their sensibilities. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is no longer jus a case of debt but also a crime. D mere fact dat u were not only generalizing on d so called power improvement but also blaming Nigerians goes to show d level of ur reasoning and d glaring bias in ur claim.
2 hours of light a day? if that was my case I would be grateful, where I am it's 2 days in a month, I had light last 6th & 7th of January so I'm "patiently waiting" till the 6th and 7th of February.
P. S even on those days we only get electricity from 4 pm to 3am
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by victormeg(m): 11:46pm On Jan 24, 2018
PStacks:
conservation of power is key to sustain and increase electricity generation and distribution.

Before I proceed with sharing my opinion, I would like to sample what other people think about the overall general Electricity situation in the country.
where I stay, since december last year Electricity has been 23 hours daily everyday till this day and I am wondering if the power situation had improved that much.

I shared this with some random persons I meet online and the person was of opinion that it is because I stay in a piority location.

Be that as it may, I believe electricity situation in the country has improved generally and you cant take that dint of hardwork away from the Minister in charge of Power and his boss the president that asigned him that ministry.

I mean, electricity generating capacity today is about and around 7,000megawats unlike the 4,000 that was available in the Jonathan days.
the drive and political will is there. We are seeing works on going at the Mambilla and all other sorts of tact being implored to increase and sustain electricity supply.

the essence of this thread is not to shower encomiums on the present APC government in that regards, that would be left for a later day. However I have been baffled by my recent findings.

in the last two months I have had reasons to visit 2 neighboring West African countries. Benin Republic and Niger Republic. my findings were Amazing. First and foremost was the constant supply of electricity. in Cotonue Benin repulic and in Maradi Niger republic, their electricity is constant K and it never blinks.
What I found amazing wasnt the fact that Electeicity was constant but indigenous people of both coutries alluded to the fact they knew we had power shortages in our country Nigeria while both their countries were supplied constant electricity from Nigeria.

simply put. Nigeria powers Niger Republic and Republic of Benin with constant electricity while there are deficiencies and shortages and atimes total power outage in Nigeria.

That was really ironical if you sort my opinion. well, those were what I was told and as amazing as they were, what I was told didnt amuse me as much as what I saw first hand for myself.

Considering their constant availability of power atleast in the places I visited, one would think their use of it would be excessive but rather its the other way round. In the suburbia neighborhood where I stayed in Niger, People had this very modest approach to life and nothing too ostentatious, on a whole street laden with various houses, you would hardly find any house with a source of electricity or light outside, what in Nigeria we would term "Security light".. let alone leaving them on in the day time like we do in Nigeria.if you were walking down a street where people reside in Chadwua Niger republic at say around 7pm at night, what you would think was that it was a remote village with no access whatsoever to electricity, but when you get into a compound of abode in their rooms, you find electricity and even at that, people are contious of the type of electrical appliances they used and what quantity they used per time. they regulated and controlled their use of electricity that they may pay less. for example, in say 6 bulbs over all In a house, at nights mainly, only 2 were switched on and not like other 4 werent working in other parts of the house. so, in essence what picture am I trying to paint? A picture of people that Conserve Electricity. people that have more electricity use lower amount of electricity productively and we that have lesser electricity supply use more wastefully..

People must begin to realise that sustainable electricity begins with them.

switch off bulb you arent using.
use those L.E.D bulbs, they consume less.
when your refrigerators are frozen, switch them off. It would take hours to defrost, only then again you can switch them on.
There is a way you could have electricity supply in your house and your consumption of it is next to zero which then begs the issue of "Pre-Paid Metering".

You see, there is a psychology behind metering. Because you believe you have a guage running, you want to always beat the meters or extend the time differetials inbetween payments for what you have consumed.

What this write up seeks to bring to bare is this. before all of the measures of boosting electric supply in the country yields significant rate of success every household or coporate organisation must be metered.

People should pay only based on consumption. issues of estimated billing systems gives room for a lot of fraud and corruption in the system. in Nigeria because there are no metering systems in place you see houses that use more than their capacity pay less while houses that use less than their capacity pays more.

estimated billing can never capture true usuage.To me generating more power without Metering is like fetching water in a basket.I should have thought that Pre-paid meters were mandatory, but what do we have, a case of hoarding and black market selling to highest bidder.

For us to Achieve success in our over all power situation in the country, we might have to take a look and borrow a leap from our fellow West-African countries of Niger Republic and Benin Republic by proper metering to monitor consumption right from the grassroot.

Metering goes a very long way in helping to conserve power.

In conclusion,

I would close with this Peter Drucker quote which says and I quote"You can not manage what you do not measure"... Peter Drucker.

source: https://www.omascope.com/business/wasteful-nigerians-and-their-insatiable-appetite-for-electricity
My guy the issue about Nigerians leaving lights on in the name of security light no be talk at all. In this country where security is not guaranteed, so we should leave in darkness abi? Not if your light tire you, off it Biko.when bros dem ambush you for darkness, you will understand the difference between oh oh nepa and up nepa.

3 Likes

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Nobody: 4:27am On Jan 25, 2018
Ever8054:
When you had 2hrs during the day and 30 mins at night not "we". There are many places enjoying between 6 to 23 hrs of electricity. So you should speak for your area instead of being generalistic
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 25, 2018
PStacks:

that is rationing. Find out. Either you have shortage of transformers to handle the load in your area.
There are many places experiencing rationing even though their transformers are good. A good example is Benin city( although not all areas)., Sapele Delta ,many areas in Gwagwalada,Kubwa Abuja.some areas in Warri Delta state ,calabar, Ugep,ikomi,obudu,boki,Port Harcourt just to mention few places in Nigeria
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 25, 2018
HallaDaTruth:
Thanks to the agreement among west African states.our mumu don do
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 25, 2018
Ngasky:
RED BULB (100watts)

WHITE BULB (22watts)

Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Nobody: 4:59am On Jan 25, 2018
eTECTIVe:
To a great extend he is saying the truth. But he wouldn't had said generally as that was your bone of contention. However many disco are rationing electricity in many areas and are favouring areas that pays promptly. Am very such op's area is one of such areas that is why he can boast of 23hrs electricity. Aside that, he mentioned some critical areas that the government needs to address. The part consumers are to play as well the disco company.
Re: Wasteful Nigerians And Their Insatiable Appetite For Electricity. by Nobody: 5:03am On Jan 25, 2018
kevoh:

There are metres that can't be bypass. I am blame the disco company for not be observant. How would they be when they dish estimated bills to customers. Your neighbour only capitalize on the loophole in the system to operate.Am sure you can't try that in Benin Republic or Ghana

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Is Broke. Uses Candles When Power Is Off / See Action Group's Membership Card In 1955 / My Grouse With Bukola Saraki : How He Betrayed His Father For Power - Frank Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.