Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Mrs Osinbajo Celebrate With MALLPAI Foundation - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Mrs Osinbajo Celebrate With MALLPAI Foundation (535 Views)

Seyi Awolowo, Kiki Osinbajo, White Nigerian Hang Out Together / "Not Everyone You Invite To Celebrate With Is Genuinely Happy For You" (Video) / Osinbajo & Bakare, Ganduje & Ajimobi, Dangote & Abubakar: Trending March Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mrs Osinbajo Celebrate With MALLPAI Foundation by ecamzy: 5:20pm On Jan 23, 2018
Wife of the Vice President, Dolapo Osinbajo, paid a visit to Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State, at the weekend, to attend the second annual event of Mass Literacy For The Less Privileged And The Almajiris Initiative (MALLPAI) a foundation of Governor of Kebbi state wife, Hajia Aisha Atiku Bagudu.

Mrs Osinbajo who lamented over what these streets children are going through daily, said “if they were left on streets,our nation is endanger,if they are happy,we would be happy,if they are hungry,sick,angry,they would be violence and the consequences would affect all us”. She said that both government, governors and all stakeholders should tame the menace before it goes beyond control.

Soundings poetic, Mrs. Osinbajo asked personalities, eminent Nigerians present at the Second Annual event by Mallpai to contribute to the struggle to remove Almajiris children from streets saying ” I need help, can you look at my eyes to know my needs? These children need me to assist them,can any one of you help me on my needs?”.

MALLPAI is an initiative of Hajiya Bagudu, which was established to eradicate illiteracy in communities, enrich the minds of the youth, add values to the lives of the less privileged and help develop unskilled women.

Mallpai Foundation 2nd Annual Event which was tagged "Building a sustainable Legacy on education for the Almajiris(less Privileged)"

In his remarks, the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, said illiteracy and lack of basic education remain serious obstacles to Nigeria’s overall development.
The minister, represented by the Executive Secretary, National Commission for Mass Literacy, Adult and Non-formal Education, Prof. Abba Abubakar Haladu, said the country has the highest proportion of out-of-school children.

Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State Commended  wife of the Vice- President for her of humanitarian service to uplift less privilege in society stressed that all Prophets of God preached seeking for education and render service to humanity.

He added that as stakeholders are making efforts to resolved Almajiris issues, they should not forget children of herdsmen,fishermen who don’t attend both Arabic and western schools.

(1) (Reply)

Participatory M&E For Rural Development And Community Managed Programmes Course / Best Event Promo Ever. / Miss Valentine Africa 2019...hurry Up And Register...!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.