Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

War Of Words Between El Rufai And Ben Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War Of Words Between El Rufai And Ben Bruce (472 Views)

El-Rufai And Wife, Hadiza, Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / El-Rufai And Oshiomhole At Oba Of Benin Palace / Throwback Photo Of El-Rufai And His Wife, Hadiza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

War Of Words Between El Rufai And Ben Bruce by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 24, 2018
The Governor of Kaduna State, Malam Nasir el-Rufai, has replied the representative of Bayelsa East Senatorial District, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce, in continuation of their face-off over who should get the credit for the rail modernisation project in the country.

The face-off between the two men, on Twitter, started on Friday when Murray-Bruce asked President Muhammadu Buhari to give credit to former President Goodluck Jonathan for the project.
This was based on the train ride President Buhari took from Abuja to Kaduna, where he commissioned new coaches.

He tweeted: “I hope President @MBuhari remembers to say thank you to former President @GEJonathan for the train ride he enjoyed in Kaduna. Some of us haven’t forgotten that that achievement was ENTIRELY the handiwork of the Jonathan government. Nigeria should give honour to whom honour is due.”

Reacting to the tweet, also on his Twitter handle, el-Rufai faulted the position of the senator.
He said instead of giving credit to Jonathan, he should rather be blamed for stalling the project for almost two years alongside his former boss and President, late Umaru Yar’Adua.

He said the credit should go to the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, of which Jonathan was not part of, for initiating the project.
He tweeted: “Wrong Distinguished Senator! The Obasanjo administration which Jonathan was not part of, designed, raised the financing and started the EPC of the Lagos-Kano dual track-standard gauge rail system, and the Abuja Light Rail. Yar’Adua-Jonathan stalled both projects for two years!”
But in a reply to el-Rufai, a member of the All Progressives Congress, Murray-Bruce, who is of the Peoples Democratic Party, said the governor’s response was based on his dislike for Yar’adua.
He tweeted: “Your dislike of the late Yar’adua may have clouded your judgment. I made no mention of the ‘Abuja light railway’. My tweet referred to the Abuja-Kaduna railway which IS a product of the Jonathan administration. I am happy to publicly debate this with you.”

Reacting to Murray-Bruce on Saturday, el-Rufai, who served in the PDP government of Obasanjo, tweeted: “There is nothing to debate. Facts cannot be debated. Opinions are free. While the Obasanjo administration was conceiving the rail modernization programme, Sen Ben-Bruce was organizing beauty contests and Jonathan was a deputy governor. I am not cluelessly commonsensical .

Please who do you guys believe is right. Who deserves the credit for the Abuja- Kaduna railway.

Obasanjo or Jonathan

to me I believe they both deserve the credit

Obasanjo conceived it and started it

Jonathan Continued where he stopped

What's your opinion sentiments apart .
Re: War Of Words Between El Rufai And Ben Bruce by Mariangeles(f): 12:55am On Jan 24, 2018
El Rufai was so hilariously cruel with the beauty pageant jab...that was so below the belt, it will hurt for days...Lol
Back to the topic on who was right or wrong; Who cares who started or finished the project, so long as they completed it, that is all that counts.
It's not about personal honour, it's about nation building and development...and until we change our mindset, there will always be so many unfinished projects by previous governments left to rot by the presiding governments.

1 Like

Re: War Of Words Between El Rufai And Ben Bruce by prince4pro(m): 12:58am On Jan 24, 2018
Nigeria and action film

1 Like

Re: War Of Words Between El Rufai And Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:03am On Jan 24, 2018
Mariangeles:
El Rufai was so hilariously cruel with the beauty pageant jab...that was so below the belt, it will hurt for days...Lol
Back to the topic on who was right or wrong; Who cares who started or finished the project, so long as they completed it, that is all that counts.
It's not about personal honour, it's about nation building and development...and until we change our mindset, there will always be so many unfinished projects by previous governments left to rot by the presiding governments.

You are right bro.
Re: War Of Words Between El Rufai And Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 24, 2018
prince4pro:
Nigeria and action film

" I am not clueless commonsensically " got me laughing, the finishing is awesome.

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Attack Is Jihad War Against Nigerians, Igbos Return Home Now - Ezike. / "Buhari Don't Ever Try To Run For A Second Term, You Failed Us All" - Yul Edochi / Dino Melaye Dreams Of Gov. Of Kogi State In Specially Decorated Prison Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.