Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,839 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna (1883 Views)

SuperFalcons Defender Faith Ikidi Weds (photos) / Arsenal Chase Young Nigerian Midfielder / Breaking: Arsenal Chase Yobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna by dinsky: 4:36pm On Apr 15, 2010
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=294

Arsenal  are watching the Torino defender Angelo Obinze Ogbonna.Ogbonna has played for the Italian Under 21 side and is regarded as the best player in the squad.

He was called up to the Super Eagles for the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers and for a friendly against France last June, but has yet to commit his future to Nigeria.

Turin sources say Arsenal are showing serious interest in Ogbonna as manager Arsene Wenger prepares for massive changes to his centre-half stocks.He's previously been linked with Manchester City.

Last December  his car fell from a bridge into a river in Turin. Although the accident happened in the early hours of the morning, poor visibility was the official cause, and Ogbonna was lucky to escape from the crash with just thoracic trauma. And, presumably, a severely bruised ego.
Re: Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna by chidichris(m): 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2010
is he chasing to sale or to play.
we all know wenger as a commercial coach.
he buys at 2 million and sale for 50 million.
if obinze is playing where ever he is, i will advise him to remain until serious coaches come calling.
wenger is never a serious coach rather he is a trader.
Re: Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna by SeanLewis(m): 3:12pm On Apr 19, 2010
@Chidichris u can say that Wenger is an economist and nt a trader. Its just dat he belivs in young talents. But d question here is that weda talented unexperienced players can win trophies or make things worse?

Re: Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna by chidichris(m): 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2010
@Chidichris u can say that Wenger is an economist and nt a trader. Its just dat he belivs in young talents. But d question here is that weda talented unexperienced players can win trophies or make things worse?

@Sean-Lewis,
from my id and that of urs, one can simply say who is black and who is white. am really sorry if i used the wrong words or adjectives to qualify wenger.
pls if u wouldn't mind, briefly explain or differentiate between an economist and a trader so that i will understand and use them better in my future expressions.
i quite agree with u if u say wenger believes in young talents as that has been proven by his purchase of gallas, campbell and sylvester.
instead of saying he believes in young talents, why don't u tell us he believes in cheap talents?
u know how long he wasted in buying ashravin? u know how he waited for campbell to be a free agent? u know how cheap he got gallas? u also know how much he bought sylvester? need i remind u that he has waited for years so that chamak will become a free agent?

Re: Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna by SeanLewis(m): 1:14am On Apr 26, 2010
I agree wit all u said about campbell,sylvester and gallas . Wenger bidded 4 chamakh b4 it was revealed that his contract was 1yr left and though his asking price was 10m. Wenger offered double bids 4 chamakh but d bordeaux declined d fee and this is to show dat wenger seriously bidded 4 him and nt just dat he waited to acquire him on a free transfer. I dont rily tink he waited 4 chamakh's contract to end
Re: Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna by chidichris(m): 8:25am On Apr 26, 2010
I agree wit all u said about campbell,sylvester and gallas . Wenger bidded 4 chamakh b4 it was revealed that his contract was 1yr left and though his asking price was 10m. Wenger offered double bids 4 chamakh but d bordeaux declined d fee and this is to show dat wenger seriously bidded 4 him and nt just dat he waited to acquire him on a free transfer. I dont rily tink he waited 4 chamakh's contract to end

@sean lewis,
u and i know that wenger is getting chamakh for free today because no other big teams were interested.
wenger bidded 10 million while bordeaux said 15 million. he said to them, take 10 million or i will get him free next season. what if chelsea, liverpool or man u were interested? at the end of the day, u will hear wenger saying, i nearly signed him.
u dropped campbell because of old age and after like four seasons, u still go back to him. does that not sound very funny?
we are all convienced that his gambles are not fetching him anything so it all depends on him to make a reverse or die in his pride next season.
Re: Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna by snowdrops(m): 3:45pm On Apr 26, 2010
Story story story. How come its not on any of the reputable media?
Re: Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna by Ranoscky(m): 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2010
make una leave chidichris with him basket mouth.

elenu lo lenu!
Re: Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna by deb(m): 5:03pm On Apr 28, 2010
chidichris:

is he chasing to sale or to play.
we all know wenger as a commercial coach.
he buys at 2 million and sale for 50 million.
if obinze is playing where ever he is, i will advise him to remain until serious coaches come calling.
wenger is never a serious coach rather he is a trader.

I will also do the above. You call it silly, I call it smart
Re: Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna by Ranoscky(m): 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2010
Deb

what a smart guy u are!

i'll also do the same hommie!
Re: Arsenal Chase Nigerian Defender,Obinze Ogbonna by chidichris(m): 11:03am On May 14, 2010
make una leave chidichris with him basket mouth.

elenu lo lenu!

@Ranoscky,
u are not the only under bridge child in this forum so why exposing ur short comings always.
what is it that i said here that will warrant ur insulting me?
if u do not have anything to offer, why not read and go?
it is always easy to know wayward children no matter how they pretend.
if u lack parental upbringing, u must not show it to all in public forums.

(1) (Reply)

Brand New 8ft Marble Coin-operated Snooker Table @ ₦500,000 / Gov Okorocha And Sam Okwaraji Stadium, Orlu - Before Calamity Strikes. / Meet The Professor Who Won An Online Sporting Bet Of #58milion With Just #800.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.