Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Bringing Back Maina Is Not An Issue – Malami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bringing Back Maina Is Not An Issue – Malami (292 Views)

If Nigeria Makes The Mistake Of Bringing Back Buhari In 2019 - FFK / Buhari Ordered AGF Malami To Meet With Me, Ensure My Reinstatement – Maina / "EFCC Knows Where Maina Is" - Dennis Amacree, Ex-DSS Director (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Bringing Back Maina Is Not An Issue – Malami by PMBNG(m): 9:03am On Jan 26, 2018
THE Attorney General of the federation and minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has said the reinstatement of former pension czar, Abdulrasheed Maina is not an issue.

The minister stated this in a discussion with TheInterview.

When asked what prompted his role in the scandal, Malami who said he doesn’t regret meeting with Maina in the United Arab Emirates insist that whatever role he played, in the latter’s case was done solely in public interest.

“The office of the Attorney General is the custodian of public interest and if the public interest demands that I should bring Maina back for the purpose of enhancing the capacity of the office to prosecute the pension syndicate, I could unilaterally exercise that decision. That decision has been vested in the office of the Attorney General. The idea of bringing Maina back is not an issue provided it is done in public interest, if indeed I have taken steps to do that.

“If a hundred Mainas that believe they have information to offer as far as the protection of national interest is concerned, I will meet them and I will do so again,” he said.

He also dismissed rumors making round that he intends to contest for the governorship election of his State, Kebbi, in the coming general election.

https://www.headlineng.com/bringing-back-maina-not-issue-malami/
Re: Bringing Back Maina Is Not An Issue – Malami by Mynd44: 9:09am On Jan 26, 2018

(1)

Other Parties Should Also Submit Their Own Recommendations On Federalism / Police Ought To Be Neutral And Protect All / Lagos State Political Apppointments For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.