Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense (2626 Views)

Armour Of God: The 7 Pieces! Need 10 More Views. Made it, thank you. / Lady Converts Masquerader To Christianity, Makes Him Remove His Costume / Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by Tallesty1(m): 10:38am On Jan 27, 2018
Omudia11:
They have no reasonable answer my dear.

These ones are militant atheists just like that Chinese leader who killed 78million people.
And yet they won't let us be

1 Like

Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by Tozara(m): 10:55am On Jan 27, 2018
Tallesty1:
Can you highlight how I being a Christian affects the society negatively ?
You'll brainwash your children with toxic beliefs that CAN harm them. Their pastors will do the same. Their teachers the same thing. And elders in the family too! Even you can cause harm to others or to yourself.

Being a liberal Christian is healthy, of course. But there's always the risk/danger/possibility of becoming a fundamentalist, since you're still on the Christian spectrum, however SELECTIVE you are of Christianity's ridiculous, bullshit teachings.

Here are some dangers of Christianity:

1) It teaches the concept of GRACE, and tells you that the most wicked, heartless, heinous crimes can be forgiven, as long as you repent. You can find out what horror this single sick belief contributed to the history of Christianity.

2) Teaches faith healing----this has caused countless deaths, and many helpless people have been led to their graves because they were unfortunate enough to have Christians who choose to follow Jesus' nonsense word by word as family members or guardians.

3) People get unmerited favours through the back door (nepotism and cronyism) and attribute it to God's grace and mercy.

4) Abraham is revered in Christianity for obeying God who ordered him to kill his son, without questioning the morality of such an order. Is this a role model?! The most revered Father of Faith?! He was ready to prove his obedience to God by showing that he would do anything to please him, no matter how grotesque, even though he had no idea if the voice in his head was who he claimed to be. On what basis would you criticize anyone for emulating this man......

5).......since all he has to do is tell you that "God asked me to do it"? That's another danger of faith----believing that God talks to people and gives them instructions, and you must take their word for it.

6) Pastors threaten people with curses in order to part them with their money, by capitalizing on their insane beliefs. This is criminal.

7) Pastors cause conflicts in families by accusing a family member of being behind another's misfortune. Is this healthy?

It goes on and on.

We have to disabuse people's mind of beliefs that lead to these dangerous orientations. If they all go mad, even we won't be safe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by Tallesty1(m): 11:17am On Jan 27, 2018
Tozara:
You'll brainwash your children with toxic beliefs that CAN harm them. Their pastors will do the same. Their teachers the same thing. And elders in the family too! Even you can cause harm to others or to yourself.
This is an unfounded generalization y'know. I was brought by Christian parents and it didn't stop me from being the the type of Christian that I am.
Tozara:

Being a liberal Christian is healthy, of course. But there's always the risk/danger/possibility of becoming a fundamentalist, since you're still on the Christian spectrum, however SELECTIVE you are of Christianity's ridiculous, bullshit teachings.
Another random premature conclusion. We are humans and so therefore we are fallible so can you please tell me something on earth that doesn't pose a threat to anyone?
Tozara:

Here are some dangers of Christianity:

1) It teaches the concept of GRACE, and tells you that the most wicked, heartless, heinous crimes can be forgiven, as long as you repent. You can find out what horror this single sick belief contributed to the history of Christianity.
You obviously lack basic understanding of the concept of grace and forgiveness. Let's not talk about that.
Tozara:

2) Teaches faith healing----this has caused countless deaths, and many helpless people have been led to their grave because they were unfortunate enough to have Christians who choose to follow Jesus' nonsense word by word as family members or guardians.
I was born with a useless left hand. It was just hanging there, I don't feel its existence neither could I do anything with. Hospital couldn't wake it, they told my mum that I will be fine with just the right. Today it's as good as the right though you can still notice it's little bending on a closer observation but it is as good as my right. How I got healed miraculously isn't something that I will detail out. This thing that I sharing with you here, I have never told anyone who didn't know me when I was young.

With this supposed dead left hand, I trained in a kungfu and graded many belts. My last was blue though and I was going to contest for brown when I left the village. So sir, miracle healing is real.
Tozara:

3) People get unmerited favours through the back door (nepotism and cronyism) and attribute it to God's grace and mercy.
This doesn't disprove the fact that people get unmerited favors.
Tozara:

4) Abraham is revered in Christianity for obeying God who ordered him to kill his son, without questioning the morality of such an order. Is this a role model?! The most revered Father of Faith?! He was ready to prove his obedience to God by showing that he would do anything to please him, no matter how grotesque, even though he had no idea if the voice in his head was who he claimed to be. On what basis would you criticize anyone for emulating this man......

5).......since all he has to do is tell you that "God asked me to do it"? That's another danger of faith----believing that God talks to people and gives them instructions, and you must take their word for it.

6) Pastors threaten people with curses in order to part them with their money, by capitalizing on their insane beliefs. This is criminal.

7) Pastors cause conflicts in families by accusing a family member of being behind another's misfortune. Is this healthy?

It goes on and on.

We have to disabuse people's mind of beliefs that lead to these dangerous orientations. If they all go mad, even we won't be safe.
I asked you how my being a Christian affects the society sir.

I answered those that concerns me directly.
Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by Tozara(m): 11:32am On Jan 27, 2018
Tallesty1:
This is an unfounded generalization y'know. I was brought by Christian parents and it didn't stop me from being the the type of Christian that I am.
You got me wrong! I already defined you as a liberal Christian and admitted it was healthy. The problem is the fundamentals of the religion itself and the kind of shiit the Holy Book contains. While you lot cherrypick what suits you, there are those who're fiercely honest about their beliefs and put it fully into practice. They can be dangerous.

Another random premature conclusion. We are humans and so therefore we are fallible so can you please tell me something on earth that doesn't pose a threat to anyone?
Yes, we're fallible. But certain ideas are dangerous, and if we can get rid of them, why shouldn't we? A member of the Taliban, for example, is more dangerous than either of us because of his ideology.

You obviously lack basic understanding of the concept of grace and forgiveness. Let's not talk about that.
It is a very flawed concept that incentivizes wickedness and evil. Repentance is enough to exonerate any sick bastard. That isn't a healthy belief.

I was born with a useless left hand. It was just hanging there, I don't feel its existence neither could I do anything with. Hospital couldn't wake it, they told my mum that I will be fine with just the right. Today it's as good as the right though you can still notice it's little bending on a closer observation but it is as good as my right. How I got healed miraculously isn't something that I will detail out. This thing that I sharing with you here, I have never told anyone who didn't know me when I was young.

With this supposed dead left hand, I trained in a kungfu and graded many belts. My last was blue though and I was going to contest for brown when I left the village. So sir, miracle healing is real.
That you don't know how it happened doesn't make it a miracle.

This doesn't disprove the fact that people get unmerited favors.
It's an unmeritorious concept that shouldn't even be given the time of the day in a society that celebrates merit and fairness.

I asked you how my being a Christian affects the society sir.

I answered those that concerns me directly.
You're not Christianity. The BIBLE and the FUNDAMENTALS OF THE RELIGION are the STANDARDS. Some people are NOMINALLY Christian.
Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

ABSOLUTE NONSENSE.
This is your opinion and I respect it. I hope some day soon, you will understand the sense in this.
Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by adepeter2027(m): 11:38am On Jan 27, 2018
candy:

This is your opinion and I respect it. I hope some day soon, you will understand the sense in this.
Hope you will understand someday that "donkeys and serpents don't talk"
Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by Eyedea(m): 12:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
Please know that God doesn't want you to perish but he wouldn't mind sending you to hell though
He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
2 peter 3:8
Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
adepeter2027:

Hope you will understand someday that "donkeys and serpents don't talk"
Holy spirit fall on you tongue
Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by adepeter2027(m): 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2018
candy:
Holy spirit fall on you tongue
Holy spirit fly out you too tongue
Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by Omudia11: 4:43pm On Jan 27, 2018
Couldn't read that long thrash. [s]
Tozara:
Fool. No wonder you're retãrded enough to believe in Jesus. The family is the heart of society, and what goes on in it should be everyone's fücking business. It's high time people took interest in that hot potato subject. After all, children are people with their own minds and are not owned by their parents. It's our business how kids are raised because what they grow up to become affects society, not only the parents. If your children become a nuisance, it's the state that would be wasting resources for your failure and packing the pieces, not you, ignorant buffoon.

It's because people mind their business too much that Boko Haram happened

It's because people mind their business a lot, that a lot of mentally ill bastards raised by morons inject toxins in the life-blood of the nation

It's because people mind their business too much that we have broken kids littering the streets and having the state's resources drained just to pay for a criminal justice system. Idiot.

And it's because people mind their business too much that a fool like you was raised to come and irritate my brain cells this morning. Fücking ignorant Christard.

21st Century illiterate! No rule says being concerned about one thing automatically excludes other things in your list of priorities. You're really an uneducated, moronic half-breed of a human being.

Go back to class, mayne! Common Entrance Exams are around the corner.
[/s]
Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by danvon(m): 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2018
grin see how atheist are displaying their usual confusion all this argument for an imagination.. Keep going keep going

The topic should have been ten reasons why atheism makes no sense
number 1: This thread was created
Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by Tozara(m): 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
Omudia11:
Couldn't read that long thrash.
You're not intelligent enough to comprehend it. That's what Christardinity does to the brain.
Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by Tohzara(m): 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2018
Omudia~11:
Per the bolded. Is this what atheists have been reduced to?

Is it your business how someone chooses to raise their own kids? Are you that frustrated in Life? Now I see reasons why Buhari really has to go. So this is what Buhari's regime has done to people's thought processes?
Tozara: Fool. No wonder you're retãrded enough to believe in Jesus. The family is the heart of society, and what goes on in it should be everyone's fücking business. It's high time people took interest in that hot potato subject. After all, children are people with their own minds and are not owned by their parents. It's our business how kids are raised because what they grow up to become affects society, not only the parents. If your children become a nuisance, it's the state that would be wasting resources for your failure and packing the pieces, not you, ignorant buffoon.

It's because people mind their business too much that Boko Haram happened.

It's because people mind their business a lot, that a lot of mentally ill bastards raised by morons inject toxins in the life-blood of the nation.

It's because people mind their business too much that we have broken kids littering the streets and having the state's resources drained just to pay for a criminal justice system. Idiot.

And it's because people mind their business too much that a fool like you was raised to come and irritate my brain cells this morning. Fücking ignorant Christard.

Omuda~11:
In this day and age when people are thinking of achieving success in Life, you're only concerned about keeping parents from instilling Christian doctrines into their kids especially when those doctrines include Love, freedom of speech, right to life etc. You're truly finished.
Tozara: 21st Century illiterate! No rule says being concerned about one thing automatically excludes other things in your list of priorities. You're really an uneducated, moronic half-breed of a human being.

Go back to class, mayne! Common Entrance Exams are around the corner.
Re: 10 More Reasons Christianity Makes Zero Sense by davesd: 2:02pm On Jan 28, 2018
pls I need Christian books (PDF) for my spiritual growth. If you have any, you can send through this email: saawuandavid@gmail.com. thanks for your concern in advance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Missing Books of the New Testament / Israel Killed Their Own Prophets And They Killed Jesus Too / Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.