Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World (36422 Views)

Top 10 Most Demand Tech Skills In 2022 / The 10 Most Dangerous Waters In The World / 10 Most Deadliest Animals In The World Number 1 And 4 Will Surprise You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by classicfrank4u(m): 3:06pm On Jan 26, 2018
Type 1 diabetics rely on injections of a certain life-saving liquid called insulin. But have you ever wondered what the exact cost of insulin is? And how does it weigh in (per gallon) against the most expensive liquids in the world? Hint: It’s a heavy weight! Let’s take a look, shall we?

10. Human Blood: $1,500 per gallon
The actual acquiring of human blood isn’t all that difficult, considering we all have it! However, the processing of the blood after donation can be very expensive depending on where in the world the buying and selling of it is occurring.

9. Gamma Hydroxybutyric Acid (GHB): $2,500 per gallon
Depression, insomnia, and narcolepsy are just three of the disorders that GHB can be used to treat – as it is commonly used as an anesthetic in medicine. It is found in the human central nervous system.
GHB is also well known by its nick name when used illegally: the “date rape drug.”

8. Black Printer Ink $2,700 per gallon
No matter the price of your printer itself, the printer’s ink always costs far more, and the manufacturer for each printer and its corresponding ink is the one and the same.

7. Mercury $3,400 per gallon

Mercury is not as widely used in the production of medical tools (such as thermometers) as it used to be due to its toxicity. However, it remains to be the only liquid metal that remains liquid at room temperature, it can be used to conduct electricity, and in vapor form it is used in street lighting and fluorescent bulbs.

6. Insulin $9,400* per gallon
Insulin is very expensive to produce in its biosynthetic form. As we know – (or should know!) insulin is a hormone naturally produced by healthy pancreases.
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association , insulin prices tripled between 2002-2013 and seem to be steadily on the rise. A more affordable way to produce insulin is reportedly in development, introducing the human gene into plants to then produce it themselves.
*The price of $9,400 per gallon was published by HF Magazine, though any PWD out there can do the math themselves…we’ve seen conclusions ranging from $15,000 – $100,000.

5. Chanel No. 5 $26,000 per gallon
One of the most widely known fragrances in the world, Chanel No. 5 was first produced in 1922 through the collaboration of chemist, Ernest Beaux, and Coco Chanel. Coco Chanel selected vial #5 of the samples that Beaux presented her with, due to her fondness for the number 5. The name was kept.

4. Horseshoe Crab Blood $60,000 per gallon
The blood of horseshoe crabs is used and harvested in high quantities today to test that a wide range of medical products are not contaminated. Horseshoe crab blood is blue in color, and its unique response to bacterial toxins was discovered over 50 years ago.

3. Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) $123,000 per gallon
Very widely used in the 1960s as a hallucinogenic drug, LSD is made from the crystalline compound, Lysergic acid, prepared from natural ergot alkaloids. Just one gallon of LSD would provide enough hallucinogens for approximately 55,000 people.

2. King Cobra Venom $153,000 per gallon
With venom capable of killing a full gown elephant, the King Cobra is the most poisonous snake known to the world.
The King cobra’s venom also contains a unique protein called ohanin. Ohanin is being used today in the form of a painkiller that is 20 times more potent than morphine.

1. Scorpion Venom $39,000,000 per gallon
Scorpions use their venom as a defense against predators and to kill prey, but only 25 species of scorpion have venom that would be lethal to humans.
The protein found in scorpion venom, however, can be used to treat pain in humans who suffer from multiple sclerosis (MS), inflammatory bowel disease, and rheumatoid arthritis.

https://beyondtype1.org/the-10-most-expensive-liquids-in-the-world/

65 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by LAFO: 3:28pm On Jan 26, 2018

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Sirkelvin: 3:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
Nice piece

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Okaakoko(m): 7:51am On Jan 27, 2018
Where can I sell king cobra's venom?

12 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by KGBEAST(m): 10:00am On Jan 28, 2018
Okaakoko:
Lalasticlala should know grin grin grin grin

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Sweetcollins: 5:45am On Jan 29, 2018
Let the hunt for scorpion begin

13 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by zainabicy: 5:45am On Jan 29, 2018
In Naija, it is coconut oil, petrol and peak milk !

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by KangaIye: 5:47am On Jan 29, 2018
My Urine is dam expensive, I do pay 50 naira at Iyana Ipaja any time I want to release it. tongue

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Diso60090(m): 5:50am On Jan 29, 2018
Okaakoko:

You nor get village?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by pol23: 5:50am On Jan 29, 2018
This is some sweet things to know...especially the King Cobra Venom...
Even a lethal venom has some good in it... How come Buhari doesn't have 0.0001 % of good in him?
The OP and Mod tried for bringing this stuffs up here,But I suggest na Snake cary this thread to the promise land(lala knows better,whatever covenant Lala have with snake is broken in Pharaoh's name)

And to all this yeye blogger that will force #BBN thrash down our throat...I say your father in Advance.
Nairaland should push more interesting thread down to the FP.. not all this "Tokemakinwa in red shirt","Davido reply a Fan in a funny tweet"
STOP THAT NONSENSE.

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by otijah(m): 5:50am On Jan 29, 2018
H2o is very costly in my area oo, 2million to drill one borehole

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by uboma(m): 5:51am On Jan 29, 2018
Interesting piece of information.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by ichidodo: 5:52am On Jan 29, 2018
What bout dragon's blood venom?....We heard it bestows immortality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by OLAplusONE(m): 5:53am On Jan 29, 2018
Definitely all those mixtures by supposed " science students" which destroys their lives in a twinkle of an eye, isn't even expensive at all...

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Flexherbal(m): 5:53am On Jan 29, 2018
The more scarce a thing is, the more expensive it becomes!

9 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Jeffrey12(m): 5:54am On Jan 29, 2018
ohk.... make i better start to rear scorpions..

LET THE HUNT BEGIN!!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Rhaspody(m): 5:55am On Jan 29, 2018
Abeg who want buy scorpion Vernon. I just dey see them anyhow these days
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by ficons: 5:55am On Jan 29, 2018
Good lecture

12 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by phoenix23401(m): 5:55am On Jan 29, 2018
Liquid deep tge south african artistes
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by cooljude(m): 5:56am On Jan 29, 2018
King Cobra's venom isn't the most poisonous, it delivers its venom in a very large dose.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by rawpadgin(m): 5:57am On Jan 29, 2018
Was expecting the see crude oil

Op, we only know how to get the cobra & scorpion venom but they are too dangerous

How & where can we get the rest

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by MrRhymes101(m): 5:58am On Jan 29, 2018
Cobra's venom used as pain killer? What an irony... Wedding MC
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by wellmax(m): 6:00am On Jan 29, 2018
Whao. Cool. Thanks Op
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by KingBelieve: 6:01am On Jan 29, 2018
Sweetcollins:
Let the hunt for scorpion begin

Funny how I kill scorpion everyday where I served as a Corp member in Delta State

4 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 29, 2018
Here we go again
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 29, 2018
I dey book next flight now to my village, scorpion full there. I think it's time to buy the Tesla. grin

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by afezy110(m): 6:06am On Jan 29, 2018
sperm nko grin

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Kobicove(m): 6:09am On Jan 29, 2018
I wonder how many scorpions it would take to get 1 gallon of venom? cheesy

8 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by prettyboy5: 6:09am On Jan 29, 2018
Who told you that crap that the king Cobra's venom is the most poisonous? It only has the most plenty venom in volume possessed within the snake.

The most poisonous venoms remain that of the very non aggressive Belcher sea snake and for terrestrial snakes its the snake called inland Taipan, its a snake in Australia.

The Belcher sea snake is the boss, it teaches me a lot if things, despite having a venom 100 times more venomous that most venomous terrestrial snakes, it rarely attacks humans, and on rare occasions that it bites humans, it rarely releases its venom.

Just few milligrams of its venom, it would be enough to kill over 100 men. And funny thing is that this snake is so elusive and non aggressive, telling you that those who have a lot inside them don't make noise or go about bragging.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by zidek(m): 6:09am On Jan 29, 2018
I did not see my urine there, check my urine, if u wanna be rich! Coming to front page this early morning, thinking Nairalander are still sleeping!
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by DoTheNeedful: 6:10am On Jan 29, 2018
So with just a gallon of scorpion venom, I would be a billionaire in naira. sad. Na to start breeding scorpions sure pass money rituals... grin

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World by Benblaq(m): 6:12am On Jan 29, 2018
FUEL NO DEY THE LIST..i no agree

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Wraps Himself With Snakes / Goat Born In Minna Without Nose And Only One Eye (Photos) / Businessman Kills And Eats Crocodile In Imo - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.