Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy (21241 Views)

❗Inspecting A Vehicle At Pre-Purchase Is A Different Ball Game❗❗❗ / Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? / 10 Important Things To Check Regularly In Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by bettercreature(m): 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2018
kenex4ever:
what about the other two points he made?

You still need to check the tyres, if too bad then he will have to reduce the price
You can negotiate to reduce the price because of bad tyres but you can not tell him to change it
About his second point,you can only carry out physical inspection no dealer will allow you to use machine to test the engine.
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by bettercreature(m): 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2018
kenex4ever:
what about the other two points he made?

You still need to check the tyres, if too bad then he will have to reduce the price
You can negotiate to reduce the price because of bad tyres but you can not tell him to change it
About his second point,you can only carry out physical inspection no dealer will allow you to use machine to test the engine.
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by dayjee: 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2018
Thanks for the tips OP.... very helpful.
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by pejuakinab: 6:02pm On Jan 26, 2018
Your statement just depict the similarities in your brain and that of your father, buhari. Go and die

johnnyn1:

Same way Mod should have tested ur brain before admitting you here tongue
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by Trustme2(m): 6:03pm On Jan 26, 2018
fasho01:
Get the VIN of the car and Google it for the car history to make sure you ain't buying an accidented car
Forget most Tokumbo cars in Nigeria are accidentrd. Clean title cars are more expensive so dealers work on those accident vehicle and sell to you
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by fasho01(m): 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2018
Trustme2:

Forget most Tokumbo cars in Nigeria are accidentrd. Clean title cars are more expensive so dealers work on those accident vehicle and sell to you

You're are absolutely right. I have never come across a car from a dealer that doesn't have a bad abroad history.

Just thought it was coincidental and never thought of it this way.

Question is, are these accidented cars properly worked on to reduce the risk of danger when used here? I once gambled on a Toyota muscle only to find out the airbags chamber was empty. In the case of an accident, na straight road to baba God be that

1 Like

Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by nairaswipe: 6:39pm On Jan 26, 2018
Dear Clients,

We need Bitcoin and PerfectMoney in Our reserves. We are offering best buying and selling rates in the market.

Sell Bitcoin to us @ N360/$
Sell PerfectMoney to us @ N360/$

Check our website to see our price list of other products. Thanks for choosing nairaswipe.com. For more information, enquiries and complaints. Kindly contact us with our details below:-

Tel: +234 806 451 5190, +234 807 764 3196
WhatsApp: 08064515190
BBM: nairaswp
Twitter: @nairaswipe

Turdipukku:
[b]��IT'S TIME TO MAKE MONEY PEOPLE!
IF YOU ARE NOT DOING BUSINESS WITH RUPSIODU IT MEANS YOU NEVER START ,PLEASE HIDE YOUR FACE

�PRICE UPDATE FOR THE FOLLOWING MARKETS �

✔itunes giftcard 200/$ 
✔STEAM GIFT CARD 210/$
✔AMAZON GIFTCARDS ALSO

�DONT SEND ME USED CARDS
�YOU CAN SEND MORE THAN $100 IN ONE CARD
�BE SURE OF YOUR ACCOUNT LIMIT IF AM PAYING YOU ABOVE 1 MILLON TO AVOID DELAY
� I MIGHT ACCEPT E-CODE,ASK ME FIRST. .

✅FAST TRADE AVAILABLE 24/7

�DM ME ON WHATSAPP ASAP LETS DO BUSINESS WITH PEACE OF MIND . STAY AWAY FROM STORIE
0 8 12.9 4. 88 3.06

Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by Trustme2(m): 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2018
fasho01:

You're are absolutely right. I have never come across a car from a dealer that doesn't have a bad abroad history.

Just thought it was coincidental and never thought of it this way.

Question is, are these accidented cars properly worked on to reduce the risk of danger when used here? I once gambled on a Toyota muscle only to find out the airbags chamber was empty. In the case of an accident, na straight road to baba God be that
It depends on the level of damage. Repairs abroad are usually very expensive and so most of those cars are usually auctioned and exported to Nigeria. In some cases tgr damage may not be life threatening like the deployment of airbag. It also depends on the area of impact. Either thr side front or back. If it's front impact just replace airbag and you're good to go

1 Like

Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by johnnyn1(m): 7:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
pejuakinab:
Your statement just depict the similarities in your brain and that of your father, buhari. Go and die

So Buhari is the almighty of your problem?
Rubbish insolence. Everything na buhari?
I can't be giving you attention sef.
Bleep off tongue
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by spencekat(m): 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2018
Papiikush:
You didn't add these important points

Check the tires... Most dealers use expired tires.

Check the mileage.

Take a mechanic along to run a diagnosis on the engine
A trusted mechanic
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by spencekat(m): 8:22pm On Jan 26, 2018
4kimportX:
most important tip..take a mechanic along wink
Infact,take a car scanner along.Also,the mechanic must be a trusted one.
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by AvailableCofOLa(m): 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2018
Nice tips.
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by eagleonearth(m): 8:55pm On Jan 26, 2018
LAFO:
[img]https://media1./images/5aae206989260373fa704f34a1ac91b0/tenor.gif?itemid=3576538[/img]
"you be strong man" na wetin DAT oyinbo dey talk
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by DaCharis2016: 9:12pm On Jan 26, 2018
nadalion:
FTC, special dedication to all the hustlers out there
Kindly explain no. 6 further.
And what kind of car can 250-300k naira buy now?
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by pacespot(m): 2:44am On Jan 27, 2018
Nice tips, thanks
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by computerglobal(m): 7:25am On Jan 27, 2018
Obtaining an accurate, up-to-date vehicle history report (VHR) is an important part of buying a used car. It gives valuable insight into potential issues the vehicle may have, previous owners, and maintenance and repairs

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

Send Your vin To Email : computerglobaltech at gmail dot com
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by phoexix: 9:32am On Jan 27, 2018
Good one. Well noted.
Re: 10 Important Tips On Inspecting A Car You Want To Buy by smartistics(m): 4:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
Did someone said check mileage. Many cars brought into Nigeria has mileage reduce, infact I have witnessed some by myself.

A used car can have a high mileage with good engine performance if well maintained. Combustion engines dies off mostly due to poor maintenance and not long usage.

As for tyres, check if they are still okay. Remember the seller Can only reduced price for bad tyres at his own discretion because your own maintenance begins from there.

If you love that car then buy it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rolls-Royce Can't Keep Up With Demand For The Cullinan / For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder / 5 Real Reasons Car Importation Through Land Border Was Banned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.