Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! (16326 Views)

Hameed Ibrahim Ali Flies Jet To Lagos (Photos) / Welcome To Hell (graphic, Very Disturbing Photos) / A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by chamotex(m): 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2010
funkybaby:

u bleed them well, treat them wel, respect them, yet, they play sneaky games with another 'lemonade' puss  grin

where is the evidence for this? cheesy
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by Sauron1: 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2010
funkybaby:

did you miss the ''dear'' and ''luv u'' in the second text message.  angry

i guess that does not qualify as cheating abi?

"Dear" and "Love You"??
So if i write those to any babe, she has cheated?
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by funkybaby(f): 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2010
chic2pimp:

But seriously though, ain't that dude just reaping y'all off? undecided
Dude has a plane shocked shocked shocked for crying out loud

giving offering and tithes at church is another issue entirely and am not ready to start a debate on that

tithes, offering, seed sowing, etc are individual committments to God/the church. . . . if you do not want to donate your 5 naira to the church, then leave it in your pocket. but dont judge or condemn the 1 million people that are donating their 5 naira. and like i said, we aint complaining.  grin
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by funkybaby(f): 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2010
chamotex:

where is the evidence for this? cheesy

grin grin grin
evidence ke?

ok.

so, where do i start from  . . . . .

his moans and screams. . . . grin grin grin
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by funkybaby(f): 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2010
~Sauron~:

"Dear" and "Love You"??
So if i write those to any babe, she has cheated?

you have some explaining to do ! smiley
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by chamotex(m): 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2010
funkybaby:

grin grin grin
evidence ke?

ok.

so, where do i start from  . . . . .

his moans and screams. . . . grin grin grin

It's a lie jor
We fake them too you know . . . . . just to make y'all happy
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by funkybaby(f): 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2010
chamotex:

It's a lie jor
We fake them too you know . . . . . just to make y'all happy

fake screams? nah !

not the man i am with grin
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by denzel2009: 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2010
funkybaby:

fake screams? nah !

not the man i am with grin

What kind of machine man is that? I thought you are still searching for the prince? wink
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by chamotex(m): 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2010
funkybaby:

fake screams? nah !

not the man i am with  grin

Just beacuse he was saying "Make it funky for me" or " Funky! Funky!! Funky!!!"
He's prolly singing that new funky/garage tune . . .don't get it twisted.
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by Sauron1: 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2010
funkybaby:

you have some explaining to do ! smiley

Funkybaby, when are you inviting me to come read your SMS?
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by funkybaby(f): 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2010
chamotex:

Just beacuse he was saying "Make it funky for me" or " Funky! Funky!! Funky!!!"
He's prolly singing that new funky/garage tune . . .don't get it twisted.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
he does not call me funky jare !
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by bluespice(f): 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2010
awwwww i missed today's own sad
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by funkybaby(f): 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2010
~Sauron~:

Funkybaby, when are you inviting me to come read your SMS?

why must you read mine? let me read yours first  grin
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by funkybaby(f): 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2010
denzel2009:

What kind of machine man is that? I thought you are still searching for the prince? wink

grin grin grin
yes oh. am still frog kissing grin
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by Sauron1: 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2010
funkybaby:

why must you read mine? let me read yours first  grin

A man must always play the AWAY match. grin cheesy
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by skfa1: 10:39pm On Apr 29, 2010
It is obvious that that guy was cheating on her.

But at the same time Naija babe tooooo get strong head, see as the girl dey rake, lol

That segede must be a former area boy (omo ita).

May God help naija sha. Too much suffering.

I think the government should provide alternative aswell.
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by labiyemmy(m): 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2010
Esther says the other woman's puss has honey and lemonade - sweet with honey and lemonade - please can i share?
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by funkybaby(f): 10:43pm On Apr 29, 2010
~Sauron~:

A man must always play the AWAY match. grin cheesy

Ki lo de ?
tell me what we are not doing right

can't you just play the games at HOME sad
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by labiyemmy(m): 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2010
dem don spoil am with the chelsea, arsenal bull shit.
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by denzel2009: 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2010
funkybaby:

Ki lo de ?

can't you just play the games at HOME sad

Turfs are different!
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by Gamine(f): 11:35pm On Apr 29, 2010
The last episode didnt end well,
I don't like that it didnt wrap the entire documentary up properly
something was definitely missing.

I'm not going to sweat what i hate about the documentary but
it sure exposes the nonsense going on in Lagos state.

Haven lived near everywhere highlighted in this documentary, there is
nothing but the truth contained in them, but the question is, what now?
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by labiyemmy(m): 11:41pm On Apr 29, 2010
After watching the part 3 of the rubbish- i cant but ask myself, so what? What is the essence of the whole documentary? especially part 3?

There is class system all over the world, Upper, Middle, Lower - BBC focused on the lower class system and on people who chose to be where they are, made a documentary out of it and called it Welcome to Lagos - how dumb? The upper class, middle class and all other classes also forms the generality of LAgos.
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by Sauron1: 11:44pm On Apr 29, 2010
funkybaby:

Ki lo de ?

can't you just play the games at HOME  sad

Thanx for spoiling the party for me. . . . .

Meanwhile, who are these Naija twunts on Nigeria's next top model?
Is this what our beloved country can offer now?
I am watching razz models on HITV now. Only Naija models have belly-buttons as humongous as Kaduna mangoes.
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by labiyemmy(m): 11:45pm On Apr 29, 2010
^^^^^
I agree with you - i almost damaged my TV watching these "ladies" on HITV.

Some of them do have great frontage and splendid backside, cute ones, if you ask me.
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by dejiro1: 5:20am On Apr 30, 2010
It is very unfortunate that most of the comments here are hostile to BBC, who in my opinion, have to a wonderful job. At least, they showed courage and was able to document how the common man in Lagos survives. If there should be any hostility, it should be directed at our government, who allowed the condition in the country to deteriorate to levels that it would only be magical to turn it around. I live in Atlanta and some of my American friends that saw the documentary were marveled and stunned to see people living in such conditions and showing no bitterness or anger towards anybody. For those who preach for VI and Ikoyi to be documented, I will like to say that those places are not the true representation of Lagos. Lagos officially has 41 slums scattered across the state with an average of 400,000 people dwelling in them. Mind you, there are some places in Ikoyi and VI that would easily pass for a slum in Atlanta, but some Lagosian see it and pray to live in a place like that.
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by ElRazur: 7:12am On Apr 30, 2010
@labiyemmy:

After watching the part 3 of the rubbish- i cant but ask myself, so what? What is the essence of the whole documentary? especially part 3?

There is class system all over the world, Upper, Middle, Lower - BBC focused on the lower class system and on people who chose to be where they are, made a documentary out of it and called it Welcome to Lagos - how dumb? The upper class, middle class and all other classes also forms the generality of LAgos.

I have read your comments and to be brutally honest I think the highlighted part is your biggest problem. Looks to me like your ego and perception of Nigeria is bruised. Who gives a shiiit? Yes their are different classes in every part of the world and nothing wrong with a media outlet focusing on just one of them, and calling it welcome to Lagos. You need to understand that the title is saying "Here is Lagos from the view of the people we are making a documentary about" but it appears this is something you are finding a hard time to understand.

Perhaps giving you another example will be a good idea. Basically, if I give out camera to 10 students to go and film life in Lagos, it should be noted that the end result will show 10 different perspective. I can chose to focus on any of these as the perspective to use for a presentation etc. You see, there is nothing wrong with the title, but I can see why people who may not grasp the idea like you may have an issue with it. Overall, it is a view of Lagos from a particular perspective that the program decides to focus on. And as it stand, it is an eye opener.

Your Wole Soyinka et al who have given statement criticizing the program are clearly missing the point. And once again it shows that even the educated ones do suffer from "Nigeria is the giant of Africa" syndrome. I suppose there won't be comments from you and others IF the BBC have shown just the parts you prefer to portray and not what the people across the world prefer to see? Nice. smiley

Program like this are shown like this in the UK. Channel 4 [A station in the UK] is one of the channel that makes thought provoking documentary that challenges the perspectives and norms of things. They have made documentary on Drug dealers, UK Ghettos and those things that are hidden from the general view of the society. I am guessing your type are not use this form of documentary? What ever the case, get used to the idea as more and more of this type of documentary will be forth coming. smiley
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by ElRazur: 7:20am On Apr 30, 2010
As per the one shown yesterday, kudos to the BBC.

I don't know laibyemmy, if you noticed that most of the scene shots where from the perspective of those who took part in it.

Anyway, glad to see another part of Nigeria that some deluded people will rather have hidden, thrust into the spot light. Allahu Akbar! Now, let's go and do some more of those bastard up in the north that are sexxxxxing little kids in the name of Muhammed. smiley
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by labiyemmy(m): 10:26am On Apr 30, 2010
^^^^^^^

Dont force your own opinion down our throats- swallow it yourself. I say mine, you say yours. Chikena.

I take exception to the use of such words like "your type", "your ego and perception of Nigeria is bruised. Who gives a shiiit?"  on me and i think it only shows the type of idiot you are, empty headed and an absolute human pig. I am in the class of your father, anything you say to me, you indirectly say to him. who born u?

Learn to look face, and know the person you can abuse or use derogatory words on just to pass accross an argument, its a lack of good home training, you perverted lab scientist.

May your types rot in hell.
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by SapeleGuy: 10:50am On Apr 30, 2010
Labiyemmy - the structure you highlighted has been basterdised. There are now 2 classes. Stinking Rich & Dirt Poor.

A lot of people will like the poor to be invisible. But life doesn't work like that.

Give some justice to the poor man and the rich will not need a weapon.

Soyinka and others are political activists. They don't do anything to alleviate the condition of the poor man.

Let us talk about solutions.

There should be zero tolerance to these type of housing. Repatriation time - To come Lagos no be by force.

The example of madam 'lemonade puss' is a case in point. Her fathers place was decent in comparison. She would be better off in her village.
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by bilymuse: 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2010
I was really move to tears when Esther was praying for that little baby girl, the baby look so cute.
Imagine the condition and environment shes born into.
To God be the glory
Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos! by ElRazur: 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2010
@labiyemmy:

^^^^^^^

Dont force your own opinion down our throats- swallow it yourself. I say mine, you say yours. Chikena.

I take exception to the use of such words like "your type", "your ego and perception of Nigeria is bruised. Who gives a shiiit?"  on me and i think it only shows the type of idiot you are, empty headed and an absolute human pig. I am in the class of your father, anything you say to me, you indirectly say to him. who born u?

Learn to look face, and know the person you can abuse or use derogatory words on just to pass accross an argument, its a lack of good home training, you perverted lab scientist.

May your types rot in hell.

If you feel as such, then please do not come here to make idiotic statements, especially the ones you cannot defend when challenged. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Economy: Recession Will End Soon, Buhari Tells Nigerians / Electoral Act: Presidency, OSGF Disagree Over Ministers’ Refusal To Resign / Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.