Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail (3570 Views)

I Got Flowers Today, And He Beat Me To Death : Dorcas Shola Fapson / Misconception Of Feminism And Its Imminent Dangers To Rising Africans: Misscokie / Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by safarigirl(f): 10:17am On Jan 27, 2018
Over the last few days, social media has been awash with stories of a 'rape/kidnap' incident between a certain Miss Dorcas Shola Fapson and a Taxify driver

I will not go into details of the altercation because we must all be familiar with it at this point, however, I want to touch on a recurring topic that arose from this incident once again

Feminism.

This altercation made me realize that mist Nigerian 'feminists' do not know what feminism is about

Ladies, feminism is about promoting Gender Equality, not Gender Superiority. It is not an us against them theory. It is a do to Paula as you would have done to Paul theory. A feminist is not one who will blindly support a woman, just because she is a woman and 'women should stick together' that is not what feminism is about.

The ridiculousness of the arguments of self-acclaimed feminists concerning that altercation was befuddling. How do you ignore COMMON SENSE and support LIES just because you are a woman and women have been 'oppresssed' by men.

Ladies, we should not be blind to the faults of our fellow women. Believe it or not, the more you stand for shady women, the more feminism is defeated. The actions of these women of questionable character reflect badly upon ALL of us.

Even worse, is the constant, disgusting blackmail tactics many women use to guilt trip sensible people into standing for foolishness:

This will happen to you tomorrow

I can't believe women are standing up for this guy

It could be your mother or sister....

These are some of the rhetorics these people use to drag women into their nonsense arguments and shaky platforms

If your sister frames a man up for doing something he did not do, you should have enough integrity to condemn her actions. That man is someone's brother, son, boyfriend, husband or father and he deserves his own fair hearing, he deserves his own supporters. Everyone should not run to the woman's side because she is the 'weaker vessel'

Today, we look back on that incident and take sides because both parties came out alive, but things could have turned awry in some other situation.

Dorcas accused that man of RAPE, it is not a light accusation, it is destiny-altering. What if that incident had happened during the day when people were around, what if her rape accusation had been taken seriously by people? That man could have lost his life for nothing, just like the ALUU 4 boys lost theirs seven years ago. He would have died and no one would hear his side of the story because the dead don't speak

We bless God that both parties are alive today, but we should take cognizance that tomorrow, this could happen to someone else. Another inocsnt man, just trying to hustle and improve his lot in life will be unwittingly caught in an altercation with some paranoid, stubborn, mannerless female and will be falsely accused and the confused feminists will take the stand with their erring sister because "women should stand for each other"

I am a woman

I refuse to stand for lies, I refuse to stand for cheap blackmail, I refuse to stand for dishonesty and I refuse to stand against men to favour inconsistencies

Nigerian feminists, STOP playing the VICTIM and maybe some day, all women will get the respect they DESERVE. We are not always the victims.

PS: I wasn't sure which section was most appropriate for this and I haven't written any articles in a while, so, forgive any errors.

41 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 27, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 27, 2018
safarigirl:
Over the last few days, social media has been awash with stories of a 'rape/kidnap' incident between a certain Miss Dorcas Shola Fapson and a Taxify driver

I will not go into details of the altercation because we must all be familiar with it at this point, however, I want to touch on a recurring topic that arose from this incident once again

Feminism.

This altercation made me realize that mist Nigerian 'feminists' do not know what feminism is about

Ladies, feminism is about promoting Gender Equality, not Gender Superiority. It is not an us against them theory. It is a do to Paula as you would have done to Paul theory. A feminist is not one who will blindly support a woman, just because she is a woman and 'women should stick together' that is not what feminism is about.

The ridiculousness of the arguments of self-acclaimed feminists concerning that altercation was befuddling. How do you ignore COMMON SENSE and support LIES just because you are a woman and women have been 'oppresssed' by men.

Ladies, we should not be blind to the faults of our fellow women. Believe it or not, the more you stand for shady women, the more feminism is defeated. The actions of these women of questionable character reflect badly upon ALL of us.

Even worse, is the constant, disgusting blackmail tactics many women use to guilt trip sensible people into standing for foolishness:

These are some of the rhetorics these people use to drag women into their nonsense arguments and shaky platforms

If your sister frames a man up for doing something he did not do, you should have enough integrity to condemn her actions. That man is someone's brother, son, boyfriend, husband or father and he deserves his own fair hearing, he deserves his own supporters. Everyone should not run to the woman's side because she is the 'weaker vessel'

Today, we look back on that incident and take sides because both parties came out alive, but things could have turned awry in some other situation.

Dorcas accused that man of RAPE, it is not a light accusation, it is destiny-altering. What if that incident had happened during the day when people were around, what if her rape accusation had been taken seriously by people? That man could have lost his life for nothing, just like the ALUU 4 boys lost theirs seven years ago. He would have died and no one would hear his side of the story because the dead don't speak

We bless God that both parties are alive today, but we should take cognizance that tomorrow, this could happen to someone else. Another inocsnt man, just trying to hustle and improve his lot in life will be unwittingly caught in an altercation with some paranoid, stubborn, mannerless female and will be falsely accused and the confused feminists will take the stand with their erring sister because "women should stand for each other"

I am a woman

I refuse to stand for lies, I refuse to stand for cheap blackmail, I refuse to stand for dishonesty and I refuse to stand against men to favour inconsistencies

Nigerian feminists, STOP playing the VICTIM and maybe some day, all women will get the respect they DESERVE. We are not always the victims.

PS: I wasn't sure which section was most appropriate for this and I haven't written any articles in a while, so, forgive any errors.

+10000

mynd44, lalasticlala, dominique

5 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Iphone5: 10:31am On Jan 27, 2018
This OP get sense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 27, 2018
100 % on point @ Safarigirl .

Let the tournament begin......

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 27, 2018
Nice write up.
But did every woman who supported Dorcas say she is a feminist?

I just saw a thread on FP with Simi bashing every woman that didn't support Dorcas [very stupid of her if I must add]. I wouldn't even call that feminism, because I don't think Simi is one. Same applies to every everyone (male/female) that supported Dorcas out of sentiments.

I prefer to call it gender blackmail, or playing victim.
Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by elantraceey(f): 10:46am On Jan 27, 2018
So on point 100%

Rape is a highly sensitive issue that should've be played with like that, how can you just wake up one morning and decide to use one poor guy to rise up to fame and truly if it happened during day time, certainly the poor would have been killed even before he could defend himself. We need to learn to hear a story from both sides before passing judgement.

3 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by ClumsyFlimsy: 10:49am On Jan 27, 2018
This is why I love safarigirl cool

I have come to realize a lot feminist truly want to superiority not even equal rights .
They want to eat their cake and have it back.

Rapist and false rape accusations should carry the same penalty. It's very painful when a lady plays the rape card on an innocent man just because of a minor misunderstanding.

I have once been wrongly accused by a stupid slay queen. Just because we had a fallout.

I know there are rapist, but whenever I come across a rape story; I just can't help but suspect the lady just wants to punish the man.

Anyways
#Say No To Rape
#Say No Character Defamatiin
SAY YES TO JUSTICE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by IamLEGEND1: 10:51am On Jan 27, 2018
Random person:You heard someone created a sensible thread in romance section on gender bias?

Me: I told you to stop inhaling glue,bruh...

Him: I'm serious, a girl created it

Me:

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Papiikush: 10:54am On Jan 27, 2018
Safarigirl?

Seems 2018 is a year of surprises after all. grin

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by AryEmber(f): 10:56am On Jan 27, 2018
Finally a feminist that's not on spiritual weed. This is how it should be!

4 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 27, 2018
elantraceey:
So on point 100%

Rape is a highly sensitive issue that should've be played with like that, how can you just wake up one morning and decide to use one poor guy to rise up to fame and truly if it happened during day time, certainly the poor would have been killed even before he could defend himself. We need to learn to hear a story from both sides before passing judgement.

I don't think she was really trying to use him for fame.
I think she was paranoid and dramatic. You know some people throw words around without knowing its implication.

LOL. If she had a gun nko? She would have blown his brains out and tag it self defence. I believe they had an altercation, the driver was fed up with her bickering, which made him handle the situation poorly. She was a paranoid female, seeking to gather enough sympathy.

Assault is more plausible, not rape/abduction. After all, she remained in the cab outta choice.

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 27, 2018
It is obvious that you frown at the said 'dorcas shola' for alleggedly tarnishing the innocent man's name on your thread.

Nice one.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by safarigirl(f): 11:15am On Jan 27, 2018
AntiBrutus:

I think she was paranoid and dramatic. You know some people throw words around without knowing its implication.

LOL. If she had a gun nko? She would have blown his brains out and tag it self defence. I believe they had an altercation, the driver was fed up with her bickering, which made him handle the situation poorly. She was a paranoid female, seeking to gather enough sympathy.

Assault is more plausible, not rape/abduction. After all, she remained in the cab outta choice.
the most befuddling thing about her supporters is that they have failed to reason properly

Dorcas claims to be a criminologist, she claims that she was kidnapped and almost raped, SHE has evidence, SHE is the popular celeb amongst the two parties, SHE was raised in London and SHE should know her rights more than many people considering her credentials.

Upon all of this, Dorcas did not go to a police station to lodge her complaint, is it not suspicious? Her case is so strong, but she would rather a bunch of social media experts mull over it than the right authorities?

If Dorcas was indeed telling the truth and that guy indeed tried to rape her, this should have been a police case by now, her lawyers would have reached out to the Taxify company and sued them and their driver

She KNOWS she has no case, yet, some people still think she was being truthful. It is not madness?

8 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 27, 2018
Atleast, I'm having to agree on something with this op.

This is on point

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Melonny(m): 11:17am On Jan 27, 2018
Nice write up. the idea of feminism is for girls to have as equal right as men not to feel superior or think men are beneath them. Very nice!
Why should a lady carry pepper spray. Seems she has planned it all along.

3 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 27, 2018
AntiBrutus:

she knows exactly what she is doing.
she has a degree in criminology.
she was based in the uk [we can pretend that naija ladies do not understand the implications of rape accusations]
uk chicks do this a lot as well; have a night of fun with a guy then wake up to regret and accuse the fellow of rape.

if she had accused the guy of physical assault, she would have had a case.
it is also difficult to see paranoia when someone appears on social media in low cut gown with some silly hearts bobbing around her head, claiming someone tried to rape her

3 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 27, 2018
safarigirl:
the most befuddling thing about her supporters is that they have failed to reason properly

Dorcas claims to be a criminologist, she claims that she was kidnapped and almost raped, SHE has evidence, SHE is the popular celeb amongst the two parties, SHE was raised in London and SHE should know her rights more than many people considering her credentials.

Upon all of this, Dorcas did not go to a police station to lodge her complaint, is it not suspicious? Her case is so strong, but she would rather a bunch of social media experts mull over it than the right authorities?

If Dorcas was indeed telling the truth and that guy indeed tried to rape her, this should have been a police case by now, her lawyers would have reached out to the Taxify company and sued them and their driver

She KNOWS she has no case, yet, some people still think she was being truthful. It is not madness?

grrr. . .you beat me to it

what is really sad is that the fellow involved is tainted

he clearly has anger management issues, and this will come up in any future interviews/job hunts
no one wants an employee who can be provoked into fighting especially when on the job
lord knows many of us have come across pricks whose smug entitled faces/stomachs we would love to kick in; but you can only do that via business tactics, not violence

mischievous women pull this shi-t all the time. i remember some 13 years ago one morning i was with some people trying to get on a bus. this lady grabs the strap of my bag for support as she tries to get into the bus. the bag was a very expensive bag, and i was very angry. when we were seated, i challenged her. she first tried some silly feminine smiling, then when she saw i was not having that, she started screaming. very disgusting

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Safiaa(f): 11:51am On Jan 27, 2018
I totally agree. The concept of feminism has been twisted and manipulated into the total opposite of what it is. It is the fight for equality on both parts. I think that's the reason why men hate the movement so much, because its been interpreted the wrong way. When men are treated unfairly, feminism stands up against it. You don't justify sexual harassment towards men just because they're 'men'. You dont turn a blind eye to blackmail and lies because shes a woman. Let's just make some things clear.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by zicoraads: 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2018
Safarigirl? shocked shocked

Chelsea will win the Champions League this season. You heard it here first.

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 27, 2018
Safiaa:
I totally agree. The concept of feminism has been twisted and manipulated into the total opposite of what it is. It is the fight for equality on both parts. I think that's the reason why men hate the movement so much, because its been interpreted the wrong way. When men are treated unfairly, feminism stands up against it. You don't justify sexual harassment towards men just because they're 'men'. You dont turn a blind eye to blackmail and lies because shes a woman. Let's just make some things clear.

nigerian feminism is i want the benefits of equality without the burdens.

i want to work and earn the same as a man, but while the man is expected to dedicate his salary for the upkeep of the family, my salary is for myself alone

i expect the leeway to take decisions for myself, but i expect my husband to manage the consequences of my bad decisions. i can give my entire salary to a pastor and then expect my husband to carry me for the rest of the month. i can waste money to fix car on my hair, and expect my husband to shrug and give me more money.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Cowbuoy: 12:23pm On Jan 27, 2018
Wowzers!!!
Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
The court of public opinion swings the other way round this time

Just to be clear, gender blackmail is not a new phenomenon in feminism and it is also global issue

Ever heard of ME TOO twitter campaign. The twitter hashtag feminists use to advocate for the prosecution of offenders of sexual assault.

Well, early this month a French actress wrote a long essay in defiance of the campaign's definitions of sexual assault.

It's time the judgment in the court of public opinion favor men for a change grin

3 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2018
oyb:

she knows exactly what she is doing.
she has a degree in criminology.
she was based in the uk [we can pretend that naija ladies do not understand the implications of rape accusations]
uk chicks do this a lot as well; have a night of fun with a guy then wake up to regret and accuse the fellow of rape.

if she had accused the guy of physical assault, she would have had a case.
it is also difficult to see paranoia when someone appears on social media in low cut gown with some silly hearts bobbing around her head, claiming someone tried to rape her

You think schooling abroad means she has sense.
If she has sense,she wouldn't have released that video.

If I escaped a rape incident, I won't be on IG the next morning, with full makeup and my boobs popping. She even filtered the video and added flowers. That girl no get sense, forget the criminology and England brought up.

Maybe she realised her paranoia later, but her village people moved her into doing that video lipsrsealed

I suspect she wanted to have the last say that night of the incident. But when the taxi man moved with her, after her refusal to step down, she knew she has bitten more than she can chew.

4 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Belafonte(m): 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2018
oyb:

i want to work and earn the same as a man, but while the man is expected to dedicate his salary for the upkeep of the family, my salary is for myself alone

i expect the leeway to take decisions for myself, but i expect my husband to manage the consequences of my bad decisions. i can give my entire salary to a pastor and then expect my husband to carry me for the rest of the month. i can waste money to fix car on my hair, and expect my husband to shrug and give me more money.

Oh, this is how it works worldwide not just in Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by RoyalBlak007: 12:35pm On Jan 27, 2018
Nice
write up
Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by safarigirl(f): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2018
AntiBrutus:

You think schooling abroad means she has sense.
If she has sense,she wouldn't have released that video.

If I escaped a rape incident, I won't be on IG the next morning, with full makeup and my boobs popping. She even filtered the video and added flowers. That girl no get sense, forget the criminology and England brought up.

Maybe she realised her paranoia later, but her village people moved her into doing that video lipsrsealed

I suspect she wanted to have the last say that night of the incident. But when the taxi man moved with her, after her refusal to step down, she knew she has bitten more than she can chew.

it was pride that moved her to do that video

The narrative wasn't going her way, people were hitting her hard for lying and she needed people to be on her side,she wanted to be the victim and not the aggressor.

Dorcas is obviously a stubborn, entitled woman who thinks everyone should bow to her whims. She wanted that driver to do as she wished and when he didn't, she played the rape and kidnap card

You see all these fine girls that everyone has been telling they are fine, they are some of the biggest witches in this world, especially the ones with fake accent. Fear them

11 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 27, 2018
safarigirl:

I am beginning to wonder same thing with all the social media call out these days. Why not go to the police ASAP?

She probably didn't expect this reaction from social media.
Well, let's see how I plays out.

3 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2018
Belafonte:

Oh, this is how it works worldwide not just in Nigeria.

no it is not and you have no idea what you are talking about.

is it obodo oyibo where some men become house husbands when they see madams career is on a much higher trajectory?

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2018
AntiBrutus:

I am beginning to wonder same thing with all the social media call out these days. Why not go to the police ASAP?

She probably didn't expect this reaction from social media.
Well, let's see how I plays out.

to be frank, police all over the world are not very good in rape cases, and Nigerian police are worse than useless, particularly since a lot of them are rapists themselves and will probably be looking at the victim and leering 'chai - this guy enjoy no be small'

if you are not from a more influential/wealthy background than the accused, your case is dead.

nigeria also has zero customer service culture, so social media is often the last resort for resolution

i almost want to believe this is some bizarre social experiment, because for a person of ms fapsons background, she has been incredibly stupid.
she does not come off as a credible victim or almost victim in anyway. maybe she has done this before on a local level, where people heard the accent and lost all common sense.
Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by Belafonte(m): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2018
oyb:

My friend, I advise you to go and research the experiences of 'oyibo' men. There's a thing called the Sexodus. Start from there. Maybe then, you can have an idea what you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2018
safarigirl:

Feminism.

I am a woman

. You happen to be the most honest girl I ve seen. Keep it up.May God continue to bless you and your family always in Jesus name. Amen.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adebimpe The Facebook Girl / Labelled Diagram Of A Slayqueen (picture) / Why Do Men Always Want To Follow A Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.