Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Advice Needed On Skills To Learn - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed On Skills To Learn (825 Views)

"Focus More On Skills, Not Certificates" - Pantami Advises Youths / FREE Resources On Skills You Can Learn Online / 5 Important Technical Skills To Have (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Skills To Learn by Eddodoh(m): 12:03pm On Jan 28, 2018
The labour market isn't smiling at anybody. Life must go on but not without a stable income.

I have being thinking of skills I can learn to sustain. Something I can acquire and forget about my academic certificates.

Something I won't regret learning, something lucrative. I have thought about Copywriting, Event Decor, CCTV & Fire Alarm Installation, Phone Repair but I am unclear about their prospects and how lucrative they are.

Need my previous work experience, education & hobby for ease to advice? I am a holder of HND, Cooperative Econs & Mgt., love writing especially creative stories, work as a customer service agent within the hospitality & telecom - call center fields for over 6 years & I am based in Kaduna.

Pls, ur recommendations, suggestions & advice are highly appreciated.
Re: Advice Needed On Skills To Learn by areahints: 12:08pm On Jan 28, 2018
Let the skill be something that you enjoy doing, something that you are consistent with and something that people usually ask you to help with. If the problem is just that you're not sure which skill it is. Try advertising yourself a simple place to start is your WhatsApp contacts, as a casual chat just mention to your friend that you do so and so.if they are not convince show them.proof.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Skills To Learn by Eddodoh(m): 11:06pm On Jan 28, 2018
More comments, please.
Re: Advice Needed On Skills To Learn by otomori(m): 7:03pm On Jan 29, 2018
Kind of having the same issue too, getting tired of searching for jobs around especially when I even have a very bad grade. Have been thinking I might just go learn how to make hair. Female hair

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Skills To Learn by stacyadams: 12:24am On Feb 10, 2018
have u thought of driving trucks or fork lift etc
Re: Advice Needed On Skills To Learn by Eddodoh(m): 10:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
stacyadams:
have u thought of driving trucks or fork lift etc
I haven't. How do I go about?

(1) (Reply)

Police Promote Tiger That Caged A Lion / NDDC Graduate Entry Salary Level / How do I add over 125 online certificates to my CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.