Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them (16925 Views)

16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business / Best Offer For Entrepreneur And Organization / Join Team Of Experience Entrepreneur And Learn How To Earn Up To 1k Per Day And (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by magazineguy(m): 4:37am On Jan 29, 2018
Entrepreneurs are doing a lot of great things and there are several people who would have given up because they couldn’t withstand the challenges that come with striving to succeed in entrepreneurship. To start a business and go far as an entrepreneur, there are pitfalls that must be avoided. Here are three pitfalls that can destroy your entrepreneurship dreams:

Quitting When Things Are Hard

When things are hard and the future is uncertain, the level of your hard work, your persistence and optimism should rise high enough to defeat the challenges of the day. What else will you rather do than heed Alan Kay’s words which say “the best way to predict a future is to invent it”, another sincere advice lies in the words of Colin Powell stating that “a dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.”

Falling For Distractions

Focus is as important as hard work, total commitment and quality result can only be achieved in a short period of time when distractions are avoided. Even Thomas Edison admitted that his success happened as a result of total commitment, in his words; he said “I owe my success to the fact that I never had a clock in my workroom. Seventy-five of us worked 20 hours every day and only slept four hours and we thrived on it.”

Avoid Time Wasting

Time is an important asset to an entrepreneur; timing and time management should be duly learned and always put into practice by an entrepreneur. Using your time judiciously means avoiding dilly dallying or procrastination, Walt Disney said “the best way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing”. An entrepreneur must be smart enough to properly time when to act and when to exercise restraint.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/3-dangerous-pitfalls-can-destroy-dreams/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by mantosa(m): 4:50am On Jan 29, 2018
Frontpage material, lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by veekid(m): 7:16am On Jan 29, 2018
Buhari!! Your distraction is working

1 Like

Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by ayusco85(m): 7:16am On Jan 29, 2018
These are just basic stuff every one knows. Tell me something else.

7 Likes

Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by nony43(m): 7:16am On Jan 29, 2018
the best way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing”. I caught this one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by Holycity(f): 7:17am On Jan 29, 2018
good
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by daclemx: 7:17am On Jan 29, 2018
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by ReverseEngineer: 7:17am On Jan 29, 2018
After all is said and done, one of the most important things that defines an entrepreneur is his or her skill set. Trust me, it does speak volume. If you're interested in being technical through programming and web development, I train people and give out resources to build their technical know how. Interested? Call or WhatsApp 08106501622 .

1 Like

Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by helphelp: 7:17am On Jan 29, 2018
Nice thread
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by pejuakinab: 7:18am On Jan 29, 2018
+ Avoid olosho and ojukokoro.
Sex doll wont help too cos she might make u go late to work everyday and cost u your job.
Do not covet another mans property.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by kaywizee(m): 7:21am On Jan 29, 2018
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by emmyw(m): 7:22am On Jan 29, 2018
Good
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by ibkgab001: 7:22am On Jan 29, 2018
Run away from big back side
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by Donald3d(m): 7:22am On Jan 29, 2018
So on point
Contact me for your stunning artworks and designs
Also check my signature , there is a new year give away and FREEBIE expiring soon cool

Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by Webman007: 7:27am On Jan 29, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by AK6464(m): 7:28am On Jan 29, 2018
[right][/right] wink
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 29, 2018
Very true
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by SalamRushdie: 7:31am On Jan 29, 2018
The greatest killer of entrepreneurs in Nigeria is opening an office bigger than your current revenue and over hiring ..You will be back to your village in two years max

4 Likes

Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 29, 2018
lack of startup capital is a problem how does one deal with that?
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by KingsJohnson(m): 7:38am On Jan 29, 2018
How do one get start-up capital abeg...

Fellower Nairalanders should lend us 250k they are not using and we will become an employer of labour in few months...
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by chinawapz(m): 7:39am On Jan 29, 2018
Good write-up

I will design your Ecommerce website very cheap check my signature
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 29, 2018
KingsJohnson:
How do one get start-up capital abeg...

Akoja360:
lack of startup capital is a problem how does one deal with that?

Finance has always been a problem, but not to a determined entrepreneur whose desire to start up a business is so overwhelming.

I always advice prospective entrepreneurs, become an employee. Start up by working for money, then from there, establish a side business while still keeping your job.

Doing this gives you confidence when the time comes to venture fully. There are lots of jobs around to get money, look around you. If my younger brother of 14 yrs can hustle over N30k during his one month school holiday, then anyone can.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by money121(m): 7:51am On Jan 29, 2018
Ok
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 29, 2018
Nice one op
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by Krafty006: 8:36am On Jan 29, 2018
start small and let the business grow
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by simplemach(m): 9:01am On Jan 29, 2018
Meanwhile, nothing can kill the dream of an entrepreneur more than an APC government...

3 Likes

Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by okonja(m): 9:04am On Jan 29, 2018
I'm learning
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by Herbiedemmy(m): 9:12am On Jan 29, 2018
start making money with just #2,300 become your own boss

This post is all about how to make liquid soap
before I will like to bring out some points.
In this 21st century that we are now I found
out that nobody is ready to help when I was a
kid I use to hear that people do lend money
out for people to start business nowadays
nothing like that anymore as I said earlier
nobody is ready to help or to give you money
to start business of your choice.
In other no to deceive ourselves there is no
job anywhere even though if there is only few
people will get it the few people are those that
are related to the top people in the community
and one way in other connected to senators,
honourable, judges, commissioner, and so on.
During the 1980s 1990 1970s to get job is very
easy even ordinary security, nowadays to get
the ordinary security job then is not easy
nothing comes easy this days.
For example a lecturer told us during the time
Tai Solarin Of Education is still bearing (Osce)
Ogun State College Of Education when it is
breakfast there is bus that will convey
students to where they will take breakfast
same thing apply to lunch, and dinner.
We are still in the same country where all
that is not happening. The question is can we
also experience same thing? My answer is yes
we can and at the same time we cant.learn more here
http://toshineworldedu..co.ke/2018/01/this-post-is-all-about-how-to-make.html?m=1
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by kings09(m): 9:14am On Jan 29, 2018
Include Buhari n his terrorist policies
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by joenor(m): 9:26am On Jan 29, 2018
Nice one, thanks
Re: 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them by emperormossad(m): 9:29am On Jan 29, 2018
Pick up 'how successful people think' by John C Maxwell. Thank me later.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Appreciates To N455/$ As External Reserves Hit $30bn / BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga / BDCs Operations: Revealing Your BVN Is Not A Security Threat – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.