Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? (21286 Views)

2019: No Credible Presidential Candidate Yet For Nigerians – Onaiyekan / Raid On Yahoo Boys: EFCC Should Also Face Buhari – Reno Omokri / 2019: No Credible Candidate Besides Buhari – Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by dieBYfire: 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Kwankwaso, has not declared his intention to run against Buhari, under APC...and yet to defect to PDP or the 3rd Force...Besides he stands no chance against Buhari in the North, West and East...

Dankwabo will struggle to win A local government in Gombe, let alone facing Buhari in the North...

Atiku, Buhari will defeat this one before 10am on the election day...Nobody wants to elect a President who cannot go to America..

Sule Lamido....Under going trial for corrupt practices, is just a political comedian..who even failed to deliver his Candidate in the last election...

Mrs Fortune teller grin
E go clear for una eye soon

1 Like

Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by dieBYfire: 3:37pm On Jan 29, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

So all these your rantings on Nairaland, is all about blackmailing Buhari not to contest? You have no candidate, you think can defeat him in an election?
What and see. Then please keep your moniker open for our congratulatory speech
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by Xtopher123(m): 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2018
buhariguy:
I am ready for meaningful conversation.
I will not call you idiotic pigs of Biafra

Forget it bro..

I already made a place for your likes.. 'DNE'
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by Omotonsho(m): 3:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
SalamRushdie:

I was just disappointed with the AU that in 2018 the still can't bring themselves to be a credible body ..Just Imagine making Buhari who is the primary catalyst for corruption in Africa a face of anti corruption.. Buhari is a demon of corruption
what the AU were indirectly doing was to tell Buhari to face all the corrupt charges going on under his nose in his home country.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by malonephill(m): 4:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
Misterdhee1:

The south west and mid belt loss made sure GEJ was defeated. Buhari lost woefully in the east. Does that mean igbos aren't online? Majority of those who votes arent even on social media.
I didn't say online made him loss, but among it, whether we agreed to it or not social media is one tools used in 2015 election..... And GeJ was victim of it

1 Like

Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by americanson: 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
olujastro:
Inasmuch as Buhari has his own failures, chief of which are:
Being to slow in taking decisions and actions as a president.
And failure to address the herdsmen crisis once and for all.

Else, I'm OK with the government's strides so far especially in terms of infrastructural development.

I'm not one of those people expecting magic in a short period. People who gave PDP 16yrs and didn't get good roads, electricity are judging this government's and APC's performance based on lack of 24hrs electricity in less than 3yrs. How unfair?

I choose Buhari for 2019 over all these names coming up so far.

You are bloody liar. Who told you GEJ or PDP didn't build road or improve electricity?
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by americanson: 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
malonephill:
I didn't say online made him loss, but among it, whether we agreed to it or not social media is one tools used in 2015 election..... And GeJ was victim of it
yeah, I can say that my decision against GEJ was the machination of social media.

1 Like

Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by akdjr(m): 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2018
Going by the calculation of Zoning in Nigeria and the kind of politics we play here, it is a win! Win!! for the incumbent president if he recontested. It is Southwest turn and they can't afford to loose their chance by allowing another candidate from the north to emerge as President. Food for thought.
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by heendrix(m): 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Kwankwaso, has not declared his intention to run against Buhari, under APC...and yet to defect to PDP or the 3rd Force...Besides he stands no chance against Buhari in the North, West and East...

Dankwabo will struggle to win A local government in Gombe, let alone facing Buhari in the North...

Atiku, Buhari will defeat this one before 10am on the election day...Nobody wants to elect a President who cannot go to America..

Sule Lamido....Under going trial for corrupt practices, is just a political comedian..who even failed to deliver his Candidate in the last election...

just say you want buhari to be ur own president continously n stop troubling us here
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by maclatunji: 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Are u blind? Gov Dakwambo, Gov Tambuwal, Ex-VP Atiku, Ex-Gov Lamido.

They all can win 30% - 35% of northern votes (NC, NE, NW) n this means game over for buhari. We already know he will get 5% or less of the votes in SE n SS.

For your politically undeveloped thinking. Is it because of social media that makes idiotic ideas loom large that you are listing these people as serious contenders? Atiku is the strongest of them all and he cannot even come close to a Buhari in a fair election in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by maclatunji: 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
Dindondin:
I sight you. The dictator of Islam section. Anyways for your info, PMB failed that's why he's losing support for 2nd term. In Nigeria, we v technocrats that are more sound and corruptless than PMB. Former ADB Boss Femi Adeshina, Pat Utomi, Charles Soludo, Donald Duke are there. Nigerians that are not bigots & religiously blind ll rise to support candidates that ll not only defeat PMB but his noise makers governors, reps & senators of APC & PDP. Just wait and see the look party that's producing him.

Wow, a new title and such nice compliments. Seun, what do you think of my new title? Suits me well? #Hehehe
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by malonephill(m): 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
americanson:
yeah, I can say that my decision against GEJ was the machination of social media.
so many were in this side as you did, so we should not underestimate the power of online media.
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
Donald Duke
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by Sammiejokes(m): 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
AustineE1:
@Ngenekwenu this is very difficult time for you and other Buhari E-rats,its very hard to sale a candidate that is not saleable. A man who has failed woefully in every aspect of governance. It wiil only justify the 'shithole country'statement by Trump,if Nigerians ever votes back the monumental failure and irresponsible leader.
I wonder how some of you Buhari supporters sleep at night,knowing that you are part of this evil imposed on Nigerians....indeed,many men have sold their conscience for a pot of porridge.
Zombie answer the question, where is your candidate.
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
maclatunji:

For your politically undeveloped thinking. Is it because of social media that makes idiotic ideas loom large that you are listing these people as serious contenders? Atiku is the strongest of them all and he cannot even come close to a Buhari in a fair election in Nigeria.

U mean the Buhari we know? Or are u bringing in a New buhari from lake Chad ahead of 2019
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by Okanokan(m): 11:57pm On Jan 29, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
We are already on the first lap of electioneering process, the opposition or Obasanjo's 3rd force are yet to name a candidate that can defeat an incumbent President...

Is 2019 going to be a Landslide for the APC and President Mohammadu Buhari?

Please no insult, if you have a candidate that can defeat Buhari, please can we hear from you here...

Yet Apc is palpitating? Buhari will defeat ;(Buhari!
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by dammycamby: 11:42am On Jan 30, 2018
Am really sick and tired of everything happening in this country; who will serve this nation from all this mess? No doubt that both APC and PDP lacks ideology... So who do we run to? who will save us? Because neither PDP nor APC can.
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by 12submarine(m): 11:51am On Jan 30, 2018
PrecisionFx:

U mean the Buhari we know? Or are u bringing in a New buhari from lake Chad ahead of 2019
Guy, forget all these stories. No politician can defeat Buhari in the north if election is conducted today. Infact, any senator or governor from the core North that is openly against Buhari may lose reelection, take it or leave it. Buhari is worshipped in the north if you don't know. The earlier we tell ourselves the truth, the better. Northerners are not in NL, take note. Personally, I don't support him, but that doesn't mean I should start lying to myself.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by Safari29: 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2018
jokolo282:
President Buhari has the fundamental right to contest again, just like every other citizen of Nigeria. In Nigeria politicians do not win elections by their performances, they win by the sentiments of region, ethnicity, Hate, love, party affiliation etc.
I really do want President Buhari to contest for 2019 presidential election ... if he loses; we will know that Nigerians has been set free of these sentiments that have held them down over the years.
let me ask simple questions, will the Yoruba's leave there own ( Osibanjo) if he contest with Buhari for 2019, will the northern vote against their son come 2019 and is APC ready to loose power so soon? I leave you to answer...
I repeat!!! I want the president to contest again and let Nigerians prove a point if they can.
Remember in 2015 after all said and done about GEJ, the people of south south and south east held onto GEJ and gave him all their votes... if same play out in 2019 (that is if Buhari decide to contest) sure you already know who will win.... grin
the same thing will play out, and we already know who will win
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2018
12submarine:

Guy, forget all these stories. No politician can defeat Buhari in the north if election is conducted today. Infact, any senator or governor from the core North that is openly against Buhari may lose reelection, take it or leave it. Buhari is worshipped in the north if you don't know. The earlier we tell ourselves the truth, the better. Northerners are not in NL, take note. Personally, I don't support him, but that doesn't mean I should start lying to myself.

Buhari was worshipped in the north n yet he lost to yaradua in 2007?

Buhari was worshipped in the north n yet in 2011 GEJ won many states in the north n even took very huge chunks of vote in kano, kaduna, kastina etc

U don't understand ANYTHING about how politics runs.

Kwakwanso will beat Buhari blue black if he returns to PDP n contests in the 2019 elections.

Atiku, Lamido n Dakwambo will do same to him.
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by MrMystrO(m): 4:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Buhari was worshipped in the north n yet he lost to yaradua in 2007?

Buhari was worshipped in the north n yet in 2011 GEJ won many states in the north n even took very huge chunks of vote in kano, kaduna, kastina etc

U don't understand ANYTHING about how politics runs.

Kwakwanso will beat Buhari blue black if he returns to PDP n contests in the 2019 elections.

Atiku, Lamido n Dakwambo will do same to him.

Would you like to place a bet?? If you're really serious we can do this...

1 Like

Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
MrMystrO:

Would you like to place a bet?? If you're really serious we can do this...

Bet on?
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by MrMystrO(m): 4:45pm On Jan 30, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Bet on?

I mean a bet on the outcome of the Presidential election. Since you're so sure that Buhari won't be Re-elected next year IF he decides to contest, we could start making provisions for a bet sometime in the near future...that's if you're interested.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 30, 2018
MrMystrO:

I mean a bet on the outcome of the Presidential election. Since you're so sure that Buhari won't be Re-elected next year IF he decides to contest, we could start making provisions for a bet sometime in the near future...that's if you're interested.

I can only go for a one on one offline betting Sir, But seriously this is a baseless issue. There's nothing to bet here.

Fact remains that Buhari won in 2015 because of a number of factors. And the most important one being that the north needed to get back power @ all costs so they left pdp n joined APC. Kwakwanso, Tambuwal, El rufai, Murtala Nyako, Sariki, Dogara, IBB, Abdulfatah Ahmed Magatakarda Wamakko, Samuel Ortom etc left PDP n joined APC. The list of defectors is endless.

The north has always been dominted by PDP from 1999 till 2013/2014.

1 Like

Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by Redhot111(m): 7:18am On Jan 31, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
We are already on the first lap of electioneering process, the opposition or Obasanjo's 3rd force are yet to name a candidate that can defeat an incumbent President...

Is 2019 going to be a Landslide for the APC and President Mohammadu Buhari?

Please no insult, if you have a candidate that can defeat Buhari, please can we hear from you here...

Which Mumu talk be this na. It doesn't take a credible person to vote out Buhari. Do u think Buhari 2015 election on account of his credibility? How many times did he lost elections before the 2015 election? If it's on account of his credibility, why didn't he win before?
The only reason he won was because Nigerians got tired of GEJ's government and only wanted GEJ out not minding who comes in. Now we are tired of clueless dullard of daura. So who ever gets the ticket of a major opposition party becomes an automatic winner in the final presidential election. Even if a goat contests against Buhari, I'm 100% sure the goat will win.
I fact it will better 4 the party if Buhari refuse to contest, cos he will bring automatic defeat to them. But if another person stands as the APC candidate, then we can begin to check who is more credible between candidates.
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by EternalTruths: 7:35am On Jan 31, 2018
Olumaeme:
Winning an election is Nigeria is just 30% of the candidate and 70% of people (kingmakers) behind him.

Most of you thinks it's only your votes that make a candidate win, when yardua came who ever taught of him when we had popular candidates like Buba Marwa, Jerry Ghana as contestants, Obasanjo brought yardua from nowhere and he won convincingly.

Don't forget that in 2011, buhari did not have 50% of the margin Jonathan used in flogging him, but the same buhari defeated Jonathan, Why? Because people who brought Jonathan to win election also brought Buhari.

Let me make something very clear, people that has become Nigeria president are those who never knew they will get there, infact buhari never knew he will win or Jonathan will concede defeat, because had Jonathan gone to court to challenge that election, it would probably have been canceled.

Now, the person that will become president in 2019 might be chilling in a beer parlor now, he might not even be sure of contesting, they will bring him out, polish him, give him all the necessary support, hail him on the pages of newspapers and Buhari will be gone..

Nigerian masses contribute so little to the emergence of a president, that's why most times we get people who will not serve us..

Keep calm, save this comment and we talk in 5-8months..

But one thing I will Assure you is that BUHARI IS NOT COMING BACK!

Let me correct you even though I share Kanu's belief.

Buhari will win 2019 election because of these 3 factors

1) Ethnicity: You need 2 major ethnic groups against the other major ethnic group.
Unlike 2015 when it was Yoruba/Hausa Fulani against the Igbos, 2019 will be Yorubas against the Hausa Fulani people while the Igbos watch from the sideline and most probably sell their votes to Buhari in order to get their presidency in 2023.

2) Religion: Christians won't support another Hausa Fulani Muslim and Muslims including the ones from the West won't vote a Northern Christian out of fear that their religion is being sidelined and decimated.

3) Party: Divided Opposition
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by EternalTruths: 7:38am On Jan 31, 2018
ninetiethcrown7:

Kwankwaso would significantly half buharis northern votes... it's funny the way people think buhari is the only son in the north, that was for 2015 election when everybody in the north banded together. This 2019 is a free for all, the north is not aligned, other people want a shot and are tired of only katsina men becoming President. (Both buhari and yaradua)

He will reduce Buhari's vote but still lose because of anti Muslim sentiment amongst the Christians who now sees every Muslim as Usman Dan Fodio disciple

Therefore, he won't get sufficient Christian votes to undo Buhari.
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by EternalTruths: 7:42am On Jan 31, 2018
SoNature:
If PDP will encourage Kwankwaso to contest and pair him with Donald Duke or Peter Obi, I think the pair will give Buhari a run for their money.

At least Kwankwaso will share Kano and northern votes with Buhari while SE/SS will vote for the VP.

SW will vote for APC so it's not advisable for PDP to pick a VP from there because APC has a strong presence in the region

You are wrong because the SS/SE wants Northern rule to end by 2023
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by MrMystrO(m): 7:56am On Jan 31, 2018
PrecisionFx:

I can only go for a one on one offline betting Sir, But seriously this is a baseless issue. There's nothing to bet here.

Fact remains that Buhari won in 2015 because of a number of factors. And the most important one being that the north needed to get back power @ all costs so they left pdp n joined APC. Kwakwanso, Tambuwal, El rufai, Murtala Nyako, Sariki, Dogara, IBB, Abdulfatah Ahmed Magatakarda Wamakko, Samuel Ortom etc left PDP n joined APC. The list of defectors is endless.

The north has always been dominted by PDP from 1999 till 2013/2014.

Alright then. Make we dey watch na.. No be naija we dey again hehehe

Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by EternalTruths: 8:07am On Jan 31, 2018
Z4Gardell:
One of the Major factors by which electioneering is done in Nigeria are sentiments and money .. are you telling me that some Nigerian will not collect 1000 naira or even lower from party agents to vote. From the arithmetic on ground, Buhari will not rig the election but will win effortlessly unless someone is telling me there is a grass root campaign going on right to change the ideology of the major Nigerian voter.... LOL the people that elect leaders in Africa are not online you know !!! Let us pray that Buhari decides not to contest but if he do decide to... I bet you, he will win effortlessly... come to think of it; Baba Tinubu!!! it is your time to shine again and again; use this opportunity to demystify OBJ's so called "letter ways" do not miss the glaring Opportunity. grab it!!! and retire him for good!!!!

You are smart

Ethnic

Religion

Money

Determines the winner.
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by EternalTruths: 8:10am On Jan 31, 2018
Fmartin:
that is the problem with we nigerians. Most a candidate be known all over nigeria before he win an election? We never knew yar'adua, but from know where he won the presidential election. The only thing a candidate needs is, the leaders behind them.

Obasanjo controlled INEC then and now that INEC is controlled by Buhari.
Re: 12 Months To The Election, Yet No Credible Candidate To Face Buhari? by EternalTruths: 8:14am On Jan 31, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Are u blind? Gov Dakwambo, Gov Tambuwal, Ex-VP Atiku, Ex-Gov Lamido.

They all can win 30% - 35% of northern votes (NC, NE, NW) n this means game over for buhari. We already know he will get 5% or less of the votes in SE n SS.

Wrong.

Those guys won't have more votes than Buhari in the SE/SS

Buhari will buy the votes of the SE/SS who will gladly sell their votes in order to see the North end their presidency in 2023 rather than 2027

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Is A Crude Woman, Says APC / 9 Questions About The N8B Clothing Allowance You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask / Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.