Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! (23460 Views)

Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria / Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by D1KeleVra(m): 12:22pm On Apr 20, 2010
Rock fan representing. . . yea yeaaaa!!! tongue
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by gmailer: 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2010
Wow, dono if it would be a cliche to say "Rock Rocks" and like the poster i'll like to attend Rock concerts in Naija.

I Look forward to seeing people like
Papa Roach(Scars) cheesy
Nickel Back (Photograph, Rockstar )
Linkin Park(A place for my Head, In the End)
Chemical Romance (The Black Parade)
Dashboard Confession (Vindicated)
Creed, ColdPlay, Breaking Benjamin, All American Reject, Killers, Simple Plan
the list can go on and on.

How cool will that be? cool wink smiley

By the way, Birthday Massacre, Tatu etc, are those considered Rock too or Metal?,
cos i love some of theirs, and i dont want to be like a friend that hates Rock and Love "Death Metal, Heavy Metal and them likes"
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by antace(m): 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2010
i don't really know what i'd do without rock/alternative music. there really is something special about this genre.
it's nice to know that a lot of naija folks now appreciate rock music. i fell in love with it before i knew what its called
the following bands rock my world in no particular order of preference:

the cranberries( dolores o'riordan is a goddess)
within temptation
five for fighting
switchfoot
coldplay
hinhder
boys like girls
natalie imbruglia
sarah mclachlan
lene merlin
googoo dolls

the list is really endless. i'm loving this thread, grin grin
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Emdion(m): 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2010
i luv rock alot. really addicted 2 it. my latest band is owlcity. rock music has music expose me 2 luvin any type of cool music.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sevule(m): 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2010
Let me add my two cents here. I LOOOOVVVEEEE ROCK!!!! I started off listening to mostly secular rock then in my University days I was introduced to Christian Rock. One thing I have always loved about rock music is the brutal honesty of it. They sing about everything from anger,happiness,sadness,sex,drugs and even Our Saviour, Jesus Christ. These are my favourites(in no particular order)

Christian Rock

Red - These guys are amazing, their first album - End of Silence is probably one of the best rock albums I have listened to. They sound like Linkin Park but a little harder and without the rap.
Skillet - Fantastic and their lyrics are out of this world. You can not be unaffected by their lyrics. They have done everything from hard to soft rock to garage and electronica. Their lead vocalist has a gravelly voice like Chad.
Pillar - Fantastic second album - Fireproof - that is probably one of Christian Rock's finest.
Switchfoot - The most famous Christian rock act with the exception of creed. Very good and inspiring mid tempo rock.
Benjamin Gate - South African band with a female vocalist that reminds me of Cranberries. They have a very good mix of soft and mid tempo rock tinged with electronica
Thousand Foot Krutch - Crazy dudes. They are also into the Rap Rock thing though their latest album was a straight up Rock album.

Secular
Linkin Park - My all time favourite rock band. Their first 2 albums meteora and hybrid theory is a must for any lover of rock music. Their last album though was a complete flop as they changed their style to more radio friendly rock which sounded terrible.
Nickelback - Yeah baby, best known for Spiderman soundtrack, these guys ROCK!! I just love Chad's gravelly voice, it goes so well with head banging drums and guitar riffs. In my opinion their last album was also terrible. Seemed like all they could think about was S*x,S*x,S*x.  The album didnt have that Nickelback edge but it did ok in charts sha
U2 These guys have been together longer than I have been on earth. I absolutely love All that you cant leave behind. They do Rock music with a conscience.
Cranberries - The very best example of good ole Celtic Rock. Why did they have to split?
Il Nino - The best in Spanish hard rock. They mix rock and metal all in Spanish and English.
Avril lavigne - Girl power baby!!!! This chic sure knows how to rock, Her first 2 albums were simply off the hook. However she sold out and started singing pop crap like girlfriend. Hope she comes back to her senses soon.
Hoobastank
Trapt
Breaking Benjamin
Amongst many many many others

Thats ma 2 cents folks!!!
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by WarHorse1(m): 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2010
Lets build a city

Lets build a city of Rock and Roll

Lets build a city

Lets build a city of Rock and Roll.

Yea, could not help but represent here

I love rock. I was listening to "Lay you down on a bed of roses" by Bon jovi when I stubbled at this thread.

With rock - I lose control. I don't want to close my ears, I don't want to fall asleep cause I will miss rock and I don't want to miss a thing, you know. With rock, there's always a place to hide from the pains of life. Every time rock rains, I get wet. With rock, the sun never go down on me. Theres no where, unless rock is there and no other will give more feel.

My list of Rock favorites? Endless

1. Bon jovi
2.Roxxette
3.Rod Stewart
4. Tina Turner ( Simply the best,Missing you)
5. Bad English/John Wait
6. Guns and Rose
7. Hooters
8. Bunny Tiler (Give me that voice forever)
9. Aerosmith
10. Cold Play
11. Glass Tiger
12. Sting
13. Brian Adams
14. Peter Cetera
15. Heart
Just to name a few.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by otolorin(m): 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2010
apparently every1 here likes rock - and that's why its a "For Lovers of Rock Music Only", lol grin

but when is an All-Rock Concert coming up in Nigeria
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by mahal(m): 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2010
Ehido:

Y'all are very great

I have been able to pick some new acts and some good songs from your postings.

I was just thinking if Chad Hroeger and Amy lee come together and do a collabo, men that will be one hell of a song. Those two have the nicest voice I have ever heard.

You cant be righter, Chad croeger, Jeez!! Amy lee? My oh my,

Not forgetting Dolores O'riordan, Aaron lewis of staind, Bono of U2; james hetfield of Mettalica and Jasca Richter of MLTR
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sirwebs(m): 5:23pm On Apr 20, 2010
No one has mentioned Lil Wayne. Remember "Rebirth." Lol.
Somebody said Linkin Park's last album was rubbish. Does that include "New Divide?"
Currently reminscing with "Joshua Tree."
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by iJAY1: 5:39pm On Apr 20, 2010
i guess Nigerian rock artist wouldnt do well owing 2 d lack of popularuty of rock in this country compared 2 d proper "9ja thing"
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by cashmentor(m): 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2010
i-JAY:

i guess Nigerian rock artist wouldnt do well owing 2 d lack of popularuty of rock in this country compared 2 d proper "9ja thing"
you must be kiding me! You mean wit all these rock soldiers in the house, u stil think rock will not do well in Nigeria. What about those rock batalions yet unknown to u outside NL. Curently i have 3 rock demo beats, which i produced with my FL Studio software, and i have just realized my passion is not in vain, i mean look at all these fans out here,
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by v3: 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2010
Dear Lord,did sum1 bring dis thread bk? I so luv Amy Lee,korn,seether,linkin park,3 doorz dwn,hoobastank,limpbizkit. . .my list is huge n endles! I'd tk Lithium by evanesence,d reason by limpbizkit,photograph by nickleback. .i dnt go 2 slip w/out hearn those 1z. . .share ur faves pls
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by keni1000: 11:08pm On Apr 20, 2010
this thread i understand is supposed 2 b exclusively 4 luvas of rock, for all u desecraters, hw dare u compare rock with rap, have u eva taken your time 2 listen to dose eerie sounds and dark lyrics,, ohhhhhh the mystique dat surrounds dem goths , ROCK IS GOD'S OWN MUSIC, try listenin wif your mind u'll see wht i mean, amy lee,sharon den adel,nightwish, anytime
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by rill: 12:39am On Apr 21, 2010
am a super fan of rock, but it gat to b soft rock. Am digging d ladies in this game. my best is kelly clarkson then u can talk of pink,taylor swift, katy perry, evanescence and 4rm d guys, it would be fall out boy,owl city,
and u guys should try specify if its soft rock or heavy metal u actually like or even both.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Shaunscot(m): 1:18am On Apr 21, 2010
rill:

am a super fan of rock, but it gat to b soft rock. Am digging d ladies in this game. my best is kelly clarkson then u can talk of pink,taylor swift, katy perry, evanescence and 4rm d guys, it would be fall out boy,owl city,
and u guys should try specify if its soft rock or heavy metal u actually like or even both.

Taylor Swift is a blend between Country and Pop while Katy Perry isnt entirely rock (she's also a blend between pop and rock).

sirwebs:

No one has mentioned Lil Wayne. Remember "Rebirth." Lol.
Somebody said Linkin Park's last album was rubbish. Does that include "New Divide?"
Currently reminscing with "Joshua Tree."

New divide is a single.Soundtrace for Transformers 2 (just like What I've done for The Transformers).
Minutes to midnight wasnt all that bad.But it wasnt the usual linkin park you would expect.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Ruq: 2:03am On Apr 21, 2010
Linkin park don't have a new album they are currently workin on it!. They only have singles "New divide" for transformers "Not Alone" for Haiti Survivals and "Blackbirds"

AND "THEY ARE GOING TO BE SOUNDING VERY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE USED TO HEAR" THAT'S WHAT CHESTER SAID!
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by uglyguynop: 2:10am On Apr 21, 2010
I'm a huge alternative rock fan, I've got about 20843 songs in my system and 56 percent of them are alt rock albums, just name any artist and you'll get it, with their diff albums oh!! if i play all the songs in my system non-my i-tunes shows it'll play approximately 61 and half days non-stop.
Why are you asking though??
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:22am On Apr 21, 2010
[size=13pt]mmmmmmmmmmm. . . . that sound quit interesting. wink[/size]
uglyguynop:

I'm a huge alternative rock fan, I've got about 20843 songs in my system and 56 percent of them are alt rock albums, just name any artist and you'll get it, with their diff albums oh!! if i play all the songs in my system non-my i-tunes shows it'll play approximately 61 and half days non-stop.
Why are you asking though??
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sage(m): 5:50am On Apr 21, 2010
@ tpia

I think you are very wrong on this one

I never heard the term "white music" or "black music" throughout my life in Nigeria even through University. The first time I heard those terms was in the U.S

Growing up in Naija all we did was classify music by their genres

Rock, Blues, Rap, Soul,Country, Jazz, Reggee, Classical, Instrumentals etc

I had friends who would have paid to see ABBA, Don Williams, Kenny G, BackStreet Boys, Bryan Adams etc if any of the above were their favourite musicians and had come to concert in Naija

The whole "black" music, "white" music thing is an American argument. It has very little relevance in Naija

people dont consider colour before they like music in Naija
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sage(m): 6:13am On Apr 21, 2010
Having said that I hope the likes of Kelly Clarkson do organize a concert in Naija. Maybe a multi faceted tour with different international artists in collabo with some local groups. Ive not been in Nigeria for a while so I dont now know who are the most popular International Rockstars in Naija are. Back in the 90's it used to be Bryan Adams, Micheal Bolton, U2 etc

Does anybody here still enjoy Rock from the 70's like Andy Kim "Rock Me Gently", The Stampeders "Sweet City Woman" wink

Timeless music. Those classics never get old cheesy
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by chelseabmw(m): 10:08am On Apr 21, 2010
am a lover of rock music too
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sinistyle(m): 12:11pm On Apr 21, 2010
somn i luv bout rock is the subject matter. These guys can sing bout anything from colours, to emotions even to the most abstract idea. They also make high use of allegory which make the songs have a deeper meaning than what you hear on the surface. For example, 'Away from the sun' by 3 doors domn talks about being away from God. You can call it a gospel song if you like. 'Hair diamonds' by Rob Thomas, talks about the pains his wife went through when she was diagnosed of some terminal illness. 'Hair diamonds' itself symbolizes tears.
Transformers: Revenge of the fallen has some very nice rock songs. My favourite is 'Not meant to be' by Theory of a dead man. Its a really lovely song.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by v3: 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2010
@sini

Man, away from the sun STILL blows my mind. . .I also love "Here without you" as it's very emotional. .
Most peepz think rock songz are just too noisy. . .loud instrumentals here n there. . It has a much more deeper meaning than that. I heard Amy Lee is a conc christian! shocked shocked
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Ruq: 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2010
@v3
AMY LEE AIN'T EVIL YOU WANT EVIL BAND LISTE TO

CHILDREN OF BODOM

IRON MAIDEN

TWISTED SISTERS

SLIPKNOT

OZZY OSBORNE

AND SO ON
THOUGH NOT ALL OF THEM ARE BUT SOME OF THEIR TRACKS PRAISE SATANISM.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by v3: 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ruq
I didn't say she was evil or anything? It's just that some people misunderstand "rock" in general. She has this Gothic look about her and there's what people misunderstand the most. For what it's worth. . 80% of rock music has really deep meaning like sinistyle put it.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sley4life(m): 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2010
im not a rock fan. Thats noise pollution 2 my ear
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by D1KeleVra(m): 3:01pm On Apr 21, 2010
^^. . . just like ur a pollution to this thread. . . BOUNCE! grin

1 Like

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Teextoo(m): 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2010
I love both rap and rock music, although my first love is rap. I was introduced to rock by my friend in 2006 and since then i had been hooked. Am surprised that no one has mentioned coheed & cambria whom i believe to be among the very best. I also love evanescence, aerosmith, hoobastank, fray, john mayer, paramour, staind, greenday, linkin park, gorillaz, one republic, death cab-4-cutie, lifehouse, coldplay, e.t.c.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sizzlers(m): 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2010
Rock is life
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by broucher: 1:30am On Apr 22, 2010
@ Amya- Thanks for starting this thread. I have bin to a Rock concert in lagos and am Playing to host one in Decemeber in Abuja.

Rock is a Religon to me. I am whom I am today cause of Rock music. I listen to Rock Gospel to get inspriation to communicate with God( Wgts), I listen to accoustic, alternative and contemporary rock sounds just to set my moods right. I also have recorded 4 tracks of my own songs( just for my listening pleassure not commercial) My playlist goes on and on, I can play my rock collection for continuos 23 days without a repeat of same track.

My Favourites Include: Staind, Creed, Nickelback,Alanis Morrisette,Avril Lavainge, Vanessa carlton, 3 doors down, Green Day, U2,Cold play. I go on but these are like my favourites.

Please let's see how we can achieve by wokring together to bring our Favourites to perform along side our Nigeria Rock Artists here in Lagos and Abuja.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Amya(f): 7:13am On Apr 22, 2010
^^^, You are welcome Broucher. And about the rock concert you are bringing to abuja, that'ld be really nice! Who are you bringing? I could come perform there you know? I've recorded a rock song. Do you wanna hear it?

(and about the concert) just give it the right amount of publicity, and the sky will not be your limit.

Goodluck!
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 22, 2010
bon jovi(beds of roses, always) turns me on
aerosmith(jaded, dont wanna miss a thing)
blink 182--i feel as if am surfing listening to them--miss u
d train--drops of jupiter(surname for rock)my best
alanis morisette--thank u so much
six pence non the richer--kiss me
cranberries--salvation
switch foot--dare u to move
sheryl crow-soak up the sun, landslide
natalie imbruglia--my nickname in university days
maroon 5
rod stewart--for the older rock lover
the beatles--my favs-(yellow submarine, yesterday)
lenny kravitz--black man singin rock(american woman, rock and roll is dead, mr cab driver)
vertical horizon
robbie williams(jesus n a campervan, angel)
creed
linkin park
m2m
jennifer page
kings of leon
nelly furtado(try)
daughtry(tink its xtian like)

lots on my mind, but i shld be more down wit xtian rock now, i know of switchfoot, but can anyone suggest great xtian rock artists to me, and where one can get d cd here n naija, kaybob24@gmail.com

rock lifts life,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Rising Artists Music Listeners Should Keep A Tab On In 2021 / Top Radio Shows In Lagos/Nigeria? / Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.