Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

When Did God Create Hell? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Did God Create Hell? (5871 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did God Create Hell? by jagunlabi(m): 7:13am On Apr 23, 2010
kieryn:

lets get back to the topic. Hell created by God or not.
It depends on which God is being referred to. Manmade Gods(aka christian and islamic gods) create places like hell, because man needs hell to be created in order to scare fellow man into believing what he believes. Man needs hell for control, the creator of the universe does not. It can't be more straightforward than that.
Re: When Did God Create Hell? by jagunlabi(m): 7:25am On Apr 23, 2010
The most prominent hell creators and sustainers on NL are as follows;

1)Olaadegbu - Chief creator/sustainer/propagandist of hell
2)Davidylan
3)Noetic
4)May Kelly
5)Nuclearboy
5)Abuzola
6)Olabowale
7)Evang Olu

To these fellows, religion without the concept of hell is meaningless. So they keep on creating and sustaining this place of torture in their minds every moment of their lives. Must be a weird way of living.
Re: When Did God Create Hell? by MadMax1(f): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2010
e36991:

@Mad_Max

I am ashamed for stooping low to the extent of getting tagged rude
I misconstrued the ambiguity(ies). Am sorry and apologise
I agree with Nick you on certain issues you highlighted hence the interest, enthusiasm & scrutiny

Accepted. Who's Nick? Look, I know atheists and Christians needle each other here. It's like some kind of sport. You can clearly tell both sides are having fun. One atheist told a Christian she was so religious her brain cells are dead and only respond to the word 'Jesus'! I almost burst a gut laughing. They pass the thing back and forth. But snide superiority and outright insult is beyond the pale, man.
Re: When Did God Create Hell? by ttalks(m): 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2010
jagunlabi: Sometime after God was done with the creation, a group of very angry looking people who called themselves christians(based on the name of their religion) came looking for God. They came to him to make what they felt was an urgent request;

Christians:
God, we are very sorry to have to disturb your well earned rest, but we need your urgent help.

GOD:
Ooooooooohh!!! What is it, now?  What do you all want.

Christians:
We have a problem that is burning us inside.

GOD:
Problem? When did i create you that you are already having problems? What do you know about problem, eh?

Silence.

GOD:
Okay, fire on with your request.

At the word, "fire", all the christians flinched and trembled seriously.

GOD:
What is wrong with all of you? Why did you all tremble like that?

Christians:
Because of that word you uttered just now. . . the "F" word.

GOD  :
Do not lie against your creator, humans!! When did i utter the word, "FURCK"?!

Christians:
No,no,no! Not that "F" word . . . . the other one . . .

GOD:
Oh, you meant, FIRE?

A great trembling from the christians.

GOD  :
Eyah! You people's problem is urgent, indeed! Hmmm, where did i go wrong with you people? Okay tell me quick!

Christians:
You see, we christians have this belief that only we believe in. . . and we want others to believe in it too.

GOD:
Ehen?

Christians:
You see. . .  we want all of them to believe in what we believe in, so we try to preach it to them, but instead of immediately accepting what we preach to them, they just make fun of us, and tell us that our belief reeks of cow dung. You see, our belief is. . .

GOD:
Stop! I don't want to know what your beliefs are! I am not interested in them one bit! So what do you want of me?

Christians:
We want you to make a little place for them to roast for eternity, because anytime they reject our beliefs, they burn our egos, so we also want them to roast and for eternity to avenge and satisfy our ego.

GOD:
Is that all?

Christians:
Yes, our lord!

GOD:
Mtscheeeeeww!!!! Is that why you all came to disturb my rest? Don't you have a little respect for the wellbeing of ya creator? Mttsssshhhheeeeww!! Don't you all know that you have already created that place of fff. . .  eternal roasting by yourselve?

Christian:
Really? How did we do that, our lord?

GOD:
By thinking it, it has already been created in your minds, and that is all that it takes. I don't need to do anything again! Look at these idiots coming to disturb my resting for something they've already created by themselves and for themselves. Nonsense!!

Christians:
Please, forgive us, o great one. But how do we get them into the roasting place we've created for them in our minds?

GOD:
Keep telling them and yourselves of it day after day after day until it becomes so real in your minds that it seems to start consuming you all from within, that is all. You can then herd them
into the place of eternal roasting that you have created in your minds. That should give you peace of mind again. Now go away and let me continue with my rest!

Christians:
Thank you, our lord! We are truly grateful to you, eternal father.

But God is already fast asleep and snoring. The christians qietly left looking very happy indeed. Their collective ego has just been given a very big boost.

grin grin I really enjoyed this!
Re: When Did God Create Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Apr 23, 2010
ttalks:

Enjoyed what,the dry joke?  You must have a very dry sense of humour. undecided
Re: When Did God Create Hell? by jagunlabi(m): 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2010
ttalks:

Pleased that i could entertain you, ttalks. A little humour in a dour forum is never a bad thing. wink smiley
Re: When Did God Create Hell? by jagunlabi(m): 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Enjoyed what,the dry joke?  You must have a very dry sense of humour. undecided
grin grin grin
Re: When Did God Create Hell? by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 24, 2010
Men created Hell for themselves when they misuse the neutral power from on-high.
Re: When Did God Create Hell? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2010
[size=13pt]That's true. . . . grin[/size]
enitan2002:

Men created Hell for themselves when they misuse the neutral power from on-high.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did God Know That Adam And Eve Would Sin Before Creating Them? / Checkout These 15 Hilarious Bible Memes / What Does The Bible Teach About The Trinity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.