Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port (14875 Views)

NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) / Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning / Reps Appropriated N2billion For Ajaokuta Concessioning- Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Blue3k2: 1:39pm On Jan 30, 2018
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), and immediate former managing director of National Inland Waterway Authority (NIWA), Boss Mustapha has assured the Niger State Government that the Baro River Port will be delivered by the Federal Government this year.

However, he was silent on the endless readiness for the concessioning of Onitsha River Port completed more than four years ago.

For uncountable times, business stakeholders and traditional rulers form the South East had approached the federal government to kick start the port operations at the Onitsha River Port since the beginning of this administration, but no clear response has been received.

National Daily recalls that during the visit of the Vice president to Nnewi last year, South East Business Community cried to Prof Yemi Osinbajo to commission the port.

Though the Vice president assured that government will consider that on his return, January this marks his meeting with the South East stakeholder more than five months and nothing has happened as the facility repaired by former administration with over N4bn rot away.

On the completion of Baro Port, the SGF assured the Niger State Governor, Abubakar Sani Bello in his office, that all procurement processes are already completed and that the Central Bank of the Nigeria (CBN) has issued Letter of Credit while manufacturers have so far been committed.

According to him, “Giving the great economic importance of the Baro Port to the country, discussion on it resonated at the recent commissioning of the Dry Inland Cargo Port at Kaduna by Mr. President”.

Source: http://nationaldailyng.com/fg-silent-on-concessioning-of-onitsha-port-assures-early-delivery-of-baro-port-this-year/

1 Share

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Blue3k2: 2:14pm On Jan 30, 2018
The federal government dumb for not just concessioning the port and scoring easy political points. They could have done it at the same time the did the dry ports. Anyway the federal government still has other river ports to complete and dredge if the want to follow EGRP.

1 Like

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Blue3k2: 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2018
Bump
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Okoroawusa: 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2018
what is the OP trying to say?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Blue3k2: 10:18pm On Jan 30, 2018
Okoroawusa:
what is the OP trying to say?

Everyone knows SE ports don't matter. That's why Jonathan and buhari won't bother concessioning port. There's more important projects up north to attend to.

“Giving the great economic importance of the Baro Port to the country, discussion on it resonated at the recent commissioning of the Dry Inland Cargo Port at Kaduna by Mr. President”.

SGF Boss Mustapha 

3 Likes

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by SlayerSupreme: 11:57pm On Jan 30, 2018
The Op and the useless Boss Mustapha are a big part of the reason Nigeria is a shithole. The government playing favoritism at the national level will only drive the country up the list of shithole countries around the world. Commissioning dead projects in the North like that railway to Niger republic will only continue to sink the nation economically and mind you,in spite of all these gimmicks,the Igbo people you're targeting will always be better off.

84 Likes 15 Shares

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Blue3k2: 12:06am On Jan 31, 2018
SlayerSupreme:
The Op and the useless Boss Mustapha are a big part of the reason Nigeria is a shithole. The government playing favoritism at the national level will only drive the country up the list of shithole countries around the world. Commissioning dead projects in the North like that railway to Niger republic will only continue to sink the nation economically and mind you,in spite of all these gimmicks,the Igbo people you're targeting will always be better off.

Lol it's my fault your your politicians North and South both sideline you? Lol it's like you forgot Amaechi the self describes Igbo man is minister of transport. It's funny you bring up Niger rail when buhari is simply copying Jonathan's example. Can u explain how I'm targeting you? Try reading my initial comment before answering.

4 Likes

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by NothingDoMe: 1:04am On Jan 31, 2018
Blue3k2:

Everyone knows SE ports don't matter. That's why Jonathan and buhari won't bother concessioning port. There's more important projects up north to attend to.

You used to be objective. I guess desperation to save a dying and failed leader has affected your head.

8 Likes

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:43am On Jan 31, 2018
Blue3k2:

You are very ignorant, southeast are major importers and hub of commerce in Nigeria, bitter soul same you opened thread few days ago where NIM boss said southeast business guys import ,45% of containers in Nigeria

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:44am On Jan 31, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Blue3k2: 2:00am On Jan 31, 2018
post=64654527:

You are very ignorant, southeast are major importers and hub of commerce in Nigeria, bitter soul same you opened thread few days ago where NIM boss said southeast business guys import ,45% of containers in Nigeria

Lol I posted the story to the website. I already know about that statement. It doesn't change fact the government is yet concession port. The SE ports are effectively sidelined. Lol it's funny how a little trolling get you guys to comment on story when it's time to chest beat.

Check the date of your story and tell me I'm wrong. Also remember it's been 4 years since port was completed. Most likely he made a slip off tongue. You see both quotes below.

Whoever says the port is not viable does not have the economics. 40 percent, about 45 percent of the cargoes that come to Nigeria end up in the south eastern market. How are they going there, by road? 

SGF Boss Mustapha 

So if 40 percent or 45 percent of the cargo that come to Nigeria is bound for the eastern market, then movement on the waterways is the most adequate in terms of cost, in terms of movement in bulk.

SGF Boss Mustapha

1 Like

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by DocHMD: 6:39am On Jan 31, 2018
This is why I feel like killing any buffonhari supporter from the East. Just look at the way landlocked abokkis are hustling to build inland dry ports all over their arid region but the SE that is just 30 mins away from the atlantic ocean cannot get any?

If the SE landmass actually belonged to these fulanis, the ports they'll build there would have made lagos useless.

Cursed remain the shithole!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:38am On Jan 31, 2018
Blue3k2:

Lol I posted the story to the website. I already know about that statement. It doesn't change fact the government is yet concession port. The SE ports are effectively sidelined. Lol it's funny how a little trolling get you guys to comment on story when it's time to chest beat.

Check the date of your story and tell me I'm wrong. Also remember it's been 4 years since port was completed. Most likely he made a slip off tongue. You see both quotes below.

Oji nwata na ana ji onweya, when you are holding down a child you are holding yourself, there is no peace for the wicked, that's the law of Kama, I can see how poverty free your region is or how develop your region is We are all in the same shithole, their wicked policies is not stopping us from controlling commerce and indigenous industries

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by aolawale025: 8:58am On Jan 31, 2018
Onitsha port is of more commercial importance than baro. Why is government not seeing that

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by SlayerSupreme: 9:48am On Jan 31, 2018
[s]
Blue3k2:

Lol it's my fault your your politicians North and South both sideline you? Lol it's like you forgot Amaechi the self describes Igbo man is minister of transport. It's funny you bring up Niger rail when buhari is simply copying Jonathan's example. Can u explain how I'm targeting you? Try reading my initial comment before answering.
[/s]

Oga go and have a seat.
1) You didn't properly understand my post.
2) You and everybody like you who support sectarianism are pushing Nigeria up the list of shithole countries.

Good day.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by SlayerSupreme: 9:51am On Jan 31, 2018
post=64657201:

Oji nwata na ana ji onweya, when you are holding down a child you are holding yourself, there is no peace for the wicked, that's the law of Kama, I can see how poverty free your region is or how develop your region is We are all in the same shithole, their wicked policies is not stopping us from controlling commerce and indigenous industries

Leave that chap.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by nku5: 9:54am On Jan 31, 2018
aolawale025:
Onitsha port is of more commercial importance than baro. Why is government not seeing that

Because bigotry and self interest takes away the ability of people in power to reason properly. Even a 5 year old knows that a Lagos-Benin-Onitsha-Port Harcourt railway line is hundreds of times more viable than say a Katsina-Daura railway line.

Nigeria's problems are very simple

34 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by NonsoWow: 10:12am On Jan 31, 2018
This is another hopeless venture. A waste of scarce resources. No single port on the river niger will be able to function until the river is properly dredged. I am not talking about the political dredging that yar'adua did.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Pubichairs(m): 10:13am On Jan 31, 2018
cool
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 31, 2018
Onitsha people are only 5%
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by emmysoftyou: 10:17am On Jan 31, 2018
nku5:

Because bigotry and self interest takes away the ability of people in power to reason properly. Even a 5 year old knows that a Lagos-Benin-Onitsha-Port Harcourt railway line is hundreds of times more viable than say a Katsina-Daura railway line.

Nigeria's problems are very simple
Exactly bro

6 Likes

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Alexgeneration(m): 10:18am On Jan 31, 2018
FG is not really silent, we all heard the president when he called them 5%

So no surprises

3 Likes

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by nkwuocha1: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2018
grin grin
By now whatever nepotism this government does hardly offends me.The North is still not better off than the South despite the favouritism, so why should I be pissed off?!

15 Likes

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by sapientia(m): 10:22am On Jan 31, 2018
shameful

1 Like

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:23am On Jan 31, 2018
NonsoWow:
This is another hopeless venture. A waste of scarce resources. No single port on the river niger will be able to function until the river is properly dredged. I am not talking about the political dredging that yar'adua did.
Read
Onitsha Port: Anambra shippers task FG

The Anambra State Shippers Association has called on the Federal Government to gazette Onitsha River-Port as final destination for container goods coming into the country. This was just as the association commended the government for making Warri Seaport functional as wharf of final destination for cargo goods. The President of the association, Mr. Emma Akpaka, made the call at the weekend, in Onitsha, while speaking with newsmen on the recent move by the association to adopt Warri wharf as destination for all its container goods. He noted that Warri Port was cut off from cargo transportation for about 10 years on flimsy excuses, as if deposits of many natural resources in Nigeria were a divine mistake. [b] When the news filtered in that it has opened for business, shippers doubted it until Julius Berger Services Nig. Ltd assembled importers/exporters on August 5 in Onitsha and August 6 in Nnewi, to confirm the good news.

“Another spice to the business in Warri wharf is that Julius Berger Services has floated vessels that carry containers from any location in the world to Warri Port at cheaper rate. “Anambra shippers received this information with skepticism until Mr. Thilo Ackermann, the General Manager of the company, took enough time to convince shippers that the company ventured into shipping after a solid foundation that equally considered the reputation of the mother company.” He said it was excitement galore as shippers in the state heaved a sigh of relief that henceforth, their containers will come through Warri Port faster and cheaper. The shippers’ boss said his association decided to work in Warri Port because of its proximity to Onitsha and Nnewi, the commercial and industrial hubs of the South-East respectively. [/b] However, he urged that the Customs and other relevant agencies should be transparent and avoid, “strange and frustrating rules that breed suspicion.

3 Likes

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Gkay1(m): 10:23am On Jan 31, 2018
abandon project
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by jures(m): 10:25am On Jan 31, 2018
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:25am On Jan 31, 2018
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by benben1000: 10:27am On Jan 31, 2018
There is a grand agenda to marginalize and STRANGLE Igbos to death economically. Igbos should hold their useless elders responsible for allowing this evil to continue going on for over 50yrs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by MaziEDOZIE(m): 10:27am On Jan 31, 2018
Zendinho:

Actually my phone can't view the picture but i think
the girl has no right to beat up her boyfriend in
public. Maybe they should report the matter to their
village elders. But if the neighbour refused to pay
the rent, they should just kill the landlord and forget
about the missing car. I'm out
...were you actually high on Codeine or SK?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Red Cross Threatens To Vacate Nigeria Following The Killing Of Hauwa Liman / COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama / FG Owes Contractors Over ₦‎11 Trillion, Says Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.