Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,952 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:17 AM

Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' (20893 Views)

Oduduwa Temple In Sao Paulo, Brazil (Photos) / DHA 2020: Ooni Of Ife Receives Imperial Royal Father Of The Year Awards In Abuja / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by 9jakool: 11:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
Olu317:
According to Joseph Greenberg, he postulated four source in which language similarities could emerge. And they are
1. Chance
2. Symbolism
3. Borrowing
4. Genetic relationship

The daily spoken words of Yorubas is one third of arabic—Semitic Origin.
Below are some list;
one-third? How did you arrive to that conclusion? Where are your sources? Arabic loan words is maybe just 1% of spoken Yoruba.
Aàrá (Yoruba)—Ar-ra ad (Arabic- Semitic) Thunder
Abèrè Ibrah needle
Alààyè Al Hayyu The living one
Asalé Asal Evening
Aanu Hannan/Hannon Mercy/Merciful
Baále/Baalè. Ba'al Husband/Lord
Dabira Dabbara Dispose
Èebu Ayb Abuse
Fìtíla Fatilah wick
Omugo Hamuqa Stupid/ slowpoke
Wakati Waqt. Time
ìran Irah look/watchful
Ogun Og Associated with war(warrior
)

Yes some of those words like wakati or fitila are clearly loan words from Arabic that came to Yoruba through trade. It's quite sad seeing you trying so hard to pass off pure Yoruba words as Arabic Loan words like Iran, omugo (which in reality stems from the Yoruba word "Ago" meaning stupid/dumb), eebu(which stems from the verb bu ,meaning to insult), or ogun (which is a direct Yoruba word for war, the Arabic equivalence is harb).
[s]Yorubas are set of people that developed from fusion of different group that became one. According to Al Ilori , these origin is traceable to four groups .
Namely;
1. Negroes
2. Nubians
3. Berbers
4. Arabs—Hebrew(Middle Eastern)

The man who was the rallying point was Odua(The first “Ooni" )

You can also read; “Ancient Egyptian and modern Yoruba [/s]"

No, that's another lie. Congrats! You're just another brainwashed Arab/Egyptian/Hebrew wannabe suffering from inferiority complex trying so hard to rewrite history to feel some sort of accomplishment. You don't and can't speak for a people of 40-50 million people with this crap you wrote up there. No, I can't and won't stand by it. It's just you and your descendants that came from the Middle East. Get that?

This is why the rest of he world laughs at people like you and say you have no history until the arrival of he Europeans. Why? It's because people like you don't take pride in your identity, but instead condemn your heritage, corrupt your culture, and make up imaginary stories that you originate from some far fetched place instead of the land that birthed you.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 1:45am On Feb 19, 2018
Olu317:
According to Joseph Greenberg, he postulated four source in which language similarities could emerge. And they are
1. Chance
2. Symbolism
3. Borrowing
4. Genetic relationship

The daily spoken words of Yorubas is one third of arabic—Semitic Origin.
Below are some list;
Aàrá (Yoruba)—Ar-ra ad (Arabic- Semitic) Thunder
Abèrè Ibrah needle
Alààyè Al Hayyu The living one
Asalé Asal Evening
Aanu Hannan/Hannon Mercy/Merciful
Baále/Baalè. Ba'al Husband/Lord
Dabira Dabbara Dispose
Èebu Ayb Abuse
Fìtíla Fatilah wick
Omugo Hamuqa Stupid/ slowpoke
Wakati Waqt. Time
ìran Irah look/watchful
Ogun Og Associated with war(warrior
)

Yorubas are set of people that developed from fusion of different group that became one. According to Al Ilori , these origin is traceable to four groups .
Namely;
1. Negroes
2. Nubians
3. Berbers
4. Arabs—Hebrew(Middle Eastern)

The man who was the rallying point was Odua(The first “Ooni" )

You can also read; “Ancient Egyptian and modern Yoruba "
Ok I will check about it. Could you give me the percentage of those 4 ancestry of Yoruba?
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by AfriRenaissance: 4:49am On Feb 19, 2018
It's sickening to see how mentally disturbed Africans are in this modern age. It's not only this person, but other people from other ethnic groups also propose a "Middle Eastern" migration theory. Some Fulbe and other unknowing Africans claim they come from Israel. Some Hausa's claim they come from Arabia. Some Igbo's say they come from Israel... The embarrassing thing was that a Jewish organization from Israel came to Nigeria to test the "Igbo Jews". They found out they are not related. So, you bring the white man to your country, for him to look at you and say "Negro, we are not related". What's wrong with you guys? I'm genuinely curious, who taught you to hate yourself - Speaking directly to you, Olu. We need genetic evidence. Writings from archaic studies in the past are of no help anymore. Olu, please post a link regarding the Yoruba's genetic match to Arabs. Please don't go into a long winded argument about blah-blah, just post facts man.

Just so we're certain, it's common knowledge within the scientific community that modern day Israel/Palestine was one of the first areas of mixing/mating with Neanderthals. Africans migrating out of Africa and into Asia met the Neanderthals there and mated with them, creating a "modern human". So by this, you're telling us that you are in fact a descendant of those that descended from Neanderthals? You admitted it.

It's also a well-known fact within the scientific community that Africans have no Neanderthal admixture (Only those not mixed with Europeans/Arabs/Asians). So in fact we are "pure humans". Not Neanderthal monkey hybrids like the desert dwellers you claim ancestry from.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/01/humans-and-neandertals-likely-interbred-middle-east
https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium-early-homo-sapiens-mated-neanderthals-1.5407342

The fact that you completely skipped over the chart showing the genetic composition of Yoruba spoke volumes. You know there is no genetic link, so you didn't reply to that comment. Let this be a lesson to those reading this thread, the black man got rid of his physical chains but the mental shackles are still on. Olu, can't shake the mark of his oppressor, so he tries to identify with him.

The old saying - "If you can't beat them, join them" comes to mind.

We must also take into account that Olu in fact could be a troll wink They have paid white people trying to rile the emotions of blacks.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/28/media/blacktivist-russia-facebook-twitter/index.html

Blessings to you all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 1:40pm On Feb 19, 2018
I will not engage myself in an uninformed juxtaposition. I have seen on this forum ,the level at which people are always unwilling to learn through studying. If, Al Ilori ,who is a known historian, mentioned, people who were major groups of founding founders of Yoruba, why would unknown and faceless. being condemn fact based on historical and etymology? Anyway, it only show the emptiness in critics without any value.

For clarity; The archaic people, of ancient Bantu were the ones referred at first as NEGROID. And Nubian were historically outstanding in Dynastic period of Egyptians Pharaoh/Fero. The ancient time had no time to be called black ,Brown, Pale Brown, Light skin, Arabs,Caucasians, etc but by their kingdom's name. Nubians in the ancient time was a place which inhabit different tribes. Today, the speakers of Nubian language can be found in sudan and Egypt. These speakers are about 2000,000 in population.

I gave out few words of Yorubas daily routinely use with same or nearest in meaning with Afroasia—Semitic language, Someone want to die over it. Are the words made in heaven or where? If you can criticise and dont have counter information, with reference from known authors, Why quote me? Study, study and study ,so that DNA will be simple to be understood by the knowledge seekers. Least I forget, Yoruba and some other groups were classified as Neanderthal. And not all Africans carry admixture with Eurasian.
This is ONE ACCOUNT on analysis on admixture of tribes in Sub Sahara Africa, . There are numerous of them on the Internet. If you are interested in learning , then dedicate your time for it. Try to read and stop being myopic.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
9jakool:

one-third? How did you arrive to that conclusion? Where are your sources? Arabic loan words is maybe just 1% of spoken Yoruba.

Yes some of those words like wakati or fitila are clearly loan words from Arabic that came to Yoruba through trade. It's quite sad seeing you trying so hard to pass off pure Yoruba words as Arabic Loan words like Iran, omugo (which in reality stems from the Yoruba word "Ago" meaning stupid/dumb), eebu(which stems from the verb bu ,meaning to insult), or ogun (which is a direct Yoruba word for war, the Arabic equivalence is harb).

No, that's another lie. Congrats! You're just another brainwashed Arab/Egyptian/Hebrew wannabe suffering from inferiority complex trying so hard to rewrite history to feel some sort of accomplishment. You don't and can't speak for a people of 40-50 million people with this crap you wrote up there. No, I can't and won't stand by it. It's just you and your descendants that came from the Middle East. Get that?

This is why the rest of he world laughs at people like you and say you have no history until the arrival of he Europeans. Why? It's because people like you don't take pride in your identity, but instead condemn your heritage, corrupt your culture, and make up imaginary stories that you originate from some far fetched place instead of the land that birthed you.
first of all, your emotional attachment to egocentrism about an identity with no CLEAR DEFINITION OF WHO YOU ARE is very disappointing . Secondly, I thought you are a scholar but you have proven it wrong because ,according to linguistic analyst , Joseph Greenberg, said four WERE THE CLASSICAL WAYS LANGUAGE SIMILARITIES CAN EXIST. I had thought you will take up from there? You failed. Thirdly, it seem you have forgotten that Olumide Lucas wrote about Yoruba words similar to ancient Egyptians ? May be I should send you a link that knock off your 1% and mine ‘one third' Arabic—semitic spoken to stay. Fourthly, have you forgotten, word like Ajò( Hajj—semitic ) is related to travelling ? etc. Since, it hurt you so much to deliberately quote me and refers to descendants as from Middle East, well, I have nothing against you but to open the eyes of the blind by ENCOURAGING YORUBAS TO STUDY.

Again; Ogun(war),Ogun(Name of Ooni ) is similar to Canaanite history......... of a King Og ( associated with war and name of a Canaanite king) Are the names by chance?

‘ The only etymology of ‘Og’ which makes sense of his association with the warriors of the Rephaim is, as Chaim Rabin suggested, something similar to the South Semitic ǵwg, meaning ‘man’ or ‘man of valour’. Thus, ‘Og’ is not a personal name but a title of a Canaanite king. It is similar to other titles of the Ugaritic and Canaanite kings which emphasise their manhood par excellence, and thus their strength and military prowess:'

Funny enough, I know the name too much... Me condemn my heritage , how ? So, tracing the ancient PROWESS OF MY ANCESTORS IS COMDENMING MY HERITAGE? YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT YOU INFERRED ON THIS PLATFORM.

My names and surname will testify to who I am
IF you doubt Google ‘og' and see it for yourself . After all new acquired knowledge gives an added value. Add more value to yourself! Lobatan.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by macof(m): 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
Olu31
Mr. Man shut the hell up and stop giving others reasons to insult the Yoruba.

From israel to Egypt to Canaan. All your nonsense have been debunked...every single one

If you don't know your history you can move to Israel or anywhere in the middle East to claim your fatherland
Leave Yorubaland for those who are from Yorubaland and proud to identify with Africa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 6:55pm On Feb 19, 2018
Obviously, these fake Yorubas who can do nothing but use vulgar words at others when others have more information to knock off their self claim theories without scientific, etymological, oral account to support them . For those interested ,below are some list of books that can help those who want to read and expand beyond these pseudo-scholars who don't have sources for their CLAIMS.

Renowned Authors , who have done their best in unraveling Yoruba Identity, culture, etymology etc ,among others.
1.Sixteen Cowries by William Bascom

2. Tales of Yoruba Gods & Heroes by Harold Courlander

3. Milestones and Social Systems in Yoruba History and Culture by I.A. Akinjogbin

4. West African Traditional Religion by Kofi Asaee Opoku

5. Oya: In Praise of the Goddess by Judith Gleason

6. The Cult of Sango by H.L. Ayobunmi Sosi Sangode

7. Olodumare: God in Yoruba Belief by Bolaji E. Idowu

8. Odu Ifa by Maulana Karenga

9. Black Gods: Orisa Studies in the New World by Gary Edwards and John Mason

10. Four New World Yoruba Rituals by John Mason

11. The Handbook of Yoruba Religious Concepts by Baba Ifa Karade

12. The History of the Yorubas by Rev. Samuel Johnson Pastor of Oyo

13. Africa's Ogun by Sandra T. Barnes

14. Olookun: Owner of Rivers & Seas by John Mason

15. Words and Meaning in Yoruba Religion: Linguistic Connections in Yoruba, Ancient Egyptian and Semitic by Modupe Oduyoye

16. The Imprisonment of Obatala by Obatunde Ijimere

17. Ifaism: The Complete Works of Orumula by C. Osmanolbie and C. Osamaro Ible

I remain, my humble self.......

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 10:41am On Feb 21, 2018
Hati13:

Ok I will check about it. Could you give me the percentage of those 4 ancestry of Yoruba?
I don't have such statistic as it regard the percentage of the groups that was postulated by a widely read Islamic Scholar known as Al Ilori , in my fold but I can specifically infer that the kingly lineages within Yoruba Race are 90—95% related to Odua either via patrilineal or matrilineal side. Ijebu axis has a mixture of Yorubas because, some Ijebus like Ijebu Igbo claim to have lived in Nubian(Sudan) axis at one point in time or the other while other Ijebus claim descendants from group of people from ILE IFE. The same can be said about ILORIN axis, which is a multiracial group that became fused through intermarriages.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 21, 2018
Olu317:
I don't have such statistic as it regard the percentage of the groups that was postulated by a widely read Islamic Scholar known as Al Ilori , in my fold but I can specifically infer that the kingly lineages within Yoruba Race are 90—95% related to Odua either via patrilineal or matrilineal side. Ijebu axis has a mixture of Yorubas because, some Ijebus like Ijebu Igbo claim to have lived in Nubian(Sudan) axis at one point in time or the other while other Ijebus claim descendants from group of people from ILE IFE. The same can be said about ILORIN axis, which is a multiracial group that became fused through intermarriages.

cheesy
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Ndipe(m): 4:24am On Dec 18, 2018
So who then is Oduduwa?
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by lawani: 10:23am On Dec 21, 2018
Oduduwa called himself nimrods son the way you would call yourself a son of oduduwa. Nimrod was a contemporary of terah abrahams father he lived thousands of years before oduduwa
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by bluke(m): 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2018
Olu317:
Obviously, these fake Yorubas who can do nothing but use vulgar words at others when others have more information to knock off their self claim theories without scientific, etymological, oral account to support them . For those interested ,below are some list of books that can help those who want to read and expand beyond these pseudo-scholars who don't have sources for their CLAIMS.

Renowned Authors , who have done their best in unraveling Yoruba Identity, culture, etymology etc ,among others.
1.Sixteen Cowries by William Bascom

2. Tales of Yoruba Gods & Heroes by Harold Courlander

3. Milestones and Social Systems in Yoruba History and Culture by I.A. Akinjogbin

4. West African Traditional Religion by Kofi Asaee Opoku

5. Oya: In Praise of the Goddess by Judith Gleason

6. The Cult of Sango by H.L. Ayobunmi Sosi Sangode

7. Olodumare: God in Yoruba Belief by Bolaji E. Idowu

8. Odu Ifa by Maulana Karenga

9. Black Gods: Orisa Studies in the New World by Gary Edwards and John Mason

10. Four New World Yoruba Rituals by John Mason

11. The Handbook of Yoruba Religious Concepts by Baba Ifa Karade

12. The History of the Yorubas by Rev. Samuel Johnson Pastor of Oyo

13. Africa's Ogun by Sandra T. Barnes

14. Olookun: Owner of Rivers & Seas by John Mason

15. Words and Meaning in Yoruba Religion: Linguistic Connections in Yoruba, Ancient Egyptian and Semitic by Modupe Oduyoye

16. The Imprisonment of Obatala by Obatunde Ijimere

17. Ifaism: The Complete Works of Orumula by C. Osmanolbie and C. Osamaro Ible

I remain, my humble self.......

pls i need an ecopy of infakul maisuri by sulthan bello. will appreciate your assistance, thanks
canonbj66@gmail.com
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
bluke:

pls i need an ecopy of infakul maisuri by sulthan bello. will appreciate your assistance, thanks
canonbj66@gmail.com

I am sorry I don't have it in full but a pdf .The journal I got was a pdf through Jstor. Perhaps, you can get through: https://www.google.com/url?, https://www.google.com/url?q=http://digitool.library.mcgill.ca/thesisfile75991
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by bluke(m): 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2018
Olu317:

I am sorry I don't have it in full but a pdf .The journal I got was a pdf through Jstor. Perhaps, you can get through: https://www.google.com/url?, https://www.google.com/url?q=http://digitool.library.mcgill.ca/thesisfile75991

can u pls mail the pdf
canonbj66@gmail.com
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Amujale(m): 4:13am On Jan 30, 2019
The Yoruba are the offsprings of some of the most ancient ethnic group ever to roam the face of the earth.

The Yoruba is so ancient that the groups that broke off forming the Fon civilisation are considered ancient in today’s history.

The Homeland of the Yorubas is convieniently situated in the region of planet that all the earth sciences point towards as being the earliest human settlement ever recorded by humans.

Africa, the history of our continent is riddled with mystery and fog, is that because the Europeans took our history back with them to their homeland?

Many examples can be found in museums and scientific reliefs.

However, there’s need to research everything about Africa from an African perspective.

Africans are the keepers of the Earth. Everything about our natural spirituality points towards the uplifting of Nature and respecting and acknowledging the importance of respecting and uplifting spirituality in the African narrative.

African is the reason our Earth flourishes in the unique way it does.

Naturally, our location on the globe is in it direct cohoot with the Earth; sitting at its centre.

Along the millennia’s that have past, Africans have always considered their surroundings as a part of their fabric of everyday life.

Kemet personnel being highly skilled mathematicians, built all sorts of impossible structures; managing to simplify complicated socio - economic problems and simultaneously solving huge philosophical ones.

The Greek civilisation was largely influenced by Kemet (ancient Egypt). Various accounts of ancient scholars paints a picture of anyone who was anyone that was Greek visited kemet to get taught by the Kemetic Priests. Kemetic priest are like the scientist and academics of the day.

The father of western orthordox medicine is a Greek hero known as Hippocrates.

The universal father of orthodox medicine is an African call Imhotep. Imhotep, a multi - genius; kemetic priest; a celebrated academic; credited with building the pyramid of Djoser.

It is widely accepted among African historians that the Yoruba (alongside the Edo, Ibo, Hausa and Fulani type) are among the many ethnic groups that built Kemet (ancient Egypt); other groups coming from modern day Ethiopia, niger, Benin, Chad, Cameroon, Ghana, Togo, Mali and many other regions in West Africa and other regions on the continent.

The building of Egypt by Africans from different regions of the continent was the African Dream for a many millennia.

The train from South of The Sahara rolled towards Kemet , collecting new recruits from various different ethnic groups all the way to Sudan.

Here the ancient Africans from all around the continent drew up their plan to build what was to later become the cornerstone of European and Asian civilisations like Greek, Roman, Persian, Arabian e.t.c. and also, modern civilisation owes its rapid finacial, ideological and technological success solely to Africa.

Kemet was the name the ancient Egyptian gave their land before European war mongers began to plunder the ancient sacred sites in search of gold and unbelievable treasures; later renaming it Egypt.

The ancient Egyptians buried their Pharaohs with amazing treasure chest, Europeans, Persians and Arabs heard of these stories of limitless gold and lost all their senses; desecrating and plundering everything in their sight; fighting themselves over
treasures.

The present day Egyptians are the reminders of those crazy thoughtless expeditions. Arab invasion that later settled on the land as conquerers.

According to present day historians, there has never been a civilisation on the face of the earth that has, or is ever likely to, top the success of the ancient Egyptians (Khemet).
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Amujale(m): 4:32am On Jan 30, 2019
When the Yorubas and their Nigerian counterparts are thriving in antiquity, Khemets dynasty wasn’t even an after thought in the minds of Africans.

People from all around Africa built Khemet. Khemet did not exist before West African culture; that is to say, West Africa communities predates Khemet.

During these times, the only people on the planet are black Africans (including the Fulani & Ethopian type); before the initial migration that went on to populate, Asia, Australasia, Europe, The Americas, The North and South Pole.

It’s important to note that most archealogical sites present in African arent matched with their correct carbon-dating readings. European and Arabic academics are known to distort readings for purely malicious reasons.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Ndipe(m): 10:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by lawani: 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
Father does not always mean father literally. If I say Awolowo is the father of Yoruba I would be right but he is not the father literally. Father can also mean ancestor like Nimrod is the father of Oduduwa.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2019
lawani:
Father does not always mean father literally. If I say Awolowo is the father of Yoruba I would be right but he is not the father literally. Father can also mean ancestor like Nimrod is the father of Oduduwa.

lawani,when will you understand certain things? Odudua as a man wasn't a descendant of Nimrod. IFA wasnt known under Nimrod .So be mindful of what you post online.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by lawani: 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2019
Olu317:

lawani,when will you understand certain things? Odudua as a man wasn't a descendant of Nimrod. IFA wasnt known under Nimrod .So be mindful of what you post online.
Oduduwa mentioned the name Lamurudu to his children
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2019
lawani:
Oduduwa mentioned the name Lamurudu to his children

No Sir, there was no man called Odudua in West Africa but an ancestor's name that became an household name among his descendants.Invariably, Odudua is a title and lineage identity. Oshin-Oshea- Josiah was more precisely the man that reigned in West Africa. And truthfully,the man didn't exist during the time of Nimrod-Lamurudu in Mesopotamia but after Nimrod-Lamurudu's time.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by lawani: 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2019
Olu317:

No Sir, there was no man called Odudua in West Africa but an ancestor's name that became an household name among his descendants.Invariably, Odudua is a title and lineage identity. Oshin-Oshea- Josiah was more precisely the man that reigned in West Africa. And truthfully,the man didn't exist during the time of Nimrod-Lamurudu in Mesopotamia but after Nimrod-Lamurudu's time.
A man was renamed Oduduwa and made king in ile ife and the man reiterated to his children that he was a descendant of lamurudu
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Ndipe(m): 12:28am On Feb 09, 2019
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Amujale(m): 1:26am On Feb 09, 2019
Oduduwa is the Legendary father of Yoruba. A war machine force of nature in his own right; and a remarkable ruler.

Oduduwa is Yoruba probably hailing from Oke Ora or the Okun areas in Nigeria. He couldn’t have come from Saudi Arabia because there was no people living in Asia at the time.

The Mecca story is probably the work of earlier Arabic scholars trying to wipe out their fathers culture; but it won’t work in 2019.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Amujale(m): 1:47am On Feb 09, 2019
All these newcomers trying to write their grandfathers history.

Arabs and Europeans are two of the more latest communities to arrive on the global stage, and now they both control one-third each and it’s very sad for those that find themselves within either of their control.

They, the Arabs and Europeans control minds, soul and discourse.

Africa needs to defend against these evil plotters and develop our own minds, re-enforce our souls to the African cause and maintain our discourse.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Amujale(m): 1:51am On Feb 09, 2019
The global world is broken and needs fixing. The only thing on our planet that can come close enough to finding a cure for the entire global world’s problems is the spirituality according to an African.

Nigeria is the Giant of Africa.

There’s need for us Nigerians to stop looking outwards for nothingingness.

All the answers of the world’s problems are in our dormain one way or another.

Africans held all the answers to all worldly problems.

There is no people(s) outside of Africa (Diaspora) that really wishes Africans any good, all they are really after are our minerals.

The best thing about our Great continent is widely considered her trickiest among her many great qualities; natural resources.

Our Great continent is the oldest and as a result, the richest on the planet.

Let’s re-write history for the sake of the coming generation. The ones we keep passing-the-buck to, they are going to need a good start, or a concept to develop.

Here’s is what’s proposed:

The African Dream.

What is the African dream?

The African dream is the narrative that stands on the assumption that the rest of the world is crazed with lust for materialistic things and has neglected what really matters, our relationship with (the African) God(s).

Furthermore, it’s us Africans that will eventually have to come to the rescue of the rest of the world.

In this scenario, all organised religions operating in the African continent will eventually lose out to this new way of thinking. A pan - African progressive narrative that anywhere in the world Africans can relate to, work towards and rally around.

The African Dream
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 9:57am On Feb 09, 2019
lawani:
A man was renamed Oduduwa and made king in ile ife and the man reiterated to his children that he was a descendant of lamurudu

Sorry I disagree with you. As far as I know there was no man called Odudua in ILE IFE because it is an ancestor's lineage name and title. In fact, Oshin was the name of the man that existed in Ile Ife and being adressed as Elu-fin,Olu-fin,Olo-fin and with other titles.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by lawani: 10:47am On Feb 09, 2019
Olu317:

Sorry I disagree with you. As far as I know there was no man called Odudua in ILE IFE because it is an ancestor's lineage name and title. In fact, Oshin was the name of the man that existed in Ile Ife and being adressed as Elu-fin,Olu-fin,Olo-fin and with other titles.
there was an Oduduwa who lived 51 Kings ago in ile ife who described himself as a descendant of nimrod
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Obalufon: 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2019
Oduduwa the king or oduduwa the creator
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Obalufon: 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2019
Amujale:
Oduduwa is the Legendary father of Yoruba. A war machine force of nature in his own right; and a remarkable ruler.

Oba Oduduwa is Yoruba probably hailing from Oke Ora or the Okun areas in Nigeria. He couldn’t have come from Saudi Arabia because there was no people living in Asia at the time.

The Mecca story is probably the work of earlier Arabic scholars trying to wipe out their fathers culture; but it won’t work in 2019.

Oba Oduduwa ..that's derogatory statement..
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Amujale(m): 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2019
Amujale:

Oba Oduduwa is Yoruba probably hailing from Oke Ora or the Okun areas in Nigeria. He couldn’t have come from Saudi Arabia because there was no people living in Asia at the time.

Obalufon:
Oduduwa the king or oduduwa the creator

Oduduwa the Emperor. My loyalty to the Royal lineage knows no bound, my reference “Oba” shouldn’t be taken as an offence, rather, if taken in context, should further prove my high regard to the presence of a remarkable chronology. And yes, I am a Yoruba royalist but very quick to learn from others and will continue to learn and teach.
Re: Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' by Olu317(m): 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2019
lawani:
there was an Oduduwa who lived 51 Kings ago in ile ife who described himself as a descendant of nimrod

No Sir! in the , Art in Ancient Ife, Birth place of the Yoruba, Suzanne Preston Blier mentioned says, “The Ikedu oral history text addressing Ife’s history (an annotated kings list transposed from the early Ife dialect; Akinjogbin n.d.) indicates that it was during the reign of Ife’s 46th king—what appears to be two rulers prior to the famous King Obalufon II, that this violent civil war broke out. This conflict weakened the city enough so that there was little resistance when a military force under the conqueror Oranmiyan (Fig. 2) arrived in this historic city. The dispute likely was framed in part around issues of control of Ife’s rich manufacturing resources (glass beads, among these). Conceivably it was one of Ife’s feuding polities that invited this outsider force to come to Ife to help rectify the situation for their side. As Akinjogbin explains (1992:98), Oranmiyan and his calvary, after gaining control of Ife “.… stemmed the.… uprising by siding with the weaker … of the disunited pre-Oduduwa groups .… [driving Obalufon II] into exile at Ilara and became the Ooni."

The point to the above quote is that 45 kings was said to have reigned in ancient UFE before the man who was identified as Odudua that made civil war happened in Nigeria's UFE that changed the face of the land because it was a cosmopolitan city.Thus the proper beginning of the descendants of Ooni Odudua-Oshin Imole was when Oranmiyan begun to reign,which is the reason there are inconsistency in the order of the king lists.This only showed there existed in UFE kings list whose history are enshrined in mystery and these Kings have no proper record in Yoruba land in Nigeria.

It is noteworthy to affirm that Nimrod have no culture of prostration as a form of salutation, Élédáà worship, ÓÒré worship etc which are means of worship of the descendants of the man's tradition. Perhaps, one day you will say, the usage of birds,animals, as sacrifices was Nimrod's. If you say Oshin was Nimrod's descendant,who among the family of Nimrod gave birth to the man with such name ? Kindly inform us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fulani People / Igala People: Identify Urself's / Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.