Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death (46416 Views)

Why Is My Young Neighbor Always Showing Me Style / I Caught My Young Landlord's Fiancee Naked. Now This Is Happening / My Young Friend Got Me Speechless, He's Only 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Blackhawk01: 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2018
alexialin:

God is not Man, who decides from the wimp of it to honour or dishonour anything.

Only men do such. If they like? They will help.. If they don't like? They won't help.

God is not like that. No one ,No man can be compared to God.

God is no man but he sure decides what and what not to do.

"I'll show mercy on those I'll show mercy on" that's from the Bible.

That you were favoured doesn't make you better than other dead Christians, it doesn't mean they prayed less, it doesn't mean their pastors are fake. Grace saw you through.
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by MrBigiman: 12:32pm On Jan 31, 2018
DrinkLimca:
True and I still stand on my words...

as for kumuyi is not for me to judge...

God knows Best...

This man!, are u back?
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 31, 2018
Blackhawk01:

God is no man but he sure decides what and what not to do.

"I'll show mercy on those I'll show mercy on" that's from the Bible.

That you were favoured doesn't make you better than other dead Christians, it doesn't mean they prayed less, it doesn't mean their pastors are fake. Grace saw you through.

Did I mention anywhere in my replies that am better off?

I simply used this opportunity to praise God and give my own testimony of what he has done for me, by giving me a second chance to life.
That's all

The lady who died through cancer? It may be her destiny to die at such young age. Who knows? Or otherwise.
But God is in the best position to answer why she died at age 20. Not me
Ask God.
Cause I have no clue, why she died.
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Rebelutionary: 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2018
DrinkLimca:

God knows Best...
This should be your mindset when relating your faith vis-à-vis other people and not trying to rationalise everything!

It is not your place to do that!

Simply put, God knows best!

Have you ever gone to a hospital visitation and emptied the hospital with your faith?

Some get healed, son don't...God knows best! Simple!

Eventhough God is faithful let's not forget that God is SOVEREIGN and your statement that if a man of God dies of cancer, he is not a real man of God is empty I must say!

I guess Jesus didn't die for the disciples who died in the most painful ways! What of the ones slaughtered in the North East...

Learn to say "God knows best" and let it be!
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Jessyjack(f): 12:55pm On Jan 31, 2018
alexialin:

So true.

I had an heart attack out of blues while treating typhoid. And I was the only one at home. My body was stone cold. Just one phone call to my Pastor who stays far away from me but through his prayer emanating from my phone speaker, he was praying and decreeing, my heart came back to life and started throbbing softly, instead hardening up. Cos that's exactly what was happening few minutes before I called him, as I held onto my chest with pepperish pain, and the heart about to become rock solid.
As soon as his prayers were going on thru phone, heat penetrated my body and heart.
I began to feel warmth seep into me. The pain disappeared, my heart felt light, no more dizzy spells. I became OK . After 10mins I could stand up straight and I went for checkup at my hospital.
My doctor did some checkups on me and said its a miracle am alive today .
I smiled weakly and I said it God. He gave me a second chance.
Then he prescribed some drugs for me.

Am better, stronger, healthy and very OK.

That's God's power.

That girl would have been saved from the spirit of cancer if a true Pastor had prayed on her.
God ways are mysterious.

some persons won't understand... I thought drinklimca was been sarcastic until I read properly and understood what he said... you both are not far from the truth.... I can relate your testimony but mine was a million times worst than yours but I survived.... when one is under the right coverage, God responds....
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 31, 2018
Jessyjack:

some persons won't understand... I thought drinklimca was been sarcastic until I read properly and understood what he said... you both are not far from the truth.... I can relate your testimony but mine was a million times worst than yours but I survived.... when one is under the right coverage, God responds....

Wow shocked

Please gist us about yours smiley

Maybe more people who still do not wish to believe God exist will understand.

Let's not hide God's works and grace in our lives.
Pls I would like to know about yours.
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by inem2741(m): 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2018
Take Heart Bro, See It As A Beautiful Liberation Into A Free And God Fearing Life. He Knws Better.
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Rursh(m): 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2018
DrinkLimca:
The promise from GOD, is that we will live Long, and yes we have time to Go but not at an early age...

we will grow old and die a natural death that God is aware of...

As long as I'm Still Young, death will and must respect me in the mighty name of JESUS...
DRinkLimca, I want you to know that a very religious person (christian) who believes in God can die, Death is what we have all bought from adam. God can allow somethings to just happen for reasons best known to him.
Check jw.org for more answers
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Tunks2017(m): 1:22pm On Jan 31, 2018
Rip dear.......... cry
Cancer has become very aggressive in the younger generation especially breast cancer................
there should be more preventive awareness & health diet & nutrition exercises to curb this illness.

Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
Breast cancer @20? cry RIP
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by andassyn(m): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2018
why do we nigerians believe so much in pastors and imams instead of God. I believe that they are path way to ge to know God and his words,we should know that miracles do happen,pious people could do it.but it only happens if God wishes it to happen or not.
Do not wake in the morning and expect to live through till the evening,same as when you went to sleep. Me i don talk my own, R i p nancy
#andassyn_cares.
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Jessyjack(f): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2018
alexialin:

Wow shocked
Let's not hide God's works and grace in our lives. Pls I would like to know about yours.

will message you later about it....
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Jessyjack(f): 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
alexialin:

Wow shocked
Let's not hide God's works and grace in our lives. Pls I would like to know about yours.

will message you later about it
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Ganjafama(m): 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Any pastor that died from cancer is not a true pastor...

quote me anywhere..
Don't try to a act like you are the superman kind of Christian. Was a Myles Monroe a pagan or something else when he was killed in a plane crash? Or you want to claim that you are more holy. Typical Nigerian Christian.
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
DrinkLimca:
It's a shame and a slap on the face of Christianity, that such a beautiful girl died because of Cancer..

Are her parents not Christians?

what church does her parents attend?

It's not like I'm bragging, but no loved one of mine will die from sickness, not when my God is alive....
What are you saying?
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by samuelson06(m): 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2018
DrinkLimca:
The promise from GOD, is that we will live Long, and yes we have time to Go but not at an early age...

As long as I'm Still Young, death will and must respect me in the mighty name of JESUS...

I love your faith bro. Keep it up. For me, I don't usually argue with people on issues like this. Christianity has been so watered down that people now believe wrong things. Christians have become lukewarm: neither hot nor cold; completely ignorance of God's power to save, heal, deliver or bless. It's a sad situation and even when others try to point them to the truth, instead of asking how they can take advantage, they talk nonsense and make stupidd comparisons. How does it sound to a rational mind that cancer kill a child of 20 and the person was a Christian? That's absurdity! And until they come to acknowledge the true power of God and His abilities, that's how they'll keep dying and others who are still alive with their same reasoning would sit and raise justifications for their death.
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by tyllapia: 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2018
alexialin:

So true.

I had an heart attack out of blues while treating typhoid. And I was the only one at home. My body was stone cold. Just one phone call to my Pastor who stays far away from me but through his prayer emanating from my phone speaker, he was praying and decreeing, my heart came back to life and started throbbing softly, instead hardening up. Cos that's exactly what was happening few minutes before I called him, as I held onto my chest with pepperish pain, and the heart about to become rock solid.
As soon as his prayers were going on thru phone, heat penetrated my body and heart.
I began to feel warmth seep into me. The pain disappeared, my heart felt light, no more dizzy spells. I became OK . After 10mins I could stand up straight and I went for checkup at my hospital.
My doctor did some checkups on me and said its a miracle am alive today .
I smiled weakly and I said it God. He gave me a second chance.
Then he prescribed some drugs for me.

Am better, stronger, healthy and very OK.

That's God's power.

That girl would have been saved from the spirit of cancer if a true Pastor had prayed on her.
God ways are mysterious.

U must b joking cos it's jst a coincidence be syd ur tym is nt yet up. So wot of a new born baby dat died b4 d naming ceremony. Sense fall on u
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by wholeslab: 4:11pm On Jan 31, 2018
take dz use it morning afternoon and 9t u will be fine

Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by profmallor: 4:41pm On Jan 31, 2018
The more important thing is to die in Christ and go to a better place, even if cured, wont she still die someday. While I understand that divine health is a reality, you must understand that we would all go one way or the other someday.

DrinkLimca:
It's a shame and a slap on the face of Christianity, that such a beautiful girl died because of Cancer..

It's not like I'm bragging, but no loved one of mine will die from sickness, not when my God is alive....
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by CaraJewel(f): 4:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
sorry
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Kirinwa: 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2018
cruzita:
RIP GIRL .BUT WHAT'S THE CAUSE OF CANCER AT SUCH AN EARLY AGE

Could it be what am thinking? Op were you always chewing? lipsrsealed
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Holuwathoby(m): 4:54pm On Jan 31, 2018
DrinkLimca:

Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Martinez19(m): 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2018
Peacefulgold:

Why would u go to d hospital in d first place,or y would u waste money on drugs ur doctor prescribed since ur pastor has prayed for u,its a pity Christy died,but do u know its possible God allowed Christy to come home to him cos she has fulfilled d plans He had for her in dis world,so don't ever question God,especially in death cases....
grin grin grin grin

Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Martinez19(m): 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2018
Topestbilly:

You're a Christian and you have such believe.
Why won't he? Anyone who knows the bible and believes it will act and think like drinklimca. Shikena

#upatheism
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Martinez19(m): 5:22pm On Jan 31, 2018
dotun365:

Your Lord and saviour Jesus Christ died at the age of 33. his disciples where killed in gruesome ways and you come here to talk about no christian/pastor dying when God is alive. God was alive when Jesus, his disciples and other Christians after them died the way they did. you need to really check what you believe my brother. being a christian doesn't guarantee that you won't suffer in this world. but it guarantees eternal life
Martyrdom and dying for a purpose is different from diseases and cancer. tongue
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by efficiencie(m): 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2018
DrinkLimca:

Your guts are strong...but then there are different levels of ministrations of the spirit...one would make you part the water, one would make you walk on water...it is well! May the LORD grant us the grace to grow in the spirit. Amen.
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by efficiencie(m): 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2018
Rursh:
DRinkLimca, I want you to know that a very religious person (christian) who believes in God can die, Death is what we have all bought from adam. God can allow somethings to just happen for reasons best known to him.
Check jw.org for more answers

...that GOD allows a thing to happen does not mean it is HIS will for that thing to happen! GOD's non-involvement, unless invited, is feature of his nature of being the just judge...that GOD intended for Elijah to be taken up to heaven alive does not mean that if Elijah had waited for Jezebel he would not have met his untimely death at her hand! Elijah knew better and he fled!
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by augustine: 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Thanks for this....

this is exactly what I've been trying to make them understand...

You need to experience the real power of GOD in the church you go...

some people have never seen a real miracle..
Miracles happen at the timing and will of God. Israelis fought uncountable wars and battles, but only once did God choose to do the miracle of the sun standing still for six hours: so that commander Joshua and Israeli soldiers can rout their enemies completely. Jesus Christ assured his followers in John.16:33. that ''In the world you will have trouble, but be of good cheers for I have overcome the world'' Timothy (early church saint) was advised by saint Paul to ''Take a little wine for thy stomach's sake. He obviously had a gastro-intestinal infection, but was not advised to pray about it only. Paul himself has an affliction that he confessed to have prayed seriously THRICE about, but God only answered him, that HIS grace was sufficient for him. So please stop giving people the the false belief that as Christians, they will not suffer. The symbol of our faith on earth is the cross, and you know what that means. When people get the impression that being a Christian gives them an exemption from earthly pains, they will definitely backslide when trials come.
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by efficiencie(m): 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2018
poyet:

Friend, to a Christian, this death is not even death; it is departure from this world. Dying due to ailment or accident or some other reasons is not the issue, the matter is what happens afterwards. Is it hell or heaven?
Some even talk about how it not normal for people to die young. We know about some sort of questionable deaths of young people, but it's not every young person's death that is demon-connected. Our Lord Jesus himself lived for just 33 years.

Untimely death is not necessarily dying young but dying before knowing the LORD and fulfilling the ordained mandate of the LORD on earth...satan would surely want to kill a person before he attains any of these two objectives...
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2018
Jessyjack:

will message you later about it

OK dear.
Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 31, 2018
tyllapia:

U must b joking cos it's jst a coincidence be syd ur tym is nt yet up. So wot of a new born baby dat died b4 d naming ceremony. Sense fall on u

Re: How I Lost My Young Girlfriend To The Cold Hands Of Death by Augustap(f): 10:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
DrinkLimca:

Who is this one again? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Take heart bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Guy Code Every Man Should Never Break / (photo) Can Nigerian Men Be This Romantic?? / ABSU Girls Rush To Pick Money A Guy Was Spraying At His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.