Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? (21552 Views)

My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. / With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? / ADHD: My Experience And How It Has Affected My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by NSK4U(m): 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2018
D same here op, if not worse. The painful aspect of it is that one knows what to do with as low capital as 100k but d ugly situation where there is no institution to loan such amount leaves one incapacitated to make a move. May God help us in this country if indeed HE is the solution as our Bibles and Quarans, etc informed us.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by nkemjacob2(m): 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
There is nobody family which has not been affected by unemployment or one way or the other.... It's a national cry... Coming 2019 be ready to vote and listen to every strategy of politicians before voting and hold dem to book. Get involve in politics and follow up governance.... That what people fail to do all this while, that is y government has been miss behaving becos no accountability.....

BLAME UR GVT 90% OF UR FAMILY UNEMPLOYMENT STATE

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by NSK4U(m): 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
loan40m:
ONLY FOR BUSINESS AROUND LEKKI ,AJAH AGUNGI,AWOYAYA AND ENVIRONS

Do you need fast loan to expand your business?

you dn't need to open account with us

loan is disbursed within 72 hrs

check my signature for my contact
Oga thank u for this. But please u and your company should try and extend d loan offer to other states outside Lagos. Thanks
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by TourismMan(m): 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2018
BiafraIShere:
Is Nigeria better than other war zones right now? What is the death toll of people dying from Fulani herdsmen, starvation, diseases, due to lack of adequate medical attention, from accidents due to bad roads, from hypertension due to frustration, from suicide due to depression etc? Nigeria is bad, real bad! I really pity our young graduates and their hopeless situation. I was once in such situation, after graduating from the University. I lived and searched for jobs in Lagos, Abuja etc but all I could get was slavery in disguise. To God be the glory, fortune smiled on me and I was able to raise money and go into business, and I now earn reasonably from diverse sources. I may have enough for myself and equally be of help to family, friends and relatives but I know I could have been like most other graduates today, unemployed or underemployed. Nigeria is a complete sh!thole, the percentage of poor people in Nigeria is overwhelming, there is too much suffering in this country. @Op, now you are still in school, learn graphics, web designing and study English language very well, and if your course of study will allow you, register with Fiverr, Freelancer, Up work or any other freelancing site online, and if you are good, you could be making as much as 150k every month. See your University education as a way to build yourself and not a guarantee to employment.

Thank you very much bro. I'm already so passionate about working online like the fiverr, freelancer, blogging etc. I will start the training very soon. Just that I need some money to fix my laptop screen and enrol on the trainings (meanwhile if older ones were working, they could've been helping me in situations like this but see the effect of unemployment in the family here). Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by intruder15(m): 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
OP no be small thing o.
tetragamation have a point though.
Unemployment is a critical issue in every nation. it has affected even the Nigerian government which made them pass a bill to cater for the elderly. if employment was available for d youths, won't they take care of d elderly?

Imagine a nation that doesn't have a functional raw material production plant. Yet we recycle the same leaders into the system because "na our person"...

people are more concerned about what they can personally gain from the govt and not what can benefit everyone.

we have elite and outstandingly rich individuals yet they hardly invest in business that will create reasonable employment. I respect dangote and innoson a lot cuz they invests in production.

There will be employment if most people invest in production rather than hotels which is prevalent in the eastern region. person go get billions instead of production, na to build hotels in owerri, awka, Lagos or abuja.

yet we blame the government that there is no employment forgetting that in developed nations, employment is created more by the private sector though its up to the public sector(govt) to create favourable environment for production to strive.

IOC are private owned. major employer of labour in the world are private owned. But here in Nigeria, people will rather invest in business of quick returns because of fear of continuity in govt policies.

Nairaland have almost 2million members of which more than 80% are youths yet u will be so discouraged to see how an average nairalander thinks. Bringing tribe, religion and political affiliation into everything we post here.

The youths don't like politics. That's not the problem. u don't need to like politics to follow political related news. How else are u to know if the senator u voted for isn't representing ur constituency well?

most people don't have PVC yet they wail and complain about the government forgetting that we are d government. we put them there and it's up to us to remove them when they don't perform up to our expectations.

It will only get better if we think uniformly and not allow them divide us by tribe, religion or political affiliation.

ur voters card plays a major role. if u still don't have one, walk up to inec office in ur local govt and register.

#makeurvotecount.
#onenigeriaispossible
#Godblessnigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by TourismMan(m): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2018
NSK4U:
D same here op, if not worse. The painful aspect of it is that one knows what to do with as low capital as 100k but d ugly situation where there is no institution to loan such amount leaves one incapacitated to make a move. May God help us in this country if indeed HE is the solution as our Bibles and Quarans, etc informed us.

Exactly my bro. Most of my people have ideas on what to do and are willing to do it, but do they start it with mouth? Ordinary 50k, they can boast of. Even me looking for some money now to fix my laptop screen and get trained in graphic designs, web design, audio/video editing so I can start working in freelancer and fiverr as well as blogging combined (because man must hustle), where is the money? E dey vex person seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Respect55(m): 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
My bad. I pray God's favor locate all of us.
Amen
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Respect55(m): 6:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Send your account details lemme put in my widow's mite. At least it's better than nothing. I know how it was back in school but as a lady, e soft small.
I appreciate ur magnanimity dear but I'm already through with service. Stil job hunting. #JoblessButNotHopeless
Are u engaged in any now?
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by riczy(m): 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2018
Holiday0299:
I just got duped by one Dr. Mrs Dorcas with the following bank account 0030479715 MBANU ANGELA Unity Bank. Phone: 07030479730, & her colleage Dr. Ben 09032458272. Please beware
share on Twitter pls
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by millionboi2: 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2018
ShitHead:
I'm gainfully employed...earn good money but I save little or nothing at the end of the day because of high level of dependency on me by the unemployed relatives and friends.
you are underemployed.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by millionboi2: 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2018
MhizzAJ:
Gainfully employed thank God
Abeg

How much kwanu
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by millionboi2: 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2018
IRIEBOY:
we are 7.. 2 employed.. 4 unemployed. the 2 employed are collecting peanuts as salary.. am the only one in school but yet am suffering in school. have not attended class for two weeks because of no money for transport.. food will soon finish.. I regret going to the university( its a waste of time to me)... my street is filled with under payed graduates and unemployed graduates..
my dear, try and finish up.

If not for anything,d confidence

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by millionboi2: 6:30pm On Jan 31, 2018
Naughtysite:
God is providing.

Life is a fight. Fight to live. While doing this, do not act like you care about what people say. When you get what you want, they will come to rejoice with you.

In Nigeria now, seeing money is like HUNTING GHOSTS. Truth is, there is MONEY EVERYWHERE.

Some hustlers are buying cars for 30m and 40m per car.

NEVER GIVE UP!
Abeg
Easier said than done.

You make money with money.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by millionboi2: 6:33pm On Jan 31, 2018
Xtopher123:
I'm grateful to myself that I had to go extra miles to Get a Job through self-acquired skills and also planning to run a startup very soon..

The economy is trying to bring me down but with persistence I'll survive
Hahahaha

Abeg kill d economy b4 e kill u
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by millionboi2: 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
My dear there are so many ways to make money... Just open your eyes and tap into that thing you are very good at.
list them.

Please always talk with facts
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by millionboi2: 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2018
donsimo:
Nigerians are not really suffering.
Look around you Someone is buying cars building houses.
The streets are relatively safe.
There is no problem at all.
Your point is off d topic,bcoz we all know dat
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by millionboi2: 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
Carlyboi:
Thank God for your life and to each his own,of course there are some people who are just too lazy to work or who are jobless cos they are not as smart,competent,or intelligent as you who have a good job and in most situations in nigeria as connected but never forget that for every 3 people who fall under this category there are 10 who are hardworking,competent,focussed,and smart and with nothing to show for it maybe even more qualified than you who you think you are in a world of your own
.Prideornopride laziness or diligence only a blind or mgopic person wont see that the hustle and the suffering is real in Nigeria,average Nigerian especially the youths find it hard to dream nowadays cos all you think bout is survival!where is the next bread going to come from!gone are the days of dreaming bout working in chevron,,CBN,Nigerian Breweries,telcos,nowadays to get a primary scchool teaching job,or as an attendant at a store ot a clerk in onre in one office isnt as straightforward..
kiss
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by IRIEBOY(m): 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2018
millionboi2:
my dear, try and finish up.

If not for anything,d confidence
yeah.. am in 400lv now...its a 5yr course.. thanks a lot.. really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by beautyhd: 7:16pm On Jan 31, 2018
ShitHead:
I'm gainfully employed...earn good money but I save little or nothing at the end of the day because of high level of dependency on me by the unemployed relatives and friends.

We are in the same level, how I wish I know how to say no. You work from Jan to Dec and nothing to show for it. I'm planning to relocate and they won't know about it.

Seriously, some family members are very wicked.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Holiday0299(m): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
riczy:
share on Twitter pls
I'm not good with twitter cheesy
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Originalsly: 7:53pm On Jan 31, 2018
Tetragramaton:

Don't mind them. What are the many things. That's how they all talk. Start business they will say, oya bring money they will keep quiet, then some will say with ordinary 20k you can do something. I.e frying akara and plantain chips on the road or boli! Imagine after spending so much money to send me to school then my parents will watch us do menial jobs, it will even kill them faster than we think. How far can d menial jobs carry. Can it even marry a wife or sustain kids. Growing up people who do menial jobs come from very very poor homes. They are able to blend very well with the harsh reality of life because they have been fending for themselves most of their lives with little or no impact from family. By a stroke of luck such people are able to excel because they have been built to weather the storm. But when you tell a graduate who his parents spoon fed to university level hoping to finish and work and start taking care of things to go and be frying akara. Its not fair on such graduate. Not everyone is even meant to be an entrepreneur so I hate it when people say be on your own. If everyone is on their own who will work in office? Personally I have never been the business kind of person. If I do business, except God just favours me that is when I will excel. You see why we don't have exemplary humans in this part of the world. People do things because everyone is doing it not because its our talent.

Ordinary N20K.... is that ordinary to you if you are unemployed?....N20K or ordinary to those who always have by the hundreds of thousands..not to a struggler. N20K is more than enough to start a business. On doing whatever menial job.... doesn't mean that would be your job for life..... but is a means to an end.... to get money on your own...until you can do better. You would rather be unemployed.... a graduate .... grown man...collecting pocket money from parents who struggled to put you thru school. That in itself should be a reason to be independent....but noooo.... you can't hurt your pride. There's a thread in Travel Section.....Yankee thru the Eyes of a Village Boy..... read it and see what the op is going thru .... despite having others that can support him. You have to shove pride aside and Stoop to Conquer.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2018
rozayx5:
Well we are six

Only one is employed

Rest of us are into cryptocurrency cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please tell me more about this Crypto currency thin and how to start. Thanks
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by ilyasom(m): 8:33pm On Jan 31, 2018
Tetragramaton:

Don't mind them. What are the many things. That's how they all talk. Start business they will say, oya bring money they will keep quiet, then some will say with ordinary 20k you can do something. I.e frying akara and plantain chips on the road or boli! Imagine after spending so much money to send me to school then my parents will watch us do menial jobs, it will even kill them faster than we think. How far can d menial jobs carry. Can it even marry a wife or sustain kids. Growing up people who do menial jobs come from very very poor homes. They are able to blend very well with the harsh reality of life because they have been fending for themselves most of their lives with little or no impact from family. By a stroke of luck such people are able to excel because they have been built to weather the storm. But when you tell a graduate who his parents spoon fed to university level hoping to finish and work and start taking care of things to go and be frying akara. Its not fair on such graduate. Not everyone is even meant to be an entrepreneur so I hate it when people say be on your own. If everyone is on their own who will work in office? Personally I have never been the business kind of person. If I do business, except God just favours me that is when I will excel. You see why we don't have exemplary humans in this part of the world. People do things because everyone is doing it not because its our talent.

I love this bro
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by TourismMan(m): 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
beautyhd:

We are in the same level, how I wish I know how to say no. You work from Jan to Dec and nothing to show for it. I'm planning to relocate and they won't know about it.

Seriously, some family members are very wicked.

Not wicked per se. Just that they can't but need the help from you.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by TourismMan(m): 8:47pm On Jan 31, 2018
ilyasom:
I love this bro
I replied your PM sir
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by ilyasom(m): 8:58pm On Jan 31, 2018
intruder15:
OP no be small thing o.
tetragamation have a point though.
Unemployment is a critical issue in every nation. it has affected even the Nigerian government which made them pass a bill to cater for the elderly. if employment was available for d youths, won't they take care of d elderly?

Imagine a nation that doesn't have a functional raw material production plant. Yet we recycle the same leaders into the system because "na our person"...

people are more concerned about what they can personally gain from the govt and not what can benefit everyone.

we have elite and outstandingly rich individuals yet they hardly invest in business that will create reasonable employment. I respect dangote and innoson a lot cuz they invests in production.

There will be employment if most people invest in production rather than hotels which is prevalent in the eastern region. person go get billions instead of production, na to build hotels in owerri, awka, Lagos or abuja.

yet we blame the government that there is no employment forgetting that in developed nations, employment is created more by the private sector though its up to the public sector(govt) to create favourable environment for production to strive.

IOC are private owned. major employer of labour in the world are private owned. But here in Nigeria, people will rather invest in business of quick returns because of fear of continuity in govt policies.

Nairaland have almost 2million members of which more than 80% are youths yet u will be so discouraged to see how an average nairalander thinks. Bringing tribe, religion and political affiliation into everything we post here.

The youths don't like politics. That's not the problem. u don't need to like politics to follow political related news. How else are u to know if the senator u voted for isn't representing ur constituency well?

most people don't have PVC yet they wail and complain about the government forgetting that we are d government. we put them there and it's up to us to remove them when they don't perform up to our expectations.

It will only get better if we think uniformly and not allow them divide us by tribe, religion or political affiliation.

ur voters card plays a major role. if u still don't have one, walk up to inec office in ur local govt and register.

#makeurvotecount.
#onenigeriaispossible
#Godblessnigeria
God bless you bro
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by americanson: 9:04pm On Jan 31, 2018
Originalsly:
We already know what the politicians do.....but why complain when it is us that put them into office? When it comes time to vote in local or national elections ..... do we really consider if that person will improve our condition?...or we just vote him in because he is 'our party' guy/from our tribe/of our religion? ...and when they screw us over...we complain silently if it's our guy...loudly if he's not....but vote him in again anyways. It is for us to make a change and that can only come about when we hold our elected officials accountable....not by complaining...but by voting them out of office.
On being a graduate and unemployed...why? For the most.... graduates do not want to be employed in a position below the level of their qualifications. No doubt.... there are not enough jobs to employ all graduafes...connections or no connections. More graduates will be employed in their field if they begin to accept any job opening in the company they are targeting. ..gateman..driver..purse holder...whatever...once in..you can move up be a use you have the inside track on job openings inside the company. Pride is the main cause of sooo many graduates being unemployed.
On being an entrepreneur. .... that's the easiest way to go...the way to go even if already employed. The problem...people want to start big...like OP stated... he will need N100K to start a business....is no way you can start a business with N2K?...really?....so we remain unemployed. Naija is ripe for business because there are not many rules and regulations and not enforced.
And at last...... my family members are all employed....absolutely no connections only one doesn't have a 9 to 5 job..but still employed. ...and almost all...have things they do on the side. Graduate or not...there must be something one can do to earn money....there are things that many of us can do to earn twice as much as the little pittance we receive as salary in our white collar all show low pay job. Pride is the biggest barrier.

God bless you.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by americanson: 9:07pm On Jan 31, 2018
I choose entrepreneurship oh... I can't kill myself. Another thing is some people think that you need money to start something.

I will share 3 cases where you don't need money to start.

1. Find land that someone is willing to sell for say 500k... Look for someone else and sell the land to him for 750k to 1M. (of course with the knowledge of the real seller). You can tweak this in whatever form as it best suit your need.

2. Help someone get buyer for something they wish to sell and take commission. Let me tell you...i decided to share an idea with a friend and he hunted buyer (though we had other failed buyers) but he was able to find a serious buyer eventually and guess what, he will make as much as 3M from the deal on completion. All he had to do is talk... And some money to move around too. Not even up to 50k spent over all. But it took sometime sha...

3. Offer a service of any kind... You can do home tutor if you are academically sound in maths and other science subject you can even focus on just maths since many students hate or fear the subject and their parents are very well aware of this flaws and they will go to any length just to make sure the kids do well in it. Just talk around to one or 10 persons...

I did home tutor for period of time and the pay was good. You can have 3 homes where you to teach on rotation. Education is still one of the best money maker.

4. You can start a cleaning company by helping busy people clean their house. You can make millions doing this. One lady shared how she started on Quora.com and today she is millionaire from the business and in dollars

5. People who position themselves as solution can never lack. There is something in you right now that can fetch you money. Go hard or go extinct.

No need for PMs.

10 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2018
millionboi2:
Your point is off d topic,bcoz we all know dat

May be you should think before you type shit.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Tetragramaton(m): 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2018
Originalsly:

Ordinary N20K.... is that ordinary to you if you are unemployed?....N20K or ordinary to those who always have by the hundreds of thousands..not to a struggler. N20K is more than enough to start a business. On doing whatever menial job.... doesn't mean that would be your job for life..... but is a means to an end.... to get money on your own...until you can do better. You would rather be unemployed.... a graduate .... grown man...collecting pocket money from parents who struggled to put you thru school. That in itself should be a reason to be independent....but noooo.... you can't hurt your pride. There's a thread in Travel Section.....Yankee thru the Eyes of a Village Boy..... read it and see what the op is going thru .... despite having others that can support him. You have to shove pride aside and Stoop to Conquer.

OK o. When you have children and trained them and there is no job and no capital. Tell them to go and fry buns and akara with 20k and see how happy they will be while their mates they finished school together will pass them by and wave from their cars with their children and wife and see if such things will not hurt them mentally. You think everyone is alike. No one has a right to tell anyone what to do. There are people who accepted less and remained stagnant and life moved ahead of them following the same rule. Stoop to conquer. It's not how much you stoop but if you have passion for what you do. If you have no passion especially the grace of God, if you like scoop water from the gutter, you will continue doing that till life passes you by!

The entrepenuers in Nigeria who are exemplary today. They have something in common passion for that business, some started small and some were helped by their parents but the passion is there they will excel. How about those whose passion is to work in a bank, or be an accountant or something. Don't they have a right to be that? Why must you or anybody tell them to aim less or do business. Live people alone. We all run different races. It's not for you or anyone to tell us to do business. If you cannot give capital. Then don't talk!
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
millionboi2:
Abeg
Easier said than done.

You make money with money.

You can make money without money.

Success happens when OPPORTUNUTY meets PREPAREDNESS. Major human problem is when opportunity shows up, we don't show up. Opportunity shows up as a problem, so we respond with complaint. Negative emotions is the first barrier to success.

The Universe is so big such that there is an answer to every issue. You just have to adjust to find it. Some one will say Go Spiritual. We human beings are Spirit, Soul and Body. But its so unfortunate we make use of our existence in reverse order. We use our Bodies first, Our Soul second and we stop there. While we allow people like Pastors, Alfa, and demons to manipulate and play with our spirits to their own advantage.

Spiritual connection with God solves/answers all human problems including money.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by tttmar(f): 10:02pm On Jan 31, 2018
I think Governor Anbode is really trying in reducing unemployment in Lagos State, he employed a lot of people in LAMATA, Neighbourhood Safety Corps,Cleaner Lagos,LIRS and so on.
I believe that I will be employed one day, especially from jobs created by Lagos State Governor Anbode.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You Are The Poorest Amongst Your Siblings Avoid Family Gatherings. / Must A Baby's Hair Be Totally Shaved At One Or Just A Superstition? / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.