Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo (2026 Views)

Coalition For Nigeria Movement: Obasanjo's Full Statement During Registration / Obasanjo Registers As Member Of Coalition Of Nigeria Movement / Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by Limitednow: 8:36am On Feb 01, 2018
AN organization with the primary aim of  unseating President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 general election was officially launched in Abuja yesterday.

Named ‘Coalition for Nigeria Movement’, the group has been endorsed by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in his last week’s highly critical epistle he wrote to the president.

Obasanjo who had accused the president of underperformance in his letter advised him not to seek reelection in the coming presidential poll

He had called for the establishment of a third force to unseat the present administration while noting that the two major political parties in the country have failed Nigerians.

“We need a Coalition for Nigeria. Such a Movement at this juncture needs not be a political party but one to which all well-meaning Nigerians can belong. That Movement must be a coalition for democracy, good governance, social and economic wellbeing and progress; a coalition to salvage and redeem our country,” Obasanjo said last week.

The former leader, however, was conspicuously absent from yesterday’s event, even though in his letter he had stated: “You can count on me with such a Movemen, I will gladly join such a Movement when one is established as Coalition for Nigeria, taking Nigeria to the height God has created it to be.”

Kehinde Akinyemi, his spokesman said Obasanjo was absent because he returned to Nigeria late from Addis-Ababa, Ethiopia where he attended the AU summit.

“He will register tomorrow in Abeokuta, Ogun State,” he said.

HEADLINE gathered that only few recognisable faces turned up at the event.

In attendance were APC Board of Trustees member, Buba Galadima, former governor of Osun State and Chairman, Board of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), Olagunsoye Oyinlola, former PDP National Chairman, Amodu Ali and former governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke.

The convener, Oyinlola, an ally of Obasanjo, said the movement for now is not a political party.

“To say that we are legitimising Obasanjo’s legacy is wrong. I think what he has done is stir us from slumber. Nobody can fault Obasanjo’s letter. We are not a political party for now. Our aim is to help Nigerians take the country from those who run it as business. It is not the destiny of Nigeria to remain in crisis and in doldrums,” he said.

Meanwhile, an elder statesman and renowned constitutional lawyer, Prof. Nwabueze, yesterday, called for a change of leadership in the nation.

In a letter entitled: ‘Nigeria Under President Buhari Is Categorised As A Failed State By An Internationally Recognised Agency’, he said: “Buhari must be stopped before he pushes Nigeria further down the rank of the worst failed states to which Zaire, under Mobutu, had been reduced.

“God forbid that he (Buhari) should ever get a second term. Or Nigeria will cease to exist, except in the sense in which Zaire, under Mobutu, existed. That is as an idea without an existential content; a state existing only in name or on the map as a mere geographical expression.”

https://www.headlineng.com/third-force-unseat-buhari-launched-abuja/amp/
Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by 12submarine(m): 8:38am On Feb 01, 2018
In attendance were APC Board of Trustees member, Buba Galadima, former governor of Osun State and Chairman, Board of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), Olagunsoye Oyinlola, former PDP National Chairman, Amodu Ali and former governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke.

Look at the characters who want to take Nigeria to a great height.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by Limitednow: 8:46am On Feb 01, 2018
grin
Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by PFRB: 8:48am On Feb 01, 2018
Wayo.
Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by TheFreeOne: 8:53am On Feb 01, 2018
Buhari must be stopped before he pushes Nigeria further down the rank of the worst failed states to which Zaire, under Mobutu, had been reduced.

“God forbid that he (Buhari) should ever get a second term. Or Nigeria will cease to exist, except in the sense in which Zaire, under Mobutu, existed. That is as an idea without an existential content; a state existing only in name or on the map as a mere geographical expression.”
-Prof Nwabueze

If you don't kill Buhari government by voting him out in 2019, Buhari presidency will kill nigeria.
-OBJ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by AishaBuhari: 8:58am On Feb 01, 2018
In a letter entitled: ‘Nigeria Under President Buhari Is Categorised As A Failed State By An Internationally Recognised Agency’, he said: “Buhari must be stopped before he pushes Nigeria further down the rank of the worst failed states to which Zaire, under Mobutu, had been reduced.

The name Buhari is synonymous to evil in the Nigeria of today.

BTW, This meme finished APC

3 Likes

Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by AishaBuhari: 9:05am On Feb 01, 2018
Lalasticalala
Mynd44
Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by AdolfHitlerxXx: 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2018
OBJ dey shrine that time, na why he no attend cool
Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by sweetmusic12: 12:23pm On Feb 01, 2018
I want to tell you a story.... Fela's song cones to mind. Third force coalition for well meaning Nigerians. .... PDP, APC and this coalition.... Same people, no new person emerging out of 200 million people.... Na wa for Naija...
Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by Charlesokewole(m): 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2018
Honestly I just wonder and I am marvel at the level ignorance of the formation of the CNM.
This movement that should be of pure and undiluted individuals are being overran by greedy,selfish individuals who don't have real plans to make Nigeria a truly great and prosperous country. By the way take a look at the new members, some PDP, APC and other individuals who migrate from one party to another, because they have no real ideology, no real philosophy they are all greedy individuals.
To make Nigeria great is a task that must be done but not by these individuals rushing to form a movement to unseat PMB.
What Nigerians need is a true leader, a leader who will take us out of this political darkness, gridlock, a leader with vision and real plans.

1 Like

Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by MrMystrO(m): 1:26pm On Feb 01, 2018
Charlesokewole:
Honestly I just wonder and I am marvel at the level ignorance of the formation of the CNM.
This movement that should be of pure and undiluted individuals are being overran by greedy,selfish individuals who don't have real plans to make Nigeria a truly great and prosperous country. By the way take a look at the new members, some PDP, APC and other individuals who migrate from one party to another, because they have no real ideology, no real philosophy they are all greedy individuals.
To make Nigeria great is a task that must be done but not by these individuals rushing to form a movement to unseat PMB.
What Nigerians need is a true leader, a leader who will take us out of this political darkness, gridlock, a leader with vision and real plans.

My good friend sorry to Quote you but I think we are missing the main point and we've been missing the main point since the conception of this country. To me, Nigeria's MAIN problem is NOT bad leaders, far from that. We have tried and tried and tried over the years and we keep failing why because we were not tackling the root cause of the problem and i think it's time we try a different approach. Even if we send every person occupying all the political posts in nigeria out, and replace them with new people or even the younger generation, the root cause of the problem is still going to persist because we have not tackled the cause. The problem lies in the mindset of the average Nigerian. The average Nigerian man is seriously corrupt and filled with the wrong ideals. Until the mindset of the average nigerian is changed we will still continue to have the same problems. A massive Long term Re-orientation Program is Thoroughly needed in this country. Our leaders are just a representation of the mindset of the people they govern. You cannot expect an unenlightened society to produce Enlightened leaders, it is just not possible. Even in most university SUGs today, the youths that are supposedly the "leaders of tomorrow" still perpetrate corrupt practices rampantly and what they mostly care about is what they can gain from the union and not the welfare of the students as a whole. To me, i think it's time we stop deceiving ourselves and prepare to face the Real problem head on! Nigeria has a huge problem that has to be tackled and the problem is that me and you have to change the way we think, we thoroughly need to change the ideals of the average Nigerian man. if we cannot succed in Re-orientating the mindset of this current generation, then let's focus on Re-orientating the minds of the up coming future generations but there has to be a first step! And once we can get that process underway, we Will definitely start to experience the real change we seek. Thank you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:10pm On Feb 01, 2018
MrMystrO:

My good friend sorry to Quote you but I think we are missing the main point and we've been missing the main point since the conception of this country. To me, Nigeria's MAIN problem is NOT bad leaders, far from that. We have tried and tried and tried over the years and we keep failing why because you were not tackling the root cause of the problem and i think it's time we try a different approach. Even if we send every person occupying all the political posts in nigeria out, and replace them with new people or even the younger generation, the root cause of the problem is still going to persist because we have not tackled the cause. The problem lies in the mindset of the average Nigerian. The average Nigerian man is seriously corrupt and filled with the wrong ideals. Until the mindset of the average nigerian is changed we will still continue to have the same problems. A massive Long term Re-orientation Program is Thoroughly needed in this country. Our leaders are just a representation of the mindset of the people they govern. You cannot expect an unenlightened society to produce Enlightened leaders, it is just not possible. Even in most university SUGs today, the youths that are supposedly the "leaders of tomorrow" still perpetrate corrupt practices rampantly and what they mostly care about is what they can gain from the union and not the welfare of the students as a whole. To me, i think it's time we stop deceiving ourselves and prepare to face the Real problem head on! Nigeria has a huge problem that has to be tackled and the problem is that me and you have to change the way we think, we thoroughly need to change the ideals of the average Nigerian man. if we cannot succed in Re-orientating the mindset of this current generation, then let's focus on Re-orientating the minds of the up coming future generations but there has to be a first step! And once we can get that process underway, we Will definitely start to experience the real change we seek. Thank you.
Oh my very wonderful analysis.I am impressed.
Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by saintjimos(m): 2:12pm On Feb 01, 2018
#protect_your_brother
#My_brother_is_my_brother

#south_unite unity is d way forward
Nigeria needs new breed not recycled beings as leaders
Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by AishaBuhari: 2:16pm On Feb 01, 2018
MrMystrO:

My good friend sorry to Quote you but I think we are missing the main point and we've been missing the main point since the conception of this country. To me, Nigeria's MAIN problem is NOT bad leaders, far from that. We have tried and tried and tried over the years and we keep failing why because you were not tackling the root cause of the problem and i think it's time we try a different approach. Even if we send every person occupying all the political posts in nigeria out, and replace them with new people or even the younger generation, the root cause of the problem is still going to persist because we have not tackled the cause. The problem lies in the mindset of the average Nigerian. The average Nigerian man is seriously corrupt and filled with the wrong ideals. Until the mindset of the average nigerian is changed we will still continue to have the same problems. A massive Long term Re-orientation Program is Thoroughly needed in this country. Our leaders are just a representation of the mindset of the people they govern. You cannot expect an unenlightened society to produce Enlightened leaders, it is just not possible. Even in most university SUGs today, the youths that are supposedly the "leaders of tomorrow" still perpetrate corrupt practices rampantly and what they mostly care about is what they can gain from the union and not the welfare of the students as a whole. To me, i think it's time we stop deceiving ourselves and prepare to face the Real problem head on! Nigeria has a huge problem that has to be tackled and the problem is that me and you have to change the way we think, we thoroughly need to change the ideals of the average Nigerian man. if we cannot succed in Re-orientating the mindset of this current generation, then let's focus on Re-orientating the minds of the up coming future generations but there has to be a first step! And once we can get that process underway, we Will definitely start to experience the real change we seek. Thank you.
Lovely piece @MrMystrO
Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by MrMystrO(m): 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Oh my very wonderful analysis.I am impressed.

Thanks my agile Lady.
Re: Why I Was Absent At The Coalition For Nigeria Movement - Obasanjo by MrMystrO(m): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2018
AishaBuhari:

Lovely piece @MrMystrO

Thank you, Just expressing my humble opinion.

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election- My Sincere Advice To Tinubu / God Will Defeat Buhari's Governor In 2019 - Obasanjo / JUST IN: Court Affirms Musa Wada As Authentic PDP Gubernatorial Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.