Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Alpha Squad. - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alpha Squad. (29198 Views)

Alpha's Little Male / Alpha Luke (werewolf stories) / Latent Alpha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alpha Squad. by Skylard101(m): 8:26am On May 07, 2018
Episode 15
Continuation
WHAT, HOW, WHERE WH... This were the thoughts and questions that were scrolling through my mind as I was staring at the one person I never thought I would see again.
Sitting on the armchair comfortably gently sipping from a glass cup half filled with orange juice is my long lost best friend at the Academy.
"Long time no see old friend'' He said in his American accent raising his glass of orange juice a little at me as a demonstration of greeting.
I couldn't reply. I could only stare at my former and still best friend. He looks more handsome in his black leather jacket over a white top with black denim jeans and a black sneakers. Guess he's still got it. What is he doing here.? How did he get here? How did he find me? Where has he been all these years? Why did he suddenly disappear? This are the questions running through my mind which I want to ask but I can't. I could only stand there looking at him tongue-tied.
"So are you going to say something or you are just gonna stare at me all day'' He said snapping me out of my thoughts.
"William, WILLIAM goodness I can't believe these after all these years'' I exclaimed as I walked towards him for an embrace.
"Howdy old friend'' He said coming into the embrace with open arms. I smiled as I hug him as that familiar perfume hit me. Only one person use that person and it's him, my long lost best friend.

William is my long time friend. I met him about 17-18 years ago at the Academy in US. Then I was much younger, agile quicker and ambitious. I was training then as a private investigator, detective, an independent one. I met him during one of the trainings and since then we had become best of friends. On the day of graduation, William suddenly disappeared. No one could find him. He didn't show up for graduation. He just disappeared just after a mysterious occurrence took place. It was strange and kinda freaky. I searched every where but nothing. No sign or trace of him. I manage to bury the thoughts of him and move back to Nigeria where I finally settled down. But thoughts of him still hunt me. I wish and wish I could still meet him again.
And now here he is,standing before me in flesh and blood.

"So are you gonna stare at me all day or are we gonna sit and talk'' He said with a cocky smile. That's smile. O goddamn have missed that smile.
Okay am not a gay if that is what you are thinking. But yea, we are that close.
I sat down slowly and he followed suit.
"How did you get here? How did you find me? What are...... '' I was saying before he cut me off.
"Chill out man, one question at a time. I ain't going no where, at least for the main time''
I stared at him for a long time but in reality it isn't more than a minute.
"How did you find me'' I asked as I was really curious to know how this white man landed on my doorstep.
"Well it isn't to hard to locate Chief Richards, The commissioner of police. Besides I have been keeping tabs on you. Seems you haven't lost your gym'' He stated with a smile.
I smiled back at him. He was about to add something when a feminine voice distracted him.
"Welcome dear'' my wife said as she is coming down the steps gently.
"Hey wifey meet my old time friend, Williams'' I said to her as she finally descended the stairs.
"Williams meet my other half'' I said to William.
"Now that is just great, just few years apart and you have gotten yourself another other half'' He stated blankly.
I smiled as I realized what he was saying. Back at the Academy, we were always together, doing everything together. People said we complement each other and that we are each other halves. I smiled as I remembered the level of havoc we wrecked together.

"But she is one pretty half'' He completed driving me back from the memory lane.
I chuckled at him.
"Oo William, the William you always talked about when we first got married'' she exclaimed.
I suddenly remembered. I so much spoke of William when we first got married that she to knows him even without seeing him.
I smiled with little embarrassment like a school child.
"Well well well that ain't too much of a surprise. Hope what he said about me are good.'' He asked with a little smile.
"Well most are good'' see replied thoughtfully trying to think back to those times.
"WHY most'' He asked with his brow arched up.
"He also spoke of some..... ''
"Okay that's enough'' I said cutting her off. Of course I knew what she wanted to say and William also knew. Only he is trying to play her.
"I think the introduction is enough'' I said trying to change the topic.
"Of course'' Williams added.
"What would you like to eat'' my wife asked.
I wasn't sure which of the two of us she was asking so I said what am sure William would have said.
"Nothing'' I replied.
"Nothing? '' she asked.
"Yea nothing'' I replied.
"Even for your guest'' she asked.
I looked at Williams and saw his expression. Even after 17 years I can still read him. He wants to talk first.
"Nothing we need to have a little chat first then maybe we can eat''
"Okay I would be upstairs if you need me'' she said and walks away climbing the stairs up to the bedroom.

I looked back at Williams and noticed his expression had changed. His face looks serious and grave and that happens when Williams is about to say or do something serious.
"Let's drive out'' He finally said breaking the silence.
"WHY ''
"I need somewhere private to discuss with you'' He said still with that grave expression.
"And what is wrong with this place'' I asked.
But instead of replying, his eyes went to the four top corners of the living room where cameras are located. I nodded in realization but still wondering what's is so serious that he wanted to say.
"Okay let's go'' I said Standing up and grabbing a key to one of the cars.
I got into the drivers side while he sat down right next to me. I ignited the vehicle driving out of the compound with minimum speed.
I was heading to nowhere in particular just driving in irregular direction.
"Park here'' He said breaking the silence.
He took a deep breath and kept his gaze outside staring at the passing cars.
"Am sure you are wondering about what is so important that you had to leave your hope. Well yes it is that important'' He said without taking a glance at me.
"So what is it'' I asked relaxing properly on the chair.
He took another deep breath before starting.
"The agency didn't want me to tell you this but I think you need to know. Have kept you in the dark for too long but........ ''
"What agency? What is it? Talk to me Williams.''

"AM AN AGENT. A SUPER AGENT AND A SPY''
He said dropping the bomb.,
Re: Alpha Squad. by devilmaycry1(m): 10:26am On May 07, 2018
hmm recuirtment form
Re: Alpha Squad. by Johnsown1(m): 6:15pm On May 07, 2018
comelyJummy:

surely...... Badboy
That one sweet na. I lie ni
Re: Alpha Squad. by itsandi(m): 6:17pm On May 07, 2018
Interesting update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Alpha Squad. by Evold: 4:21pm On May 08, 2018
getting more interesting. ride on
Re: Alpha Squad. by Skylard101(m): 9:49am On May 09, 2018
Next update should come up today once am done with my assignment
Re: Alpha Squad. by wizsolzy(m): 6:32pm On May 09, 2018
comelyJummy:

surely...... Badboy

Eyaf spoil finish

1 Like

Re: Alpha Squad. by Skylard101(m): 10:59am On May 10, 2018
Episode 15
Part ||
I did not say anything. Hell I can't say anything. Saying am shocked is an understatement, a huge one. I could only stare at him like he grew three heads. This is unbelievable. This is impossible. He looked out the window unable to meet my gaze. But...... But....... I could not come up with any reasonable explanation. Unless,........ Yea this has to be a joke, a very sick one.
I looked at him and this time he turned to face me and his face was dead pan serious with a ting of fear, guilt and regret.
"What?'' I managed to whisper in shock of the revelation he has just given me.
"When we met at the Institute, I was only there as an undercover agent. That was my first undercover mission. I was sent to get a man called Collins Edison, or as you know him Sam. We have been tailing him for some time having gotten an information about him. I was the cause of that unexplained event in the Institute cause that was the day I captured and stop him. The same day of our graduation. That was the day I finished my assignment and had to leave'' He ended with a grim face.

I stared so hard at his face trying to find some connection. His explanation seems right but it's still a but unbelievable. My former and maybe still best friend is an agent. Then it hit me like a storm. This is the reason. This is the reason I could never beat him in hand to hand combat, guns or any form of activity in the Institute. This is the reason he seems so secretive in the Institute. This is the reason he hacked into the Institute database. This is the reason he disappears for so many years. He actually have another life to live. This is the reason why he kept his true identity a secret.
"So this is the reason you used Mike as your name and kept your real name a secret'' I asked staring intently at his face.
He didn't speak, he only nodded in affirmation. It all makes sense. It all makes perfect sense now. My friend is an agent, how cool is that.
There was silence for about five minutes each of us occupied with our own thoughts.
"Look I know this is..... '' He was saying when I cut him off.
"I can't believe my best friend is an Super Agent. Way to go buddy'' I said with a smile and an American accent I thought I had dropped.
"Wait, you are not mad?'' He asked with a little disbelief.
"And why would I be? '' I asked with hands akimbo.
"Well, one, for keeping this a secret and for disappearing all this years. Also for missing the graduation'' He highlighted
"Well I understand bro. Life of an agent. I still can't believe my best friend is an agent. So that is why you always win every sparring match we ever engaged in''
He heaved a sigh of relief and smiled at me.
"Thanks bro'' He said.
I only smiled back. Than a thought crossed my mind.
"Do you have a family? '' I asked.
"Well yea a pretty wife, a cute boy and a pretty girl.'' He said his face beaming with smiles.
I wanted to ask another question about them but I decided to save it for later.
It's time to face the real issue at hand.
"So why are you here'' I asked raising the tension level once again.
His face dropped from the smiling face to the dead serious face. I watched as he take a deep breath before starting.
"We started a program a year ago. A program where we make kids undergo serious and heavy training to become agents. We got a notion and we believe that kids are the future of the Agency, The Super Agents. A lot of kids have been recruited all over the world but only few have made it to the higher class and they are still in training for them to become full bloodied agents. We don't just accept people anyhow, we accept them based on conditions and qualities they portray.
We heard about the two kids that stopped a gang of armed robbers. They have what the Agency is looking for, Raw talent. So the agency sent me to recruit them. The recruitment is not forceful, it's willingness. Also we noticed we had no Africans among the kids. So they might just be our first African agent in making.
So I need you help to recruit them'' He ended with his face as serious as a judge.
"How do you need my help?'' I asked with the same level of seriousness.
"Well you are the commissioner of police and I know you are very much interested in them. You just secured their release from prison and I know you would have other plans for them.
Besides it would be more easier if the commissioner, someone who secured their release wants to meet them than a white man from no where saying he wants to meet them. ''
He replied.

Silence reigned in the air for several minutes. No one said any thing . Each of us thinking about everything that has just been said.
"Look I know this is a big thing to ask from Yo.....' ', William started.
"I would do it no problem'' I replied cutting him off.
"If..... '' I continued and his smile paused
"You tell me how you knew I just secured those boys release'' I asked as I was really confused about that. No one knows about me going to the prison, except my wife told him which I seriously doubt.
"The same way I knew when you got proposed to your wife, got married had your first child and the day you became the commissioner of police''
"What, you are bluffing'' I replied. There is no way he could have known those information.
"You proposed to your wife 25 of August in the year 2000 in Domino Plaza. Your wife gave birth to your daughter September 24 2001 at that period, you where not at home. You left with a few of your friends to deal with someone who owned you money. 8 days later during the naming ceremony, you and a group of police officers busted a deal and stopped it arresting both the dealer and the buyer. You lost 3 officers. Should I go on?'' He asked when he noticed the shock look on my face.
This is just impossible. How could he have known all these. Unless,
"You bastard, you bugged me'' I shouted in realization. He has been watching me and everything that has been going on in my life.
"Yep that is very correct and I also had men watching you, adding new cameras to you anytime one fails or stop working'' He replied me with a smug smile on his face.
I could not say anything as I watch this crazy friend of mine. So he has been watching me for the past 17 years. That's just crazy.
"So you are gonna do it right? '' He asked to ascertain.
"Yea sure I love those kids anyway and am sure they are gonna have a bright future'' I said pushing the thoughts of been watched to the back of my mind.
"So how are we gonna do it'' I asked.
"Well here is the plan''
##############
It's a Saturday morning and the time is 7:20 and am ready to leave. Clad in a black suit over a white shirt, black tie on a pair of black trousers over a black Italian shoe. I went over to my car, a black Prado Land Cruiser 2015 model and got into the owner's corner. Usman is sitting behind the steering and as he heard the sound of door been closed, he ignited the vehicle and drove out of the compound. I already told Usman beforehand where we were going so I just relax enjoying the ride.
In an hour time, I got to the school, beacon college. I took a deep breath before coming down from the car. I made enquiry from the gate keeper about the location of the director's office and he directed me there. I took precise and calculated steps toward the director's office and knocked twice on the door before entering.
I saw that he is already in his office arranging some documents while patiently waiting for me. He looked up and saw me and he immediately stood up from his sit offering it to me to sit down. I walked to the sit which is at the edge of the rectangular table and sat down. He sat down on a chair beside me and we started chatting while waiting for the kids.
"Good morning sir how was your ride here'' He asked politely
"It's fine'' I replied the middle aged man. From what I have gathered about him. He is a naval officer, a Captain in rank. So he obviously commands some authority. From his looks he is obviously older than I am, but still he gives respect.
"So did you inform them about the meeting''
"O yes I did. I told their parents and am sure they told them''
"OK''
We chatted more about the school and later about the kids. He confirmed some information I have already gotten about them. I got the information of their parents and their occupation.

30 minutes later, I heard the huge gate open and my I sighted them through the window. I turned on the swivel chair so that I faced the window and I backed the door. A minute later, the door opened and the boys came in. When I was sure they were in the office, I turned once again on the swivel chair to face them with a smug smile plastered on my face and I saw the shocked look on their face.

1 Like

Re: Alpha Squad. by Skylard101(m): 11:01am On May 10, 2018
IT HAS LAND OO COME AND READ.
wizsolzy:

Eyaf spoil finish
IT HAS LAND OO COME AND READ. Lol
Re: Alpha Squad. by skubido(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2018
Tanks a lot for d update. Jah bless
Re: Alpha Squad. by devilmaycry1(m): 3:45pm On May 10, 2018
thank for the update
Re: Alpha Squad. by Silvertrinity(f): 5:27pm On May 10, 2018
so happy i finally catch up with you guys
Re: Alpha Squad. by Skylard101(m): 7:44pm On May 10, 2018
Silvertrinity:
so happy i finally catch up with you guys

You are welcome.
Cadec007 where are you
Re: Alpha Squad. by Cadec007(m): 7:46pm On May 10, 2018
Skylard101:

You are welcome.
Cadec007 where are you
*arrives in bmw i8* sorry bro just logged in, i would read all the outstanding post now!
Re: Alpha Squad. by Skylard101(m): 7:50pm On May 10, 2018
Cadec007:
*arrives in bmw i8* sorry bro just logged in, i would read all the outstanding post now!

Am when did you get the bmwi8
Re: Alpha Squad. by Cadec007(m): 7:53pm On May 10, 2018
Skylard101:

Am when did you get the bmwi8
hmmmm my brother! It was a gift from my Gf's family!
Re: Alpha Squad. by Skylard101(m): 7:56pm On May 10, 2018
Kai I have miss

1 Like

Re: Alpha Squad. by Skylard101(m): 7:56pm On May 10, 2018
Where is my share

1 Like

Re: Alpha Squad. by Cadec007(m): 8:20pm On May 10, 2018
Skylard101:
Where is my share
oya take!!! I dash u

Re: Alpha Squad. by Cadec007(m): 8:21pm On May 10, 2018
Skylard101:
Where is my share
my sidechick just got me chevy traverse, so i dash u the bmw i8!

Re: Alpha Squad. by Cadec007(m): 8:48pm On May 10, 2018
ghen ghen ghen ghen.......thanks for the update bro!!
Re: Alpha Squad. by Skylard101(m): 1:48am On May 11, 2018
That is my boy. With this the update would come faster. But where is ikombe and Wizsolzy
Re: Alpha Squad. by girlhaley(f): 11:44am On May 11, 2018
Wawu!!
Feels like I'm watching a movie More mb to your phone oh
But skylard... The updates are slow o
Re: Alpha Squad. by Skylard101(m): 12:14pm On May 11, 2018
girlhaley:
Wawu!!

Feels like I'm watching a movie
More mb to your phone oh
Amen

But skylard... The updates are slow o
Am sorry but it ain't easy updating with a phone and my exams are coming closer combined with lectures and assignments.
But I would try to improve
Re: Alpha Squad. by wizsolzy(m): 1:21pm On May 11, 2018
Skylard101:
That is my boy.
With this the update would come faster.
But where is ikombe and Wizsolzy

Ah no too know where ikombe go ooo
Make ah call Johnsown1 ma ask am

Re: Alpha Squad. by Skylard101(m): 3:12pm On May 13, 2018
Episode 16
Saying am shocked is an understatement to what I was feeling now as I was staring at the saviour commissioner sitting on the chair with a smile on his lips. But deep down, I knew we would meet again.
Different thoughts crossed through my mind as to what he is doing here. How did he even get here. I immediately realised that is a dumb question as the name of the school is all over the news. But what is he doing here. Now that is the ultimate question. What ignored his offer for a ride, surely he is not here for revenge. Okay that seems stupid. I looked left at Emmanuel only to see that he is as shock as I am even more. Geez this is something I didn't bargain for.
"Welcome Bolu and Emmanuel'' He said as a smile curve on his lips.
Jeez he already knows our name. I already freaking out. But somehow, I know I can't give him that pleasure. It's like an invisible competition is going on between us.
"Come in and take a sit'' He added pointing to the empty chairs by the side of the table.
I noticed that Emmanuel is still rooted in his dazed state. I tug at his arm and pull at him gently to the chair.
"Thank you '' I replied but couldn't added his name as I didn't know it.
He didn't reply just fixed his gaze on me.
" how is your body'' the director asked.
"Fine sir'' I replied.
"Well the commissioner was the one who organised this meeting to see you but I want to say A few things first'' He said calmly.
Well I already figured that it's the commissioner that would organize this, I thought as my gaze went back to meet his.
"I realize that I didn't really thank you and apologize for what happened that day. Well Thank you for your bravery, selflessness and also for keeping the money safe. I really appreciate everything you did. Also I apologize for you spending two days in the prison. I tried my best to get you out but they were just too adamant. But I sincerely apologize'' He ended.

I didn't say anything neither did Emmanuel say anything. I don't care what he had to say. All I wish to know is what our Mr commissioner had to say.
He cleared his throat before he started.
"Am sure you would be wondering why I called you here'' He started. "Well I just bring you a little invitation to my house for dinner by 6''
"And if I may ask, why is that. What is the main reason for inviting us for dinner'' I asked staring straight into the eye of the commissioner which shocked the director. Well if they think am gonna fall flat with gratitude and accept the invitation then they are greatly mistaken.
"Well it's just a form of compensation and apology...... ''
"If it's that then your apology is accepted and your compensation is not needed'' I replied cutting him off a which leaves another shocked look on the face of the director. Well the director has never seen me like this due to the fact I rarely see him. Well I only pity him, at this rate the old man might have an heart attack.
Well the commissioner definitely don't like being interrupted as his smiling face formed into a frown with lines on his for head.
"Let me complete my statement before you start talking boy.'' He was about to say more but he paused, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. I watched him with all my attention. He wants to get angry and lash out but something is holding him back. Or someone.
He took another deep breath before continuing
"You see my daughter kind of adores you ever since she has seen your face on the news. She actually wishes to meet you. And being my only child, I have decide to grant her request'' He ended with a much more calm face.
I took a deep breath. I am not sure of what to say or do again. He is really trying to control his anger. There is an end game for all this and am pretty sure I can only find out what it is when I get to his house. I believe am not only going to meet his daughter there but no matter what I need to go. At least to honour him. But I shouldn't give in that easily.
"It's just an harmless dinner, okay?'' He said as I am not saying anything.

I looked at Emmanuel for confirmation and he only nodded at me, that is enough confirmation for me.
"Fine we agree'' I said finally.
I noticed he heaved a sigh of relief.
"But how do we get there'' I asked
"No problem about that. I would send my driver to pick you up by 6:00pm this evening. So make sure you get ready before then'' He replied.
"But you don't even know our house address'' I asked again.
"Well your director told me everything I need to know about you'' He replied fixing his gaze on the director who seemed lost.
"O, oh yes''
"Okay, uh since that is settled can we take our leave. I kinda have things to take care of at home''I asked. I know I might sound kinda rude but I just feel there is some kind of hidden agenda. Well that doesn't stop me from going to the dinner. It's not everyday one sees this type of opportunity to chop commissioner's food.
"Well....... '' the director stuttered as he searched for words to say.
"Yes you can take your leave. But be ready by 6:00pm'' the commissioner said coming to the aid of the director.
"Okay sir'' I replied Standing up to take my leave with Emmanuel doing the same.

"So what do you think'' I asked Emmanuel as we were descending down the stairs
"About what? Is it the dinner invitation ''He asked foolishly.
"No its about my pregnant wife. Of course it's about the dinner you big dummy'' I replied in exasperation.
"Shut up idiot. It's okay. Is anything wrong with it'' He asked innocently.
"I should have sold you when I was five'' I murmured under my breath.
" You said?'' He asked.
"OH nothing. It okay, the dinner; very nice, perfect, Splendo'' I said rapidly.
"Let's were the same cloth our suit, dark blue top, dark blue jeans, or chinos and black sneakers '' He said suggestively with pleading eyes.
I looked at him and his puppy dog eyes. Okay those does not in anyway look like puppy dog eyes. He love us wearing the same cloths, yea we are that close.
"Okay, no qualms, see you in the evening'' I said heading in the direction of my home.
"YES, THANKS later things'' He said and walked happily home.
I looked back at his jubilating self walking home and I shook my head.
He might not be the smartest, but he is still my best friend.

MR RICHARD'S POV.
Those boys, so bold and smart. I must confess William pocked the best duo to recruit but he still has a lot of work to do. I can only imagine the level of chaos they had cause in their school with their attitude and more are still to come. What audacity. Especially that brown one, uh... Bolu, yes, he always has to be so smart. I know the loo on his face. He is still suspicious. I only hope he doesn't change his mind. I grateful to William for bringing that plan though it's half true. I signed as I removed the ear communication device from my ear. William owe me a whole lot for this.
"Oga......we don reach home'' Usman said turning back to look at me.
"O yea''I just noticed we had actually gotten home and Usman had parked the car. I got down from the car and stretched my bones.
Preparations has to be made for tonight's dinner. I thought as I walked to the house. God help me I hope this kids won't be the end of me.

Next episode comes up tommorrow

1 Like

Re: Alpha Squad. by skubido(m): 6:00pm On May 13, 2018
OK

Tanks a lot for d update. God bless ya hand work
Re: Alpha Squad. by Skylard101(m): 6:48pm On May 13, 2018
You are welcome
Re: Alpha Squad. by Silvertrinity(f): 8:25pm On May 13, 2018
following closely thanks for the update
Re: Alpha Squad. by Johnsown1(m): 12:59am On May 15, 2018
wizsolzy:

Ah no too know where ikombe go ooo
Make ah call Johnsown1 ma ask am
I dey
Re: Alpha Squad. by HarmonyJael(f): 1:51pm On May 21, 2018
Skylard, u are doing a great job here. Kip it up. Waiting 4 more updates oo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The 21st Century Lagos Wife. / Noel's Eve: Christmas Love Story. / The Power Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.