Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 - Jobs/Vacancies (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 (197799 Views)

Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2020- Assurance & Tax Regulatory Services / Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 / Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Program 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by LeakPlug(m): 2:11pm On May 10, 2018
samirnasri:

Chairmen them, I'm loyal. Perfect response

You need to add examples of how they have been able to do this especially in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by LaRochelle(f): 4:17pm On May 10, 2018
MikeAsher2:
Alright, so yesterday I met up with someone from on here. She lived close to my office and suggested a 'hang-out' to talk interviews. During lunch break, I spared about 45 mins. I showed up with a sheet of paper and some questions. She was surprised. Lol.

We asked each other questions at one KFC joint, and she was even a bit disappointed that she performed a bit poorly especially with interviews next week. Lol.

I was a bad-ass pretend HR, and then she asked me questions and I tried answering her. We reviewed notes and noted areas for development.

Of course, you know the likely first questions would be: "Tell us about yourself?" if they didn't already ask about how your group members performed. Then they would likely ask "Why PwC?" and these could come in various formats of course. It is how you answer the questions that the interview would likely follow.

Expect a lot of competency questions. After she tried her hands on the intro questions, she flopped in most of the other questions. Yet these are the same questions that have been posted on NL since forever. They are still on here. I asked her if she saw the questions, she said yes, so I asked why she didn't answer very well. She said she thought she had the route to answering the questions very well in her head but at that point she could not quite articulate it.

Those asking how the interviews went just want to hear/read something. Because there is nothing that would likely be new at the stage. The questions have been thrashed many times over. It now depends on how you handle the tension, how you own the questions, answer truthfully, and how much scenarios you offer.

The topics for Group Discussions, well, you can guess them and try to brush up before your interview. However, in my opinion, these are not things you can easily cramp up in your head but are more like what you have known over time. If you follow and read the news normally and went through normal uni/youth experience, you should be able to contribute. Really.

This is why i don't just advise knowing what to answer/say. Say it to yourself in the mirror. Talk to someone, anyone. Contact JarusHub if you want. Except you are naturally good at these things.

I wish you all the best. We out!

You deserve a large bowl of afang soup with plenty orisirisi cool.
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by Indescribable18: 4:46pm On May 10, 2018
LaRochelle ednut1 TheRealAdonye not the fake..lol.. Do you guys have an idea of when this set is resuming? Anybody with information can also help..
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by Catch23: 11:03pm On May 10, 2018
Okay guys, you all need to relax. Calm down. Insisting that interview experiences be put up doesn't make much difference. It's the same from last year, so you can literally get all the information you need for your interview from 2017 thread. I've been in this position before and I know how unsettling post-interviews are, so please cut them some slack and prep for yours. You'll be fine. If they choose to, fine. But if they don't, that's okay.

Also, just something I've noticed so far. Guys, please wear light-coloured shirts. Appearance matters a lot. White, yellow, sky blue, etc.

P. S. The most important thing in your group session is teamwork. I can't say that enough. It's more important than being leader/presenter/time-keeper. Sort yourselves out before you go in and be in sync when discussing issues. Points to help in your group presentations are scattered all over social media. Leverage on them.

Meanwhile, LaRochelle, I found an afang spot today cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by Emjay96(f): 11:55pm On May 10, 2018
oluwayimika123:
@ibnchokomah, thank you very much for the insight and I wish u success.

I went through the 2017 thread and I can't help but to salute their doggedness almost everybody shared one thing or the other about their experience during the interview but this year's thread is a complete reversal of what is happening in that thread.

Pls is their anyone slated for June 4?
Let's chat.

here
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by Nobody: 2:13am On May 11, 2018
Okay,I am not part of this recruitment exercise neither am I a staff but I have got 2 main things I wanna point out.
1. Since you guys are being asked situational judgement questions,I advice that after answering some questions,u give a short example, for example,if you are asked,how do you keep relationships? After answering,u cite an example with your personal life,a brief example,don't talk too long and bore your interviewers ooo. This helped me a lot ,during interviews at my own company.
2. If you know you aren't confident ,please visit jarushub so he can brush u up,I promised him I would tell people about him if I succeeded and I did. Its just a token fee and PWC is definitely worth it and more. I was a failure at interviews and ACS and I knew I had to do something extra and to be frank I didn't regret visiting jarushub. He really helped me and all he revised with me was asked,he covered all grounds,slide presentation,interview,group discussion e.t.c.I saw his advert on our thread then just like he is advertising here and I seized the opportunity cos I knew I neeeded tutoring. Today I am totally happy I did.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by LaRochelle(f): 12:35am On May 12, 2018
Catch23:
Okay guys, you all need to relax. Calm down. Insisting that interview experiences be put up doesn't make much difference. It's the same from last year, so you can literally get all the information you need for your interview from 2017 thread. I've been in this position before and I know how unsettling post-interviews are, so please cut them some slack and prep for yours. You'll be fine. If they choose to, fine. But if they don't, that's okay.

Also, just something I've noticed so far. Guys, please wear light-coloured shirts. Appearance matters a lot. White, yellow, sky blue, etc.

P. S. The most important thing in your group session is teamwork. I can't say that enough. It's more important than being leader/presenter/time-keeper. Sort yourselves out before you go in and be in sync when discussing issues. Points to help in your group presentations are scattered all over social media. Leverage on them.

Meanwhile, LaRochelle, I found an afang spot today cheesy

Tell me na embarassed.
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by lawal456(m): 9:20pm On May 12, 2018
Live in Lagos but presently serving in Benue
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by sheke01: 9:58pm On May 13, 2018
I didn't want to post this because of personal reasons but on a second thought I think I owe it to posterity to do this because I gained a lot from 2016, 2017 threads and other nairaland threads that I've been following.
I had my pwc interview on friday but before I go into details let me talk about my experience so far. For OPQ, consistency is all they want. Even if u are choosing all the "negative" traits, just be consistent with them. Or better still visit 2017 thread from page 50-65, LaRochelle and her gang laid down some pretty nice traits they were consistent with. You can stick to those traits and be consistent with them.
Back to my interview, my team's topic was Tourism and it's importance to Nigerian economy. For the other team that did on the same day, their topic was Child labor and ways to eradicate it. It's best if your team can choose it's presenter, time keeper, coordinator etc before you guys enter the room as this will save time for your team and everyone should try and contribute as the panelists will be seated on the same table with you guys and will be writing something (scoring you guys) as you people are deliberating on the topic. Contributions is more important than being time keeper or coordinator.
My one on one interview proper: [/b]I was really drilled. [b]No amount of preparation would have prepared me enough for what I went through on friday. I spent closed to an hour and I was asked more than 20 questions. Being truthful is the way forward or if u can construct your response beforehand, good for you. But one thing I learnt from the interview is that you can not prepare enough and you can't plan for every possible situation based questions.
The questions I was asked is as follows:
If given a 2nd chance at the group presentation what will I do differently
Tell us about yourself
Tell us about a time you showcased a skill i mentioned in the "tell us about yourself response"
What do you know about pwc
What do you know about pwc Nigeria
Tell us about a time you showcased your communication skills
How do you stay updated with current news
Tell us about a time you had a conflict with people in my previous place of work
Don't I think I took the conflict too far?
Tell us about about time you learnt something about a new environment
Tell us about a time you interacted with people outside your immediate circle (people you are not familiar with), and your contribution to the interaction
Tell us a time you convinced someone to accept my own idea
Do I know what services pwc offer
Do I know what auditors do
What's your career goal
Do I think engineering has prepared me to be an auditor
Which department did you apply to
Why did you apply to audit
The department my favourite pwc partner works in (because I mentioned a partner as my favourite in one of our discussions)
Do u have a mentor, if yes what impact has he made to your career choice
Tell us about a recent financial news and it's effect on the economy
I was finally asked to ask them a question, which I did
There are still some that I cannot remember and only the first 6 questions are in the order that I was asked

N/B: Please go with your credentials if you can, because some of us were asked for them as they were having problems finding our credentials

The panelists were really nice. I was given a bottle of water and I drank more than half of it. I was even asked to go with the rest

In in all, do your best and hope for the best

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by samirnasri(m): 10:28pm On May 13, 2018
sheke01:
I didn't want to post this because of personal reasons but on a second thought I think I owe it to posterity to do this because I gained a lot from 2016, 2017 threads and other nairaland threads that I've been following.
I had my pwc interview on friday but before I go into details let me talk about my experience so far. For OPQ, consistency is all they want. Even if u are choosing all the "negative" traits, just be consistent with them. Or better still visit 2017 thread from page 50-65, LaRochelle and her gang laid down some pretty nice traits they were consistent with. You can stick to those traits and be consistent with them.
Back to my interview, my team's topic was Tourism and it's importance to Nigerian economy. For the other team that did on the same day, their topic was Child labor and ways to eradicate it. It's best if your team can choose it's presenter, time keeper, coordinator etc before you guys enter the room as this will save time for your team and everyone should try and contribute as the panelists will be seated on the same table with you guys and will be writing something (scoring you guys) as you people are deliberating on the topic. Contributions is more important than being time keeper or coordinator.
My one on one interview proper: [/b]I was really drilled. [b]No amount of preparation would have prepared me enough for what I went through on friday. I spent closed to an hour and I was asked more than 20 questions. Being truthful is the way forward or if u can construct your response beforehand, good for you. But one thing I learnt from the interview is that you can not prepare enough and you can't plan for every possible situation based questions.
Tell us about yourself
Tell us about a time you showcased a skill i mentioned in the "tell us about yourself response"
Tell us about a time you had a conflict with people in my previous place of work
Tell us about a time you interacted with people outside your immediate circle (people you are not familiar with), and your contribution to the interaction
What's your career goal
My department my favourite pwc partner works in (because I mentioned a partner as my favourite in one of our discussions)
There are still some that I cannot remember and only the first 6 questions are in the order that I was asked

N/B: Please go with your credentials if you can, because some of us were asked for them as they were having problems finding our credentials

The panelists were really nice. I was given a bottle of water and I drank more than half of it. I was even asked to go with the rest

Thank you very much for this. Sometimes, I still feel I ain't prepared enough.
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by assurancefemi: 3:21am On May 14, 2018
Get an Online CV� today and improve your chances of getting your dream big job�, it's easy, Contact Us at http://webfm.cf��� today!

Job hunting is a difficult� task on its own. A Large population of candidates� vying for few available positions.

Why not spread your tentacles�? You might even have a well-structured CV� and still not get called, maybe because there were too many CVs to be reviewed and yours wasn't.

Companies�� use social media platforms like LinkedIn to search for the right candidates, placing the link to your Online CV�on your Social Media profiles such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram would greatly improve your chances.

Let us help you advance your career�. This could be the next step to your dream job, you'd be amazed at how fast information fly� on the Internet. It is relatively affordable.

Contact us

Whatsapp: https:///send?phone=2348160149309

Also checkout out our blog post on Why you should get an Online CV http://webfm.cf/why-you-should-get-an-onlineCV.html
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by JoeEINSTEIN(m): 7:28am On May 14, 2018
sheke01:
Tell us about yourself
What's your career goal
The department my favourite pwc partner works in (because I mentioned a partner as my favourite in one of our discussions)

Thanks for being detailed, Sheke01. I pray you get an offer.

Another week of interviews, all the best to us having this week. Grace wins!

3 Likes

Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by Paragon19: 9:11pm On May 14, 2018
Hello guyz... i did mine 2day and the group discussion we did was to provide remedy for fulani herdman...
Key is to contribute to the group discussion as the assessors will assess ur performance based on ur contribution.
On 1 on 1 interview, you must show full confidence, read abt pwc, coys pwc audits, ur strength, weekness, how u handled conflict, understand ur present work description well too.

In other news,PWC staffs are the best mehnn..
Madam Toyin also said results will be out by july....

See my pwc peeps in July grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by samirnasri(m): 8:35am On May 15, 2018
Success to those having their interview today.
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by nelronaldo(m): 10:15am On May 15, 2018
Please as a non-accounting student, will they ask us questions on basic accounting terms? Do we have to read about basic accounting terms before the interview?
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by samirnasri(m): 11:13am On May 15, 2018
nelronaldo:
Please as a non-accounting student, will they ask us questions on basic accounting terms? Do we have to read about basic accounting terms before the interview?

They may not directly ask about accounting terms, but you need to have the faintest idea about them. For example, you may be asked what an auditor does or your reason for switching from your area of specialization to audit; to give a good and coherent response, you would need to used some basic audit terms - that should show that you have an idea of what you are going into.

Check out these links
https://www.accountingdepartment.com/blog/10-basic-accounting-terms-defined
http://www.dummies.com/business/accounting/auditing/important-auditing-vocabulary-and-key-terms/

Be careful though not to dwell too much on them especially if you don't have an in-depth knowledge so they don't capitalize on it.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by nelronaldo(m): 12:22pm On May 15, 2018
samirnasri:

They may not directly ask about accounting terms, but you need to have the faintest idea about them. For example, you may be asked what an auditor does or your reason for switching from your area of specialization to audit; to give a good and coherent response, you would need to used some basic audit terms - that should show that you have an idea of what you are going into.

Check out these links
https://www.accountingdepartment.com/blog/10-basic-accounting-terms-defined
http://www.dummies.com/business/accounting/auditing/important-auditing-vocabulary-and-key-terms/

Be careful though not to dwell too much on them especially if you don't have an in-depth knowledge so they don't capitalize on it.

Goodluck.
Thanks a lot
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by koovan27(f): 4:56pm On May 15, 2018
I did my interview today, well there is nothing that o could write that has not been said already. I just want to use this opportunity to send a shout out to my group members, you guys were awesome. And hey this is Amarachi
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by WalkingLegend: 5:59pm On May 15, 2018
sheke01:
Tell us about yourself
What's your career goal

The Godfather ��

1 Like

Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 15, 2018
koovan27:
I did my interview today, well there is nothing that o could write that has not been said already. I just want to use this opportunity to send a shout out to my group members, you guys were awesome. And hey this is Amarachi

This one went to Interview Meeting Room and was looking for MikeAsher2 of Nairaland. cheesy

Me sef follow find am. They kept on guessing... lipsrsealed

My name is Amarachi but you can call me Onyinyechi grin

There was that bond from the onset. We discussed almost everything out there until Toyin complained of our noise. Lol. Great guys!

2 Likes

Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by samirnasri(m): 8:29pm On May 15, 2018
MikeAsher2:

This one went to Interview Meeting Room and was looking for MikeAsher2 of Nairaland. cheesy

There was that bond from the onset. We discussed almost everything out there until Toyin complained of our noise. Lol. Great guys!

Hahahahaah. i first know say you disturb lolz. terrorist.

you never still tell me the meaning of efiwey oh. and shey we fit borrow you for our own on thursday?
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 15, 2018
samirnasri:

Hahahahaah. i first know say you disturb lolz. terrorist.

you never still tell me the meaning of efiwey oh. and shey we fit borrow you for our own on thursday?

PM me, make we relate small...
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by Dheliozy(m): 9:30pm On May 15, 2018
Please

Any idea how many people made it to this round? And is the interview daily...? smiley
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by samirnasri(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2018
MikeAsher2:

PM me, make we relate small...

Alright boss. done
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 15, 2018
Dheliozy:
Please

Any idea how many people made it to this round? And is the interview daily...? smiley

About 265 were invited for interviews at the HQ, Lagos. I don't know if other offices are also interviewing but I doubt.

I know someone that had to borrow cash to get flight ticket from the UK to come, well after schedule talks with Toyin. I believe a central point for interviews is the idea; anyone with contrary info can post.

Also a few have missed their interviews and many more might miss. Even if there are offers, a portion will reject. Normal Normal...

Interviews are Mondays to Fridays until mid June, bar public hols and such.
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by nena2014: 11:03pm On May 15, 2018
MikeAsher2:

About 265 were invited for interviews at the HQ, Lagos. I don't know if other offices are also interviewing but I doubt.

I know someone that had to borrow cash to get flight ticket from the UK to come, well after schedule talks with Toyin. I believe a central point for interviews is the idea; anyone with contrary info can post.

Also a few have missed their interviews and many more might miss. Even if there are offers, a portion will reject. Normal Normal...

Interviews are Mondays to Fridays until mid June, bar public hols and such.
Please explain to me. I don't understand.
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 15, 2018
nena2014:

Please explain to me. I don't understand.

The 265 invited candidates will likely interview at Landmark Towers, Lagos, I think....
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by nena2014: 6:23am On May 16, 2018
MikeAsher2:

The 265 invited candidates will likely interview at Landmark Towers, Lagos, I think....
Yeah, thanks for your prompt response. Although I don't know the figure I understand that. I boldly highlighted a sentence. Please kindly explain the bolded sentence.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by Presbeuo(m): 8:23am On May 16, 2018
MikeAsher2:

shocked
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by Presbeuo(m): 8:24am On May 16, 2018
koovan27:

Amarachi! Our presenter. Twas awesome meeting y'all
Re: Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 by unamdi(m): 10:09am On May 16, 2018
Pls May 28th peeps...where are we?

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (57) (Reply)

(SSS) State Security Service Finally Has Called! / Nnpc New Recruitment Www.nnpcgroup/recruitment / In Desperate Need Of A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.