Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,379 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) (34978 Views)

Juju Calabash & Ritual Sponges Found In Demolished Lagos Mansion (video) / House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government / These Houses In Ebute Metta Are Too Close To Each Other (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by bewla(m): 8:30pm On Feb 01, 2018
u
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Charly68: 8:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
Ambode should be humane in his developmental strides ..most of the landlords feed on rents
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by talk2percy(m): 8:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
For this buhari harsh weather? Odikwa egwu.
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by dingbang(m): 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2018
Eya.. Please Lagos state government have mercy on those who are affected.. These people voted you into power to better their lives and not to destroy it. Destruction of properties is not the only way to infrastructural development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by abouzaid: 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2018
hh
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by ridbell01(m): 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2018
AntiWailer:
I pity this Ambode.
Allowing unpopular things to happen just a year to election.
I pray he lost to a credible person.
you are dreaming
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by manny4life(m): 8:34pm On Feb 01, 2018
Nonnyflex:
I am not against demolition... But it pains me when Govt demolish peoples houses or places of business without giving them better alternatives or adequate compensation... That's the height of wickedness...

Did you say better alternatives? If you followed the rules first by making sure the land you purchased wasn't on a govt right of way, maybe they wouldn't be victims. As difficult this is, this is an important lesson for many. Although I will suggest the govt sort of give some sort of compensation to the tenants to relocate but it's not the govt's responsibility to do so. Heck people need renters insurance to guard against against landlords that are in high risk of their properties being demolished.

1 Like

Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by emmie14: 8:44pm On Feb 01, 2018
neonly:
Apc nd buhari are demon I tell u
Good morning
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2018
dear, that's how our pharmacy was also demolished, no compensation from the land Lord or anybody... hoping to really get a new location before the drugs start expiring.
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by no1madman(m): 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
[img][/img]Okkkk

Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by balosunky(m): 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
maclatunji:
Don't build on government land. You never know when it will come back for its property. The problem is you might have built your life around a property that will be demolished with dire consequences.
I live at oshodi most of those places are not govt land, over 6 banks and 12 companies were affected to mention a few as in organisations that has C of O

1 Like

Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Lotorino: 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
U know nothing......
AntiWailer:
I pity this Ambode.

Allowing unpopular things to happen just a year to election.

I pray he lost to a credible person.

1 Like

Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by emmansus(f): 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
When I was coming from work today I saw two beggers and an office guy going to work,so I walk pass dem going my way.
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Nathan2016: 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
maclatunji:
Don't build on government land. You never know when it will come back for its property. The problem is you might have built your life around a property that will be demolished with dire consequences.

No insult intended but this is a Foolish talk. Do you know that all land belong to the state government.

Also what is so hard for the government to make the area which the want to use in the future, public for them?

The system is bad.

50 houses and this is what yo could come up with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Nathan2016: 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
manny4life:

Did you say better alternatives? If you followed the rules first by making sure the land you purchased wasn't on a govt right of way, maybe they wouldn't be victims. As difficult this is, this is an important lesson for many. Although I will suggest the govt sort of give some sort of compensation to the tenants to relocate but it's not the govt's responsibility to do so. Heck people need renters insurance to guard against against landlords that are in high risk of their properties being demolished.

for your mind you sound wise. All land belong to governement in case you dont know. Go and read land Act in Nigeria.

A government can wake up and say he wants to create a road in your house.
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Bimpe29: 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
Eyaaa! I hope the poor owners will be compensated appropriately .
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Jabioro: 9:26pm On Feb 01, 2018
It is nt at any time fell into govt accussatn but due to new plan and mega development it fall into demolitn...do nt blame the landlords but the govt who could nt do the needful...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Dearlord(m): 9:40pm On Feb 01, 2018
OP this is not demolition
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Nonnyflex(m): 9:48pm On Feb 01, 2018
manny4life:

So if you think the never paid Govt to acquire it in the first place then u are not a Nigerian... All the will do is bring an old master plan...
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by mechanics(m): 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2018
Nukilia:
When Landlord becomes tenant...
it won't be funny at all.

1 Like

Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2018
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by manny4life(m): 10:19pm On Feb 01, 2018
Nathan2016:

for your mind you sound wise. All land belong to governement in case you dont know. Go and read land Act in Nigeria.

A government can wake up and say he wants to create a road in your house.

I never said govt owns all the land, don't put words in my mouth and I don't need to read the land act. What I said is very simple: if your property is in the govt's right of way, they will bring it down. Whether there an actual right of way or not (to create a road to your house according to you) is a different issue.
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by manny4life(m): 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2018
Nonnyflex:

So if you think the never paid Govt to acquire it in the first place then u are not a Nigerian... All the will do is bring an old master plan...

Then the aggrieved should seek compensation from the court if the govt sold it directly to them. This should not be contested at all.
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by maclatunji: 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
Nathan2016:

No insult intended but this is a Foolish talk. Do you know that all land belong to the state government.

Also what is so hard for the government to make the area which the want to use in the future, public for them?

The system is bad.

50 houses and this is what yo could come up with

Common sense dictates that government has waived its rights on certain pieces of land via relevant documents such as C of O, Letter of allocation sometimes. So, there is "government land" and there is government land.
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by baslone: 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2018
manny4life:

I never said govt owns all the land, don't put words in my mouth and I don't need to read the land act. What I said is very simple: if your property is in the govt's right of way, they will bring it down. Whether there an actual right of way or not (to create a road to your house according to you) is a different issue.

None has violated any rule.

Govt simply needs the space to expand the road. They have said they will be compensating everyone, but as it is- they ain’t showing any serious yet.

Mine was affected as well: before and after

1 Like

Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by maclatunji: 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2018
balosunky:
I live at oshodi most of those places are not govt land, over 6 banks and 12 companies were affected to mention a few as in organisations that has C of O

I definitely hope they have genuine documents, we all know about the proverbial "sharpness" that results in people getting documentation that cannot withstand closer scrutiny.

I am also sure a few people might be wronged and they should get justice as that is the best thing.

I know entire areas in Lagos where it is said that there is proper documentation from government and probably over a million live there.
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Tinaberry10(f): 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2018
I felt really bad when I saw a new building at finishing stage been demolished....
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Tex42(m): 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
Are the owners of these houses compensated at all? Cos I almost had a heart attack beholding this pictures, hope some of these landlords won't turn suicidal.

God see ur people through...
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Malawian(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
I passed there today, one Yoruba woman who owned one of the houses closer to that warehouse something, she was just defeated emotionally trying to stop them from further demolition of her building. some new plazas that was just newly constructed in that Oshodi was no longer standing. Well, when the LASG finishes, let's see what they are up to there.
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 11:33pm On Feb 01, 2018
Lawlessness of a govt that shud be upholding d law
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by ayoxxzbaba(m): 12:11am On Feb 02, 2018
Na owerri be that na.... Na because u no be lagosian... All ds places were along oshodi apapa express very busy road wt people trooping like bees... It looks d way u describe it because dem don demolish many building wey dey hin side.

Pubichairs:
cheesy the second image is like a haunted house, why are they crying if it was owerri...cry or lament you'd receive serious beating
Re: Houses In Oshodi Demolished As Owners Cry Out (Photos) by Tunks2017(m): 5:37am On Feb 02, 2018
More demolitions loading.......................................for
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better / High Quality Gates And Other Steel Works - Pictures Included / Abeokuta Are You Readdddyyyyyyy………this Is Loud+2349030188831

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.